Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

"Common Counter, Island Stall" item is broken completelly

Trundik
Trundik
✭✭✭
Common Counter, Island Stall is furniture item. It supposed to look like that:
150px-ON-furnishing-Common_Counter%2C_Island_Stall.jpg
but from another side it looks like this crap:
onjdqvhpqmyg.jpg
I need this item to simulate a wall of certain size. This is the only item, that fits. Fix it please.
  • Trundik
    Trundik
    ✭✭✭
    A month has passed. Still not fixed.

• FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Trundik wrote: »
    onjdqvhpqmyg.jpg
    I need this item to simulate a wall of certain size. This is the only item, that fits. Fix it please.

Wasn't it "half off" at some point!
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Trundik
    Trundik
    ✭✭✭
    Still not fixed.

game-of-thrones-shame.gif
  • Billium813
    Billium813
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, individual furnishing bugs are probably low on their todo lists. They are busy with Necrom and Arcanist fixes probably for the next couple months
  • Trundik
    Trundik
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds wrong to me. They can work to keep the boat afloat, when there is a hole in bottom, rather than upgrading its sails. If their only intention is to sell something new, then customers can be sure that they receive same behavior with new bugs, as it is with old bugs. Maybe they should hire some additional developer to fix bugs? I don't know, but I know that I reported this bug 2 months a go. We will have housing competition in guild in two weeks. If that look won't be fixed, I will loose 6 slots for duplicates and will be forced to dismount one installation to have that slots. Then I won't pay for eso plus ever again. I have been playing this game for 2 years. And that counter is far more important to me than Necrom and Arcanist together lol. I'm customer too. I don't want to be threaten as road dust after I bought their old game.
    Edited by Trundik on 18 June 2023 20:37
  • Billium813
    Billium813
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds wrong to me. They can work to keep the boat afloat, when there is a hole in bottom, rather than upgrading its sails. If their only intention is to sell something new, then customers can be sure that they receive same behavior with new bugs, as it is with old bugs. Maybe they should hire some additional developer to fix bugs? I don't know, but I know that I reported this bug 2 months a go. We will have housing competition in guild in two weeks. If that look won't be fixed, I will loose 6 slots for duplicates and will be forced to dismount one installation to have that slots. Then I won't pay for eso plus ever again. I have been playing this game for 2 years. And that counter is far more important to me than Necrom and Arcanist together lol.

Amen. I have a list on my computer of 100 minor bugs they need to fix, but probably won't because there are more important bugs. And they create more and more bugs that they then need to fix, each and every release.
  • Trundik
    Trundik
    ✭✭✭
    Billium813 wrote: »
    Sounds wrong to me. They can work to keep the boat afloat, when there is a hole in bottom, rather than upgrading its sails. If their only intention is to sell something new, then customers can be sure that they receive same behavior with new bugs, as it is with old bugs. Maybe they should hire some additional developer to fix bugs? I don't know, but I know that I reported this bug 2 months a go. We will have housing competition in guild in two weeks. If that look won't be fixed, I will loose 6 slots for duplicates and will be forced to dismount one installation to have that slots. Then I won't pay for eso plus ever again. I have been playing this game for 2 years. And that counter is far more important to me than Necrom and Arcanist together lol.

Amen. I have a list on my computer of 100 minor bugs they need to fix, but probably won't because there are more important bugs. And they create more and more bugs that they then need to fix, each and every release.

[snip] I don't want to believe in that so I'l wait two more weeks to check if thats true. If it is, then they won't get any money from me anymore.

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on 2 September 2023 11:09
  • Trundik
    Trundik
    ✭✭✭
    still not fixed
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That item has been "broken" like that since it first released....

There are many. many furnishings that are the same, solid from the top, incomplete from underneath!!
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just had a quick look through my collection of counters....... if you can work with the planks going maybe in a different direction, then the furnishing "Orcish Bar, Long Block" x 2 is almost exactly the same size as 3 x "Common Counter, Island Stall" when put side by side and it is 100% solid from every angle! :)
  • Trundik
    Trundik
    ✭✭✭
    I made a ship, and there is tight space everywhere, not enough wide to use more than 1 counter size item
    Edited by Trundik on 1 September 2023 20:46
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ok I also built a ship and in the tighter areas I used the smaller orcish counters, iirc two of those are totally solid and one has the same issues as your one, they are however a lot smaller I think. :(

Just one more thought, wasn't a build of mine but way back I remember a person that built a ship using bookcases, Breton ones if I remember correctly. :)

My effort at a ship!

Screenshot-20230122-164432-2.png
    Edited by freespirit on 1 September 2023 22:37
  • Trundik
    Trundik
    ✭✭✭
    0d8g5hp1vsjg.jpg

This is mine.

And here is counters:
    F5AJV_WXMAASS43?format=jpg&name=900x900

There is more of them in another parts of th ship.
    Edited by Trundik on 2 September 2023 07:04
  • davidtk
    davidtk
    ✭✭✭✭
    onjdqvhpqmyg.jpg

Maybe they just wanted to save some polygons on that model (I used to do it the same way when I made models for another game... Fewer polygons = less demand on performance), so you are supposed to use that counter on the floor not as wall or something. More furnishing is transparent from the bottom.
    Or maybe somebody just didn't anticipate that somebody would use the furniture in a different way. That's why there's no texture underneath. Maybe.

And no offense, I understand that (I'm also annoyed by a few errors in other furniture), but honestly, there are still more important things in the game than fixing old furniture.
    Edited by davidtk on 2 September 2023 10:16
    Really sorry for my english
  • athena9205
    athena9205
    ✭✭✭
    early game models of furniture often had missing sides. This can be good in some clever builds but like your can be annoying. see if there is something else that you can use, or see if you can cover that missing side with another item.
  • Trundik
    Trundik
    ✭✭✭
    I already cover it with itself, but it worth - 6 slots in total.
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It is unfortunate but it is highly unlikely they are going to spend any time fixing the furniture items that have this issue as I said in an earlier post there are many items that are like this and have been for the longest time.

You need to look for a replacement or alter your design slightly, I have lost count of the times I have had to do this, it is an unfortunate stuation that can happen often in ESO housing. There have been occasions I have lost half or more of a build just because I've ended up with a space that I just cannot find anything that will fit and fill it! 🙁
  • Trundik
    Trundik
    ✭✭✭
    "Unfortunate situation" should be writen on board over entrance to their ofice.

I bought Cthulhu statue to my spire also and it have bad textures. For a moment that item is for crowns (real money) and even that kind of item is broken. Now they forbid gifting, causing butthurt to me, bc I won't get dragon statues this month. This is what I call low quality service. Like anything they touch turns bad.