Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Bank Account Being Charged?

• dragonsquarterb16_ESO
    ferikz wrote: »
    go do something with your life for a change instead of bitching around.

To be fair, all you're doing is bitching at other people who's problems you don't seem to share or are affected by.

So the advice about doing something with your life would seem to be much more pertinent to you than them.
    Options
  • ferikz
    ferikz
    Tedric wrote: »
    Entertainment is not something that has to paid. And I don't live in the US.

I think is common sense to spend accordingly to what you make moneywise.

If you don't have 15 bucks to spend on videogames don't subscribe to a 15 dollar/month game. I want a Ferrari, can't afford it tough, it's entertainment as well.

Simple math ... now stop complaining, and work on getting a job. Must be the same peeps that are complaining about maintenance in early access, that the game didn't match their MMO experts expectations.

This is a game forum, not the Wailing Wall ... go do something with your life for a change instead of bitching around.

Then why come to a thread you have no business in and start doing just that! wailing?! The f wrong with you?

This is called pointing out stupidity. And if you consider illegal their doings there are courts to solve those kinds of matters. Not game forums ... where you just seem to be crying about something senseless. But, as you were gentlemen ...
    Options
  • Cormoran
    Cormoran
    ✭✭
    The biggest problem legally for them and why we don't hear from them is they charged the full amount without telling you they were going to. At no time during the process do they tell you they will be accessing your credit card funds.. This is illegal.

Point blank, If your credit score takes a hit because they had to decline a credit hit that you supposedly agreed to, it's a problem.

This right here is the crux of the issue.

Whether people have money in their accounts for it or not is entirely irrelevant.

What ZOS has done here is at best incompetent and at worst illegal.
    Cormoran Venim, level 6 Nightblade, Ebonheart Pact
    Options
  • Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
    Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I pay with paypal... are your card stuff in shops already and where can we buy them so that i dont have to make myself two defrent moneybooking account?
    One bow to darken the sun
    One bow to unite the clans
    One bow to conquer the world and in darkness drown it...

- Prophecy of the tyranny of the sun
    Options
  • Christophetes
    Christophetes
    ✭✭✭

If you don't have 15 bucks to spend on videogames don't subscribe to a 15 dollar/month game. I want a Ferrari, can't afford it tough, it's entertainment as well.

Simple math ... now stop complaining, and work on getting a job. Must be the same peeps that are complaining about maintenance in early access, that the game didn't match their MMO experts expectations.

This is a game forum, not the Wailing Wall ... go do something with your life for a change instead of bitching around.

I do have a job. I work full time and earn a decent (not good, but decent) wage. Money is never really a "problem" for me; my rent is always paid, my bills are always paid, and there's always food in the house. However, I am between paydays right now, and don't have enough in my account to cover the $15 authorization because it's an unexpected expense. Unfortunately now my wife and I won't be able to play the game until I get paid next Friday because ZeniMax feels the need to authorize the entire amount, rather than doing what everyone else does and authorize a dollar.
    Options
  • Felarrond
    Felarrond
    ✭✭✭

I do have a job. I work full time and earn a decent (not good, but decent) wage. Money is never really a "problem" for me; my rent is always paid, my bills are always paid, and there's always food in the house. However, I am between paydays right now, and don't have enough in my account to cover the $15 authorization because it's an unexpected expense. Unfortunately now my wife and I won't be able to play the game until I get paid next Friday because ZeniMax feels the need to authorize the entire amount, rather than doing what everyone else does and authorize a dollar.

@ferikz Sorry man, we didn't just blow all of our money on crack or something like that, some of us make good money but still have things called budgets where unexpected expenses just don't fit in, and it's not just $15, some people sign up for a 6 month sub before the huge stink was raised on the forums about them pre-authing the entire amount, so we're talking a good portion of a Benjamin that's gone for a few days. That kind of money can jack someone up, or even if they only left $10 in their first paycheck bonus to cover emergency gas or something.

It's the fact that it was done on the dirty, on purpose or accidental, you were told nothing would appear on your bank account until your free time ran out, that's why this is a major deal.
    Options
  • Felarrond
    Felarrond
    ✭✭✭

Once again, if a 15 dollars extra expense is something that you can't cover, you shouldn't be playing videogames. Sex is free, just a tought.

