Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Preferred Mount For Your Vampire

MJ202
MJ202
✭✭✭✭
I'm working on a vampire character and trying to decide on a mount for her. What is your preferred mount for your vampire?
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A normal horse. But my vampire is also a breton, and I prefer having my vampire characters still be of the culture they were instead of embracing vampirism like a culture.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cursebound Senche-Raht Darkfang
  • Ragnarok0130
    Ragnarok0130
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like to use that Deathhound mount for my vamp although I do cycle through a few different ones.
  • Carcamongus
    Carcamongus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I came here to post that. That big beautiful meanie is very fitting.
    Imperial DK and Necro tank. PC/NA
    "Nothing is so bad that it can't get any worse." (Brazilian saying)
  • BoraxFlux
    BoraxFlux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That one is absolutely brutal.

A nice one would also be the Sanguivorian Howler
    Here you can find a forum review. I don't own it myself, but still find it fitting though.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snow-Blanket Sorrel Horse

It's thinner, lighter, and not too flashy or crazy compared to the others. Also is from Colovia, which if anyone knows their lore knows that's where the Cyrodiilic Vampyrum Order has a hold. Nibenay to, but I like Colovia lol.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Hlaaluna
    Hlaaluna
    ✭✭✭
    The black stag with glowing red eyes. Nice match for my raven haired Dunmer vampire.
  • Remathilis
    Remathilis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bloodshadow Wraith Steed from the Summerset collector's edition.
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Remathilis wrote: »
    Bloodshadow Wraith Steed from the Summerset collector's edition.

This is the one I use for all my vampires too. 🧛‍♂️
  • Kirawolfe
    Kirawolfe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Onxy Indrik works very well for my 'Breton-yet-AD-for-some-reason' short, dark, and handsome vampire. The black and metallic silver complements his look very well.
  • Spectral_Force
    Spectral_Force
    ✭✭✭
    White Mane Horse.

It's not as edgy as Midnight Steed, and I absolutely cannot stand the flashy mounts, or the exotic bear/wolf/whatever mounts. The White Mane I think is visually fitting while not making you look like a Reaper main.
    I've unearthed the Legendary Antiquity of Mêlée Island and all I got was this stupid T-shirt!
  • northwest01
    northwest01
    ✭✭
    Sanguivorian howler

Can’t go wrong with a Vampire wolf surrounded by bats.

foefs34fgbd6.jpeg

• DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MJ202 wrote: »
    I'm working on a vampire character and trying to decide on a mount for her. What is your preferred mount for your vampire?

One that doesn't suck :p
  • Vulsahdaal
    Vulsahdaal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Legion Zero Destrier.

Almost all of my characters use horses, and I think it suits my vamp very well.

ursLMZX.jpg
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There are many sinister mounts for vampires in ESO, would be too much to mention here.

In my case, I change mounts often, and they are more related to their looks - not to vampirism :) I have 2 permanent vampire characters, and 1 character who often changes between vampirism and lycantrophy.

For example, my magsorc vampire is necromancer at heart, so she is using Skeletal Senche. My nightblade vampire uses Shadowrider Senche.

b6zVOmO.jpg

sTAJXiB.jpg

I can't find good old screenshots of nightblade on that mount, so here is old screenshot of magsorc on this mount (when it was not bugged with huge red light on the head):

vo3poVT.png

New screenshot of nightblade with this mount:

Xn4KAeF.jpg

Changes to how the lights work in the game really destroyed this mount :'(

I also was using Doom Wolf for some time. For Dark Bortherhood member and vampire, that mount is very appropriate:

ghCRg6e.jpg
  • Molydeus
    Molydeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cursebound Lichsteed obviously.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It really depends on your vampires race, having a corrupted version of their races associated mount is probably the way to go.

I have two breton vampires and one imperial, so I went with horses.

