Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Anyone else has ESO Plus removed today?

• Decon98b16_ESO
    Decon98b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    So this is what I have been able to figure out from researching the forums and my own investigations:

This is a Steam problem. It was probably caused by ZOS's account upgrade/change. Imo, it changed how Steam authenticates the users that have ESO premium. I think that Steam needs to make a change to reflect the ZOS's account changes. If this is the case, since ESO is a pebble in the ocean when it comes to Steam's customers, it could take awhile for this change to happen.

So here is what I figure is happening currently with trying to bypass Steam authentication:
    - if you have an ZOS game account created thru ZOS and then linked to Steam - the work around I previous mentioned in the above post will work.
    - if you purchased the game thru Steam, you have to wait for the fix
    - if you do not want to wait for the fix, you could try downloading the entire game from ZOS and go in that way.
    I tried that a few months ago but found that Steam offered to move the game directory to another drive if c: drive did not have the space. ZOS does not, you have to make space or it will not download.

I noted that I get into the game and my toons faster not going thru Steam

Good Luck
    Options
  • Kendo12
    Kendo12
    ✭✭✭
    This is not Steams problem, ZOS caused this
    Options
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kendo12 wrote: »

How do you figure that. I'm NA/PC, non-Steam, and have no problems with my account. It seems the only ones with problems are Steam accounts.
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
    Options
  • Decon98b16_ESO
    Decon98b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Actually is it not both?
    Steam is still selling the game and must know that it is not working properly.
    If you were to purchase the game yesterday or today, you would not get the ESO premium, I believe

How would one feel about that
    Options
  • Decon98b16_ESO
    Decon98b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Just took a Steam Update
    Logged in via Steam and my ESO Premiums was there again
    Options
  • FleetwoodSmack
    FleetwoodSmack
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually is it not both?
    If you were to purchase the game yesterday or today, you would not get the ESO premium, I believe

The thing is, is that this happened specifically after this recent account maintenance patch. ZoS initiated the problem, which ZoS has to have a fix for. If it was Steam itself, ZoS wouldn't be able to do much about it and they'd have told us to take our concerns to them. Usually that's how customer service in this game follows.
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies!
    Options
  • Decon98b16_ESO
    Decon98b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Actually is it not both?

The thing is, is that this happened specifically after this recent account maintenance patch. ZoS initiated the problem, which ZoS has to have a fix for. If it was Steam itself, ZoS wouldn't be able to do much about it and they'd have told us to take our concerns to them. Usually that's how customer service in this game follows.

See above your post - Steam client update just happened
    Options
  • Melethgil
    Melethgil
    Soul Shriven
    Just so people know, my ESO+ works again
    Options
  • Kevin_of_Devinshire
    WooHoo, the Steam/ESO+ issue is resolved.

o54McqC-pfOzD04az-NfYBhC_itS8I1soWa8k0O-xL0?size=1600x1200&size_mode=3
    Options
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Working for me too. :)
    SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
    Options
  • Indigo_Shade
    Indigo_Shade
    ✭✭✭
    Have ESO+ now. Steam updated. Closed Steam. Re-launched Steam. Ran Steam ESO Launcher, logged into Game. Also had an in-game Notification that all Materials had been moved from Inventory and Bank to crafting bag.

Buffs and DLC zones are now accessible and viewable as well.

Whew! That's all I can say.

Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Just to follow up, we are working on deploying the fix as many of you have begun to notice, but are still validating that everything is functioning properly. We'll let you know once we're 100% in the clear. :)
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Ok guys, the issue with ESO Plus should now be resolved. Thanks so much for your patience. If you continue to experience any issues, please submit a ticket with Customer Support.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Valve
    Valve
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok guys, the issue with ESO Plus should now be resolved. Thanks so much for your patience. If you continue to experience any issues, please submit a ticket with Customer Support.

Finally, thanks!
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyerx4
    Flawless Conqueror all Classes
    3rd Anniversary!
    Guar Squad
    Options
  • DagmarSLNY

How do you figure that. I'm NA/PC, non-Steam, and have no problems with my account. It seems the only ones with problems are Steam accounts.