And with your attitude and witticisms, I imagine sex is something YOU have to expense.
    Options
  • Christophetes
    Christophetes
    ✭✭✭

Once again, if a 15 dollars extra expense is something that you can't cover, you shouldn't be playing videogames. Sex is free, just a tought.

Once again; unexpected expense.

Options
  • Ojustaboo
    Ojustaboo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Call it trolling, or whatever you wish to call it, but what some people have said does have merit. While budgeting for entertainment expenses is very wise, and I definitely recommend it, if you haven't got wriggle money, then you probably shouldn't be spending your money on online games.

I don't call it trolling, I call it a simple lack of understanding about how many many many western families live.

Using your point of view, for their entire lives, many should not have a TV, drive a car, buy any games consoles, have access to the internet, sub to a game, have the occasional cheap holiday etc etc etc.

Many families are poor compared to a lot of others for their entire lives, often with both parents working long hours on min wage jobs, sometimes with more than one job.

and I don't expect such families to sit around a table at home playing I-spy every night, I expect them to work out their budget so that they do get money for a little relaxation time and say to take the kids to the movies occasionally.

The idea that every family has savings/investments etc is a dream that simply will never ever be a reality for a lot of people.
    Options
  • Etchesketch
    Etchesketch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cormoran wrote: »
    The biggest problem legally for them and why we don't hear from them is they charged the full amount without telling you they were going to. At no time during the process do they tell you they will be accessing your credit card funds.. This is illegal.

Point blank, If your credit score takes a hit because they had to decline a credit hit that you supposedly agreed to, it's a problem.

Whether people have money in their accounts for it or not is entirely irrelevant.

Hilarious that some people don't understand the problem. I guess they either don't care about their credit, or their parents pay for their game, or they have no empathy for other people and as long as it doesn't affect them, it's not a problem.

Oh well.
    Pretty sure the internet age has produced far more Sociopaths than other gens.
    Edited by Etchesketch on 4 April 2014 18:10
    The number one rule of online gaming is now and has always been, Never play on Patch Day.
    Options
  • angh
    angh
    This is really bad idea. This is a first time in 10 years I actually have to PAY for a month even if the month is included. I got myself a full Imperial Edition, and it seems that spending E100 is not enough.
    Guys, check the other titles and THINK! I don't mind to give my card details or to pay a usual 1 cent to confirm my account, but this is a joke. I'll wait till Sunday with registration of my copy and will decide if I really want to play this game so badly. And I bought a CE because I was sure I want to play it...
    I'm really disappointed.
    Options
  • Felarrond
    Felarrond
    ✭✭✭
    I find this situation funny actually. it's the same line of tought that allows people to have as many children as they want even tough they're only able to provide *** lives to them, and sometimes even have them begging in the streets, or starving.

Unexpected expenses are considerable amounts of money that severely affect your monthly budget, not 15 bucks. If you eat to much at tuesday and need an extra 15 bucks to eat till friday you're gonna starve to death ? stop the bs, or stop being dumb.

Bottom line is: don't write checks your mouth can't catch.

You make me giggle. <3
    Options
  • Frail_Old_Man
    Frail_Old_Man
    ✭✭

Say you withdraw 60€ from your account leaving you with 10€ on your account, then you sub and all of a sudden you get with NO WARNING a 13€ 'authorization payment', which would put you to negatives.

You could have easily covered it if you'd've KNOWN about the damn thing. That's one of the bigger issues.
    Not to mention a lot of the people playing are students etc.
    And last, but not least, low income people are entitled to play games just as much as you are.
    Sanguine's testers, the best testers.
    Alas we are no longer labeled as such.
    Options
  • deef85b16_ESO
    deef85b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I find this situation funny actually. it's the same line of tought that allows people to have as many children as they want even tough they're only able to provide *** lives to them, and sometimes even have them begging in the streets, or starving.

Unexpected expenses are considerable amounts of money that severely affect your monthly budget, not 15 bucks. If you eat to much at tuesday and need an extra 15 bucks to eat till friday you're gonna starve to death ? stop the bs, or stop being dumb.

