✭✭✭
    I got a lead from a psijic portal in Summerset. @malistorr
    Edited by RT01100111 on 26 June 2020 02:57
    Options
  • Phanex
    Phanex
    ✭✭✭
    Phanex wrote: »
    I've noticed another bug (and I reported it) I've recently, in the last week or so, got 2 gold leads in Betnikh for the Malacath ring. Now this would have been 3 total, as I've already gotten it. But, the two new leads aren't scryable. Just says find a lead for this item. I know I've saw them drop from the mobs, but whenever I go to scry it for points..its not there...

Until you make the ring, pieces of it that you have already scryed remain as an obtained piece, so the duplicate lead disappears.[/quote]

Well, that's good to know. Thanks!

But it would be awesome if it would still let me scry for it, papa needs those points to rank up!
    Options
  • knudjmb14_ESO
    knudjmb14_ESO
    ✭✭
    I'm at 600+ safeboxes in several zones for the Preserved Music Box Mechanism lead and nothing.

This is some seriously stupid RNG, and starting to become not worth the effort.

Edit: 5 minutes after coming to the forums to moan about RNG, it dropped lol.

Sorry to say but I have two music boxes. They do drop.
    Options
  • OtisMiller
    OtisMiller
    ✭✭✭
    I too have two of the music boxes. The gold lead is a SUPER rare drop. I've done multiples of each mythic items so all of those pieces drop as well.
    Options
  • Anne13
    Anne13
    ✭✭✭✭
    If it hasn't been confirmed yet. The Prismatic feather does drop it's sitting in my house xD
    Ps4 Eu. From gryphons.

The only leads I have left to do is:

Sap-stone
    Anvil of old orsinium
    Shock lancer
    The heartland
    Tri-angled truth Altar
    Moth priests bowl

As far as I'm aware I should have all others
    Edited by Anne13 on 6 July 2020 09:02
    Options
  • RubyKnight
    RubyKnight
    ✭✭
    Anne13 wrote: »
    If it hasn't been confirmed yet. The Prismatic feather does drop it's sitting in my house xD
    Ps4 Eu

The only leads I have left to do is:

Sap-stone
    Anvil of old orsinium
    Shock lancer
    The heartland
    Tri-angled truth Altar
    Moth priests bowl

As far as I'm aware I should have all others

Where was the drop?
    Options
  • TheValkyn
    TheValkyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've farmed over 100 safeboxes in Western Skyrim in the past hour and a half and haven't had the Seat of the Snow Prince lead drop for me. I am aware that this lead does, indeed, drop from safeboxes, as I've had it drop several times prior, but now nothing.

I can confirm this one drops by other methods. I have it and I’ve never opened a safe box in Skyrim. (Annoying to me)
    Options
  • shannarab16_ESO
    shannarab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Anne13 wrote: »
    Where did you get it from?
    Options
  • moonsister
    moonsister
    ✭✭✭
    Patch Notes say they fixed the leads that were not dropping! Yay!!
    Options
  • bazanar
    bazanar
    The Moth Priest's Cleansing Bowl i got it yesterday by killing General Malvicus. since i suck big at PVP I did the quests in IC.
    I think that it should drop from somewhere else, since there are surely people that finished the story already and i dont know if its possible to re-doit.

sg0WGyn.jpg

It starting to look like a deposit my primary residence
    Options
  • midgetfromtheshire
    midgetfromtheshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    bazanar wrote: »
    The Moth Priest's Cleansing Bowl i got it yesterday by killing General Malvicus. since i suck big at PVP I did the quests in IC.
    I think that it should drop from somewhere else, since there are surely people that finished the story already and i dont know if its possible to re-doit.

sg0WGyn.jpg

It starting to look like a deposit my primary residence

Seems like it's a general drop from bosses or chests in IC. Picked up not even 30min ago from a chest as per this thread:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6841757/#Comment_6841757
    Get rid of faction locks.
    Options
  • moonsister
    moonsister
    ✭✭✭
    Confirmed: Got Lead for The Heartland from a treasure map in Cyrodil.
    Options
  • knudjmb14_ESO
    knudjmb14_ESO
    ✭✭
    Heartland lead random chest in IC
    Options
  • Aurrynthea_Drake
    Aurrynthea_Drake
    ✭✭✭
    Have unsuccessfully been trying for the font of Auri-el seems that everyone is saying there are 2 places it "supposedly" drops pretty regularly - but so far no joy. I got all 3 parts of the music box (THREE TIMES!) easy but this piece seems to elude me.

I know gold item drops are not supposed to be frequent but damn, going on day three & feels like I may never get it.
    Edited by Aurrynthea_Drake on 15 August 2020 23:32
    Magic does not die. It merely sleeps until called forth into the world again.
    PC EU (PvE)(ex PvP)
    Options
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was sympathetic to the struggle when things are taking a long time...then I got to this line:
    going on day three & feels like I may never get it.

