The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Best healing skill

yadibroz
yadibroz
✭✭✭
Is Energy Orb the best heal and less magical cost where it heal everyone but also all class can use it and especially best part about it have overtime healing so is it the best or no?
As example sorceress and templar have a good healing skill but not overtime and cost more which suck.
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure orb is the best at healing, no one really uses it as a heal. It is very important for the synergy though. What the best healing skill is depends on the parameters I guess. Warden trees is a pretty strong heal but it's an ult and generally not used. I guess maybe combat prayer for it being THE burst heal. Has buffs attached and hits multiple people. Just feels kinda slow to use but it's the one people spam in heal-heavy situations.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
    Options
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Combat prayer is most universal, gives both armor and damage buff in aoe, but if we speak strictly about healing output, Arc's Remedy Cascade and NB's Healthy Offering provide the strongest non-hp based healing in the game while being the cheapest to cast.
    Energy Orb doesn't have that much heal output by itself, but if everyone synergize then the synergy heal stack up quick. At base, heal over time is lower than Illustrous Healing resto skill.
    Options
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess it depends on what sort of heal you are looking for. All classes have access to the restoration staff skill line, but you need a restoration staff to cast them. Vigor in the assault line is available to everyone, but it is a stamina-based skill.
    PS5/NA
    Options
  • Zodiarkslayer
    Zodiarkslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Totally depends on what type of gameplay you are into. Group play, and you want to heal your group mates? Or SOLO play and you want to heal yourself. And the class you play, ofc. Always the class.

If you are in a group as a healer, you will be expected to not only run the "best heal". But a lot of heals that have a lot of buffs attached to it. Obviously using a Restoration Staff frontbar. Healing can be quite complex in ESO.

In SOLO ESO, there is always the question what your class can do healing wise and how it synergises with the rest of your build.
    You simply cannot turn off your brain and use one skill for everything. 😉

Most classes will give you buffs if you slot class heals instead of Orbs or Vigor. Also, you definitely do not want to make SOLO combat with a Restoration Staff. That's outright stupid. 🤦‍♂️

Templar has so much passive healing in its class abilities, that I have never needed to slot a burst heal. It's a waste of bar space.

Arcanist gets 4 buffs from using Zone and the beam shield gets stronger too, if slotted frontbar. That is a huge benefit.

On the other side of the spectrum Necro has very bad class healing, because the abilities eat up your corpse mechanics, leaving nothing for your damge abilities. So using only the burst heal in the time of greatest need is the best way for MagCro. However, StamCro can make use of several weapon abilities to auto heal while doing damage. So they do not need to do that.

Sorcerers have Crit Surge for auto healing, but need to have a build that utilises that. Because it does nothing, if you have only 25% crit chance and two abilities that count for it. Their summoned pets do not count towards crit surge.

The list goes on. And there is never a best option for everything in ESO. The way combat is set up, that is simply never going to happen. 😊
    read, think and write.In that order.
    Options
  • yadibroz
    yadibroz
    ✭✭✭
    Soarora wrote: »
    I'm not sure orb is the best at healing, no one really uses it as a heal. It is very important for the synergy though. What the best healing skill is depends on the parameters I guess. Warden trees is a pretty strong heal but it's an ult and generally not used. I guess maybe combat prayer for it being THE burst heal. Has buffs attached and hits multiple people. Just feels kinda slow to use but it's the one people spam in heal-heavy situations.

Templar healing tree is cost too expensive and no overtime healing and warden tree is not good neither, for warden i choose polar wind because yes it cost a lot but heal good and overtime and I'm looking for each character class in their build to have a executed and a overtime healing and a ground and a effect and single hit skills so those 5 skill abilities are what im getting all my classes to have.
    Options
  • yadibroz
    yadibroz
    ✭✭✭
    Totally depends on what type of gameplay you are into. Group play, and you want to heal your group mates? Or SOLO play and you want to heal yourself. And the class you play, ofc. Always the class.

If you are in a group as a healer, you will be expected to not only run the "best heal". But a lot of heals that have a lot of buffs attached to it. Obviously using a Restoration Staff frontbar. Healing can be quite complex in ESO.

