The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Class Change Tokens - Request Number 73,276

• Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shagreth wrote: »
    Tandor wrote: »
    If everything is maxed, what more skill points do you need, and can't get in other ways? You have all your class skills and CPs, what more do you need from e.g. non-class skill lines?
    [Snip]

Adding new morphs to existing classes would be extending an existing system, I'd welcome that. What I don't welcome is changing existing systems entirely without very good cause. I see the reasons some argue for those changes, and I'm far from alone in seeing other reasons for not agreeing with those changes (or in some cases simply wanting them to be optional).

[Snip]

[Edited quote and edited for removed content]
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on 14 March 2024 14:03
  • FelisCatus
    FelisCatus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shagreth wrote: »
    If everything is maxed, what more skill points do you need, and can't get in other ways? You have all your class skills and CPs, what more do you need from e.g. non-class skill lines?
    [Snip]

Adding new morphs to existing classes would be extending an existing system, I'd welcome that. What I don't welcome is changing existing systems entirely without very good cause. I see the reasons some argue for those changes, and I'm far from alone in seeing other reasons for not agreeing with those changes (or in some cases simply wanting them to be optional).

[Snip]

There are very good reasons to change and overhaul existing systems.

[Edited quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on 14 March 2024 14:03
  • Ugrak
    Ugrak
    ✭✭✭
    The only reason we haven't seen it is because of what Gina says - it's due to technical limitations on their end. If they fix that stuff, I guarantee you we'll see it. They didn't say it's impossible, it's just not something they're looking at (or were looking at at that time) due to those limitations. But their technology and resources improve every year so who knows!

You may have noticed that leveling achievements for each class were added a while back.

So that an account could for example unlock a class in the crown store in the same way other skill lines and zone skyshards currently are.

I'm cautiously optimistic this is an indication something might be in the works.
  • Deimus
    Deimus
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Volpe Any news from the Dev team on the future of the Necro? The other thread that was closed asking for a class change token due to the Necromancer class being gutted yet again received no official feedback on the intentions for the class. Could you inquire about that for us? Thanks!
  • Ugrak
    Ugrak
    ✭✭✭
    Sarannah wrote: »
    Class change should not happen for many reasons, and should come with heavy requirements if it is ever made: Having a level 50 of that class already, and only once per year. Otherwise players will keep chasing the meta classes and it would harm the game's diversity, due to everyone running around on the same class.

That does not seem to be a real issue. We already have functionality that allows this kind of meta chasing, in the form of easy alt leveling and account wide stuff.

i.e., Just want a different class for the performance? It can potentially just be hours away from battle readiness, and then you just log in to whatever everyone else is using.

For example I already have a meta-roster with one of each class leveled up and ready to roll; in position to chase the meta according to the flavor of the month. In fact they were made specifically to open the possibility of doing so. Class change won't affect that capability one way or the other.

The idea of a one year cooldown on a class change token in light of the above makes as much sense to me as a one year cooldown on logging in with any but one class per account, or what is to prevent players from just relogging to an alt? Is this even a real problem? I'd say no.

Class change tokens are for freshing up the highly developed specialty characters aside from the meta-roster, that I'd rather modify than remake from scratch.
  • FelisCatus
    FelisCatus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ugrak wrote: »
    The only reason we haven't seen it is because of what Gina says - it's due to technical limitations on their end. If they fix that stuff, I guarantee you we'll see it. They didn't say it's impossible, it's just not something they're looking at (or were looking at at that time) due to those limitations. But their technology and resources improve every year so who knows!

You may have noticed that leveling achievements for each class were added a while back.

So that an account could for example unlock a class in the crown store in the same way other skill lines and zone skyshards currently are.

I'm cautiously optimistic this is an indication something might be in the works.

They'd be stupid not to add it many people want it and if they want to make more money they will cave to the demand of the market.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FelisCatus wrote: »

They'd be stupid not to add it many people want it and if they want to make more money they will cave to the demand of the market.

