The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Antiquities Leads Not Dropping

NocturnalRequiem
So far it seams the leads for the Moth Priest's Cleansing Bowl, Anvil of old Orsinium, and Prismatic Sunbird Feather Have not been dropping. Has anyone found them or are they bugged?
  • moonsister
    moonsister
    ✭✭✭
    I am wondering that, too.
    Options
  • tarosvorn
    tarosvorn
    ✭✭
    The purple lead for the Royal Ivory Hilt is not dropping from the blue Wolf-Head Brooch. Tried 3 time now :(
    Options
  • Sporvan
    Sporvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Heartland painting lead is not dropping.
    Options
  • NocturnalRequiem
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GinaBruno can you verify that these leads are working?
    Edited by NocturnalRequiem on 3 June 2020 16:56
    Options
  • georg.eberleb16_ESO
    georg.eberleb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I have issues with

1. Yokudan Skystone Scabbard
    2. Moons-Blessed Ceremonial Pool

Both have dropped only once for me. I am farming for both of them since sunday afternoon (it is wednesday night now) to get them to drop a second time. No one i ask can confirm a second drop, neither in my trading nor in my social guilds.

I am not 100% sure if it is bugged or if i am just horribly horribly unlucky. But after 3 days of farming i am sort of worn out.

Anyone had more luck than I? Not sure it IS a bug.
    Options
  • Austinseph1
    Austinseph1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have searched a few hundred thief troves for the Silvenari Sap-Stone and everybody says it's bugged there as well Anybody else found it yet? The bad thing about knowing about them being bugged or not is they may never be found depending on if they moved it between PTS and live and nobody would know.
    Options
  • NocturnalRequiem
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom After 2 days of further investigation I have found that neither the Moth Priest's Cleansing bowl, Prismatic Sunbird Feather, nor the Heartland are dropping. Half the time the bosses in Toadstool weren't dropping any loot or experience, and the group dungeon bosses in Summerset and Northern Elsweyr are not dropping any leads.
    Options
  • moonsister
    moonsister
    ✭✭✭
    It would be great to get official confirmation if the leads mentioned above are bugged or if we are farming in the wrong places...
    Options
  • NocturnalRequiem
    seeing as how the thrassian stanglers piece wasn't dropping and it was fixed, I wouldn't be surprised if these weren't dropping either.
    Options
  • Ravensilver
    Ravensilver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone seen the lead to the Prismatic Sunbird Feather by now? I've been up and down Summerset and nothing so far... >:>
    Options
  • Sirona_Starr
    Sirona_Starr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to add this to a potential bugged lead - no confirmations of a drop in forums, or in zone chat multiple days at multiple times (its a starter zone purple for pete sake) It's the Bal Foyen Tri - Angled Truth Altar..... @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6805849#Comment_6805849
    Edited by Sirona_Starr on 7 June 2020 01:25
    Options
  • McGordon
    McGordon
    ✭✭✭
    I have an issue with Torc Strand of Song – Captain Blackheart in Blackheart Haven Dungeon.
    Last lead is not dropping for me. Did dungeon 22 times, both veteran and normal. Still nothing. Switched characters, run in different days. Nothing.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Options
  • Hamfast
    Hamfast
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have an issue with the randomness of the drops of some of the leads, personally run Volenfel at least 6 times including solo, and not got the lead that is supposed to drop there, same with Darkshade caverns with the same poor luck...

On the other hand I have seen a number of leads drop, yet they did not end up in my list of possible leads to follow (they were others needed for the Dwarven Ebon Mount that I already had).

In other cases leads drop in rapid succession, I found a second lead in Khenarthi's Roost for the Cat's Eye Prism at the first enchanting node I harvested after I finished with the first one.

I really don't mind "Bad Luck" but I prey to RNGesus on a daily basis, if there is a better way to get him (her?) on my side please let me know.
    Of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most...
    Options
  • 1337VV4ff135
    1337VV4ff135
    ✭✭✭
    I've farmed over 100 safeboxes in Western Skyrim in the past hour and a half and haven't had the Seat of the Snow Prince lead drop for me. I am aware that this lead does, indeed, drop from safeboxes, as I've had it drop several times prior, but now nothing.
    Options
  • VDoom1
    VDoom1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @george.smithb16_ESO

A question, have you scryed, excavated and acquired the Moons-Blessed Ceremonial Pool as a piece of furniture? You can only have one lead for a specific item at a time. You can't have two leads for the Moons-Blessed Ceremonial Pool at once.

