The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

ZOS please remove Dark Convergence from the game

• xHotguy6pack
    xHotguy6pack
    ✭✭✭
    Don't faction stack and don't only play in 1 campaign when you know it's pop locked and going to lag. Problem solved.
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Don't faction stack and don't only play in 1 campaign when you know it's pop locked and going to lag. Problem solved.

That’s literally what cyrodill was advertised as with big battles against actual players. I see no fun in playing against people’s armor sets or going to an empty campaign and just fight npc’s.
  • antihero727
    antihero727
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know of 4 PC NA PvP guilds that disbanded in the last 2 weeks. It’s all about the new sets and the performance issues they cause. Seems like they found the last sets designed by Wroble when they finally got around to cleaning out his cubicle.
    Edited by antihero727 on 3 September 2021 00:01
    Veldrn-AD Magica Sorc
    Bizarro Veldrn-AD Stam Sorc
    Antiherro-AD Stam DK
    Antihero-AD Magplar
    Aww Crit-AD Magblade
    AD Since PC beta
    On A lag free vacation
    for the near and far future
  • Hexquisite
    Hexquisite
    ✭✭✭✭

The problem is that if you are a 4 person group and go take a resource looking for a small fight, the other faction will come with 30 -50--and bring all that lag with them. It even lags in Standard now when certain groups are in there. It is literally the worst I have ever seen it zerg wise since these sets came out--they ironically make people stack more

I am not so sure why so many people on this forum are even against small teams running organized pvp. It seems like everyone just wants to sit on walls and zerg surf, and get the last hit on an enemy in.

Its hard work in a small group to get to the point where you can fight outnumbered and win most of the time, you don't have the safety of numbers to cushion the damage or their offheals, most of the time you don't have a healer, and you actually have to time stuff and call targets. You have to look out for your team mates. But it is really satisfying when you do kill larger or good groups through skills and coordination, not a 1 button proc set.
    PC NA
    ~Ethereal Traders Union~
    ~Spicy Economics~
    ~Tropic Thunder~
    ~Us Ghosts~

• Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    nothing on it needs nerfed, it is the only thing stopping zergs.
    zenimax please do not remove nor alter the set. it is perfect zerg stopper.

its a great zerk stopper yes, but one man shouldnt be more powerful that 20 thats just bad design
  • ResidentContrarian
    ResidentContrarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Artemiisia wrote: »
    nothing on it needs nerfed, it is the only thing stopping zergs.
    zenimax please do not remove nor alter the set. it is perfect zerg stopper.

its a great zerk stopper yes, but one man shouldnt be more powerful that 20 thats just bad design

Yet one man can be more powerful than 20 with other builds without convergence...in fact, some on templar can be greater than 40 because of living dark ;)
  • neferpitou73
    neferpitou73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hexquisite wrote: »

The problem is that if you are a 4 person group and go take a resource looking for a small fight, the other faction will come with 30 -50--and bring all that lag with them. It even lags in Standard now when certain groups are in there. It is literally the worst I have ever seen it zerg wise since these sets came out--they ironically make people stack more

I am not so sure why so many people on this forum are even against small teams running organized pvp. It seems like everyone just wants to sit on walls and zerg surf, and get the last hit on an enemy in.

Its hard work in a small group to get to the point where you can fight outnumbered and win most of the time, you don't have the safety of numbers to cushion the damage or their offheals, most of the time you don't have a healer, and you actually have to time stuff and call targets. You have to look out for your team mates. But it is really satisfying when you do kill larger or good groups through skills and coordination, not a 1 button proc set.

Because clearly if they died to something the other person was cheating or exploiting broken mechanics. But if they use insta-kill proc sets to kill these large groups that's just balanced gameplay. /sarc
    Edited by neferpitou73 on 3 September 2021 14:37
  • jasonleitch1_ESO
    jasonleitch1_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    The main issue with Dark Convergence is the performance during heavy lag. I, too, have been pulled in way beyond the outer edges of Dark Convergence.

Even on a speed stam sorc (I am able to reach 99% max speed in combat without sprint). If Dark Convergence centers on me during heavy lag, I can steak and dodge roll way out out the area only to get pulled back into the center on stunned. This then requires a break free, another dodge roll and another streak.

The current options for consistency seem to be to either hold block and walk out of the convergence or mist form.
    PC/NA: Pentar Stonedrake (mag sorc) - Undefined (technically my main)
    PC/NA: Pentora Stonedrake (stam sorc) - Death Huntress (NB hunter / speed build)
  • Inval1d
    Inval1d
    ✭✭✭✭
    This set's completely not broken, just watch gankers lurking at Arboretum spawn points and throwing the thing INTO THE SPAWN PLATFORM and literally killing everyone standing there as soon as they walk out of the invulnerability zone
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm finding it very much a nuisance and the excessive pulling is just as bad as those fights against those guys spamming AoE stuns and Bombard to immobilize everything. Thankfully you can block dark convergence, but when you have a minefield of purple orbs around you it gets a bit ridiculous. I used the set mixed with Vicious Death for a bit but I honestly am starting to tire of it. I'd much rather be using my brawling build than a long range zerg nuking build.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hmmm, someone wants a Zerg buster removed....

