The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The Sorcerer changes are completely inadequate

acastanza_ESO
acastanza_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
We've been asking over and over for specific, targeted changes to Sorcerers defensive toolkit, and access to debuffs that would improve its viability in PVP.
We got a pitiful 10% buff to one shield. And Health?!?!?! Scaling.
This isn't it ZOS. This isn't it.
We've given you innumerable suggestions for fixes. Try again.

Edit: You're also making Mistform "Streak, but better!". Better CC protection, better secondary effects. Come on. You're leaving us with literally nothing.

Edit 2: AND you give DKs access to another in-class offensive buff, while Sorcerer's have zero access to offensive buffs or offensive debuffs. WHY?!

Edit 3: New Mist Form also does still proc the Vamp "Strike From the Shadows" passive, so 300 W/S Damage on top of everything else. Come on ZOS. Come on.
Edited by acastanza_ESO on 30 January 2023 23:47
  • Glantir
    Glantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Say you hate Magsorc without saying you hate Magsorc.....
    Glantir Sorcerer ~ Ebonheart Pact (EU)
  • RemoryAzure
    RemoryAzure
    ✭✭✭
    its time to just delete sorc already. or the game tho. entire class is dead now with this change
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its time to just delete sorc already. or the game tho. entire class is dead now with this change

I mean atleast you get the sorc class identity now on every class with mistform being a streak equivalent :)
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• AdamLAD
    AdamLAD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The health cap raise IS ABSOLUTELY POINTLESS. NO ONE HITS THE CAP ANYWAYS in PvP. 7% buff on one ward ? Is that it ? We have the worst passives in the entire game. We have access to the least amount of buffs. We still scale from max magicka unless you have more health than magicka. Wards cost so much. Reduce the cost of them SIGNIFICANTLY. 7% is absolutely no where near good enough. We are lacking in so many areas and we get a 7% buff to one ability.
  • ForumBully
    ForumBully
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not enough, for sure, but it wasn't a nerf...so that's something
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From my first read through, my 16.2k shield will now be 19.4k. All with bastion, 45k mag, and 27k health. An extra 3k on the shield isn't going to do much.

The one decent change I see is for Wrath. That could be crazy powerful against grouped up enemies. Basically a full AOE execute.

Mist form changes look interesting. But not sure I'd switch to it, even for the mitigation, and lose our on the only ok stun available for sorc.
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hush. You will eat your AoE execute before it gets cold, or you will have nothing.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • RemoryAzure
    RemoryAzure
    ✭✭✭
    ForumBully wrote: »

every class now has a streak while sorc got no buffs. this is a nerf to the ground
  • ForumBully
    ForumBully
    ✭✭✭✭✭

every class now has a streak while sorc got no buffs. this is a nerf to the ground

I don't consider buffs to others to be nerfs to anything.
  • AndreNoir
    AndreNoir
    ✭✭✭

Edit: You're also making Mistform "Streak, but better!". Better CC protection, better secondary effects. Come on. You're leaving us with literally nothing.

As sorcs says in such themes: "You can use it too !"
  • Melzo
    Melzo
    ✭✭✭✭

Tell that to my necromancer...
  • ForumBully
    ForumBully
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So...you've renamed this morph with another name I don't understand? What exactly is being regenerated?

" Regenerative Ward: Renamed this morph to prevent confusion with the buff type."
    Edited by ForumBully on 30 January 2023 19:23
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So...you've renamed this morph with another name I don't understand? What exactly is being regenerated?

" Regenerative Ward: Renamed this morph to prevent confusion with the buff type."

Empowered Ward currently gives mag and stam recovery. So Regenerative is definitely more fitting a name than empowered, which the skill does not provide the buff for.
  • RemoryAzure
    RemoryAzure
    ✭✭✭

streak was the ONLY reason to play sorcerer.
    sorc is the rarest and the weakest class in the game, after the patch there will be no more sorcs.
    ofc, unless ZoS decide to buff it to be on the same level as other classes (for example +20% damage while holding lightning staff, major berserk on streak, major protection and major evasion on dark conversion, invulnerable pets and major+minor breach on haunting curse - this would be enough to place sorcerer #4 or even #3 in pvp class tier list)
  • ForumBully
    ForumBully
    ✭✭✭✭✭

sorc is the rarest and the weakest class in the game, after the patch there will be no more sorcs.
    ofc, unless ZoS decide to buff it to be on the same level as other classes (for example +20% damage while holding lightning staff, major berserk on streak, major protection and major evasion on dark conversion, invulnerable pets and major+minor breach on haunting curse - this would be enough to place sorcerer #4 or even #3 in pvp class tier list)

I'm not debating the weak state of magsorc, its terrible. But, I don't consider buffs elsewhere to be nerfs to sorcs.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not debating the weak state of magsorc, its terrible. But, I don't consider buffs elsewhere to be nerfs to sorcs.