In SOLO ESO, there is always the question what your class can do healing wise and how it synergises with the rest of your build.
    You simply cannot turn off your brain and use one skill for everything. 😉

Most classes will give you buffs if you slot class heals instead of Orbs or Vigor. Also, you definitely do not want to make SOLO combat with a Restoration Staff. That's outright stupid. 🤦‍♂️

Templar has so much passive healing in its class abilities, that I have never needed to slot a burst heal. It's a waste of bar space.

Arcanist gets 4 buffs from using Zone and the beam shield gets stronger too, if slotted frontbar. That is a huge benefit.

On the other side of the spectrum Necro has very bad class healing, because the abilities eat up your corpse mechanics, leaving nothing for your damge abilities. So using only the burst heal in the time of greatest need is the best way for MagCro. However, StamCro can make use of several weapon abilities to auto heal while doing damage. So they do not need to do that.

Sorcerers have Crit Surge for auto healing, but need to have a build that utilises that. Because it does nothing, if you have only 25% crit chance and two abilities that count for it. Their summoned pets do not count towards crit surge.

The list goes on. And there is never a best option for everything in ESO. The way combat is set up, that is simply never going to happen. 😊

Critical surge suck especially when come with pve and pvp where you are dying and need heal fast than attack and im working on each character class in their build to have a executed and a overtime healing and a ground and a effect and single hit skills so those 5 skill abilities are what im getting all my classes to have.
    Options
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    yadibroz wrote: »
    Soarora wrote: »

Templar healing tree is cost too expensive and no overtime healing and warden tree is not good neither, for warden i choose polar wind because yes it cost a lot but heal good and overtime and I'm looking for each character class in their build to have a executed and a overtime healing and a ground and a effect and single hit skills so those 5 skill abilities are what im getting all my classes to have.

I didn’t mention any templar skill, combat prayer is a resto staff skill. For setting up healers I go (not in this order): restro aoe, radiating regen, class healing aoe, combat prayer, orb, then whatever buffs/debuffs are unique to that class. Echoing vigor if I need more healing or I can get close enough to people I don’t need radiating.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
    Options
  • M0ntie
    M0ntie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What do you mean by Templars have no HoT?? Templars have extended ritual as a hot.
    Options
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like Vigor on my mages to help balance out resource use since it is a stam skill. I also like that it is a 'sticky' HoT with a decent duration and radius that also covers my tank companion.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
    Options
  • BXR_Lonestar
    BXR_Lonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TBH this really depends on what your looking for. Are you looking for best burst heal or are you looking for sustained healing over time?

Healing paradigm in ESO is more about layering heals and maintaining buffs rather than relying on just a single heal. This is most useful when you are healing in groups (Trials/dungeons). If you are looking for heals in something like Endless Archive, sticky HOTS (radiating regen + vigor) plus a single burst heal (depends on class) is probably the best combo, but it also takes up precious bar space.
    Options
  • Billium813
    Billium813
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, Templar has a whole Skill tree for healing and 3/5 of them are pretty useless. Rune Focus is good, but it's gotten focused buffs. Cleansing Ritual is ok, good synergy and heals as long as everyone can stay in the area. Everything else though is really trash, including the Ultimate. Templar's best heal would be a tie between Rune Focus and Living Dark IMO

As far as universally the "best heal", I would say it's a tie between Vigor and Combat Prayer. Both of the morphs for Vigor are very strong. Echoing Vigor because of its huge stacking capabilities and Resolving Vigor because of Minor Resolve and PvP. Combat Prayer is THE burst heal for PvE though. Big AOE heal, Minor Berserk and Minor Resolve; it just does everything you want in 1 heal skill! Both PvP and PvE would be very different places without these two...

Orb gets an honorary mention but isn't really known for its heal. Very ubiquitous tho.
    Edited by Billium813 on 15 December 2023 19:51
    Options
  • MindOfTheSwarm
    MindOfTheSwarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone knows that mushrooms have proven medicinal qualities. Warden’s provide.
    Options