Maintenance for the week of July 8:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance - July 8
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 9, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.1.0 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

PTS Patch Notes v3.0.0

• kalimar44
    kalimar44
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm done and so are a lot of players I know. You sure know how to *** up a game. Seriously this is the biggest and dumbest nerf to a MMO I've ever seen. What a epic fail this is going to be, LOL.
    Options
  • Salyyn
    Salyyn
    ✭✭✭
    Can I just say, as a Tank Dragonknight, that I *love* these changes? No sarcasm, either. Sure, there's a few nerfs to a few passives, but nothing breaking. Overall, I see buffs for myself! "Battle Roar" Everyone is complaining about it's nerf... but... I'm getting a buff for my resource regen~ Oh, and shield.... really, who uses that again? And.... BLOCKING! HAH! THIS IS WHY YOU DON'T HIDE BEHIND YOUR SHIELD, GIRLS! Treat it like Link does in SS, DEFLECT, don't block.

Anyway. While the skill line locks are... odd... they aren't that different from them being locked at launch, just differently so. Though... that does likely mean there is no more 5/1/1 for stacking passives! ARMOR UP, LADIES!

I kid, I kid. Overall, not unhappy. Looking forward to actually being wanted for more than my ability to stand there and take a hit.

Edit: I didn't bother reading more than the first two pages. Too much whining and elitism. My opinion? You guys deserve to be knocked down a peg or six.
    Edited by Salyyn on 18 April 2017 04:32
    Options
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So Obsidian Shard has its heal fixed but not Draining Shot?

I like the Caltrops change for PVE, but why would anyone use it in PVP?
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
    Options
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DK resource changes, seem to be made to benefit tanks, while hurting damage. Since DK's are already the most desired class for tanking, doesn't this even more funnel them toward tanking? Isn't it kind of the opposite of play how you want?
    Templar's are evil..
    Options
  • Salyyn
    Salyyn
    ✭✭✭

Back in the days of pvp old, where organization was a thing, a defending group might hurl their caltrops all at the entrance of a breach right before it drops, nabbing the invaders in a wide net of pain and slowness, with a few oils being put ontop to rain literal hellfire down upon them. You know, like a real siege...

Anyway, now, though, seems you'll need *more* caltrop use to cover that same area, but, with the bonus of more, and stacking, damage
    Options
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Salyyn wrote: »

Back in the days of pvp old, where organization was a thing, a defending group might hurl their caltrops all at the entrance of a breach right before it drops, nabbing the invaders in a wide net of pain and slowness, with a few oils being put ontop to rain literal hellfire down upon them. You know, like a real siege...

Anyway, now, though, seems you'll need *more* caltrop use to cover that same area, but, with the bonus of more, and stacking, damage

You'd have to have a very organized group, caltrops wont be good for much else and with better root immunity through dodge roll it will make them worthless I would think.

Ash cloud would be better fitted for that role in its current form, but you won't find enough players to create a big enough pool for it to be effective.
    Templar's are evil..
    Options
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eclipse needs to be reworked away from perfect reflect.

Eclipse is way to strong if used against any ranged build. With DK wings, at least you can try to burn through it, or shoot someone else. Eclipse completely shuts down ranged builds 100%.
    Templar's are evil..
    Options
  • Excabor
    Excabor
    ✭✭
    Well, it is all about money in the world. The more people do race changes, buy the expansion packs, the more money ZOS will make. By chamging the game drastically and make some races obselete people will buy a race change token. This is not about the balance of the game or the quality of the game. It's about money. By nerving Templars, people will buy the Morrowind expansion to get Major Mending ETC...
    Its bussiness that's all it is.
    Options
  • ningauble_7b14_ESO
    ningauble_7b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Eclipse is way to strong if used against any ranged build. With DK wings, at least you can try to burn through it, or shoot someone else. Eclipse completely shuts down ranged builds 100%.

Unless it is different than on live, eclipse can be purged, they didn't mention if this changed or not.
    Options
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After reading through these CP changes a second time I have to say once again that you guys at ZoS have no idea what you're doing. You're just nerfing what you see people putting the most CP into without realizing at all the actual effects it will have. MagSorc's are wrecking PvP and PvE right now and all of these CP changes have a much larger impact on Stamina classes than they will MagSorc.