They kind of are nerfs to sorcs when the uniqueness of sorc skills are made available to everyone. It further pushes sorc behind the other classes, who can now do the same thing with none of the drawbacks and all of the existing strengths of their classes. It's an effective nerf.
    Edited by jaws343 on 30 January 2023 19:34
  • axi
    axi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Before people will loose their minds about mist form changes. For mobility streak is still better and they're not the same at all. Mist is basically just a cloud that absorbs up to 3 projectiles during 1 second duration but You move with Your character speed while turned into cloud not isntantly teleport like with streak. You can sprint or dodge in it but You can't jump which makes it horrible for kiting compared to curent state of the ability. Mist basically got nerfed.
    Edited by axi on 30 January 2023 19:50
  • axi
    axi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »

They kind of are nerfs to sorcs when the uniqueness of sorc skills are made available to everyone. It further pushes sorc behind the other classes, who can now do the same thing with none of the drawbacks and all of the existing strengths of their classes. It's an effective nerf.

Nothing was killed. Mist is nothing like a streak.
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My takeaway from patch

Nb was again buffed. It’s gets streak as well as though it wasn’t mobile enough already
    Edited by PhoenixGrey on 30 January 2023 19:51
  • AdamLAD
    AdamLAD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerer still in the bin. I think they are purposely not buffing it due to arcanist
  • RemoryAzure
    RemoryAzure
    ✭✭✭
    axi wrote: »
    Mist is basically just a cloud that absorbs up to 3 projectiles during 1 second duration but You move with Your character speed while turned into cloud not isntantly teleport like with streak. You can sprint or dodge in it but You can't jump which makes it horrible for kiting compared to curent state of the ability. Mist basically got nerfed.

how do you know this?
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    there were no nerfs, what do u mean weaker or worse.
    actually the buff wasn't even needed but it's acceptable.
    finally they did an adjustment properly
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meanwhile they are buffing dk chains... as if dks needed more buffs :lol: (I actually like the ward change from a tank pov but I get your point OP).
  • axi
    axi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mist is basically just a cloud that absorbs up to 3 projectiles during 1 second duration but You move with Your character speed while turned into cloud not isntantly teleport like with streak. You can sprint or dodge in it but You can't jump which makes it horrible for kiting compared to curent state of the ability. Mist basically got nerfed.

how do you know this?

Because PTS is online since the moment patch notes were released.
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Did you read the patch notes? Mistform was reworked to be a teleport. It is, in fact, better than Ball of Lightning because it doesn't have the cooldown on projectile absorption and you get better secondary effects, in addition to being a ground-cast target so you can actually go where you want to go rather than Streak/Ball's only-forward fixed range teleport.
  • axi
    axi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Did you read the patch notes? Mistform was reworked to be a teleport. It is, in fact, better than Ball of Lightning because it doesn't have the cooldown on projectile absorption and you get better secondary effects, in addition to being a ground-cast target so you can actually go where you want to go rather than Streak/Ball's only-forward fixed range teleport.

Did You log on PTS to see how it works? I did.

ZoS is known for using misleading words in their patch notes. In the game ability is actually described as a "dash" and works nothing like a streak. I edited one of my posts above to describe how mist works.
    Edited by axi on 30 January 2023 20:06
  • ForumBully
    ForumBully
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank goodness...maybe now people can focus on actual Sorc problems...for all the good it will do us.
  • nuttytom
    nuttytom
    ✭✭✭✭
    We've been asking over and over for specific, targeted changes to Sorcerers defensive toolkit, and access to debuffs that would improve its viability in PVP.
    We got a pitiful 10% buff to one shield. And Health?!?!?! Scaling.
    This isn't it ZOS. This isn't it.
    We've given you innumerable suggestions for fixes. Try again.

fully agreed
  • nuttytom
    nuttytom
    ✭✭✭✭

ZoS is known for using misleading words in their patch notes. In the game ability is actually described as a "dash" and works nothing like a streak. I edited one of my posts above to describe how mist works.

it is like streak tho lol. it has the same range but also costs LESS + has the extras to come with it like projectile absorb + healing or major evasion + expedition.

only difference is that mist is slightly slower
    Edited by nuttytom on 30 January 2023 20:15
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember when streak was so cool back in 2014...
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk