Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Has something been done about sorc yet or is PvP still unplayable

• Ren_TheRedFox
    Ren_TheRedFox
    ✭✭✭
    @CameraBeardThePirate nahhhhhhh didn't you know they're B tier ... xD
    Heals for days
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I built a meta sorc yesterday. I have maybe 5 hours of PvP experience on a sorc, and was going ~15-0 in almost every BG match. In just 2 hours of playing I got no less than 3 different hate tells from different players, and I was doing nothing other than playing the game. The class is busted. Feels like cheating.

LOL my first day with one, I managed to go 100+ in Cyrodiil before dieing, and that was to another sorc. I've since been killed regularly, more so in large fights; but then go to another class here and there and find out I have gotten mega-lazy. A lot different when I need a full back bar of defenses
  • Vaqual
    Vaqual
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I built a meta sorc yesterday. I have maybe 5 hours of PvP experience on a sorc, and was going ~15-0 in almost every BG match. In just 2 hours of playing I got no less than 3 different hate tells from different players, and I was doing nothing other than playing the game. The class is busted. Feels like cheating.

Not that I enjoy the current sorc balancing, but that sounds like you are still in the fresh char matchmaking pool with that toon. You can go 15-0 there with a bow and a ranged spammable.
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vaqual wrote: »

Not that I enjoy the current sorc balancing, but that sounds like you are still in the fresh char matchmaking pool with that toon. You can go 15-0 there with a bow and a ranged spammable.

I wasn't actually, as I was finding matches with the usual players I see on my high "mmr" toons.

Unfortunately I don't think the BG population is high enough anymore for there to be any definitive MMR pools.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaqual wrote: »

Not to mention, 15-0 in a BG, especially a low matchmaking pool on a fresh character, can entirely be carried by Wrath and kill stealing paired with newer players inability to choose good targets to fight first.
  • Ren_TheRedFox
    Ren_TheRedFox
    ✭✭✭
    @jaws343 sounds like an average sorc, nb and beamplar player to me :D
    Heals for days
  • Bushido2513
    Bushido2513
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Bushido2513 well this is just my opinion on it but if you take the player skill and build out of the picture I think making a mistake on a sorc is less punishing than on a nb cause the shield does not only "save" you for the mistake you made but also heals you. A nightblade gets punished worse in that kind of a situation given the fact that they can be easily put out of stealth and sometimes your burst heal goes to someone else (hate it when that happens) which pretty much ends up getting you killed. Overall though ... both classes are just too strong ... one of them has a crazy amount of crit damage and heals and the other one is too tanky and has an immense damage output for so little health.
    Also, you have to keep in mind both classes have crazy sustain and overpowered skills like “bound aegis” which not only gives you minor resolve and protection, but also the 8% magicka (and those 3 without even casting the skill) and the block mitigation. This skill is the most broken skill I've seen in this game besides hardened ward.... 2 minor buffs and 2 bonuses for practically no cost. The same goes for siphoning attacks. You don't have to cast the skill, but you get 200 Magicka and Stamina and 1250 Health back for literally no cost other than making an easy attack ... and if you need even more resources then you can sacrifice a bit of hp to get ten times more of both back.

Yeah it's definitely an overall of both classes being too strong. The other stuff you mentioned can all be situational. I've had NB make a mistake and then have undeath just carry them till I'm out of juice and they crit heal back up or sit in their path or roll around till cloak is up again.

Sorc is easier to live on in general but I wouldn't say that makes it overall better or even have the edge on nb
  • deadpool3431
    deadpool3431
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing has been done. Magsorc is still the biggest carry in the game atm. Shields are overperforming more they were before they were nerfed the last time.
  • huskandhunger
    huskandhunger
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorc meta 😑
  • IncultaWolf
    IncultaWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This was my experience as well when I tried the max magicka sorcerer with hardened ward last patch. Especially going from necromancer, it definitely feels like I have cheats enabled. The class can do everything with no downsides.
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wardens and NB are now mortal and seem mostly balanced. Once they address Polar Wind and stop handing out free ranged burst proc damage to the stealth class, those will be in a good place. Sorc is still a teleporting battlecruiser that can eat an absolutely absurd amount of hits to the face compared to any other damage dealer.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • Dkrewe
    Dkrewe
    ✭✭✭
    The fact that sorcs can build for sustain and max mana, and then with a shield that is basically another health pool can be spammed while ALSO healing themselves, while ALSO teleporting away, while ALSO having the highest burst damage in the game currently. So balanced.
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was fighting one earlier that got salty I wouldn't fight and just stood in my 'house' on my plar. Didn't have enough DMG to kill me and I knew I was never chasing around/killing a shield spamming, streaking sorc.
  • bladenick
    bladenick
    ✭✭
    Wardens and NB are now mortal and seem mostly balanced. Once they address Polar Wind and stop handing out free ranged burst proc damage to the stealth class, those will be in a good place. Sorc is still a teleporting battlecruiser that can eat an absolutely absurd amount of hits to the face compared to any other damage dealer.

Agreed, immotal hardenward sorc and free safe range proc of NB are major unbalance issues this version