I mean look at the fact you're leaving Bastion as is but nerfing Hardy and Elemental Defender. MagSorc relies more on Bastion for the huge shields whereas Stamina classes are relying solely on Hardy and Elemental Defender. So guess which classes are getting hurt 100% more? The same thing with Quick Recovery. Healing on Stamina classes sucks whereas healing on Magicka classes is great. Which do you think is going to be hurt more by the nerf to Quick Recovery? Seriously, go back to the drawing board on these changes.
    Edited by Twohothardware on 18 April 2017 05:16
    Options
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Unless it is different than on live, eclipse can be purged, they didn't mention if this changed or not.

Efficient Purge(the cheap one) 5400 magicka
    Total Dark 4590 magicka

You will lose that battle every time, that's only comparable if your magicka too, for stam its infinitely worse.
    Templar's are evil..
    Options
  • janusdef
    janusdef
    ✭✭
    "The overall goal of these changes is to improve the balance and diversity of Champion Point picks, while also raising the power floor so that those with less Champion Points will be more effective."

You'll note by my "Soul Shriven" tag that I don't post on the forums often because I prefer playing the game to talking about it, but this requires a response. What in Molag's Blue Balls are you talking about, ZOS? I didn't grind through 500+ points of CP and 9 level 50 toons in raid gear to be on equal footing (or, at the very least, more equal footing) with fresh 50's.

NOT EVERYONE GETS A TROPHY: There are winners, there are losers. If you're a low CP character, do what everyone else had to do. Grind, group, level up, pay someone to carry you through Skyreach, etc. This isn't making low CP characters more effective, this is punishing those who put the hours in to be better, for being better. Who needs goals anymore, get to CP160 and call it a day.
    Options
  • grim_tactics
    grim_tactics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This proves there needs to be an overhaul and heads should roll with all these terrible decisions. I don't know everyone involved in making these patch decisions but they made a huge mistake.

I'm ok and have come to terms with needing cost reduction CP points. I hate CP and it has no place in PvP. That said, I had high hopes you would find a way to balance them or at least separate PvP from PvE as CP is concerned.

I'll still be playing but after the "new" wears of off Morrowind you are going to be losing a lot of hardcore players.

Absolute crap job.

Can't wait to read the twitch feed on the next ESO live. Enjoy all the hate that is rightfully deserved.

Options
  • Leogon
    Leogon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great job ZOS, you've tried to fix a problem that isn't even there.

Incoming more Altmer and Dunmer mag DDs and Redguard stam DDs. It's like the other races don't exist!

PvP gets all the nerfs at the cost of PvE. In other news, water is wet.
    My thoughts exactly.

That's all I'm gonna say 'cuz in the mood I'm in right now, I'm probably gonna get banned if I truly speak my mind about these changes. I think it's time for a break.

Edited by Leogon on 18 April 2017 06:01
    Options
  • waitwhat
    waitwhat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno : This is a constuctive suggestion to developers. Please bring it to them.

1. Reduce the damage dealt by monsters and bosses in veteran trials, dungeons, and arenas. The coming update appears to reduce power creep, and will largely do so among players, but dungeon enemy damage should also be reduced accordingly. Those bosses and monsters won't be affected by CP and set bonus rebalancing, and the coming changes will make survivability even more difficult for melee stamina DPS in PvE. The developer behind the change to siphoning strikes might counter that the added health compensates for the lessened survivability, but those changes won't improve survivability against high burst damage.

tl;dr: These changes will help address power creep between players, but dungeon enemies will also need to be balanced down in their raw damage output to fully address power creep.
    PS4 NA AD ScourgeVivec Loading Screen Simulator 2017
    Khajiit stamblade main - Walking the Two-Moons Path and robbing cute Breton boys.
    Breton magplar vet Trial Healer - Promoting wellness through self-reflection.
    Argonian Tripot DK Cyrodiil Tank - One with the Hist and guarding cute Breton boys.
    Altmer magsorc PvE DPS - Scamp tramp and unrepentant lush.

"30s to eval"
    "Read the ******* lorebook."
    Options
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    janusdef wrote: »
    "The overall goal of these changes is to improve the balance and diversity of Champion Point picks, while also raising the power floor so that those with less Champion Points will be more effective."

You'll note by my "Soul Shriven" tag that I don't post on the forums often because I prefer playing the game to talking about it, but this requires a response. What in Molag's Blue Balls are you talking about, ZOS? I didn't grind through 500+ points of CP and 9 level 50 toons in raid gear to be on equal footing (or, at the very least, more equal footing) with fresh 50's.