Every heard of principles ?
    Go ahead and support bad practices and lies from greedy companies :')
    I do certainly NOT, even if this issue hasn't effect me yet because I can take the €12,99.. I'm waiting to put in my codes @ Sunday
    Options
  • gldnsabre_ESO
    Quidel wrote: »
    xDevlinx21 wrote: »
    Thannik wrote: »
    People really do complain about anything and everything. ZOS, you guys are doing a great job bringing a single player franchise to the MMO world, and great job on your first ever MMO.

This game reminds me a lot of Asheron's Call. A game that i've been paying $14.95/month off and on since 1998 (okay, it was 9.99/month back then). I bring this up as a point, that's also another subscription MMO which requires payment authorizations before playing your first 30 days. And it's one of the oldest! Not every company does it the WoW way (to whom referenced "the biggest MMO out there", for better or for worst.

Don't let the chorus of QQ bring you down. Just remember all the positive people are too busy playing. - or patiently waiting for the game to patch. :)

You're an idiot. Not everyone can afford to pay the full amount of a sub. I can afford to, but I didn't want to until my next payday when I have less bills to pay.
    Grow some common sense dude.

Your calling him an idiot, it says it when you buy it. be it Digital or hard copy.

PRODUCT DETAILS
    30 days of game time included
    Subscription and account for The Elder Scrolls Online required
    A persistent internet connection is required to play

they told you before you bought it.

No you're the idiot as you put it. Please read again it only says a subscription and account is required to play. It does not say that you have to purchase or have a 14.99 hold on your account before you can get your 30 free days.

Now this being said most if not all companies that do what is called an pre-authorization hold on your account (even gas stations) hold $1.00 which in turn falls off usually when they batch their daily sales. But I have never seen or held against the account the full amount of a charge just for a pre-auth which is what most people on here are upset about.

So what ZM needs to do is call their Merchant Account Holder and ask them to stop holding the full amount and only hold a dollar for authorization/verification purposes. Which they can easily do.
    Edited by gldnsabre_ESO on 4 April 2014 18:20
    Options
  • ferikz
    ferikz

Say you withdraw 60€ from your account leaving you with 10€ on your account, then you sub and all of a sudden you get with NO WARNING a 13€ 'authorization payment', which would put you to negatives.

You could have easily covered it if you'd've KNOWN about the damn thing. That's one of the bigger issues.
    And last, but not least, low income people are entitled to play games just as much as you are.

It's a simples matter of depositing an extra 15 wtvs in your account. If you don't have the means to do that you shouldn't waste your time playing videogames.

I'm also entitled to be driving Ferrari's, I just don't have enough money ...

Seriously, if you can't get it in your head that 15 bucks shouldn't be much for someone who has already afforded a nice PC to play, 60-80 bucks for the game, and if it is, that person should find cheaper alternatives of entertainment such as parks, museums, getting high on crack or wtv, you either suck at financial planning and math or you're stupid.

Just don't go having kids, for the sake of world's economy.
    Edited by ferikz on 4 April 2014 18:22
    Options
  • Christophetes
    Christophetes
    ✭✭✭

An unexpected expense can be any amount that a person didn't budget for. I didn't plan to have an extra $30 this week (two authorisations; one for me, the other for my wife) because I was expecting 30 free days of game time, with maybe a couple $1 authorisations.

Bottom line is we won't be able to play a game we paid for. Frankly I don't really mind that much personally, because I have other things to do besides play an MMO. The situation bothers me more on principle than anything else.

Oh yeah, and you're a ***. Congratulations!

Options
  • Felarrond
    Felarrond
    ✭✭✭

It's a simples matter of depositing an extra 15 wtvs in your account. If you don't have the means to do that you shouldn't waste your time playing videogames.

Seriously, if you can't get it in your head that 15 bucks shouldn't be much for someone who has already afforded a nice PC to play, 60-80 bucks for the game, and if it is, that person should find cheaper alternatives of entertainment such as parks, museums, getting high on crack or wtv, you either suck at financial planning and math or you're stupid.