As for the Prismatic Sunfeather, it has dropped for someone, saw a screenshot of it on ESO Fashion. However I don't know where it drops, some leads are tied to trials so perhaps in Cloudrest.
    https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/prismatic-sunbird-feather/

Regarding the leads for the Wolf mount, patience is a virtue. It took me around 20+ tries to get the final lead from Darkshade Caverns I.
    We Fight For Cyrodiil.
    We fight for The Daggerfall Covenant.
    We fight for The Aldmeri Dominion.
    We fight for The Ebonheart Pact.
    We fight for Tamriel!
    CP 1200+
    Grand Master Crafter | Tamriel Hero
    Imperial Dragonknight
    Khajiit Necromancer
    Altmer Templar | Dunmer Nightblade
    Khajiit Nightblade | Argonian Dragonknight
    Altmer Sorcerer | Breton Nightblade
    Nord Warden | Dunmer Sorcerer
    Guild - Priests Of Hircine
    ESO Since 2014
    PC - EU
    Options
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    VDoom1 wrote: »
    @george.smithb16_ESO

A question, have you scryed, excavated and acquired the Moons-Blessed Ceremonial Pool as a piece of furniture? You can only have one lead for a specific item at a time. You can't have two leads for the Moons-Blessed Ceremonial Pool at once.

As for the Prismatic Sunfeather, it has dropped for someone, saw a screenshot of it on ESO Fashion. However I don't know where it drops, some leads are tied to trials so perhaps in Cloudrest.

Regarding the leads for the Wolf mount, patience is a virtue. It took me around 20+ tries to get the final lead from Darkshade Caverns I.

You can easily get the lead for the Prismatic Sunfeather on the PTS, which may be where the screenshot on ESO Fashion comes from.
    Options
  • VDoom1
    VDoom1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »
    @george.smithb16_ESO

You can easily get the lead for the Prismatic Sunfeather on the PTS, which may be where the screenshot on ESO Fashion comes from.

True, it didn't say if it was from the PTS or live. Though one would think that sources would remain the same, for the most part anyways.
    We Fight For Cyrodiil.
    We fight for Tamriel!
    CP 1200+
    Imperial Dragonknight
    Khajiit Necromancer
    ESO Since 2014
    PC - EU
    Options
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @george.smithb16_ESO

True, it didn't say if it was from the PTS or live. Though one would think that sources would remain the same, for the most part anyways.

On the PTS you can just empty the container with all the leads. That way you don’t have to chase them all down as you would on live. Unfortunately it means we don’t have proof that the feather is actually dropping as intended.
    Options
  • VDoom1
    VDoom1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @george.smithb16_ESO

On the PTS you can just empty the container with all the leads. That way you don’t have to chase them all down as you would on live. Unfortunately it means we don’t have proof that the feather is actually dropping as intended.

Ahh I see. Well same goes for The Heartland, I've tried to get it myself for a good long while and no luck yet. I know RNG can sometimes be pure evil, but it does make one wonder.
    We Fight For Cyrodiil.
    We fight for Tamriel!
    CP 1200+
    Imperial Dragonknight
    Khajiit Necromancer
    ESO Since 2014
    PC - EU
    Options
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @george.smithb16_ESO

Ahh I see. Well same goes for The Heartland, I've tried to get it myself for a good long while and no luck yet. I know RNG can sometimes be pure evil, but it does make one wonder.

Yeah, I’m in the same boat. No feather, no moth bowl, no Heartland. Hope we can get some sort of response soon! The good news is they can be hotfixed if necessary.
    Options
  • Hamfast
    Hamfast
    ✭✭✭✭
    @george.smithb16_ESO ...

I understand that I need patience, that is not really my issue here, I have seen some bugs in the past where the way the game handled character interaction lead to the game handling characters differently, we complained and pointed out instances for a long time only to be told that it was in our minds... until a dev found the issue and fixed it.

If in this case, some characters are not getting the same chance at the drop, then it needs to be fixed.

By the way, if I get the lead from Darkshade 1 before I hit 20 times I will come crow about how much better my luck is then yours :-)
    Of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most...
    Options
  • resdayn00
    resdayn00
    ✭✭✭
    McGordon wrote: »
    I have an issue with Torc Strand of Song – Captain Blackheart in Blackheart Haven Dungeon.
    Last lead is not dropping for me. Did dungeon 22 times, both veteran and normal. Still nothing. Switched characters, run in different days. Nothing.

It took me over 15 runs to get that specific lead, a friend of mine got it on his first try. Then I got the lead from Elden Hollow I on my first try. Seems like you just have really bad rng.

In Bal Foyen I looted over 50 safeboxes and found 0 leads for the Tri-angled Truth Altar, while found 2 for The Dutiful Guar. In Deshaan I found the lead for the Blessed Dais of Almalexia (ultimate difficulty) in my first safebox. Pure rng.
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Resdayn Indoril, Dunmer Magicka Nightblade - Main

Pactum Dunmeri | Ard Feainn | Aetherius Art | Kley Guild

Achievement points: 26k+
    Options
  • VDoom1
    VDoom1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hamfast wrote: »
    @george.smithb16_ESO ...

