The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Ideas for ESO Plus

• Darkstorne
    Darkstorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Loyalty Rewards are great suggestions, but anything like account bound achievements / mount training absolutely shouldn't be ESO+ exclusive.

SWTOR's sub model is punishing non-subs with arbitrary restrictions. It doesn't come across as a benefit for subscribers, but a punishment for not subscribing. You're already starting down that path with "double housing items for subscribers". What's that providing, really? It's not a benefit to subs, it's merely a restriction to non-subs. Please, no more of that. It can only lead to negative impressions of a great game. Housing limits should be the same for everyone. Achievements should be account wide for everyone (dye unlocks already are). Mount training should be account wide for everyone if you ever go that route.

GENUINE benefits to subs would be loyalty rewards to thank us for our ongoing support, or free Crown Crates each month, or free Crown Gems, or increasing the EXP bonus, or priority queues for Cyrodiil and Battlegrounds, or free character slots, etc. You should also consider increasing the monthly Crowns, or simply getting your pricing structure back in line. Mounts are either packed into Crown Crates these days (yuck, and crazy expensive) or sold individually at insulting prices (4000 Dro m'Athra, 4500 Elk). Clothing is also sold separately instead of in packs of three, working out more expensive. We pay the same monthly amount, but Crowns are massively devalued. Inflation is a b****.
    Edited by Darkstorne on 4 February 2017 14:46
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bringing back loyalty rewards for total months subbed would be good. You already have the ice wraith, dwemer sphere, jester costume, and the tiger senche. You just mark those at 3, 6, 9, and 12 months respectively. You can add recolors of pets like the scutler and the monkey, move to 18 and 24 months respectively, and that'll buy you some time to think up a costume or something for those approaching 3 years of subbing. Just as an example.

Transmog, being able to convert items to any learned style, like with Imperial or Morag Tong, only at the cost of a style item. Would still be bound, like the current system or dyeing. This is a nice perk rather than an essential quality of life mechanic that would work tied to the sub.

Of course my first reaction would be more crowns, or free crown crates. Although that would pretty much destroy the value of the smaller crown packs, and the more I think of it, would prefer not to deal with crates, even for free. Better idea, sales in the crown store for subscribers, or a general discount. This makes the crowns subbers get have more value without hurting crown pack values.

My only other idea, access to "discontinued" items section of the crown store for subscribers.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    First, thank you for addressing the concerns that people have been expressing for the last couple of days. Such communication is a good start and I can say I, at least, appreciate the effort on your part to partake in the discussion.

That said, I absolutely agree that QoL updates, as well as p2w (increased RNG, etc) should stay out of subscriber benefits (with the latter staying out of the game entirely).

My suggestions:
    1. Loyalty rewards, as others have said. Costumes, pets, mounts, etc at subsequent 3, 6, 9, and 12 month marks. Making maintaining the subscription worth it.
    2. Subbing for a subsequent 6 months (or something) prior to a chapter release entitles those who maintained their sub to a discount.
    3. While sub is active, discount on crown items.
    4. Increase crown allotment to 2000 to account for crown inflation, and/or add crown gems. I personally don't want RNG crates, but if I started with the gems, I might get some of the rewards.
    Edited by heaven13 on 4 February 2017 14:59
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • Jackey
    Jackey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Loyalty rewards

2. Add a limited time ESO+ bundle during Q2 which gives you 1 year of ESO+ and the new chapter.
    Maybe add some exclusive cosmetics in there too.
    Edited by Jackey on 4 February 2017 14:55
    PS | EU
  • Fudly_budly
    Fudly_budly
    ✭✭✭✭
    - Full-grown assistants

Another idea would be to have to banker assistant, smuggler assistant and merchant assistant fully unlocked for ESO+ members (which means, they would provide the same service as their open world counterparts : guild store, guild bank, repairs..)

^^
    this!
    and furniture storage bags
    Rule #1: RL trumps gaming.
    Rule #2: True immersion is RL.
    Rule #3: RL lag is wonderful.
    Rule #4: People matter. Pixels do not.
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you're not including an extra character slot when introudicng new classes with a Chapter (which we don't know; we just know two will be available for crown purchase), perhaps adding a character slot for those who've subbed a certain amount of time prior to the release. However, if crown allotment is increased, this could actually be negligible.
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I must admit I'm not happy, and having to pay for Morrowind (and there really never was any doubt I would), has made me question the value of ESO+ membership.

As others have said, if Morrowind is any good (and for that money it better had be) then I'd expect to spend 99% of my time following its release in Vvardenfell, only coming out to hand in a few writs.

If I could wean myself off the crafter's bag then I'd cancel my subscription today.

In fact if they are going to stop be unsubscribing then they will have to come up with something (like the crafter's bag) that makes the game better. Nothing cosmetic, no silly mounts, or pets, or costumes I don't want, but something that makes playing the game a better experience.

