The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Antiquities Leads Not Dropping

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check your journals as well. Noticed I wasnt getting notification of getting a lead. Opened my journal and at some point I got it. It just didnt pop
    Options
  • joerginger
    joerginger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, recently started leveling scrying on a second character and I've tried several zones now and cannot get pink zone leads ( treasure) to drop. I got a mythic lead from Arteum but no leads beyond blue from anywhere. Also, on my main, where I have leveled both scrying and excavating to 10, the scrying table for simple green zone items shows as master/ultimate level difficulty.

I've tried farming the Brazier in Bleakrock for over a week and cannot get it to drop a second time while the lead for the snow treaders has dropped over 30 times for me. It's a strange set of bugs that I can't say how it started.

From what I've read, this is not a bug. Apparently the purple treasures can only be found once per account.
    Options
  • moonsugar66
    moonsugar66
    ✭✭✭
    VDoom1 wrote: »

The thing is we don't know what the drop rate is. But considering it's a gold item and a part of the wolf mount, the drop rate probably isn't that high. Think of it this way, every time you try could be the time it actually drops. I doubt ZoS will just give it to you, unless the drop rate for this specific item has been bugged recently. All you can do is keep trying until they say otherwise. You will get it, eventually. :smile:

It's a purple lead, not gold. So, I expected the drop rate to be better.

Thanks for the encouragement, though.
    Edited by moonsugar66 on 14 June 2020 21:11
    Options
  • moonsister
    moonsister
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Can you confirm: There have been NO fixes for the leads (nor any fixes for Greymoor) in today´s patch? And the next fix is planned two weeks from now? No hotfix on the horizon?!

If this is true it is extremely unsatisfying.
    Options
  • Undyne
    Undyne
    Soul Shriven
    Hamfast wrote: »
    I really don't mind "Bad Luck" but I prey to RNGesus on a daily basis, if there is a better way to get him (her?) on my side please let me know.

Black Candles.... It's only a cliche because it works.
    Options
  • knudjmb14_ESO
    knudjmb14_ESO
    ✭✭
    joerginger wrote: »
    So, recently started leveling scrying on a second character and I've tried several zones now and cannot get pink zone leads ( treasure) to drop. I got a mythic lead from Arteum but no leads beyond blue from anywhere. Also, on my main, where I have leveled both scrying and excavating to 10, the scrying table for simple green zone items shows as master/ultimate level difficulty.

I've tried farming the Brazier in Bleakrock for over a week and cannot get it to drop a second time while the lead for the snow treaders has dropped over 30 times for me. It's a strange set of bugs that I can't say how it started.

From what I've read, this is not a bug. Apparently the purple treasures can only be found once per account.

You're right. I have tested this on another character in a zone I had not previously excavated a purple treasure and I was able. Purple treasure only drops for one character. This is going to make leveling these line very painful for other characters.

Thanks
    Options
  • Deathanubis
    Since last weeks patch, I farmed around summerest for psijic portal for Sticky Integument Leather – Psijic Portal in Artaeum or Summerset,

So far over 100 psijic portals gave me no lead.

This is just too frustrating. I dont know if it is just really bad RNG or the lead simply not drop because something changed from server end and caused it to stop dropping
    Options
  • purple-magicb16_ESO
    purple-magicb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone having trouble with trowels not disabling fissures? I just lost a gold antiquity because it didn't disable the fissure and I'm pissed about it. I know I can retry, but still...
    Edited by purple-magicb16_ESO on 17 June 2020 11:57
    I don't comment here often but when I do, I get [snip]
    Options
  • Netizen_of_Tamriel
    Fissures start at the bottom so you need to plan to hit the lowest level with the trowel. The way I do it is dig to where you hit what I call the "coffee bean" strata and hit it with the trowel the 1/2 load of inspiration.
    Options
  • GenaiDoma
    GenaiDoma
    Soul Shriven
    I have done 10-12 hours of farming chests in toadstool hollow delve for the heartland lead and havent gotten it. I did get about 6 other leads but no heartland. I dont think I will go back until they confirm if its dropping or not.
    Options
  • miawmiaw1337
    miawmiaw1337
    ✭✭✭
    I have issues with

1. Yokudan Skystone Scabbard
    2. Moons-Blessed Ceremonial Pool

Both have dropped only once for me. I am farming for both of them since sunday afternoon (it is wednesday night now) to get them to drop a second time. No one i ask can confirm a second drop, neither in my trading nor in my social guilds.

