Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Hardened Ward heal making it to live is a mistake and needs to be changed

• xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    All you see now is everyone using “Wield Soul” in any kind of aspect
    This is great though, because there are so many variants of it, unique to various builds, enabling a more diverse meta by filling the gaps in builds that were previously held back from the top tiers. Scribing gives MagSorc in particular a ton more bar flexibility, which is the buff it's really needed for a long time and the right way to do it, not the broken op Ward.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • Ren_TheRedFox
    Ren_TheRedFox
    ✭✭✭
    @xylena_lazarow don't get me wrong, but sorcs already have the best buffs in the game in just a few skills like bound aegis or encase, they don't need more buffs .... to be fair though scribing has made everyone stronger, but sorcs benefit the most from it.
    A few years ago when class identity and player roles mattered, only certain classes could get buffs like vitality or protection etc. Nowadays everyone has all buffs in 2-3 skills and it's just an endless fight.
    Heals for days
  • Jsmalls
    Jsmalls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I kind of want to keep this on the down low, but Sorc Wield Soul (Shock or Physical) with the class mastery is BUSTED after patch 43 (they corrected Sorc passive on shock, buffed the focus 3% and buffed the mastery 6.6%).

I'm getting a spammable with a major debuff (cowardice/defile/breach) that tooltips for 5% less than curse (in my case a 17k tooltip spammable).
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Then it really feels weird to wield soul sorc and turn around and wield soul also on templar or something else for that matter. Just trade frags, streak, and curse for metor, javelin, and beam. Range supremacy has gotten super boring
    Edited by TechMaybeHic on 23 August 2024 21:28
  • Ren_TheRedFox
    Ren_TheRedFox
    ✭✭✭
    @TechMaybeHic that's pretty much all u get these days ... literally loading into BGs with a minimum of 4 sorcs and 4 nightblades and the rest are just anything ... the current meta is just awful ... not gonna lie I don't think that "PvP update" will help ... the game is just dying and adding all the buffs to the busted classes makes it worse but who cares I guess
    Heals for days
  • Afterip
    Afterip
    ✭✭✭
    I have a suggestion. Let the person who reworked blastbones and arctic blast skills now get to work on hardened ward.
  • Ren_TheRedFox
    Ren_TheRedFox
    ✭✭✭
    @Afterip lmao love that idea xD Fully support it xD
    Edited by Ren_TheRedFox on 24 August 2024 01:32
    Heals for days
  • Turtle_Bot
    Turtle_Bot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Afterip wrote: »
    I have a suggestion. Let the person who reworked blastbones and arctic blast skills now get to work on hardened ward.

They did that ~5 years ago when they completely gutted ward into complete uselessness and wanted to destroy it even further with cast times on top of its already unusable state. They only reverted the proposed cast time because it basically deleted sorcerer from the game and the outcry was deafening.

I'd rather ZOS actually listened to, and applied, the constructive feedback being provided in regards to ward (which there has been plenty). Adjust ward so it's in a more balanced state (like it is when you only sit at ~40k mag instead of where it peaks at with 55k+ mag + double vitality), so it's not completely broken, but still remains a good defensive tool.
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

OH BOY we are in for a good time lmaoo
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:
    Static Wave - AD stamsorc

• Ren_TheRedFox
    Ren_TheRedFox
    ✭✭✭
    @Turtle_Bot let's be real here .... they're gonna do what they're always doing .... buff/nerf a skill to the top/ground and revert it later saying "it was over/underperforming so we adjusted it" and all they're doing is basically reverting that skill pretty much to its original state with a little adjustment .... at this point it really just feels like they're trying to "fill" the patch notes with these "changes" but with no intention of actually fixing skills.
    Heals for days
  • IncultaWolf
    IncultaWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This should be interesting :#
  • Tcholl
    Tcholl
    ✭✭✭
    Any thoughts on the Hardened Ward changes everyone? I am curious to read your opinions.
    PC NA - Greyhost
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like that person handled NB cloak, while Ward only got a heal scaling nerf. Sorc is still cracked.
  • Tcholl
    Tcholl
    ✭✭✭
    Tnx for the input @xylena_lazarow. I agree, but the patch at least went in a good direction. Maybe, others have different opinions though.
    PC NA - Greyhost
  • Lucifer9th
    Lucifer9th
    ✭✭✭
    maybe they will add a cap to max ressources for ward in the few iteration of the pts patch to avoid people to abuse stacking so much ressources
  • Vaqual
    Vaqual
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lucifer9th wrote: »
    maybe they will add a cap to max ressources for ward in the few iteration of the pts patch to avoid people to abuse stacking so much ressources