And I'm not sure what they can come up with without non-subscribers complaining "P2W".
  • BergisMacBride
    BergisMacBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Repeat of most of what's been said, but here are my top ones:

1) Permanent Crown store and ESO Store discounts (including crown purchases, chapters, etc...) on all items - ?25%

2) Monthly crown payouts increased scaling to a maximum (?3000/month) based on length of subscription

3) Furniture bag\warehouse

4) Loyalty rewards
  • MyKillv2.0
    MyKillv2.0
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crown crates, I am meh about. If you want to give a small four pack each month ...ok, they are neat but nothing I would demand.

I do like the idea of returning loyalty rewards. Maybe once a month, give something small...a pet, a simple costume, maybe once a quarter/year a skin. Something that says "thanks" but nothing over the top.

More than that, I do think it is time for a crown increase. Not to sound entitled but inflation has occurred in the game with crown cost. I think a bump up to 2k or 2.5k would be fair
  • Mysticman
    Mysticman
    ✭✭✭
    You guys do know that this is just a ZOS ploy to stop the complaining about ESO+ (and it's working too), and nothing on your ESO+ wish list will every make it into the game.
  • Astanphaeus
    Astanphaeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Siege Bags, so all my siege aren't taking up ridiculous amounts of inventory.
  • Fetaro
    Fetaro
    ✭✭✭
    • Transmog
    • 50% cost reduction when teleporting
    • A monthly crown crate
    • Some monthly crown gems
    • Increased bag & bank space
    • Chapters Early Access (at least 3 days of EA)
    • 60/60/60 mounts without training required
    • Account-wide Achievements and Titles
    • Exclusive Crown Store items
    • More auction slots
    • (Retroactive) Loyalty Rewards
    Edited by Fetaro on 4 February 2017 16:13
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make the increased rate of experience gain for subscribers toggle-able so those of us that want to take their time can switch it off. The experience-gain-rate increase is the one single thing that's stopped me from re-subbing after coming back after figuring out what went wrong with my launcher back in mid-2014. I'm not interested in reaching end-content ASAP and even the normal 'vanilla' level of experience gain is sometimes -but not often- slightly too fast for my taste. I'm here to play, not to race.

This would be great, much like in EQ2 with an experience slider so you can set the pace of advance at the level you want. It's not so essential as it was before One Tamriel but it would still be useful, albeit perhaps as a general QoL improvement rather than as a subscriber perk.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One thing I would not want to see as a benefit perk is more emotes. I can't be the only player who thinks they are a complete waste of time. If some want them fine, shove them on the Crown Store by all means but don't offer them as a reward for subscribing!
    Edited by Tandor on 4 February 2017 16:22
  • Deceptive_Yoshi
    Deceptive_Yoshi
    ✭✭✭
    You could

Give us x amount of crates
    Reduce 20h horse upgrade to something else for eso+
    Bank space!!!
    special eso+ only discounts on the crown store
    transmog
    weapon dye
  • Fudly_budly
    Fudly_budly
    ✭✭✭✭
    Siege Bags, so all my siege aren't taking up ridiculous amounts of inventory.

great point!
    siege weapons should stack. That they don't is simply stupid.
    Rule #1: RL trumps gaming.
    Rule #2: True immersion is RL.
    Rule #3: RL lag is wonderful.
    Rule #4: People matter. Pixels do not.
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, modular personalities would be amazing as well. I'd love to be able to mix and match different idles and emote overrides to make a truly custom personality for my characters! This fits in well with the general theme of allowing subscribers a boost to customizability while not hindering base-game players.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Balamoor
    Balamoor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think realistic suggestions would be.

More Inventory space
    Added Character slot with a discount on buying a second
    Two Crown Crates per month without messing with the current RNG.
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not want RNG Boxes as a ESO+ reward, but I wouldn't oppose to a fixed, certain number of Crown Gems per subscription month that allowed us who subscribe to directly buy the things we want that ended up in the RNG Boxes.

Also, the return of loyalty rewards. Not necessarily the same loyalty rewards we had before subscription became optional, but still, some sort of loyalty reward.
    Edited by Abeille on 4 February 2017 17:26
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • HunterKurza
    HunterKurza
    Soul Shriven
    • Free WayShrine travel. Would be nice so we don't have to worry about the costs creeping up on us.
    • Ability to train horses an extra time per day or maybe lower the time to 10 hours per train as opposed to 20
    • Ability to cue up research traits
    • 10% bonus to AP earned. Not sure if this is included already but want to mention none the less
    • 10% bonus to Tel Var stones
    • Additional Enlightenment
    • Ability to recolour mounts
    Edited by HunterKurza on 4 February 2017 17:46
  • corrosivechains
    corrosivechains
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't devalue crowns. That's the simplest. Morrowind doesn't need to be a day 1 crown store release obviously, but having the intention of it being a crown store item a month or 2 after release would to much to maintain subscription retention. Yes, you'll have a chunk of subscribers who wait to pay with their backlogged crowns, but you'll still have the same number of people, if not more, being more than happy to pre-order because they feel they are dealing with an honest and up front company.