I am not 100% sure if it is bugged or if i am just horribly horribly unlucky. But after 3 days of farming i am sort of worn out.

Anyone had more luck than I? Not sure it IS a bug.

I have tried getting Moons-Blessed Ceremonial Pool for 5 days now and it seems its bugged you can only get it once.
    Options
  • knudjmb14_ESO
    knudjmb14_ESO
    ✭✭
    I have issues with

Both have dropped only once for me. I am farming for both of them since sunday afternoon (it is wednesday night now) to get them to drop a second time. No one i ask can confirm a second drop, neither in my trading nor in my social guilds.

I am not 100% sure if it is bugged or if i am just horribly horribly unlucky. But after 3 days of farming i am sort of worn out.

I have tried getting Moons-Blessed Ceremonial Pool for 5 days now and it seems its bugged you can only get it once.

I can confirm that you can indeed get more than one ceremonial pool as I have two but I do believe there are items that are bugged. I've tried farming the brazier in Bleakrock and cannot get it to drop a second time but have had the snow treader lead drop 30 + times.
    Options
  • miawmiaw1337
    miawmiaw1337
    ✭✭✭
    I have issues with

I can confirm that you can indeed get more than one ceremonial pool as I have two but I do believe there are items that are bugged. I've tried farming the brazier in Bleakrock and cannot get it to drop a second time but have had the snow treader lead drop 30 + times.

oh nice, do you know where you dropped them ? I dropped the first one in the moon delve, since then ive tried farming moon delve and senchal but nothing dropped.
    Options
  • knudjmb14_ESO
    knudjmb14_ESO
    ✭✭
    I have issues with

oh nice, do you know where you dropped them ? I dropped the first one in the moon delve, since then ive tried farming moon delve and senchal but nothing dropped.

Both of mine came from urns in Moonlit Cove.
    Options
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I must have been lucky, got 3/5 Thrassian leads on first attempt, fishing, psijic portal, now I cant get the anenome inlay to drop after half a dozen fights with plateau bosses. Is it meant to drop from them or their summons? Or is it just rng?

Edit: rng, got it two attempts later from boss
    Edited by Bobby_V_Rockit on 20 June 2020 01:57
    Options
  • Shadowproject
    I'm at 600+ safeboxes in several zones for the Preserved Music Box Mechanism lead and nothing.

This is some seriously stupid RNG, and starting to become not worth the effort.

Edit: 5 minutes after coming to the forums to moan about RNG, it dropped lol.
    Edited by Shadowproject on 23 June 2020 21:07
    Options
  • moonsister
    moonsister
    ✭✭✭
    Hi all, we can confirm that the Prismatic Sunbird Feather and Anvil of Old Orsinium are currently bugged and not dropping. These should be fixed in a future incremental patch. We are also investigating the Leads for the Heartland, the Tri-Angled Truth Altar, and the Silvenari Sap-Stone to see if there are any potential issues with those drops as well.

Hi there, any news on this? And the drop for the moth priest bowl? There has been no communication on this topic since your last post. Neither information if you have found a / the bug nor if it will be fixed with the update next Monday.

Kind regards. I am really frustrated about this though. I needed especially the moth priest bowl to finish a project.
    Options
  • Phanex
    Phanex
    ✭✭✭
    From my personal experience:

The first few days leads were dropping like candy and it was fun.

But for the last week or so I haven't had a lead to drop at all. I've spent hours farming for leads and nothing is dropping.

I'm still not sure how many of these things we can get. I know most have 3 codex conversations and that's the most I've gotten for the purple flavor leads.

