Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Earn Bonus Rewards With the #10MillionStories Dungeon Event"

• Lady_Rosabella
    Lady_Rosabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Why does the pop-up when loading into character says "Earn Bonus Rewards Until 12/5"??? I thought the dungeon event is until 12/6?

SbxK42P.jpg

It's until 10am EST on 12/6.

Thanks @ZOS_GinaBruno I figured the "Until 12/5" was a typo in the pop-up.
  • coplannb16_ESO
    coplannb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    they better extend the event or compensate us suffering from that buggy group finder
    max level: mDK, stamBlade, stamSorc, magPlar, mDen, stamDen, magBlade, stamCro
    ESO+
    # of mules: 4 (FULL)
    maxed bank: FULL -_-
    Stop the grind! Get rid of stupid events and daily-quest gallore. Get rid of "have a chance of 1 in a million to get a piece of 1 in 30 to get a stupid motif or pet... wtf..."
    And at this point just remove all classes and have everyone choose their set of skills. then balance accordingly to skills always used vs. skills never used.
  • j3crow
    j3crow
    ✭✭✭
    I've done 7 random dungeons in a row, via the finder. I have not received any box. And yes, we took down all of the bosses.
  • WyndStryke
    WyndStryke
    ✭✭✭
    ... Thanks @ZOS_GinaBruno I figured the "Until 12/5" was a typo in the pop-up.

Maybe it is related to time zone ... are you EST?

• palahnyurchin
    palahnyurchin
    ✭✭✭
    j3crow wrote: »
    I've done 7 random dungeons in a row, via the finder. I have not received any box. And yes, we took down all of the bosses.

Only the first dungeon of the day (the one in which you get the most experience + purple rewards) counts.
  • BoudiccaStormborn
    BoudiccaStormborn
    ✭✭✭
    I have been playing all day. I started out with my templar (CP level) running randoms with my guildmates and just having fun. But I never got a box.

Switch to my sorc (41) and got a box.

Back to my templar, ran a few, no box.

Switched to another toon, 33, got a box.

Back to my templar and this time I noticed something. I was group leader for my 3rd toon try and again this time. With my 3rd toon, I noticed that when I went to sign us up for dungeon finder, it lists the undaunted rewards and the box. But with my templar? It doesn't mention the box.

And yeah I've checked her inventory multiple times. There is no box, I have not received a box on her. And apparently I'm not going to? Confused - and concerned since the box doesn't show up as one of the rewards.
  • BoudiccaStormborn
    BoudiccaStormborn
    ✭✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »
    and can I aslo say how bad of an idea I think it is to tie the reset to the 20 hour cooldown?

The problem is less that it's tied to the 20 hours cooldown and more that there is a 20 hour cooldown in the first place. In your average MMO, there is a rollover for things like dungeons. It's a specific time of day. Same for raids (trials): They reset on a specific day at a specific time.

Making a rollover be tied to each individual toon is sloppy and ignorant programming.

• BoudiccaStormborn
    BoudiccaStormborn
    ✭✭✭

Only the first dungeon of the day (the one in which you get the most experience + purple rewards) counts.

So if you don't get the box with the first dungeon you do with a toon, then you're not going to get it?
  • palahnyurchin
    palahnyurchin
    ✭✭✭

So if you don't get the box with the first dungeon you do with a toon, then you're not going to get it?

Not until after it resets. Lets say I did one of those "purple reward dungeons" with my khajiit at 5 pm on the 30th of November and got a box. Then I'm not getting another box with her until 1 pm on the 1st of December as the dungeons (if I'm not mistaken) have a reset time of 20 hours.

If you have a toon on which you didn't get a box with the first dungeon and it was a purple one then I guess that is a bug? If the thing is that you didn't get a box because you did a "blue reward dungeon" with your character, then you just have to wait until the dungeon finder resets.

Hope it is a bit clearer!
  • BoudiccaStormborn
    BoudiccaStormborn
    ✭✭✭
    I did dungeons last night. But, if you take into consideration the convoluted way dungeons are reset, I guess that would mean that my dungeon timer was started for the day already. And I'd already gotten my rewards. And, since the devs *yet again* tied something to something it shouldn't have been, there goes that for a number of us on at least one toon.