It's not Valve's job to proactively check for changes that the game publisher makes to the game. That is 100 percent on the publisher. With Xbox and PS the companies require changes to undergo a certification period to avoid issues like this but since Valve doesn't impose that on game publishers that use Steam as a distribution and launch point it's ZOS that should work ahead of time with Valve to ensure that updates don't have these kind of issues.
    Edited by DagmarSLNY on 20 January 2017 00:17
    Options
  • Wojownik303
    Gotta say bye-bye free one day Craft Bag then.
    Options
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DagmarSLNY wrote: »
    It's not Valve's job to proactively check for changes that the game publisher makes to the game. That is 100 percent on the publisher. With Xbox and PS the company's require changes to undergo a certification period to avoid issues like this but since Valve doesn't impose that on game publishers that use Steam as a distribution and launch point it's ZOS that should work ahead of time with Valve to ensure that updates don't have these kind of issues.

That kind of "discussion" about "who's fault is it" is probably what took 90% of the delay in solving the problem...

Options
  • Indigo_Shade
    Indigo_Shade
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks Gina!
    Options
  • Jemcrystal
    Jemcrystal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you zos for giving my mats back and taking care of the problem swifty.
    0WI3JMa.gif

ps - that is not sarcasm i was one of the ones who got a free craftbag trial for a day : )
    Edited by Jemcrystal on 20 January 2017 10:15
    Options
  • Gandamir
    Gandamir
    ✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno Thank you for getting this fixed. However the question still remains unanswered though if you will be extending our ESO+ for the time that was lost due to this issue. Can you please respond?
    Options
  • Fudly_budly
    Fudly_budly
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gandamir wrote: »

@ZOS_GinaBruno Thank you for getting this fixed. However the question still remains unanswered though if you will be extending our ESO+ for the time that was lost due to this issue. Can you please respond?

thanks. Good to know I'm not the only one who is wondering this?
    So, politely, calmly I am respectfully requesting @ZOS_GinaBruno to address our inquiry. Thank you.
    I did post a reasonable request previously as well.
    Rule #1: RL trumps gaming.
    Rule #2: True immersion is RL.
    Rule #3: RL lag is wonderful.
    Rule #4: People matter. Pixels do not.
    Options
  • syntaxsue_ESO
    syntaxsue_ESO
    ✭✭

So, politely, calmly I am respectfully requesting @ZOS_GinaBruno to address our inquiry. Thank you.

I agree, and am also wondering if there will be any compensation. A few hours without getting what you paid for is one thing - stuff happens - but two days is another thing, and time without service should be compensated.
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I would not be waiting around for a Community Manager to answer.

If you have a ticket, make sure it is updated to reflect the number of days you played and were denied ESO Plus. If you did not write a ticket, do it, and document how many days you were denied ESO Plus. In both cases, ask for an extension of that many days to your subscription.

If they do anything, my guess is that they will just punt it to Customer Support and let them handle it on a case-by-case basis. Only people who ask for it will have a chance of getting it.

The Elder Scrolls Online: Grind Road

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • Ozzfest
    Ozzfest
    ✭✭✭
    Really? No compensations ?
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Options
  • DagmarSLNY
    Ozzfest wrote: »

This has generally been the response I'm given on these matters for MMO games:
    62627985.jpg
    Options
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really?

You wren't prevented from playing, 'plus' bonuses are at best marginal, yes it's annoying, no it's not a major impediment to playing so no entitlement to compensation IMO ... yes, I used the 'e' word, seemed kind of appropriately I think.
    Edited by KerinKor on 24 January 2017 17:11
    Options
  • Decon98b16_ESO
    Decon98b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    KerinKor wrote: »
    Really?

You wren't prevented from playing, 'plus' bonuses are at best marginal, yes it's annoying, no it's not a major impediment to playing so no entitlement to compensation IMO ... yes, I used the 'e' word, seemed kind of appropriately I think.

The game is free to play but the ESO Premium service is not.
    I paid for a month (30 days is ESO terms) for the ESO premium.
    I am currently going to receive just under 29 days of the ESO premium service I paid for.
    I held up my part of the contract by paying and ESO took my money. It is now up to ESO to hold up their part of the agreed contract.

Fun fact - I received an email from ESO support exactly one week ago from today that said the ESO Premium service had been restored. I replied back that they owed me 1 day credit.
    Today I received their reply - it was the exact same response as last week - word for word. So I copied pasted my last week's response and sent back in. Let's see how long this inter-game goes.

Options
  • syntaxsue_ESO
    syntaxsue_ESO
    ✭✭
    There's still no response from ZOS on compensation for Steam players who missed at least 2 days of ESO+? C'mon ZOS why are you not responding? In game tickets have been submitted and the only reply is "It's working now, please log out and log back in." Nothing at all said about extending ESO+ the number of affected days, or anything.
    Options