The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The Sorcerer changes are completely inadequate

• axi
    axi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nuttytom wrote: »
    axi wrote: »
    jaws343 wrote: »
    ForumBully wrote: »
    ForumBully wrote: »
    I don't consider buffs to others to be nerfs to anything.

streak was the ONLY reason to play sorcerer.
    sorc is the rarest and the weakest class in the game, after the patch there will be no more sorcs.
    ofc, unless ZoS decide to buff it to be on the same level as other classes (for example +20% damage while holding lightning staff, major berserk on streak, major protection and major evasion on dark conversion, invulnerable pets and major+minor breach on haunting curse - this would be enough to place sorcerer #4 or even #3 in pvp class tier list)

I'm not debating the weak state of magsorc, its terrible. But, I don't consider buffs elsewhere to be nerfs to sorcs.

They kind of are nerfs to sorcs when the uniqueness of sorc skills are made available to everyone. It further pushes sorc behind the other classes, who can now do the same thing with none of the drawbacks and all of the existing strengths of their classes. It's an effective nerf.

Nothing was killed. Mist is nothing like a streak.

Did you read the patch notes? Mistform was reworked to be a teleport. It is, in fact, better than Ball of Lightning because it doesn't have the cooldown on projectile absorption and you get better secondary effects, in addition to being a ground-cast target so you can actually go where you want to go rather than Streak/Ball's only-forward fixed range teleport.

Did You log on PTS to see how it works? I did.

ZoS is known for using misleading words in their patch notes. In the game ability is actually described as a "dash" and works nothing like a streak. I edited one of my posts above to describe how mist works.

it is like streak tho lol. it has the same range but also costs LESS + has the extras to come with it like projectile absorb + healing or major evasion + expedition.

only difference is that mist is slightly slower

It's not tho lol.

It's not teleporting You the way streak does You are just moving normally while in cloud the only difference with current live version of mist is that You can dodge and sprint while in 1 second cloud animation but You cannot jump. it's not "slightly" slower, it's just basically 1 second/15 meters, 3 projectile absorbing skill with an animatioin of a clould. There is no unique mobility capabilities in it.
    Edited by axi on 30 January 2023 20:22
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It's not teleporting You the way streak does You are just moving normally while in cloud the only difference with current live version of mist is that You can dodge and sprint while in 1 second cloud animation but You cannot jump.

I'm sorry, but you are completely wrong here.
  • axi
    axi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not teleporting You the way streak does You are just moving normally while in cloud the only difference with current live version of mist is that You can dodge and sprint while in 1 second cloud animation but You cannot jump.

I'm sorry, but you are completely wrong here.

How am I wrong here excatly?
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just saw a video of it in action in another thread.
    Yeah, you just briskly move forward a bit, no teleporting.
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • Glantir
    Glantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    I expectet at least that they change daedric Prey into a DoT, for accessabilty reasons.

But even that didnt happen :'(
    Glantir Sorcerer ~ Ebonheart Pact (EU)
  • AdamLAD
    AdamLAD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right in the patch notes it describes conjured morph getting a 10% buff. That's OUR base unmorphed ability. Then Hardened is getting an further 7% increase. So that's a 17% buff?
  • RemoryAzure
    RemoryAzure
    ✭✭✭

watching it on stream rn, i can clearly see that its like 10 times better than streak with the only downside that mistform takes ~20% more time which isnt noticeable at all (~0.75s full length mist form against ~0.6 sec for streak with its animation lock), and also the most important thing here is that both are happening faster than standard GCD, which makes them equal in speed
    Edited by RemoryAzure on 30 January 2023 20:41
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    AdamLAD wrote: »
    Right in the patch notes it describes conjured morph getting a 10% buff. That's OUR base unmorphed ability. Then Hardened is getting an further 7% increase. So that's a 17% buff?

Which gets cut in half in PVP. It is literally nothing. Shields are still completely useless, and still don't scale off the stats we actually need them to scale off of (the same stats that every other class's defensive abilities scale off of)
  • ForumBully
    ForumBully
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Which gets cut in half in PVP. It is literally nothing. Shields are still completely useless, and still don't scale off the stats we actually need them to scale off of (the same stats that every other class's defensive abilities scale off of)

I don't play a lot anymore, but I still found shields to be decent, I just don't like that I have to go full Magicka to make them this way. Damage lags way behind stacking resources to have any hope of defense. And a shield buff of any size doesn't fix that
    Edited by ForumBully on 30 January 2023 20:59
  • AdamLAD
    AdamLAD
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh no I agree it's still not good enough no where near. But it's better than 7% xD
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

An 8.6k shield in PvP now becomes a 10k shield. Isn't this good?