You know, Zergs, the things that tank what little performance we have...

(Sniffing sounds)

I smell codswallop...😈😇

We need more of these sets not less, they force players to use their heads rather than just running round in circles like a bunch of clockwork bees
    Edited by Integral1900 on 3 September 2021 18:39
  • antihero727
    antihero727
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm, someone wants a Zerg buster removed....

You know, Zergs, the things that tank what little performance we have...

(Sniffing sounds)

I smell codswallop...😈😇

We need more of these sets not less, they force players to use their heads rather than just running round in circles like a bunch of clockwork bees

It’s not the set it’s the performance issues and ability to use skills after it procs.
    Veldrn-AD Magica Sorc
    Bizarro Veldrn-AD Stam Sorc
    Antiherro-AD Stam DK
    Antihero-AD Magplar
    Aww Crit-AD Magblade
    AD Since PC beta
    On A lag free vacation
    for the near and far future
  • CSose
    CSose
    ✭✭✭✭
    Inval1d wrote: »
    This set's completely not broken, just watch gankers lurking at Arboretum spawn points and throwing the thing INTO THE SPAWN PLATFORM and literally killing everyone standing there as soon as they walk out of the invulnerability zone

LOL. Usually sarcasm isn't as overt when typed, but you pulled it off well. B)

They have to radically change this set, or, better, just remove it from the game. It's undeniable that Dark Convergence as it is now is PvP breaking.
    Edited by CSose on 5 September 2021 00:53
  • Brazier_of_Roebeck
    Set pulls you in. AND immobilizes? AND stuns? AND stacks? AND damages? AND only has a 20 second cooldown? AND YOU THINK IT'S GOING TO STOP ZERGS? 🤣🤣🤣 🤣🤣🤣

It literally does stop zergs, I have a clip of me running into 20+ people and literally ruining half of them xD
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Set pulls you in. AND immobilizes? AND stuns? AND stacks? AND damages? AND only has a 20 second cooldown? AND YOU THINK IT'S GOING TO STOP ZERGS? 🤣🤣🤣 🤣🤣🤣

It literally does stop zergs, I have a clip of me running into 20+ people and literally ruining half of them xD
    Tbh. No set should be able to kill people on its own, let alone 10 of them. Not even that. No set should be able to be a CC & Burst AOE dmg combo on its own. It is just absurd. Vicious Death at least has a risk & reward element and can be easily predicted.

Dark Convergence on the other hand can be proc safely from a range (keep wall etc), has 3 CC effects (AOE Snare, pull, AOE stun) and AOE Damage that in many cases is 2x or 3x overall greater than what Vicious Death can do.

How on earth is that balanced ? It is Game-Breaking. I have death recap that has: 5K Incap, 9K Hrothgar and 12K Dark Convergence. All from same player. How on earth can a game developer introduce sets that do more AOE damage than class single target ultimate ? I just don't understand it.

I wont be surprised if within 12 days (CP Campaign end) vast majority of players will switch to no-cp / co-proc. Because what is currently happening in regular campaign is probably the worst "meta" we ever had. I would even dare to say that it is worse than pre-nerf sload or pre-nerf viper. Run 2 sets and pew-pew. This is just um... bad. And the worst part is that Devs were warned by players on PTS. There was numerous feedback post that if those sets will go live as they are - they will break the game. And it kinda happened :|
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't really care about the set damage, it doesn't seem to be overpowered in my opinion. As soon as I see that blue orb, I know I'm up against someone who's choosing to rely on procs rather than building to parse at max efficiency. And I prefer to fight people face to face, so the pull is relatively irrelevant in that scenario. What I object to is this set's ability to pull people off walls and roofs. I shouldn't be pulled down to a ram when oiling it from above. And I've seen four people summoned at once off a balcony ring down to the porch to get zerged down.

At least limit the effect to the plane of the user. Very poor quality control to release something that defies the rules of combat ZOS themselves have put in place.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • SimonThesis
    SimonThesis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This set is making the horrible ingame performance worse and it is desyncing people on a massive scale. Ive even seen people stuck bouncing between 3 dark convergences. This set is too op and its became a must have set as it reduces pvp to whether or not you have the new set. Can confirm 4+ pvp guilds in Grayhost have disbanded on all sides since the patch went live.
  • CSose
    CSose
    ✭✭✭✭
    This set is making the horrible ingame performance worse and it is desyncing people on a massive scale. Ive even seen people stuck bouncing between 3 dark convergences. This set is too op and its became a must have set as it reduces pvp to whether or not you have the new set. Can confirm 4+ pvp guilds in Grayhost have disbanded on all sides since the patch went live.

