Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

DLC dungeon's give away ?

Castagere
Castagere
✭✭✭✭✭
Can these DLC dungeons be soloed or do you need groups for them? I remember trying one and getting slaughtered in the first fight.
  • KageofRLyis
    KageofRLyis
    Soul Shriven
    For some people, it is possible to solo if they have the knowledge of the mechs and skills that handle it.
    I haven't watched any but Youtube have some videos titled solo Fang Lair and Scalecaller Peak. And I found a Reddit thread from 4 years ago for a solo Fang Lair vet HM.

I haven't tried to solo either of them and I'm not interested in trying to solo them. I go in with my sister and our companions on normal or vet depending on which characters we picked up the pledge on. Or with three strangers on normal, on Fang Lair I haven't had any problems, while on Scalecaller the group might break up before trying or after the first boss if someone had speed run to it and died because of stacking the ogres.
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You might need Undo for SCP last boss. There's also 2 pins in FL I can think of.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
    • CP 2000+
    • Warden Healer - Arcanist Healer - Warden Brittleden - Stamarc - Sorc Tank - Necro Tank - Templar Tank - Arcanist Tank
    • Trials: 9/12 HMs - 3/8 Tris
    • Dungeons: 30/30 HMs - 24/24 Tris
    • All Veterans completed!

View my builds!
  • BasP
    BasP
    ✭✭✭✭
    I did both dungeons today for the first time and they are pretty easy to solo on normal. You definitely need Precognition for one boss fight in Fang Lair, but you can do Scalecaller Peak without that Ultimate. It appears that the mechanic that can only be survived with Precognition in SCP isn't in the normal version of the dungeon (or maybe it just wasn't deadly).

Edit: I stand corrected. Depending on your DPS, you might need Precognition in SCP too (see a post further down below).
    Edited by BasP on 2 September 2024 16:30
  • Kappachi
    Kappachi
    ✭✭✭✭
    dungeons aren't meant to be solo'd... especially on veteran difficulty you should not expect to be able to solo these unless you have extensive game knowledge and like 1800+CP.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I could solo Fungal Grotto 1 and perhaps some others at that level, but I would not count on it. I am not sure where I rank in the scale, but think about your own experience and skills and consider that.

I would not recommend most people solo them.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BasP wrote: »
    I did both dungeons today for the first time and they are pretty easy to solo on normal. You definitely need Precognition for one boss fight in Fang Lair, but you can do Scalecaller Peak without that Ultimate. It appears that the mechanic that can only be survived with Precognition in SCP isn't in the normal version of the dungeon (or maybe it just wasn't deadly).

Inferno Hold is in normal too, but if your dps is high enough you burn to 2 ice dudes phase she don't have time to use it. Once you get to dragon statue shooting cones at random, there is no more Inferno Hold.
  • BasP
    BasP
    ✭✭✭✭
    robpr wrote: »
    BasP wrote: »

Inferno Hold is in normal too, but if your dps is high enough you burn to 2 ice dudes phase she don't have time to use it. Once you get to dragon statue shooting cones at random, there is no more Inferno Hold.

That's good to know, thanks. If I ever do the dungeon solo again with another character, I'll make sure to have Precognition on hand just in case then.
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great now everybody is going to be running Doylemish!

Jk
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • Stafford197
    Stafford197
    ✭✭✭✭
    Small PSA!

When you unlock DLC Dungeons, they will forever be associated to your random group finder dungeon pool. In other words, if you often queue for random dungeons for your dailies, these new dungeons will become an option.

Many players purposely do not unlock specific dungeon DLCs because they tend to be far longer dungeons compared to base game content and sometimes will not even clear with a PUG group. The “Normal” and “Vet” difficulties between base and DLC dungeons are NOT proportional. Consider playing through them via ESO+, but be careful about actually permanently unlocking them.

You’ll also naturally queue into long DLC dungeons more often than base game dungeons via random group finder, because you will become part of a smaller pool of players who are capable of that compared to the larger pool of players who are not.

Just thought it’s worth pointing out before you collect what is potentially a hindrance on your account.
  • Kappachi
    Kappachi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Small PSA!