• greathero117
    Hey how I we supposed to do this event when you guys can't fix the game. Every update is more and more problems, instead of dlc being pushed out fix the game already. Long load screens, broken pvp, broken gf, ect. Keep this up and it'll be zero stories for next year, might as well play neverwinter, by the eight I hope it doesn't come to that.
  • bottleofsyrup
    bottleofsyrup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Infinite load screen after leaving group and porting out after doing first random of the day. Good way to start the event. :neutral:
  • Zhaedri
    Zhaedri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is there a list somewhere of all the drops from this event?
    @Zhaedri PC NA

• Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »
    and can I aslo say how bad of an idea I think it is to tie the reset to the 20 hour cooldown?

The problem is less that it's tied to the 20 hours cooldown and more that there is a 20 hour cooldown in the first place. In your average MMO, there is a rollover for things like dungeons. It's a specific time of day. Same for raids (trials): They reset on a specific day at a specific time.

Making a rollover be tied to each individual toon is sloppy and ignorant programming.

oh i agree 100% it should have been on the same cooldown as daily pledges/other daily quests. why does this 20 hour cooldown even exists, i have no bloody clue.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well sadly we have the issue with the groupfinder and then the issue that you are not able to join the group when you get the invite
    took last night about 50 minutes till I got the message: grp is ready
    then when travelling there, I found myself again in the area I started and had a penalty cause I left the group, what I certainly did not do!
    then I thought about this kind of events and decided that it is not worth it to get mad about and let the event be and had fun doing other things then playing a wrecked game with not working mechanics to event time!!!

you guys knew the event coming and knew that most will use the group finder to join in, for a random daily dungeon
    and
    you didn´t got it fixed
    but
    you started the event anyway

why???????
  • Angmarsky
    Angmarsky
    ✭✭
    Finished Dungeon as said in the news and got Nothing. Thank You, Bethesda, I hate Your event.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, so if I were to get like 70 of these loot boxes over the course of the event, would my chances at a “jackpot” be decent? Are we looking at about a 1% drop rate or lower? I really want those homes!
  • Aeslief
    Aeslief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This ‘event’ was so overhyped.

“Earn special rewards including rare mounts, pets...”

There is ONE mount and ONE pet, four costumes and the rest is trash from either crown crate filler or stuff you can already get in game. For an event that was promoted as a chance to get cool crown store items, it falls way short of expectations.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Earn Bonus Rewards With the #10MillionStories Dungeon Event. The #10MillionStories in-game dungeon event is about to begin. Group up and take on a random dungeon every day to earn additional sweepstakes entries, consumables, collectibles, and a jackpot that could get you 20 of the game's rarest mounts or houses! Check out the article for all the information you need to know.

can also the countries which are not eligible for the sweepstakes win the jackpot 20 houses, 20 mounts?
  • Gprime31
    Gprime31
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Earn Bonus Rewards With the #10MillionStories Dungeon Event. The #10MillionStories in-game dungeon event is about to begin. Group up and take on a random dungeon every day to earn additional sweepstakes entries, consumables, collectibles, and a jackpot that could get you 20 of the game's rarest mounts or houses! Check out the article for all the information you need to know.

Keep all this crap and fix PVP plz.
  • shadoza
    shadoza
    ✭✭✭

Too bad it is only for groups.
    Sounds like solo players are not appreciated.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »
    Abeille wrote: »
    Guess I'll have to take my RP builds through normal random dungeons.

I know I said I wouldn't take my RP builds to group content but I want that dog.

We probably should be considerate of other folks as to which characters we do or don't take into dungeons.

My fist only Khajiit could clear normal FG 1, all 5 bosses, solo in the low level 30s. Someone is getting at least one RP group member run during the event.

Update: And the winners of this honor are the group with the "fake tank" who completed White Gold Tower normal with me a short while ago.