The amount has nothing to do with most of the complaints on this thread.. Let me type very s l o w l y so you understand.

It's the fact that it was a h i d d e n charge when most of us subscribed, we didn't k n o w they were placing a hold on the account because the page d o e s n ' t indicate that they're placing any sort of hold on your account.

They offered you a free month of game time with the game, and then put it behind a pay wall, which isn't that outrageous, but they then made the paywall charge you a temporary amount of the F U L L game subscription fee.

That fact that it's temporary doesn't mean jack, other than the fact that it can seriously screw people either out of paying another bill because they didn't know about the charge, or screw them out of their free game time until they can get the money to pay for it.

They BOUGHT the game, you have no right to tell them they shouldn't be playing it. You're the worst kind of troll, one with a sense of entitlement and arrogance.
    Options
  • Cormoran
    Cormoran
    ✭✭
    Cormoran wrote: »

Hilarious that some people don't understand the problem. I guess they either don't care about their credit, or their parents pay for their game, or they have no empathy for other people and as long as it doesn't affect them, it's not a problem.

Oh well.
    Pretty sure the internet age has produced far more Sociopaths than other gens.

Yeah, it's sad really.

To those wishing to defend ZOS: You have chosen the wrong argument, instead of attacking people for their circumstance try actually defending what ZOS failed to do.

Of course you'll notice they won't, it's not quite as easy as "hurr hurr, you're poor!".
    Cormoran Venim, level 6 Nightblade, Ebonheart Pact
    Options
  • Acuvis
    Acuvis
    Soul Shriven
    I bought the physical edition of the game four days ago, I got early access and everything good and beautiful. But today when I received physical game, I tried to enter the code explorer's pack and appeared invalid code. Why?
    Plus they can not validate the game until you pay the subscription!
    The message is: "PLEASE SELECT YOUR SUBSCRIPTION PLAN OR PREPAID GAME TIME CODE BELOW". When "PREPAID GAME TIME CODE" should be the explorer's pack code!
    And still wonder why???
    Options
  • Felarrond
    Felarrond
    ✭✭✭

The amount has nothing to do with most of the complaints on this thread.. Let me type very s l o w l y so you understand.

It's the fact that it was a h i d d e n charge when most of us subscribed, we didn't k n o w they were placing a hold on the account because the page d o e s n ' t indicate that they're placing any sort of hold on your account.

They offered you a free month of game time with the game, and then put it behind a pay wall, which isn't that outrageous, but they then made the paywall charge you a temporary amount of the F U L L game subscription fee.

That fact that it's temporary doesn't mean jack, other than the fact that it can seriously screw people either out of paying another bill because they didn't know about the charge, or screw them out of their free game time until they can get the money to pay for it.

They BOUGHT the game, you have no right to tell them they shouldn't be playing it. You're the worst kind of troll, one with a sense of entitlement and arrogance.

Waiting on y'all to go to court to solve this matter, instead of bitching around in the same company who's exploiting and making a fool out of you forums.

As usual, you're gonna post and repost, whine, cry, stomp your feet on the ground, and do *** about it ... who's the troll ?

Or did you really think an Adm or a Dev was gonna come here and tell you that if you felt outraged by the charge billed to your cc they're gonna give you your money back. Really hope they do that at some point, and really hope Santa stop by my house this year with presents.

Paying customers to a service have every right to express their outrage at what amounts to shady billing practices, in fact I've already submitted a Better Business Bureau complaint on the matter and have contacted my bank who has authorized me to dispute the charges as fraudulent, I'm actually waiting to see if Zenimax has the balls to at least apologize for what is a serious abuse of a customers trust.

And I've already called Santa for you, he's bringing you a ball gag for Christmas. Enjoy!
    Options
  • Rozari
    Rozari
    zenimax stop doing this sh it otherwise you loose me as customer
    Options
  • ArcheKnight
    ArcheKnight
    ✭✭✭
    Wow. Just scrolled through 12 pages just to check for a mod response and NOTHING!