That would depend on the cost of implementing it and dealing with any resulting problems, and the estimated loss in revenue from the reduced sale of existing levelling aids in the Crown Store.
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    FelisCatus wrote: »

That would depend on the cost of implementing it and dealing with any resulting problems, and the estimated loss in revenue from the reduced sale of existing levelling aids in the Crown Store.

people get levelling aids from the Crown Store for characters they do not want to spend all the extra time levelling skill lines for.

people would still do that.
    maybe a few would not,
    but most of the people that want a Class Change Token want it because they've done everything with their main character and want to not re-do thousands of quests.

edited: typos
    Edited by LunaFlora on 14 March 2024 00:12
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Adremal
    Adremal
    ✭✭✭✭
    Necromancers should get one for free with this last salt in the wound.
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I honestly would have preferred class change tokens to accountwide achievements. Both impact replayability. I can absolutely see the point of those who made their character X because that's what was available but when Y class comes out, it's more representative of the character the player had imagined all along.

ZoS also said they wouldn't do accountwide achievements and alliance change tokens, back in the day, so I honestly feel like the only reason they haven't done class change (yet) is because they technically can't figure out how to without breaking something else.
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • FelisCatus
    FelisCatus
    ✭✭✭✭
    heaven13 wrote: »
    I honestly would have preferred class change tokens to accountwide achievements. Both impact replayability. I can absolutely see the point of those who made their character X because that's what was available but when Y class comes out, it's more representative of the character the player had imagined all along.

ZoS also said they wouldn't do accountwide achievements and alliance change tokens, back in the day, so I honestly feel like the only reason they haven't done class change (yet) is because they technically can't figure out how to without breaking something else.

It's just 3 skill lines shouldn't be difficult at all.
  • Malyore
    Malyore
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Icy

Is there any data that can be shared on what the technical limitations are to class change tokens?
  • Ciotola
    Ciotola
    ✭✭✭
    Malyore wrote: »
    @ZOS_Icy

Is there any data that can be shared on what the technical limitations are to class change tokens?

It's not the first time this has been asked, they won't do it. zenimax needs to seriously reevaluate its approach towards us PAYING users.
  • Malyore
    Malyore
    ✭✭✭
    Ciotola wrote: »
    Malyore wrote: »
    @ZOS_Icy

It's not the first time this has been asked, they won't do it. zenimax needs to seriously reevaluate its approach towards us PAYING users.

The reason I asked is because I had a different thread discussing a different topic about class change tokens. I was trying to discuss the technical limitations and ways that people were willing to try to work with zos on accepting some form of limited or altered class change token. But I guess zos thought it was too similar to this thread and mine got closed. Instead of retyping out all of my assumptions and questions, it just was easier to ask zos directly what was going on.

I knew @ZOS_Icy wouldn't respond. But when any action becomes a waste of effort, I might as well go for the minimal effort and most direct action and hope maybe some effort will be returned.

I'm not too distraught about it though. I'd say it's believable to say literally everybody on the forum has had some experience of being directly ignored by the forum moderators. I've seen it happen a lot to others, and I'm not gonna get upset just because it's my turn. It's just the nature of their company. How lucky are we that we can even afford to get frustrated by such things? We must have things going pretty good in life if this is what we have to get irked about.
    It's a videogame. We choose if the fun of the game outweighs the frustration and we the customer choose to put our money into it. Despite frustrations existing in a lot of areas, when I take a step back from the forums and from zos and all of that, I instead can re-enter the world of tamriel and can just play the game and enjoy what I have without the fuss. If something new and requested gets added, it gets added. But I personally don't want to let my thoughts on what the game could/should be ruin my taste for it, or allow myself to get angry at being ignored by someone whose job it is to make sure the fans aren't fighting with each other on a website. There's plenty of other things to focus on in life.
  • Nic727
    Nic727
    ✭✭✭✭
    heaven13 wrote: »
    I honestly feel like the only reason they haven't done class change (yet) is because they technically can't figure out how to without breaking something else.
    We’ve discussed about multiple ways to do it and one is just to give us back the skills points we had in one class skill line and start from lvl 0 in that class.

I mean, it’s technically possible, but I guess the problem is that they just don’t care about working on that.
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unlikely to see....ZOS sells more character slots without the token.
  • Foxxal
    Foxxal
    ✭✭
    I'd very happily spend 4000 crowns on a class change token, it's so much less annoying than grinding alt character skills. I'm never going to spend crowns skill line skips because I like my main character too much, but being able to swap classes without the extra fuss would be something I'd buy. I have a lot of acquaintances that feel the same way.
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    нет
    Playing since beta...
  • FelisCatus
    FelisCatus
    ✭✭✭✭
    We need it.
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They'd probably make it incredibly expensive to deter it rather than encourage it.