Instant evaporation of sympathy.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
    Options
  • HammerWTEK
    HammerWTEK
    ✭✭
    I have been farming safeboxes at least an hour a day for almost two months now and can't pickup the music box lead. I RAN OUT OF LOCKPICKS. I had stacks of them. I've tried using three different characters. I farm areas people I know have gotten the lead from. I know it drops for others (someone farming with me in a different zone got one while on Mic with me) but it is super frustrating for me. But I guess that's just my stupid eng. It still makes it not very fun to play rn and thieving is my favorite kind of farming.
    We know...
    Options
  • Aurrynthea_Drake
    Aurrynthea_Drake
    ✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    I was sympathetic to the struggle when things are taking a long time...then I got to this line:
    going on day three & feels like I may never get it.

Instant evaporation of sympathy.
    Let me be clear this is 3 solid days of trying not just a couple of hrs over 3 days - but hey if you want to be like that...
    Edited by Aurrynthea_Drake on 16 August 2020 22:55
    PC EU (PvE)(ex PvP)
    Options
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    HammerWTEK wrote: »
    I have been farming safeboxes at least an hour a day for almost two months now and can't pickup the music box lead. I RAN OUT OF LOCKPICKS. I had stacks of them. I've tried using three different characters. I farm areas people I know have gotten the lead from. I know it drops for others (someone farming with me in a different zone got one while on Mic with me) but it is super frustrating for me. But I guess that's just my stupid eng. It still makes it not very fun to play rn and thieving is my favorite kind of farming.

I have had trouble with this one, on my third music box but the same thing always happens. I get the first two leads the same day or one day apart, then it’s weeks before I get the third lead. I farm chests, jewelry boxes, and safe boxes a lot, so it’s inexplicable how I can open so many and get nothing. I think there must be a cooldown on this one. I even had the blue jewelry lead last and farmed for three hours straight doing nothing but jewelry boxes, and couldn’t get it.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

Options
  • Durnik
    Durnik
    ✭✭✭
    tarosvorn wrote: »
    The purple lead for the Royal Ivory Hilt is not dropping from the blue Wolf-Head Brooch. Tried 3 time now :(

Ever find it? I've tried 5 times now.
    Options
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    resdayn00 wrote: »
    McGordon wrote: »
    I have an issue with Torc Strand of Song – Captain Blackheart in Blackheart Haven Dungeon.
    Last lead is not dropping for me. Did dungeon 22 times, both veteran and normal. Still nothing. Switched characters, run in different days. Nothing.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

It took me over 15 runs to get that specific lead, a friend of mine got it on his first try. Then I got the lead from Elden Hollow I on my first try. Seems like you just have really bad rng.

In Bal Foyen I looted over 50 safeboxes and found 0 leads for the Tri-angled Truth Altar, while found 2 for The Dutiful Guar. In Deshaan I found the lead for the Blessed Dais of Almalexia (ultimate difficulty) in my first safebox. Pure rng.

I don't think it's RNG, different leads have different drop rates even if they're from the same type of source (last boss of dungeon). I've had the lead from Elden Hollow I drop my first time three times in a row, and I can't get the lead from Captain Blackheart to drop. There seems to be serious differences in drop rates here, for reasons that don't seem to make a lot of sense.
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
    Options
  • Kaivalya
    Kaivalya
    ✭✭
    Given the number of people who play the game, the variation, reported in this thread, of the number of attempts to get stuff is probably statistically expected. (Stuff that seems to be not dropping at all is something else.) The bottom line is that it's unacceptable for anything that can't be traded or sold to have less than a 100% drop rate. If the designers want it to possibly take more than one try to get something, then they need to make it token-based, and at least one token must always drop when you kill the boss, do the thing, whatever. Maybe sometimes one drops, maybe sometimes ten, maybe sometimes enough to get the thing in one try.

Designers should *want* this. They should want to be able to control things better than leaving it *entirely* to chance. Maybe you don't want anyone to be able to get something in one try. And certainly, you don't want someone, not even one person, to go 0/1000 on anything. (What's reasonable depends on how long each attempt takes, like a fishing attempt vs. a dungeon run.) Finally, you'll know that if people aren't getting at least the one token, something is wrong.

Probably make more sense for something like twelve to be the minimum drop. Then someone can be just a little luckier and get 13, a little luckier than that and get 14, etc. If 1 is the minimum, then the smallest increment is doubling.
    Options
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Even some of the easier to get leads (not dungeon runs) aren’t dropping for me after a long time.

I am so sick of looking for treasure chests in Glenumbra. I have only got one lead so far.

