Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Ideas for ESO Plus

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
Hi everyone,

We’re so excited to be bringing The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind to you a little later this year, and hope Matt’s article that was published a couple days ago cleared up some questions you had about our future plans for Chapters and DLC game packs. In addition to bringing new Chapters to you during the second quarter of each year, we do plan to continue offering DLC game packs during the other three quarters which will still be available to ESO Plus members as part of your subscription.

We're currently exploring new ways to add even more benefits to the ESO Plus membership in addition to what we currently offer, and would love to hear any ideas you have in this thread. We look forward to hearing what you suggest, and thank you for your feedback and continued support!
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • SturgeHammer
    SturgeHammer
    ✭✭✭✭
    ESO+ priority queue for Cyrodiil would be nice.
    First-in-Line - Swings-for-Lethal
    Green-Thumb - Scale-Factor
    Hist-Tree-Major - A-Late-One
    Needs-Some-Help - Dead-Last
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bring back subscriber rewards. Reward people for subscribing to ESO, being loyal to the game, the company and give them rewards - unique mounts, costumes, dyes, pets, etc. Simple as that.

Quarter 1 - pet
    Quarter 2 - dye + costume
    Quarter 3 - personality
    Quarter 4 - yearly mount reward
    Later, rinse, repeat for a new year.

That's it. Do that, and people will flip out and be happy. You did it before, and people paid money to get extra ESO Plus time JUST FOR THAT TIGER. It works. We know it works. You know it works. Let's make it happen.
    Edited by Preyfar on 3 February 2017 16:44
  • Pallio
    Pallio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A new stat: LUCK.. Improved RNG on drops.
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Free Chapter upgrade if you subbed for 12 consecutive months.
  • Avidspark
    Avidspark
    ✭✭✭✭
    How about releasing Akaviri motif to ESO Plus subs?

Would be a great way to make up for NOT putting it in crown shop for about a year :s
    'Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.'
    T. Pratchett, 1948-2015 RIP, you are missed
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well... some things to think about that are more focused on recent events.

1. Offer Chapter upgrade discounts based on ESO Plus subscription loyalty (multiple concurrent months)

2. When releasing future systems that have some ESO Plus benefit, do not make the ESO Plus benefit tied to the Crown Store (like Homestead furniture cap). One example that could have been used with Homestead was increased drop rates on Furniture crafting materials and recipes for ESO Plus.

Thanks for opening this up. I am eager to see what others come up with. I know a ton have been mentioned by others, over the last few months.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having up to three cp presets without respeccing so pve and pvp set up could be different with an optional third. If you stop subbing you have to choose one of the three set ups. As a side note and not related to plus membership. tel var stones gold or ap for a gold mats.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • t3hdubzy
    t3hdubzy
    ✭✭✭✭
    A few ideas I would like to see would be

Faster horse upgrades
    Discount on expansions LOL (too soon?)
    Better chances of dropped items. Or other ways to decrease or improve the daily grind? Better chances for nodes to give more or better items
  • leandro.800ub17_ESO
    leandro.800ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    A couple of ideas tha are out of "pay to win"

5 Crown boxes per month ?
    Extra charachter Slots ?
    Exclusive ESO plus: pets / mounts / visual stuff ?
    Exclusive House decoractions ?
  • GlassHalfFull
    GlassHalfFull
    ✭✭✭✭
    A 10% increase in gold drops for hierlings
    A 10% increase in survey drops on writs
    A priority queue for Cyrodiil
    Quarterly subscription reward of pet, costume, personality, crown crate
    Curiosity is the cure for boredom, there is no cure for curiosity.
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    t3hdubzy wrote: »
    Better chances of dropped items. Or other ways to decrease or improve the daily grind? Better chances for nodes to give more or better items

Pay-2-Win much?
  • CRehrl15
    CRehrl15
    ✭✭
    I non-stop sub since Day1 on PS4!

And I would love to see the Loyality Reward back yes.
    Sadly when ESO launched on PS4 they stopped with it for NO Reason
  • paulsgruff
    paulsgruff
    ✭✭✭
    A free medium sized pack of 4 crown crates for every 30 days of subscription

