Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Would you still play if ESO went Monthly Subscription

• DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other (no reason for this but it seems to upset people not to include other because....reasons) :)
    One of the reasons F2P and B2P are so successful for multiplayer games is that they can keep player populations high. As someone who played the game for 4 months at launch and then only came back during B2P, I have no idea what the game population was like during that period of paying to repeat the same content over and over again. While I was away, the only new content dropped was Upper Craglorn. I never even considered returning, though I loved ESO at launch. I had essentially finished that game and was fine moving on.

By going B2P, people like me stick around. I would sub on and off again when active. I bought the chapters and cleared the DLC when subbed. If it was still sub based when Wrothgar and IC dropped, I'm not sure I would have returned. Maybe if they did a free weekend (that didn't include access to the DLC) and I got hooked again. If there was access to Wrothgar, I probably would have tried to finish it during the free period and not returned.
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I only play with an active subscription
  • yolostiner
    yolostiner
    Soul Shriven
    No
    if i am being honest its bs to have mountly pay obligatori subscription is not that good but it can be a free to play format game and have the dlc chapters dungeons unlocked from the subscription that costs like how much u want to pay but still have the game have it at as secoundary part but i like how ESO treats this problem with being a p2p game but having a separte subscription to the game that unlocks all of those things
  • Taunky
    Taunky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (no reason for this but it seems to upset people not to include other because....reasons) :)
    Only if it came with proper performance.