Edited by SkaraMinoc on 30 January 2023 21:11
    PC NA
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The longer I think about this, the madder I get.

Giving DK - the best class in the game - a huge buff, while the major issues with Sorc get completely swept under the rug again.
  • The_Titan_Tim
    The_Titan_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edit: Was a misread, Infused is great still.
    Edited by The_Titan_Tim on 30 January 2023 21:49
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’m going to one-up you. They didn’t buff Sorcerer they actually nerfed it.

Infused now does half the value as Bloodthirsty with damage glyphs even at 90% health…

Sorcerers have a unique passive called Amplitude.
    What this passive does is it increases your damage done against enemies by 1% for every 10% current Health they have.

Bloodthirsty just killed Infused, a trait that used to remain passive allowing for more damage than Bloodthirsty while attacking targets at max health, and less at targets in execute.

Bloodthirsty provides zero benefit until your target is at 90% health.

This change completely gutted Sorcerer’s opening burst, as the forced trait change is completely in contradiction to that passive.

Huh? The only change on Bloodthirsty was to the scaling with item quality (i.e. green/purple/gold).
  • axi
    axi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

watching it on stream rn, i can clearly see that its like 10 times better than streak with the only downside that mistform takes ~20% more time which isnt noticeable at all (~0.75s full length mist form against ~0.6 sec for streak with its animation lock), and also the most important thing here is that both are happening faster than standard GCD, which makes them equal in speed

So what mobility adventages mist form actually have? Because streak is first and foremost a mobility tool. And if You think the time difference is only around 20% than You really didn't watch streams carefully.
  • axi
    axi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After further investigating I can confirm that this ability indeed have a teleport option however it requires to use it once again while in mist form already which means it will cost the user 2x resources and 2x time to effectively teleport.

Streak is still the king of mobility and control.
    Edited by axi on 30 January 2023 21:55
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

So what mobility adventages mist form actually have? Because streak is first and foremost a mobility tool. And if You think the time difference is only around 20% than You really didn't watch streams carefully.

As I've said, Streak locks you into a fixed range that only moves in the direction that your character model is facing - this is a important for dealing with Root CCs where you can't change the direction you're facing - with a Sorcerer your direction and distance is completely predicable. The new Mistform lets you go any direction any (within the range) distance. It is MUCH more flexible.
    Edited by acastanza_ESO on 30 January 2023 21:42
  • The_Titan_Tim
    The_Titan_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Infused now does half the value as Bloodthirsty with damage glyphs even at 90% health…

What this passive does is it increases your damage done against enemies by 1% for every 10% current Health they have.

Bloodthirsty just killed Infused, a trait that used to remain passive allowing for more damage than Bloodthirsty while attacking targets at max health, and less at targets in execute.

This change completely gutted Sorcerer’s opening burst, as the forced trait change is completely in contradiction to that passive.

Huh? The only change on Bloodthirsty was to the scaling with item quality (i.e. green/purple/gold).

Have you tested this? The wording makes it sound like it’s base damage at 90% is now 210.
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    After further investigating I can confirm that this ability indeed have a teleport option however it requires to use it once again while in mist form already which means it will cost the used 2x resources and 2x time to effectively teleport. And You need 2 usages for every teleport so basically to teleport 2 times You need 4 ability casts each with ramping cost.

Streak is still the king of mobility and control.

No? This isn't how it works. There is no different second-cast function.
    Edited by acastanza_ESO on 30 January 2023 21:43
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Have you tested this? The wording makes it sound like it’s base damage at 90% is now 210.

Yeah, its just a misreading of the patch notes. They're just trying to close the gap on Golding out jewelry for PVE.
  • The_Titan_Tim
    The_Titan_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, it’s just a misreading of the patch notes. They're just trying to close the gap on Golding out jewelry for PVE.

Well, that saves me 1000+ transmutes.
    Literally every character I run in PvP has Infused.
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As I've said, Streak locks you into a fixed range that only moves in the direction that your character model is facing - this is a important for dealing with Root CCs where you can't change the direction you're facing - with a Sorcerer your direction and distance is completely predicable. The new Mistform lets you go any direction any (within the range) distance. It is MUCH more flexible.

if u bash or lightattack or anything that modifies ur character facing, while rooted, u will streak in the direction u changed ur facing to, while rooted
    there's some more info in youtube about characters facing, even i have one
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • The_Titan_Tim
    The_Titan_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone tested the Health scaled Ward? Is it better than Bone Shield?
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sergykid wrote: »

if u bash or lightattack or anything that modifies ur character facing, while rooted, u will streak in the direction u changed ur facing to, while rooted
    there's some more info in youtube about characters facing, even i have one

Yeah, that is true, but it still gives a tell which direction you're going to go, and is another action you have to take while you're locked down and being actively murdered.
  • axi
    axi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You know camera movement and movement keys exist right? If You want to move in "any" direction while using mist than You wont get teleport and when You want to teleport it's still a quick teleport in one direction.