A toggle-able automatic skill buyer for your mount. ESO+ will buy the mount upgrade skills, in a user chosen priority for leveling, on time for you daily, even if you don't log into that character (assuming the required gold is available in the characters inventory).
    Edited by paulsgruff on 3 February 2017 17:03
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    48 hours early access for ESO+ to all dlc, chapter releases. This is probably technically impossible though.
    Edited by timidobserver on 3 February 2017 16:54
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• sirinsidiator
    sirinsidiator
    ✭✭✭✭
    • free quick travel to wayshrines from anywhere (costs gold right now)
    • new assistant who can be sent to collect treasure maps or survey writs
    • craftbag for furniture
    • larger mailinbox
    Edited by sirinsidiator on 3 February 2017 18:44
    https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/ - My Addons - The Vault (Early updates and experimental projects) - My patreon - My blog
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bag for furniture would be super helpful.
    I love the idea of a crate or a two every month or so.
    Mount/pet reward is also a great idea.
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    - style change of any crafted/dropped gear
    - weapon dye
    - using wayshrines without any fees
    - extra storage in houses or more slots in the bank
    - doubled materials from nodes
  • Alanar
    Alanar
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love that you're looking for ways to make ESO+ more valuable, especially in the context of one fewer DLC per year. Here are a bunch of possible ideas that came to mind.
    1. Transmogrification System - seems like the Morag Tong converter is setting a precedent that could work. Fits the theme established by having dyed costumes exclusive to ESO+.
    2. Separate Cosmetic Slots - as an alternative to a transmog system, ESO+ members could get a separate set of slots for appearance vs function.
    3. More Storage - having extended bank / bag space for ESO+ could be a good fit and aligns well with the crafting bag.
    4. Higher Housing Item Caps - fits the convenience of additional storage theme
    5. Higher Housing Player Caps - if there is some wiggle room in the current player caps, it could make sense to allow the caps to be higher for ESO+ members.
    6. Discounts on Crown Store items - shamelessly borrowed from Audible, where your subscription gives you both a set amount of credit (similar to the 1500 crows/month of ESO+) AND a discount on all other purchases.
    7. Free Cosmetic Items - there have been a few special items given for certain levels of tenure, which would be nice to see continue. ESO+ could also include something like a free random cosmetic item every month.
    8. Free Crown Crates - I noticed one of the bonuses for Morrowind is a free crown crate, that could be a regular bonus gift for ESO+, maybe once every season.
    9. Build Swap System - I'd really like to see this in the base game, but could be a great ESO+ perk, a built in system that let's you easily swap champion points, armor sets, attribute points, mundus stones, and ability morphs.
    10. Respec Discounts - I'd love to see at least a 10% discount for ESO+ members for champion point / skill point / attribute point respec costs (or even more, free respecs would be amazing).
    11. Custom Crown Icons - might be interesting if ESO+ member had a few options for the crown icon when they're leading a group
    12. Enhanced Food Duration - ESO+ members could get an extra 10% added to the duration of their food
    13. Enhanced Armor Durability - ESO+ members could take 10% less armor damage
    14. Higher Laundering Cap - ESO+ members could be able to sell/launder 10% more stolen items
    15. Exclusive Daily Quest(s) - might be interesting if there was a quest line unique to ESO+
    16. Lore-Appropriate In-Game Representation - might be interesting if there was an in-game guild or club that was equivalent to ESO+ membership, maybe with locations that could only be accessed by ESO+ members
    17. Reduced Wayshrine Cost - ESO+ members could have free or reduced cost when porting to a wayshrine
    18. Heritage Armor Sets - ESO+ members could have access to armor sets that are somewhat inferior to dropped/crafted gear but which scale to your current level
    19. Reduced Horse Timer - ESO+ members could have a 10% reduction to horse feeding times (similar to current reduction to research times)
    20. Exclusive Motif - ESO+ could have an exclusive motif, similar to crown store motifs but free
    21. Better RNG - ESO+ could have a 10% chance at an extra loot drop for dropped item sets, similar to plentiful harvest but for Maelstrom Weapons, etc..
    22. Guaranteed Cosmetic Items - ESO+ could have guaranteed access to all cosmetic items, say two years after the item's initial release.
    23. More Guild Store Slots - ESO+ members could list 10% more items on guild stores
    24. Reduced Guild Store Fees - ESO+ members could pay 10% less on guild store listing and sales fees
    25. Reduced Mail / COD Fees - ESO+ members could pay 10% less on COD and mailing fees
    Edited by Alanar on 3 February 2017 17:05
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Give me more storage for equipment and faster riding skill training, I will always buy new chapters, and have already purchased every DLC you have offered, I still sub to support you, so please consider this.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Alanar Just so you are aware, this is already an ESO+ perk ;) ESO+ members get something like double the item limit in houses.
    Higher Housing Item Caps - fits the convenience of additional storage theme