Anyways, I didn't read everything but I did see a few posts about those people for whom $15 is a lot. They made it sound like those people should be working 24/7. News flash, that isn't how life works. Plus, for most of them, it isn't that $15 is just ridiculous and impossible, it is that when they budgeted for their household, they didn't take into account an early $15 fee. When you live paycheck to paycheck that can be very significant. If this was clear from the beginning and people were notified that it would take a sub fee worth of pre-auth to play, then it would be their own fault, but as it is, it is a surprise and not evident anywhere.
    Options
  • Paske
    Paske
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow. Just scrolled through 12 pages just to check for a mod response and NOTHING!

For the time being they are pretending this never happened.

Probably because people who are capable of making statements are infact enjoying their weekend. So there is little hope for an official response before next week / monday.

Options
  • MrJones
    MrJones
    I hope this Company gets these issues fixed and not let the big dummy in the payroll department cause their game to go up in flames. All the issues we are having with billing could cost the player additional money.

I paid for a digital down load and have re-installed the game twice now and still cant use the launcher to get into the game. Most players do have a max internet usage each month.

When I bought the game from their site and the billing page locked up i was hit with not only the 30 day change everyone is upset about. I am luck enough to have $79.99 charge pending twice on my Credit Card for the game.

All these issue will happen on new games but should not be to this magnitude. At this point any company should have a clue that People do not forget. Please address your issues or you will just continue to loose paying customers over a bad ideas and lack of communication before the player even decides if he or she even likes your game.

People will forgive if you are honest and tell them what they don't want to hear but will never forget or forgive if you say nothing. In this case saying it once will not be enough.

As for my issues, if by an off chance i do get charged for the game twice my credit card company will give me my money back for everything i have paid. I am not worried about my money just disappointed in a game I waited so long to play.

Edited by MrJones on 4 April 2014 18:47
    Options
  • Christophetes
    Christophetes
    ✭✭✭

Anyways, I didn't read everything but I did see a few posts about those people for whom $15 is a lot. They made it sound like those people should be working 24/7. News flash, that isn't how life works. Plus, for most of them, it isn't that $15 is just ridiculous and impossible, it is that when they budgeted for their household, they didn't take into account an early $15 fee. When you live paycheck to paycheck that can be very significant. If this was clear from the beginning and people were notified that it would take a sub fee worth of pre-auth to play, then it would be their own fault, but as it is, it is a surprise and not evident anywhere.

Exactly.
    Options
  • otomodachi
    otomodachi
    ✭✭✭
    IMO what's more likely happening is a *** of meetings about

a) how to change whatever automated process handles subs so this stops happening without completely breaking the form functionally and security-wise

b) how to expedite the current pre-auths, cuz at this poiint all of you folks who got hit with pre-auth holds (or actual charges, wtf do I know it's not my bank account) are in the BANK/CREDIT COMPANY's hands for the time being.

it just sucks all around for everyone, might be worth something if you're really really mad to know there's probably a bevvy of ZO employees having a rough day, I'd bet a septim on it.

The folk who talk to us, it's their job to follow policy from high up on the most part AFAIK so its like... what can you say other than "we're working on it, we're gonna do something". But I hope someone is letting the people making the policy know we'd loooooooove some kinda news.
    Paske wrote: »

For the time being they are pretending this never happened.

Probably because people who are capable of making statements are infact enjoying their weekend. So there is little hope for an official response before next week / monday.

Edited by otomodachi on 4 April 2014 18:50
    What do you gain by criticizing a CSR complaint?
    Options
  • Etchesketch
    Etchesketch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not a chance they are enjoying anything right now... especially not a weekend. They have real time problem to address and Friday work will determine if they even GET a weekend.
    The number one rule of online gaming is now and has always been, Never play on Patch Day.
    Options
  • RunAway
    RunAway
    ✭✭✭
    I just did it using paypal. It says "Payment status = cancelled". Which is what I'm guessing should have happened when you use a credit card?
    Options
  • otomodachi
    otomodachi
    ✭✭✭
    Paypal's not a bank or credit company, I'd imagine they have a sleeker system.
    RunAway wrote: »
    I just did it using paypal. It says "Payment status = cancelled". Which is what I'm guessing should have happened when you use a credit card?

What do you gain by criticizing a CSR complaint?
    Options