The "Zombie" horse or "Skeletal" horse are probably the best bets for any race though.

uk85tjqbvml1.png
    j34vjh9frdci.png
    soyqgnwbx6kk.png
    Edited by BlueRaven on 24 September 2022 14:48
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I use the Icereach Wicker-Steed.

la2KuS7.png
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • Gaebriel0410
      Gaebriel0410
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I too went full edgelord and used the Bloodshadow steed from the Summerset CE. :D
      But I am actually low key looking for something less flashy but still creepy.

While I don't have it, I like the look of the Dark Moon horse as well, it looks really sinister, one of the few apex mounts I actually like. But I can't buy it directly for crowns, so that's a no go for me, unless I happen to buy a pack when they rerelease those crates and it somehow drops.
    • spartaxoxo
      spartaxoxo
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      These would look nice

Great Dark Ram
      wab790t39dy9.jpg
      item-10596.jpg
      Battlefield Nightmare Senche
      kdo418gr74cr.jpg
      original-2ccefaae4b89e9e363204946a0d1a6d7605fbde6.webp
      https://youtu.be/i146XsWQCAk
      Nightfall Sabre Cat
      bn0n117dfrmg.jpg
      oivj6yqjgf54.jpg
      Edited by spartaxoxo on 24 September 2022 21:38
    • Arunei
      Arunei
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      My Vampires are RP characters, and neither of them are evil or anything. My Breton girl has a very derpy elk she just named Elker (she's bad at names) who is overweight (he was pampered by his original owner) and very "head empty no thoughts". He's tried eating her hair on numerous occasions. Her sire currently just has a normal horse, though I haven't decided which one to give him yet.
      Character List [RP and PvE]:
      Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
      Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
      Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
      Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
      Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
      Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
      Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
      Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
      Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
      Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
      Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
      Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
      Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
      Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
      Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
    • Hapexamendios
      Hapexamendios
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      Don't use one. Vampire is plenty fast for me without ine.
    • EvilAutoTech
      EvilAutoTech
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Shanks' mare.
    • rpa
      rpa
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      After the vampire revamp my vampires only wear the Wild Hunt ring and run while doing their writs at Vivec City. Would be the basic Highland Wolf if they needed to ride.
    • robwolf666
      robwolf666
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Frost Atronach horse, since vampires and fire aren't supposed to be friends, and normal horses etc would be scared of a vamp.
    • Saint-Ange
      Saint-Ange
      ✭✭✭
      I'm no vampire as I prefer beer but I have a question: do vampires feed on their mount if need be? Asking because when it comes to pick a mount I guess some must "taste" better than others right? Considered mounts bloods are far from a grand cru like a virgin Breton maiden's blood of course. Sorry if I digress.
    • TX12001rwb17_ESO
      TX12001rwb17_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Molydeus wrote: »
      Cursebound Lichsteed obviously.

That is definitely asserting Vampire dominance when a Lich serves as your mount.
    • TX12001rwb17_ESO
      TX12001rwb17_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Saint-Ange wrote: »
      I'm no vampire as I prefer beer but I have a question: do vampires feed on their mount if need be? Asking because when it comes to pick a mount I guess some must "taste" better than others right? Considered mounts bloods are far from a grand cru like a virgin Breton maiden's blood of course. Sorry if I digress.

Honestly a Vampire should prefer a mount that is just as strong as themselves, be weird to be stronger then your horse.
    • Ye_Olde_Crowe
      Ye_Olde_Crowe
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      One of my 'bad boi' vamps - the morbid, tuxedo-wearing Sander Cohen expy - rides the Deathhound just for the (supposed) stench and giggles, the other one - who loves to emanate Ring Wraith vibes - switches between the Zombie horse and Ashen Fang Lair courser, dpending on his mood.
      My 'decent' vamp who tries to pass as a normie rides the Daggerfall dapple horse. So it all depends on your char, their preferences and the situation, I'd say.
      Edited by Ye_Olde_Crowe on 25 September 2022 14:45
      PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
    • Ringing_Nirnroot
      Ringing_Nirnroot
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      New moon horse or sanguivorian howler