NOT EVERYONE GETS A TROPHY: There are winners, there are losers. If you're a low CP character, do what everyone else had to do. Grind, group, level up, pay someone to carry you through Skyreach, etc. This isn't making low CP characters more effective, this is punishing those who put the hours in to be better, for being better. Who needs goals anymore, get to CP160 and call it a day.

It goes deeper. The real problem here is LAZINESS. ZOS refuses to invest the minimal time and resources it would take in a priority system like separate PVE and PVP templates and balancing. I don't know if it is just stubbornness or what but whoever has this obsession with being "different" by failing to do the things other MMO's got right needs to step down or step off.

I get it, they are doing small group arena and they want new players to be able to "jump right in." But you don't do that by screwing over every existing player and blindly hacking away with the nerf chainsaw.

You do it by reinvesting the MINIMAL amount of the MASSIVE resources you are earning with this game to build a simple framework for PVP templates. Queue for a battleground and have the OPTION to have FLAT CP COMBAT, where everyone is set to a fixed CP level to equalize the playing field.

Have this mode give all a standard gear layout and quality. If people CHOOSE to fight in a CP and custom gear enabled mode, then so be it. That is on them as far as balance goes. But for the love of all that is holy and right do not kick the legs out from under the dinner table just so the young ones can sit without high chairs.

You raise the new ones to the bar with templates. You don't drop the bar on the heads of everyone else. I would have thought they would have learned that by now with One Tamriel scaling, which they did a GREAT JOB with.

TERRIBLE design decisions happening right here though, and there is no reason but laziness. Even WoW (finally) figured out PVP templates and how to balance PVE and PVP separately. Take notes guys. I have faith in you.
    Options
  • Militan1404
    Militan1404
    ✭✭✭
    t3hdubzy wrote: »
    I like how zos has killed the game every update, yet were all still here

Well not this time, not gonna wait at least 6 monts for them to fix this mess, its time for a very long break for me. Most of my friends left after homestead anyway.
    Options
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So, I get error "invalid template" when trying to play one
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Also, I can't believe that your rate feedback of someone who never logged on pts and stopped playing more than 1 year ago higher than my. :|
    Edited by Cinbri on 18 April 2017 06:18
    Options
  • Entegre
    Entegre
    ✭✭✭
    I am looking forward for this patch! Finally immortal infinite sustain one shot characters got nerfed, you now have to choose sustain or damage in PvP. This is what it should have been! I really loved this patch don't listen to troll whines here. They think they should be able to solo a vet dungeon. (no you shouldn't)

Game is too easy already, please nerf level gaining, I don't want to see anymore cp players that are clueless about blocking the boss heavy attacks...
    Options
  • waitwhat
    waitwhat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lettigall wrote: »
    Whenever I see buff to AOE I know that zergs will get even stronger. Buff to caltrops will make 24 man bomb groups even more deadly and unkillable, this change cannot go to live servers!!!

Every narrow point(bridge, gates, breaches) will be spammed with caltrops like there's no tomorrow! It will create even more stacking like we have now!

But those bomb groups are largely magicka builds. The damage done by caltrops will still scale only with stamina, and it won't hit for 17k, 50k per tic. It won't be the same as being zerged down by six different Eye of Flame instances.

It may end up needing to be adjusted down, but the change to caltrops will do much good for stamina DoT dps in PvE, and will not make it fatal to run in PvP. At current cost levels, caltrops would not be viable with the resource management changes for stamina, and the smaller size means it must be places more tactically, as one would place Manifestation of Terror, Best Trap, or Endless Hail.
    Khajiit stamblade main - Walking the Two-Moons Path and robbing cute Breton boys.
    Argonian Tripot DK Cyrodiil Tank - One with the Hist and guarding cute Breton boys.

"30s to eval"
    Options
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    waitwhat wrote: »
    Whenever I see buff to AOE I know that zergs will get even stronger. Buff to caltrops will make 24 man bomb groups even more deadly and unkillable, this change cannot go to live servers!!!

Every narrow point(bridge, gates, breaches) will be spammed with caltrops like there's no tomorrow! It will create even more stacking like we have now!

But those bomb groups are largely magicka builds. The damage done by caltrops will still scale only with stamina, and it won't hit for 17k, 50k per tic. It won't be the same as being zerged down by six different Eye of Flame instances.