For a mobility streak will still be a king mist does not come close since it have lots of mini rules to work like ground AoE targeting or double clicks.

Funnily enough streak+mist makes some interresting combo. Both make each other more effective.
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You know camera movement and movement keys exist right? If You want to move in "any" direction while using mist than You wont get teleport and when You want to teleport it's still a quick teleport in one direction.

For a mobility streak will still be a king mist does not come close since it have lots of mini rules to work like ground AoE targeting or double clicks.

Funnily enough streak+mist makes some interresting combo. Both make each other more effective.

Once again, untrue. Mistform's teleport can be placed in any location within the range just by pointing the target there. Streak you have to physically turn your character model and you always go the exact same distance. I don't understand why you're being so insistent that these changes aren't exactly what they clearly are. The "double click" "issue" is completely removed by the extremely common base-game setting for automatically casting ground targeted abilities. It is not a real drawback to the mistform teleport.
    Edited by acastanza_ESO on 30 January 2023 22:18
  • axi
    axi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Once again, untrue. Mistform's teleport can be placed in any location within the range just by pointing the target there. Streak you have to physically turn your character model and you always go the exact same distance. I don't understand why you're being so insistent that these changes aren't exactly what they clearly are. The "double click" "issue" is completely removed by the extremely common base-game setting for automatically casting ground targeted abilities. It is not a real drawback to the mistform teleport.

And what You need to do to place said placements in any location? Turn Your camera and "aim" at the location You want to travel to. Which is excatly what You will do to teleport with streak in desired direction. When You use streak it teleports You wherever You point at excatly like mist since it rerquires atrgeting. Just check it out turn around Your camera while chartatcer isd still facing different direction and use streak. Your character will automatically turn around and streak. Instant cast ground AoE abilities option actually makes this ability more cluncky for some reason and when i said about double click I mean You need 2 casts of mist or 1 cast of something else and than cast of mist to get teleport on each cast. Atleast this is how mist works for me and for some other people on PTS so there are some inconsistencies with the ability itself.
    Edited by axi on 30 January 2023 23:44
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

And what You need to do to place said placements in any location? Turn Your camera. Which is excatly what You will do to telepirt with streak in desired direction. When You use streak it teleports You wherever You point at excatly like mist since it rerquires atrgeting. Instant cast ground AoE abilities option actually makes this ability more cluncky for some reason and when i said about double click I mean You need 2 casts of mist or 1 cast of something else and than cast of mist to get teleport on each cast. Atleast this is how mist works for me and for some other people on PTS.

One more thing that is not true. You do NOT streak whichever direction your camera is pointing, you Streak whichever direction your character model is pointing. This difference does matter.
    Also, you keep insisting you need two casts of Mistform, or another cast of something else, this is simply wrong. Please just stop.
    Edited by acastanza_ESO on 30 January 2023 23:44
  • AdamLAD
    AdamLAD
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And what You need to do to place said placements in any location? Turn Your camera and "aim" at the location You want to travel to. Which is excatly what You will do to teleport with streak in desired direction. When You use streak it teleports You wherever You point at excatly like mist since it rerquires atrgeting. Just check it out turn around Your camera while chartatcer isd still facing different direction and use streak. Your character will automatically turn around and streak. Instant cast ground AoE abilities option actually makes this ability more cluncky for some reason and when i said about double click I mean You need 2 casts of mist or 1 cast of something else and than cast of mist to get teleport on each cast. Atleast this is how mist works for me and for some other people on PTS so there are some inconsistencies with the ability itself.

Streak does not go in the direction of the camera. If your player is facing North but camera south it will streak north.
  • AdamLAD
    AdamLAD
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And what You need to do to place said placements in any location? Turn Your camera. Which is excatly what You will do to telepirt with streak in desired direction. When You use streak it teleports You wherever You point at excatly like mist since it rerquires atrgeting. Instant cast ground AoE abilities option actually makes this ability more cluncky for some reason and when i said about double click I mean You need 2 casts of mist or 1 cast of something else and than cast of mist to get teleport on each cast. Atleast this is how mist works for me and for some other people on PTS.

One more thing that is not true. You do NOT streak whichever direction your camera is pointing, you Streak whichever direction your character model is pointing. This difference does matter.
    Also, you keep insisting you need two casts of Mistform, or another cast of something else, this is simply wrong. Please just stop.

Just seen deltias video. U are also correct on this matter of mistform
    Edited by AdamLAD on 30 January 2023 23:56