Honestly, other than a two hour run of CoS the first night where I was the last member of the original group to see it through to the end, all my DLC runs have been pretty quick and easy so far.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Angzt
    Angzt
    ✭✭✭
    Countless runs and nothing but TRASH!... I hate this "event" - it's simply frustrating!...
    Edited by Angzt on 3 December 2017 22:37
  • rusila22
    rusila22
    ✭✭✭
    Best event since Beta 2014, we need more events like this :)
    Rusila CP :600
    Title : Monster Hunter
    Currently : Beta Tester in Morrowind
  • LadyAstrum
    LadyAstrum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZoS, I appreciate the thought but the loot table is poor. Lockpicks, potions and dye stamps are a big no from me. Please, also put more imagination into future events. There are people getting things they don't want, and people not getting any of what they'd like. People are doing one dungeon per day and getting the rare nice drops, and people doing numerous dungeons per day getting junk. Can you please consider a token system in future? At least reward those who make in-game effort for once instead of over-reliance on RNG.
    Please mix things up a little. I want to stick with this game, but the RNG is off-putting when it's used to excess.
    ~ "You think me brutish? How do you imagine I view you?" - Molag Bal #misunderstood ~
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno When does this event really end? The article says morning of Dec 6. The in-game UI says that we have 23 hours left--i.e., morning of Dec 5.

Which one is correct?
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • The_Saint
    The_Saint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Countdown is 22hours x mins...

Thats the 5th december and not the 6th. Also its not possible for the most working people in Germany (and else) to go for it tomorrow..

So we have 5 instead of 7 entrys... Nice

Hey guys, just letting you know we see your concerns here and are talking about what we can do.

You have really looooong meetings :+1:

Edited by The_Saint on 4 December 2017 17:04
    Samuel Crow - Nachtklinge - PC-EU-DC
    Saint_Crow Twitch / Youtube
    ESO Stream Team Partner
    Noractis
  • The_Saint
    The_Saint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno When does this event really end? The article says morning of Dec 6. The in-game UI says that we have 23 hours left--i.e., morning of Dec 5.

Which one is correct?

@code65536

Article time is correct. Ingame timer works like grouping tool

Das Event läuft wie angekündigt mindestens bis zum 6. Dezember um 16 Uhr deutscher Zeit. Der Timer im Spiel ist falsch.

Wir wissen, dass die Wartung am Freitag nur Linderung aber keine Heilung gebracht hat. Es wird weiter an einer Verbesserung der Gruppensuche gearbeitet.
    Edited by The_Saint on 4 December 2017 20:39
    Samuel Crow - Nachtklinge - PC-EU-DC
    Saint_Crow Twitch / Youtube
    ESO Stream Team Partner
    Noractis
  • Zhaedri
    Zhaedri
    ✭✭✭✭
    LadyAstrum wrote: »
    ZoS, I appreciate the thought but the loot table is poor. Lockpicks, potions and dye stamps are a big no from me. Please, also put more imagination into future events. There are people getting things they don't want, and people not getting any of what they'd like. People are doing one dungeon per day and getting the rare nice drops, and people doing numerous dungeons per day getting junk. Can you please consider a token system in future? At least reward those who make in-game effort for once instead of over-reliance on RNG.
    Please mix things up a little. I want to stick with this game, but the RNG is off-putting when it's used to excess.

A token system would be great!

All I really wanted from this event (aside from maybe the jackpot box of houses) were/are the Chef and Blacksmith costumes. I have been wanting them for months and months and months now, and am so sad that my in-game luck is so bad that most of my drops seem to have been maps. I've run 9 characters through the dungeons each day. I am not fond of pugging and random groups or even dungeons in general, and doing them turns me into an even grouchier, nastier, unhappier person... but I have done them in the hope of getting these two items to drop.

You can keep your lockpicks, your crown potions/meals/repair kits/mimic stones, your maps... the drop table is so incredibly sad on this event.

A token system would have made this so much better, even if the vendor you exchange tokens with is one that offers a few 'grab bag' items for rng crafting patterns or consumables.

I really hope the Chef, Blacksmith, Dark Shaman, Treasure Hunter costumes become available and actually attainable by anyone that wants them again. Same with the mount and pet.

Dungeons are terrible aggravation for such pitiful 'rewards' as I have gotten.
    @Zhaedri PC NA

• Morgha_Kul
    Morgha_Kul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disappointed.
    I don't really know anyone in the game, so grouping is a chore. I find most of the group dungeons to be ridiculously difficult (typically, 6 hours to play, 30-40 team wipes per dungeon), and so not much fun.

I rather dislike having group content forced on me like this.
    Exploring Tamriel since 1994.