Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Extended ritual bug

Syiccal
Syiccal
✭✭✭✭✭
So I have noticed today in a bg that my EX was not cleansing anything, I must have spammed 3 or 4 in a row and all negative effects remained.
Anyone else noticing this?
Xbox eu
  • Billium813
    Billium813
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syiccal wrote: »
    So I have noticed today in a bg that my EX was not cleansing anything, I must have spammed 3 or 4 in a row and all negative effects remained.
    Anyone else noticing this?
    Xbox eu
    Exalt in the sacred light of the Aedra, cleansing up to 5 harmful effects from yourself immediately and healing you and nearby allies for 2568 Health every 2 seconds for 30 seconds. Allies in the area can activate the Purify synergy, cleansing all harmful effects from themselves and healing for 5813 Health

Just to clarify, Extended Ritual only cleanses 5 "harmful effects" per cast. The synergy removes all "harmful effects" from the ally, but the caster only removes 5. "harmful effects" can mean a lot of things: stuns, snares, dots, status effects, debuffs. Its only worth noting so that anyone trying to reproduce needs to count all harmful effects to make sure it is in fact doing no purges.

That being said, I have noticed some behavior like this in PvE as well and have meant to capture it to post as a bug myself. However, it's an intermittent failure and difficult to capture. There's just a lot of moving pieces to verify that it just happened and it wasn't just lag. I will also say that this type of bug is rather insidious. It's likely that a player would not notice this issue, or just chalk it up to lag.

I have no idea why it happens, but the behavior is as OP describes. You cast Extended Ritual, no harmful effects are removed. You recast immediately and still nothing seems to be removed. Usually, it's more evident when you have a snare or immobilize. I'll quickly look at my active debuffs, cast Extended Ritual, still be snared and no debuffs removed. Immediately recast Extended Ritual, still be snared and no debuffs removed. Then, Ill dodge roll or bar swap, recast Extended Ritual and it starts working again. It's rather annoying given the high cost to cast Extended Ritual.
    Options
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a clip il need to share showing me spamming it and my negative effects stay the duration, I've mained a plar for years and this is the first time I've noticed this bug
    Options
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some PVE effects cannot be cleansed.
    Options
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some PVE effects cannot be cleansed.

I should have said this was during a BG. I was noticing nothing being removed so I got to a point where I spammed it 3 or 4 times watching my effects bar and nothing was removed,
    Options
  • SandandStars
    SandandStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sounds akin to many recent complaints of skills appearing to engage, but simply not firing.

i’ve had this happen with different skills, ultimates, and even a potion, that registered the drinking sound, but did not restore any resources.

it’s looking like a pretty widespread, insidious bug indeed.
    Options