I got my first Dark Convergence proc from a dead guy I just killed today. That was just lovely. DC procced even after he died.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It can proc on walls, cast from below and knock people off :lol: Someone was saying in zone they had 32 hits of it within 5 minutes, seems everyone and their combat pets are running the set :# They need to limit the range, or keep the pull but lessen the damage, but it needs adjusting for sure.

Edit to add: for procs being zos' scapegoat of bad performance, I don't understand the logic of adding yet another broken proc set...
    Edited by Jaimeh on 5 September 2021 21:40
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

and that is exactly what it is supposed to do.
    i hope it stays.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

well said!
    this set works and needs to stay

• Marcus_Aurelius
    Marcus_Aurelius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The set is totally broken, often it has no visual indication so you can't avoid it.
    If there was no lag the set would be useless because is very easy to avoid when you have the correct AoE visual indication,
    In the current state of ESO servers the set is just a zero skill atomic bomb, if there is lag you can hit someone for 50k just by pressing a button and think you are the best PvPer ever.
  • NoxiousBlight
    NoxiousBlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Concur. Dark Convergence has single handedly ruined the entire PvP experience in ESO. It is the most un-fun set every to enter the game.

Cyro is literally "dodge the dark convergence." Fighting on the ground? Not stop DC spam. Trying to siege a keep? Spam DC up the walls. Standing on the walls of the keep? Better stand back because DC is constantly popping and pulling everyone down.

If DC were situational and everyone once in a while it got you, fine. But this set is so overtuned it isn't even funny. So much so that nearly every. single. person. is using it. I've been killed during prime time so many times because of dark convergence + ultimate killed me before I even saw the red circle or pull animation.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spread out
    stay away from being to close to other people

do those 2 things and you will. not. die.

it really is simple
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spread out
    stay away from being to close to other people

do those 2 things and you will. not. die.

it really is simple

Negative.

If you cast Revealing Flare with the Reach passive and Propelling Shield, you can hit and pull people over 50 meters away with Dark Convergence.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • keto3000
    keto3000
    ✭✭✭
    If any one you remember--- DragonKnights originally had ability to use their chains to pull ppl off walls and in some cases get pulled up into an enemy keep with them. ZOS eventually removed that ability from chains,
    Concur. Dark Convergence has single handedly ruined the entire PvP experience in ESO. It is the most un-fun set every to enter the game.

Cyro is literally "dodge the dark convergence." Fighting on the ground? Not stop DC spam. Trying to siege a keep? Spam DC up the walls. Standing on the walls of the keep? Better stand back because DC is constantly popping and pulling everyone down.

If DC were situational and everyone once in a while it got you, fine. But this set is so overtuned it isn't even funny. So much so that nearly every. single. person. is using it. I've been killed during prime time so many times because of dark convergence + ultimate killed me before I even saw the red circle or pull animation.

“The point of power is always in the present moment.”

― Louise L. Hay
  • RevJJ
    RevJJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭

AD8-BF227-7-CDE-4-CC2-B411-9-E3945-E4-DE90.jpg

E4211-FA9-A8-EB-4581-B9-F0-4-B62-D255-EE99.jpg

One ultimate, 0.8 seconds, 41781 damage. Subtract my 400 ms ping and I have about 0.4 seconds to “just dodge roll out”.
    Note also that the ultimate only does 7673 damage, the rest comes purely from the proc set. 81% of the damage comes from wearing a proc set.

A1-F26921-4638-430-A-9-BB1-11-ED541-CF991.jpg

22-CAE8-EB-BE9-E-414-D-A137-17-EE7-F08-FF21.jpg

Two skills, 1.5 seconds, 36726 damage.
    Again 400 ping so it boils down to 1.1 seconds to dodge roll out. Here the skills do 9806 and the rest (73% of total damage) comes purely from the proc sets.

“We want to Increase time to kill”.
    Uhuh, sure.
  • MalakithAlamahdi
    MalakithAlamahdi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also take Hrothgar with you when you remove this set, neither of them should have even been added.

Elder-Scrolls-Online-Screenshot-2021-09-05-01-00-28-27-LI.jpg
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also take Hrothgar with you when you remove this set, neither of them should have even been added.

Elder-Scrolls-Online-Screenshot-2021-09-05-01-00-28-27-LI.jpg

Yup, that one got me as well!!!!
    Crosses laid all over the place.
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zama666 wrote: »
    It is INSANE...but forced me to not hang our on ledges and shoot at people...

I had to get in the fight...and die....A lot....

Changed things up for me....

Now to go GET this set...

(maybe the user should take a little blow back damage....die like a stinging bee)

Tanks!