People are more willing to support a company that's transparent with fair customer service and rewards than one that keeps changing their business model every year to the detriment of their loyal fanbase. And crowns have a real monetary value which you attributed to them.
    "Could you post me a link to the official MMO rule book please." - clayandaudrey_ESO
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A transmogrification system, a way to change the look of items

It would get me doing dungeons as the main reason I don't at the moment is because I don't like the appearance of most of the dropped sets

It would also give us more reason to buy crown motifs o:)
  • Streega
    Streega
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a subscriber, all I want is return of loyalty rewards and access to monthly Surprise Sale of Crown Store merchandise (ex. first weekend of each month it could be 5 different and undisclosed items from "old" offer, 25% off).

Furthermore, for every month subscribed you can choose ONE of the bonus rewards, like:
    - 10 riding lessons
    - 1 bank or bag space upgrade
    - One Crown Crate or some Crown Gems
    - ?

What I DON'T WANT to see is:
    - Transmog (it should be a reward for Master Crafters for achieving lvl 50 in the craft AND researching all 9 traits in everything)
    - Free/reduced Wayshrine tp cost (useless)
    - Priority queue for Cyrodiil (deal with it)
    - Increased loot, surveys, drops, whatever (P2W)
    - Reduced horse training timer - free riding lessons are better solution (most of us can't login more than once a day anyway).
    ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃ Don't-Care-Bear ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃
    PC EU "House Tertia" - Friendly Guild for Mature Folks (housetertia.com)
    PC EU "Priests of Hircine" - Awesome Guild for Friendly Werewolves (free bites!)
    Member of "Guild Masters United"
    Master Angler
  • wrrn519_ESO
    wrrn519_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    So many other people had crown crates allotment per month and others are saying things that may do something of to the extent of pets like we had when we first had to pay a month sub fee to just play and we received a crab and other vanity pets. I was thinking you guys might do something similar to the hirelings.

1. Hireling brings us once a week a epic motif that we can either sell or learn and there is a small percentage chance that the motif might be legendary.
    2. 4-5 Crown crates per month
    (I dont feel that we should get a transmog because that should already be in the game for everyone)
    3. Hireling will bring one random item per day that could be anything from housing item to a riding skill or something in that nature. Nothing that will make the game buy to win was my only concern
    4. Unlimited Bank space similar to unlimited crafting bag
  • Rastoric
    Rastoric
    ✭✭✭
    Ability to sell more items on trade guilds.
    Ability to have a Trader in Housing.
    Just Say No! to changing Sorcerer Magicka skills to Stamina.
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ability to pay 500g per day to increase all three of the mount traits by 1.
    50% reduction in Craft Research times.
    1x Free Crown Crate/month.

All The Best
    Edited by Gandrhulf_Harbard on 4 February 2017 18:39
    Those memories come back to haunt me, they haunt me like a curse.
    Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse.
  • Acid_Glow
    Acid_Glow
    ✭✭✭
    Its to late for that I would suggest fixing everything that's wrong with the game in general on all platforms Bug/glitches/etc.. I wouldn't mind paying $15 a month just to play the game just like FFXIV if it were to help out with costs an if everything was in order with the server and their maintenance and patch's even I understand that they need to be approved from Sony/Microsoft.

But on another note give a boon so that its not a drag for leveling Mage's Guild.... please
    Edited by Acid_Glow on 5 February 2017 03:07

PS4 Username AcidGlow
    {}Guilds{}
    Marmalade Boys
    ============================================ Characters ======================================================
    Morel Mackernasy Mag DK DPS
    Fuji-tora Magicka Mag Sorc DPS
    Heals-with-Skooma Healer
    Sajin Komamura Stam Night Blade Khajiit DPS
    Fire-King ReinHeardt Orc Stam DK DPS

• Mahhdy
    Mahhdy
    ✭✭

1. Furniture bag.
    2. Available unique personality/personalities during the ESO+ membership. (and/or costume(s))
    3. Title for X months (total)subbed time (for example: Supporter).

Not too much, but balanced :) (and not P2W options)
    Oromon (Sorcerer)
    Guild master of Asperatus hungarian guild. (Aldmeri Dominion)

PC/EU
  • Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For alot of people it'll be too little too late, maybe think of ways to improve ESO+ before reducing it's value after not providing promised content lol
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
  • ShdwMstr
    ShdwMstr
    Increased bank space, increased luck with RNG, merchant assistant will repair armor, decreased time for max mount speed