When you unlock DLC Dungeons, they will forever be associated to your random group finder dungeon pool. In other words, if you often queue for random dungeons for your dailies, these new dungeons will become an option.

Many players purposely do not unlock specific dungeon DLCs because they tend to be far longer dungeons compared to base game content and sometimes will not even clear with a PUG group. The “Normal” and “Vet” difficulties between base and DLC dungeons are NOT proportional. Consider playing through them via ESO+, but be careful about actually permanently unlocking them.

You’ll also naturally queue into long DLC dungeons more often than base game dungeons via random group finder, because you will become part of a smaller pool of players who are capable of that compared to the larger pool of players who are not.

Just thought it’s worth pointing out before you collect what is potentially a hindrance on your account.

Meanwhile regular/average players who play for fun are completionists, I own every single DLC in the game so even with no ESO+ all these dungeons are in my pool because it keeps things fresh and interesting. Not everyone is a min-maxer, i come back to this game for enjoyment and go through every dungeon the game has to offer.

The longer dungeons also have better rewards, fang lair for instance has a very valuable chest motif iirc. + you need them for when arms packs comes out for those dungeons.
    Edited by Kappachi on 3 September 2024 00:01
  • Stafford197
    Stafford197
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kappachi wrote: »
    Small PSA!

Meanwhile regular/average players who play for fun are completionists, I own every single DLC in the game so even with no ESO+ all these dungeons are in my pool because it keeps things fresh and interesting. Not everyone is a min-maxer, i come back to this game for enjoyment and go through every dungeon the game has to offer.

The longer dungeons also have better rewards, fang lair for instance has a very valuable chest motif iirc. + you need them for when arms packs comes out for those dungeons.

ESO has 30+ DLCs… I wouldn’t call you an average player when you claim to purchases 30+ DLCs for a single video game.

What I said does not matter for everyone, but it can hopefully stop some players from making a choice they will regret. It’s important to mention because a lot of players do avoid dungeon DLC purchases for that reason. No need to fight against players having extra info about stuff.
  • Silaf
    Silaf
    ✭✭✭✭
    For me this event is an insult to players that did purchase the content.

This doesen't mean i'm not happy for all that are enjoying it but ZOS should have more consideration for the old paying players.
  • Kappachi
    Kappachi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Silaf wrote: »

This doesen't mean i'm not happy for all that are enjoying it but ZOS should have more consideration for the old paying players.

it is unfortunate when DLC comes up for me... wish they'd substitute it for idk, could be like 1/3rd the crown value or something or 100k gold each time instead.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Small PSA!

Um, it's a daily login reward. Telling someone to not unlock it means telling someone to avoid collecting login rewards for this entire month.

Also, anyone with ESO+ will always have access to all the DLC dungeons. If someone really, really cares that much about avoiding DLC dungeons in the random pool, they should instead just add someone below level 45 to the group.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Stafford197
    Stafford197
    ✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    Small PSA!

Um, it's a daily login reward. Telling someone to not unlock it means telling someone to avoid collecting login rewards for this entire month.

Also, anyone with ESO+ will always have access to all the DLC dungeons. If someone really, really cares that much about avoiding DLC dungeons in the random pool, they should instead just add someone below level 45 to the group.

Yes it is a daily login reward. Not sure what you read, but nowhere did I tell anyone what to do.

I’m informing people about the potential cons of permanently unlocking DLC dungeons on an account. Message was very clear. Most people will not care, but for some it does matter and can’t be undone. Just helping people by putting the info out there.

• Sidonius
    Sidonius
    ✭✭✭
    Castagere wrote: »
    Can these DLC dungeons be soloed or do you need groups for them? I remember trying one and getting slaughtered in the first fight.

Z0S probably thinks people will magickly starting doing dlc dungeons.
  • jongoma
    jongoma
    ✭✭

lmao so greedy , and you should paying zos also for all the years you used it...
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Uh, these dungeons are six years old. And every time there's been an ESO+ trial, people have had access.

For the record, I've bought these dungeons with crowns for permanent unlocks on two different accounts, and I most certainly do not feel "insulted".

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nowhere did I tell anyone what to do

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'tell' is."