I understand that I need patience, that is not really my issue here, I have seen some bugs in the past where the way the game handled character interaction lead to the game handling characters differently, we complained and pointed out instances for a long time only to be told that it was in our minds... until a dev found the issue and fixed it.

If in this case, some characters are not getting the same chance at the drop, then it needs to be fixed.

By the way, if I get the lead from Darkshade 1 before I hit 20 times I will come crow about how much better my luck is then yours :-)

That is true, we have already seen one instance where a lead was bugged or was just not in the game. I'm referring to the Coral Plating lead, that issue was fixed. So yes perhaps some loot is bugged or there is some other problem going on.

Hehe best of luck! Hope you get the lead before 20 tries.
    We Fight For Cyrodiil.
    We fight for Tamriel!
    CP 1200+
    Imperial Dragonknight
    Khajiit Necromancer
    ESO Since 2014
    PC - EU
    Options
  • Sirona_Starr
    Sirona_Starr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    resdayn00 wrote: »
    McGordon wrote: »

It took me over 15 runs to get that specific lead, a friend of mine got it on his first try. Then I got the lead from Elden Hollow I on my first try. Seems like you just have really bad rng.

In Bal Foyen I looted over 50 safeboxes and found 0 leads for the Tri-angled Truth Altar, while found 2 for The Dutiful Guar. In Deshaan I found the lead for the Blessed Dais of Almalexia (ultimate difficulty) in my first safebox. Pure rng.

I have yet to have anyone say, or hear about, or post they actually got the Tri-angled Truth Altar. Consistently in that zone chat it is common to see people asking about that lead, and if it is real. I think it's bugged. I posted earlier in this thread.
    Options
  • KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've farmed over 100 safeboxes in Western Skyrim in the past hour and a half and haven't had the Seat of the Snow Prince lead drop for me. I am aware that this lead does, indeed, drop from safeboxes, as I've had it drop several times prior, but now nothing.

Sorry, I think I've stolen your luck. I've gotten 6 of those thrones so far. It dropped so easily for me that I stopped writing down where I got it. I know for a fact that two came from chests found in the zone - one in a farm in Morthal and the second from a chest inside Labirinthian.

I don't think I got any from a safebox, though.
    Options
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is disappointing to hear that a player must run the same dungeon many, many times to get the lead for an antiquity.

I was trying to encourage others to do PvP for the Alessia one.

Now I’m going to sound like a hypocrite because I loathe queuing up for dungeons anymore. I’m in a guild with 500 other players, but because I don’t regularly run them, I can never get a group.

Running a dungeon 20 times is about the worst thing I could possibly imagine, and I PvP for at least 2 hours every day.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

Options
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hamfast wrote: »
    I have an issue with the randomness of the drops of some of the leads, personally run Volenfel at least 6 times including solo, and not got the lead that is supposed to drop there, same with Darkshade caverns with the same poor luck...

On the other hand I have seen a number of leads drop, yet they did not end up in my list of possible leads to follow (they were others needed for the Dwarven Ebon Mount that I already had).

In other cases leads drop in rapid succession, I found a second lead in Khenarthi's Roost for the Cat's Eye Prism at the first enchanting node I harvested after I finished with the first one.

I really don't mind "Bad Luck" but I prey to RNGesus on a daily basis, if there is a better way to get him (her?) on my side please let me know.

I did Volenfell and both Darkshades dungeons more than 10 times each. When I waited until the boss stopped moving before looting I got the 3 leads right after each other, I dont know if its luck but I was pretty weird.

With fishing you need to loot asap, I once got a lead in Stros M'kai but the fishing hole expired before I claimed the loot and the lead was gone...
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
    Options
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    still no drop for Silvenari Sap-Stone 6hrs and 100's of troves
    Options
  • VDoom1
    VDoom1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems I got a similar issue with the Font of Auri-El lead. Farmed for hours, killed vamp bears, gloombears, vampiric sabrecats, vamp knigths and deathhounds. Killed a looot of them and nothing. Is this lead bugged or is RNG being evil? It has dropped for some people.

Has anyone looted it the past 48h?
    We Fight For Cyrodiil.
    We fight for Tamriel!
    CP 1200+
    Imperial Dragonknight
    Khajiit Necromancer
    ESO Since 2014
    PC - EU
    Options
  • tim99
    tim99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i farmed "crypt of hearts 2" over 40 times!!!

until i realized the drop i was looking for is in crypt 1.....

(no joke)
    Options