I’ve been stuck on the last jewelry box lead for the third one for over a month now. I play for at least five hours a day, every day, and do regular thieving.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

Options
  • theresaric64
    theresaric64
    ✭✭
    I have found the lead for the Prismatic Sunbird twice. Once before update and once since. The only place it seems to drop is with the Gryphons at Gryphon Aerie. And it takes awhile sometimes. I haven't tried this week though. Also I have found the Sap Stone only once. I do not remember where though. Sorry
    Options
  • theresaric64
    theresaric64
    ✭✭
    resdayn00 wrote: »
    McGordon wrote: »
    I have an issue with Torc Strand of Song – Captain Blackheart in Blackheart Haven Dungeon.
    Last lead is not dropping for me. Did dungeon 22 times, both veteran and normal. Still nothing. Switched characters, run in different days. Nothing.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

It took me over 15 runs to get that specific lead, a friend of mine got it on his first try. Then I got the lead from Elden Hollow I on my first try. Seems like you just have really bad rng.

In Bal Foyen I looted over 50 safeboxes and found 0 leads for the Tri-angled Truth Altar, while found 2 for The Dutiful Guar. In Deshaan I found the lead for the Blessed Dais of Almalexia (ultimate difficulty) in my first safebox. Pure rng.

I have yet to have anyone say, or hear about, or post they actually got the Tri-angled Truth Altar. Consistently in that zone chat it is common to see people asking about that lead, and if it is real. I think it's bugged. I posted earlier in this thread.

I have found both in Bal-Foyen in the safeboxes. So it does work. Although I haven't tried since last update.
    Options
  • cnyanes
    cnyanes
    ✭✭✭
    Is anyone having issues with the Klathzgar Centurion one for the mount? I mean... I don't know how many times I've killed that poor thing today and the leads I've got from it are 0.
    PC NA @cnyanes
    Cin'onyx - Khajiit Werewolf Nightblade
    Clothe Senay - Breton Vampire Sorcerer
    Dannelen Deldúwath - Dunmer Dragonknight
    Shuzug gro-Bharg - Orsimer Templar
    Nathsandra Rivervale - Bosmer Warden
    Heals-All-Creatutres (Hest-Leel) - Argonian Templar
    Ancarion Larethion - Altmer Vampire Necromancer
    Jair Ababneh - Redguard Nightblade
    Olfina the White - Nord Werewolf Dragonknight
    Teo Moslin - Imperial Warden
    Options
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cnyanes wrote: »
    Is anyone having issues with the Klathzgar Centurion one for the mount? I mean... I don't know how many times I've killed that poor thing today and the leads I've got from it are 0.

I got his on third try I think, the other to in Craglorn though... well its been at least 15 tries on the Last Centurion
    Options
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think the drop rate for the Malacath’s Band piece that drops from upper district IC bosses should be increased.

I killed about a dozen or more bosses for the first lead, and during the event (playing at least two hours there per day every day) I probably got loot from more than two dozen bosses and did not get a second lead.

There were also quite a few bosses that I could not loot given that I was being farmed at the same time by invisible players as well. The difficulty of all these factors should be taken into account.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

Options
  • Aurrynthea_Drake
    Aurrynthea_Drake
    ✭✭✭
    VDoom1 wrote: »
    It seems I got a similar issue with the Font of Auri-El lead. Farmed for hours, killed vamp bears, gloombears, vampiric sabrecats, vamp knigths and deathhounds. Killed a looot of them and nothing. Is this lead bugged or is RNG being evil? It has dropped for some people.

Has anyone looted it the past 48h?

I am wondering how random are these drops. I have so far managed to find 5 complete bloody music boxes but have been trying to get that Font of Auri-El for months with no joy. Is there something I'm missing?
    PC EU (PvE)(ex PvP)
    Options
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Never underestimate how bad the RNG can be. I started farming for the music box the very day that antiquities were released as I had been looking at the list and spoilers and was raring to go. It took me three weeks and hundreds upon hundreds safeboxes to finally get the lead, doing at least a few town circuits every day.

My best friend decided she wanted it too, before I had found mine, and since she knew I'd been hunting hard and had not found it yet she decided to get started on it since she hates grinding safeboxes and knew she wouldn't want to go for very long at a time. I told her my safebox farming location and she went there, quipping over voice "How mad would you be if I got it before you, haha."

First. Box. She. Opened.

Not only is the RNG capricious but I am convinced it is self-aware, ominscient, and very sadistic.
    Options
  • Najaunglarohz
    Najaunglarohz
    Soul Shriven
    Hi everyone,

Just to ask if someone can tell me If there is a issue/bug with the Antiquities drop in a general context. I mean, I have problems getting the lead for a couple of objects, but I know people who have the same problems getting the leads for other objects that I have easily obtained. In my case, there's no way to get the Torc Strand of Lore lead.

Thanks.
    Options