Found it!
    The number of objects you can place in your home is doubled for those with an active ESO Plus membership.
    Edited by MissBizz on 3 February 2017 17:05
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • makeumrage
    makeumrage
    ✭✭✭
    - Access to all in game assitants for free
    - 1-3 crown crates each month
    - And loyalty rewards (the one posted earlier seemed cool)
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno, for those without forum access, we have created a thread on Reddit too. Please keep an eye on it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/5rv3rs/discussion_zos_is_looking_for_ideas_to_add_more/
  • UvilleBill
    UvilleBill
    ✭✭
    I'd like to see increased bank size and a subscriber-only motif set. A subscriber-only housing style is another idea.
  • UvilleBill
    UvilleBill
    ✭✭
    And every month one free respec. If you don't use it you lose it, so it can't be hoarded.
    Edited by UvilleBill on 3 February 2017 17:14
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Things like better "luck" are problematic for two reasons: First, because the best trait for something is situational. Back-bar in Cyrodiil, Defending is preferred. Traits that work well for healers don't work well for a DD. And if there are future trait rebalancings, what may be trash one patch may become BiS the next. So better "luck" is subject to editorial calls. And second, it treads too far into the P2W area.

Some of the other suggestions are things that really should be in the base game. For example, recrafting styles should be an integral part of the crafting system, and build swapping should also be in the base game (plus many key features are already covered by addons). Basic QoL fixes and improvements should be in the base game, not locked behind a subscription.

My suggestions:
    1. A loyalty system that offers perks for X number of consecutive months of subbing.
      • A discount on Chapter purchases.
      • An exclusive loyalty cosmetic item.
    2. One crown crate per month.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    - one crate per month
    - BANK SPACE
    - loyality system, i had that in other f2p mmo with paid suscription (unique stuff)
    Edited by ManDraKE on 3 February 2017 17:46
  • Kazya
    Kazya
    ✭✭✭
    * A bag for furniture (like the craftbag) - free for subs and perhaps a possibility to buy/unlock for crowns.

* Loyalty rewards returning. (pets, dyes, costumes, furniture/decorations, mounts, food/furniture recipes, free motif etc)

* A slight increase in the monthly crowns - up to 2000-2500 perhaps?

* Like with item cap in housing, doubling the player cap? (not sure if possible but one can suggest yes ;P )

* Increases drops/better chance at gold drops from hirelings, surveys and/or writs.

* Increase of gold from looting - 10% - 15% or something like that

* A couple of crown crates each month.

* Bonus character slots.

* Customization slots (similar to what swtor, rift, lotro and many others have) - 3-5slots free for subs, more unlockable with crowns or gold.

* Increasing the cap for laundering stolen items.

* Reduced timer for horse feeding.

* Increased bank and bag slots.

Might add to this later on, but this is what pops into my head right now :)

(Come to think of it, some of these might border on P2W but I honestly just wrote down things as they came to my mind and I didn't think of them as p2w so *shrugs* they remain in the list either way. )
    Edited by Kazya on 3 February 2017 20:52
    Mother Earth and Father Night gives me comfort, protection and shelter every step I take.
    Brother Sun gives me the warmth I need, while Sister Moon lit my path so I don't get lost.
    Auntie Life follows me on my journey until Uncle Death sing me the last lullaby.
    /C.O 20121122
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1. More space. Bank space, character space etc....I need more room for all this stuff this game floods me with every dungeon. Using other toons For storage is terrible poor method. :neutral:

2. Gear/skill changes made simple one button loadout changes. Yes. Maybe like an armory. :smiley:

3. Subscription Pets :smiley:

4. Cut the line Que. it is a premium service after all :wink:

• kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -Remove the 20hr wait to upgrade horses.
    -The ability to convert armor to any known style. I really hate the way the monsters sets look. Plus you can already cover them with disguises and costumes.
    -the ability to change armor and weapon traits.
  • Paha_Vaatturi
    Paha_Vaatturi
    ✭✭✭
    Hide UI button for screenshots. ;D

Jokes aside, I personally would value anything that reduces the amount of grind. More Mage's Guild level per book? Currently the book finding is by far the most annoying thing in the game.

Extra key if you do all 3 pledges per day. Normal or Vet Hard.

Some costumes or other cosmetic things that cannot be obtained in any other way.

Mmm... Way to get married and give full rights to your partner to your house. And chance to share BoE items with the partner.

Extra dailies? Soloing a normal or Vet dungeon for some hard-to-obtain rewards.

A way to flag items with something else than lock. Like giving bunch of items a custom group. The items would then stack under that headline.

Wardrobe were you can store all your slotted items, CP settings and slotted abilities.

An access to in-game lottery. A small chance to become a millionaire.

Monthly supply of a random survey.

Some absolutely bonkers events/quests that can be accessed for very limited time. You get a rewards box that has a secret content. The box can only be opened after the event.

Oh yeah, and everyone, be gentle. This is just brainstorming without having any self criticism.