Okay, fair, you did not explicitly tell people to take draconian steps to avoid acquiring these dungeons, but you sure did make a sensational argument that a reasonable person would construe as a suggestion for a certain course of action.
    Edited by code65536 on 3 September 2024 14:43

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
  • Stafford197
    Stafford197
    ✭✭✭✭
    nowhere did I tell anyone what to do

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'tell' is."

Okay, fair, you did not explicitly tell people to take draconian steps to avoid acquiring these dungeons, but you sure did make a sensational argument that a reasonable person would construe as a suggestion for a certain course of action.

Look it really wasn’t meant to be so deep. It’s okay if you disagree but my argument is made in good faith. This was just an attempt to help some people so I’m not sure why I’m being pressed so much.

Personally I have the DLCs and it’s not an issue for me. However, I’ve met countless players who either were annoyed when seeing such long DLC dungeons during random group queue, regret their purchases, and/or specifically avoided purchasing certain or all DLC dungeons because of this and just got their completions finished whenever they’re subbed to ESO+ or during free ESO+ weekends.

I tried to make it clear that while this is a free DLC, please beware of the implications that collecting it will have in case the implications may become an annoyance for you in the future or not, as it has to a huge amount of players I’ve encountered. That’s all. Not trying to force people one way or another but rather just inform them about something they may not have thought of before it’s too late. And again is most likely won’t matter to most people, but it can certainly be a problem for some.
  • thedocbwarren
    thedocbwarren
    ✭✭✭
    I wish (big wish) these can be story even of just that. I want to run the story as listed in this list vs grinds. I suppose that is not what this is.
  • LaintalAy
    LaintalAy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Small PSA!

There won't be too many players that don't understand the consequences of not taking daily rewards.
    As the dungeons are at the 3rd and 4th days, players have most of the month to change their mind.

There may be more players that end up regretting accepting these gifts because they get hauled into these two dungeons, that I personally find oppressive.

Your suggestion that you "just add someone below level 45" really negates the argument about 'random dungeons'.
    You could have just said 'don't choose randoms then'.

I choose not to use ESO+ at various times simply for the benefit of not getting all these long-winded dungeons that called over and over again, whilst a pair of healers is mounting a compaign for one item.
    REQUIREMENTS NOT MET
  • thedocbwarren
    thedocbwarren
    ✭✭✭
    Dumb question, what are these DLC dungeons I'm accepting? Are these outside the plus DLCs?
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Edited by redlink1979 on 5 September 2024 18:30
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why would you feel insulted? Your purchase has allowed you to enjoy the content since the day you purchased. Now there will be more players that can participate in enjoying that content. It doesn't take away from all the time you've spent there to this point and may add to your enjoyment going forward.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • TristanMike
    TristanMike
    Soul Shriven
    I just canceled my subscription over the Fang Dungeon. That "Death Grip" crap is nonsense and utterly destroyed my enjoyment of the game.
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dumb question, what are these DLC dungeons I'm accepting? Are these outside the plus DLCs?

They’re included in eso+. Fang Lair is a Worm Cultist dungeon where you fight necromancers and their raised dead to once more put the dragon Thurvokun’s body to rest. Scalecaller Peak is a Peryite dungeon where you kill trolls and skeevers and once more put Zaan the resident Dragon Priest to rest.
    In terms of PuGgability, Fang Lair is fine. It feels longer than SCP but it doesn't have too much pointless running like LoM, OP, or CoA does. Scalecaller peak has issues on the first boss sometimes but it’s not terrible to get through. It feels a bit shorter than Fang Lair. Each dungeon will probably take 20-30 minutes in a PuG unless something is horribly going wrong.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
    • CP 2000+
    • Warden Healer - Arcanist Healer - Warden Brittleden - Stamarc - Sorc Tank - Necro Tank - Templar Tank - Arcanist Tank

View my builds!
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just canceled my subscription over the Fang Dungeon. That "Death Grip" crap is nonsense and utterly destroyed my enjoyment of the game.

Your sub already included Fang Lair? Also, you can submit a ticket and ask them to remove it from your collections.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They are old dungeons. No, they are included in the plus lineup. All dlc dungeons are included. One is the one with the bone dragon, the other is the one with plague breaker.
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Dungeons are supposed to be done with 4 people, mechanics reflect that.
    • CP 2000+

View my builds!