Examples:

Ayleid Lightwell. I got one within a day or two of release. I've been spending an hour every morning before work farming it, and at least a few hours on the weekend and haven't seen a second lead for it to drop yet.

Eight-Star Chandelier: I got 2 leads back to back, took a few tries for the 3rd lead, but I haven't seen a new one over a week. I'll go in and clear out the dungeon bosses at least twice a day and a new one won't drop. I'm wondering if i hit a limit or something.
    Options
  • tim99
    tim99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    same here. no furniture-leads at all any more. i hope it's a bug, because i really started to like it. Maybe it was a bit too much dropping, but now its def. too less
    Options
  • moonsister
    moonsister
    ✭✭✭
    Phanex wrote: »
    From my personal experience:

The first few days leads were dropping like candy and it was fun.
    I'm wondering if i hit a limit or something.

Pretty much the same here. I even have 2 of the stained glass windows. Not even the Seat of the snow prince is dropping any more. And I have got 5 or 6 without even farming.

Options
  • KinnikuBeam
    KinnikuBeam
    ✭✭✭
    1 week now i try to farm : Font of Auri-El and.... nothing.... is it bug ?
    Options
  • cheifsoap
    cheifsoap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leads
    Fixed an issue where the Lead for the Prismatic Sunbird Feather was not dropping from its intended source.

So does this mean all of the other buggy or questionable leads are not fixed or were behaving as intended?
    Options
  • KinnikuBeam
    KinnikuBeam
    ✭✭✭
    Hi all, we can confirm that the Prismatic Sunbird Feather and Anvil of Old Orsinium are currently bugged and not dropping. These should be fixed in a future incremental patch. We are also investigating the Leads for the Heartland, the Tri-Angled Truth Altar, and the Silvenari Sap-Stone to see if there are any potential issues with those drops as well.

Do you have any clues to give us when it comes to how to get anvil of old Orsinium?
    Options
  • Nahiara
    Nahiara
    Soul Shriven
    I'm at 600+ safeboxes in several zones for the Preserved Music Box Mechanism lead and nothing.

This is some seriously stupid RNG, and starting to become not worth the effort.

Edit: 5 minutes after coming to the forums to moan about RNG, it dropped lol.

100 safeboxes and still no lead :(
    Options
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

We're looking into that one. There may be something wrong with its drop rate or if it's even dropping at all, but it's too soon to say exactly what the problem may be. Thanks for mentioning it, though!

Wait...what?

You mean the drop rate is so low that you can't tell if it's dropping??

That's dismaying to hear.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
    Options
  • Phanex
    Phanex
    ✭✭✭
    I've noticed another bug (and I reported it) I've recently, in the last week or so, got 2 gold leads in Betnikh for the Malacath ring. Now this would have been 3 total, as I've already gotten it. But, the two new leads aren't scryable. Just says find a lead for this item. I know I've saw them drop from the mobs, but whenever I go to scry it for points..its not there...
    Options
  • Sirona_Starr
    Sirona_Starr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have issues with

Phanex wrote: »
    I've noticed another bug (and I reported it) I've recently, in the last week or so, got 2 gold leads in Betnikh for the Malacath ring. Now this would have been 3 total, as I've already gotten it. But, the two new leads aren't scryable. Just says find a lead for this item. I know I've saw them drop from the mobs, but whenever I go to scry it for points..its not there...

Until you make the ring, pieces of it that you have already scryed remain as an obtained piece, so the duplicate lead disappears.
    Options
  • cheifsoap
    cheifsoap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Would it be possible to get a quick update if the other items were looked at, fixed, or working as intended please? I really don't want to spend my time farming an item that isn't dropping :(
    Options
  • Sirona_Starr
    Sirona_Starr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cheifsoap wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Would it be possible to get a quick update if the other items were looked at, fixed, or working as intended please? I really don't want to spend my time farming an item that isn't dropping :(

There hasn't been a patch for it for PC - maybe with the June 29 patch?
    Edited by Sirona_Starr on 25 June 2020 14:15
    Options
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've opened about 200 psijic portals and no gloves lead. I'm pissed.
    Can't find Sticky Integument Leather
    Options