That would be the worst solution. But I feel I argued against that already dozens of pages ago....
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vaqual wrote: »
    That would be the worst solution. But I feel I argued against that already dozens of pages ago....
    Arguing player solutions is still pointless, devs neither care about player solutions nor read them. We can hope the combo of vamp 3 nerf and heal scaling nerf is enough, but it's probably not, barring mass zerging you're still healing out of danger just by mashing your face into the Ward button, in between spamming teleports and long range nukes.
  • taugrim
    taugrim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    StaticWave wrote: »
    I tried to warn guys. Even posted screenshots and arguments too. Now enjoy 3 months of Sorc being broken lol.

Actually over 7 months now, by the time U44 goes live.

Sad, sad, sad balancing (or lack thereof).

Some players pointed out recently that the dev who presented the U44 PVP changes plays a healing sorceror. Devs should be balancing classes and abilities based on what's good for the game, not their preferred playstyle.
    Looks like that person handled NB cloak, while Ward only got a heal scaling nerf. Sorc is still cracked.

Healing Ward getting a 33% nerf to the healing is not enough IMO.

Even with the healing nerf the ability still provides both high scaling of the damage shield and meaningful healing. Pick one. That's balance. But don't have it still doing both.
    PC | NA | CP 2.3k
    • Active: Dark Elf Stamina Templar | Dark Elf Stamina Arcanist | Dark Elf Stamina Necromancer
    • Inactive: Nord Stamina Warden | Orc Stamina Sorceror | Nord Stamina Nightblade | Nord Stamina Dragonknight
    BUILDS ADDONS AUTHORED GUILDS:
    • Ankle Biters | Legends Syndicate (PVP) | Moonlit Shenanigans | Song of Broken Pines (PVP) | Ulfhednar (PVP)
  • Tcholl
    Tcholl
    ✭✭✭
    I have the impression this was just an emergency nerf due to the large number of complainments, while they deal with cloak. They have tackle NBs now and Sorc is probably next. I might be wrong though.
    PC NA - Greyhost
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The 5% nerf almost changes nothing for builds with 50k+ max mag

At 50k max mag, the heal tooltip is 7500 on the live server, and 5000 on the PTS. With Battle Spirit, that’s a 3375 heal on the live server and 2250 on the PTS. The difference is only 1125 heal, which is negligible.

The issue is magsorcs with 50k+ mag will have around 13k+ shields. You would need to go through that shield first before you can chip away at their HP. Even if magsorcs lose 1125 heal from PTS Ward, all they gotta do is cast Ward 2-3 times and heal back to full (especially if some of them crit heal).

Unfortunately as long as the heal stays a burst heal, you can’t really adjust high max mag builds without screwing over lower max mag builds. Converting it to a HoT would be a better idea. With that 7500 tooltip spread out over 4 seconds, magsorcs would be healed for 1875 tooltip every second. That’s a 843 heal tick which is decent enough but not broken.
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:
    Static Wave - AD stamsorc

• Tcholl
    Tcholl
    ✭✭✭
    well noted @StaticWave
    PC NA - Greyhost
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't think the heal matters that much. Its the scaling that does. If you stack mag enough to get a good heal, you still have a massive shield and don't notice the heal being reduced that much. If you don't stack it that high, you are not really getting that much advantage anyway.

Really; I am playing sorc because it has the survivability of the shield now and reliable ranged damage without procs while melee is just painful in this current meta. Im bored by it, but at least Im not frustrated by as many pulls in melee or just getting nuked in the back by tarnished and other ranged nukes with a reach disadvantage