It may end up needing to be adjusted down, but the change to caltrops will do much good for stamina DoT dps in PvE, and will not make it fatal to run in PvP. At current cost levels, caltrops would not be viable with the resource management changes for stamina, and the smaller size means it must be places more tactically, as one would place Manifestation of Terror, Best Trap, or Endless Hail.

Or thirty stacked in a breach....
    Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost

Options
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To everyone saying "Sorcs didn't get nerfed", you seem to have forgotten that Sorcs got nerfed for 2 years straight. We STILL haven't recovered from the nerfs to Streak and Surge. You also forgot that NBs were OP god-mode for an entire year after IC dropped. Nevermind the fact that even today, MagDKs and Magplars are almost impossible to kill. Now there is a massive buff to Eclipse that will make Templars unkillable by Sorcs. It's like a 3.5 second, unbreakable Negate that they can cast whenever they want!

TL;Dr don't come crying to me about Sorcs until you actually play one.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
    Options
  • waitwhat
    waitwhat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Satiar wrote: »

Or thirty stacked in a breach....

Then you need to make another breach, like we all do now with EoF zerg bombs.

Even though it's a ranged cast, the vastly reduced diameter means only an extremely organized and coordinated group of exclusively stam builds could cast enough caltrops on you simultaneously to burst you down with it. You just won't see that situation in Cyrodiil.

This change will help caltrops do more of what it is supposed to do: stall zergs on the breach to buy time for reinforcements to arrive. Unlike Eye of the Flame + gap closers, entering that Caltrops deathtrap will remain voluntary. Cyrodiil could use more area denial.
    Edited by waitwhat on 18 April 2017 06:46

"30s to eval"
    Options
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bc F&@k dk that's why idiots I hate this game
    Options
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not liking the resource changes, not one bit. A handful of players manage to get infinite resources, and the rest of us suffer for it.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
    Options
  • Lettigall
    Lettigall
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Even 5-6 stacked caltrops will do serious damage. Think about it even if 1k damage from five of those caltrops gonna hit you for 5k every second + snare.You will be out of health before even reaching them!

Radius reduction doesn't matter, those groups doesn't fight on open field, they farm AP in narrow places(walls, inside keeps&outposts, choke points).

Some men just want to watch the world burn... I just want a cold beer!
    Options
  • xSkullfox
    xSkullfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS should play the game for themselves if they would they didnt do this !!!, this notes are BS.
    Play like you want bla bla bla

In order to lower the gap between players with high and low CP, all Champion passive values are now significantly more frontloaded. This means that earlier points are worth much more, while later points are worth much less.

should be called: while later points are worthless.

With the changing to the CP, you PUNISH everyone who plays the game for for a longer time and player who invested time to grind.

Groupfinder:
    The worst part is when it finally puts you in a group, your healer turns into a werewolf, your tank has 14k HP and the dps is heavy armor, using a restro staff and a two handed sword on the backbar. Then comes the 15 minute penalty before the cycle starts anew.

Rulz of Morrowind:
    • The first rule of Morrowind is: You do not talk about Morrowind.
    • The second rule of Morrowind is: You do not talk about Morrowind.
    • Third rule of Morrowind: Someone yells NDA stuff, uploads images, streams, the game is over.
    • Fourth rule: only invited players can test.
    • Fifth rule: one invite at a time, fellas.
    • Sixth rule: crying or bashing on pts.
    • Seventh rule: NDA will go on as long as they have to.
    • And the eighth and final rule: If this is your first invite at Morrowind, you have to play.
    Options
  • dpencil
    dpencil
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the one primary unspoken thought from ZOS is that they really really want people to use heavy attacks for resource management.
    Options
  • The_1st_Elder
    The_1st_Elder
    ✭✭
    Not all sustain stuff was nerfed. Engine guardian set didn't get a nerf or a buff. ZOS cares. NOT
    Main EP - Caius Targaryen - Stam DK
    EP - Viselyx Targaryen - Mag NB
    DC - Tyron Targaryen - Stam Templar
    AD - Vaeron Targaryen - Stam Sorc
    Options
  • Torbschka
    Torbschka
    ✭✭✭✭
    Very good patch for PvP, lets see who will remain among the best when u have to think about Ressourcen now.

Edit: i am a stam sorc dark deal spammer main huehue
    Options
This discussion has been closed.