Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Anyone else has ESO Plus removed today?

• Kodrac
    Kodrac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I know I sound salty but really, Steam is the worst piece of software I've seen since Norton...

Ewww ouch. That's low.
    Edited by Kodrac on 18 January 2017 20:23
    Options
  • Nullmagic
    Nullmagic
    ✭✭
    Quick update: The fix for this issue is currently being tested. We'll let you know as soon as the fix is live.

Gina? Fix didn't work, or?
    Options
  • WanderingBeithe
    WanderingBeithe
    ✭✭✭
    Me three... PC EU
    If it has a tail it is meant to be eaten.

Options
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    wayfarerx wrote: »
    I'll admit to not trying today, but I did a few weeks ago when there was some login issues through Steam. I had an old early access account that I linked to Steam and was still able to run the executable directly and login with my user/pass.

Maybe it's changed in the last month, IDK. I'll probably try at lunch time and see if it still works.

Please do. We thought it was cool until Steam was down for some reason or another recently. Tried to log in via the normal client (which was still installed) and were really shocked to see that we couldn't. Instant regret.

@theivorykitty

Okay, can now confirm. I log in through Steam and ESO+ is not active.

Then I tried:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online\game\client\eso64.exe

wayfarerx/******

Logged in, ESO+ active.

Might not work if you signed up through Steam to start with, but most definitely works with old accounts that were later linked to Steam.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
    Options
  • AjiBuster499
    AjiBuster499
    ✭✭✭
    I'll admit to not trying today, but I did a few weeks ago when there was some login issues through Steam. I had an old early access account that I linked to Steam and was still able to run the executable directly and login with my user/pass.

Maybe it's changed in the last month, IDK. I'll probably try at lunch time and see if it still works.

Please do. We thought it was cool until Steam was down for some reason or another recently. Tried to log in via the normal client (which was still installed) and were really shocked to see that we couldn't. Instant regret.

@theivorykitty

Then I tried:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online\game\client\eso64.exe

wayfarerx/******

Logged in, ESO+ active.

Might not work if you signed up through Steam to start with, but most definitely works with old accounts that were later linked to Steam.

Works.
    tfw your sig gets wound back in time.
    Pterenophobia is the fear of being tickled by feathers.
    Options
  • Jemcrystal
    Jemcrystal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ETA for the fix on this? I'm also a Steam linked.
    Options
  • Fudly_budly
    Fudly_budly
    ✭✭✭✭
    PC NA So. I'm linked through Steam and just logged with no pop-up warning and eso+ active. Dunno..ZOS; just dunno anymore...
    no pop-up
    but no craft bag so still broken sorry
    Edited by Fudly_budly on 18 January 2017 21:40
    Rule #1: RL trumps gaming.
    Rule #2: True immersion is RL.
    Rule #3: RL lag is wonderful.
    Rule #4: People matter. Pixels do not.
    Options
  • Valve
    Valve
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey, give all of us affected compensation!
    5000 crowns!

Seriously though, please fix this.

I like to launch through Steam but now I can't access my DLC if I do so because of no sub despite having 60 days left...
    Sure, it's an old account (from launch) now linked with Steam but it's still frustrating and makes even less sense how this can have happened.
    Edited by Valve on 18 January 2017 21:40
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyerx4
    Flawless Conqueror all Classes
    3rd Anniversary!
    Guar Squad
    Options
  • aubrey.baconb16_ESO

@theivorykitty

Then I tried:

wayfarerx/******

Logged in, ESO+ active.

Works.

And for me too. As above I'm a steam convert but ESO+ still works using the old loader.
    Options
  • Fudly_budly
    Fudly_budly
    ✭✭✭✭
    Got to ask @ZOS_GinaBruno is it:
    a. ok to bypass Steam Loader?
    b. Play with Steam Loader anyway?
    any guidance?
    Options
  • InfiniteGamer
    I'm having this issue as well, I hope it gets fixed soon
    Options
  • Decon98b16_ESO
    Decon98b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Deleted by author

Edited by Decon98b16_ESO on 19 January 2017 09:03
    Options
  • Decon98b16_ESO
    Decon98b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Got to ask @ZOS_GinaBruno is it:
    a. ok to bypass Steam Loader?
    b. Play with Steam Loader anyway?
    any guidance?

If you currently play thru Steam, you can not bypass it.
    Options
  • Fudly_budly
    Fudly_budly
    ✭✭✭✭
    guess I misread what @wayfarerx posted earlier. Looked like a Steam bypass. sorry
    Options
  • syntaxsue_ESO
    syntaxsue_ESO
    ✭✭
    I've read every page of this post, I've seen what the admin has said, I'm uncertain of the timezone this is taking place in, but it appears that this has been ongoing since Monday's maintenance. My husband's account is still affected by whatever is causing this, he still doesn't have his ESO Plus. He purchased ESO through Steam, and linked his account, but the ESO Plus subscription was purchased through ESO's website directly.

He's tried the "work arounds" suggested, and he's launched the game with bethesda_net.exe, eso.exe, and eso64.exe, and the game starts, however when he enters his login info, an error message appears saying the account doesn't exist. He's tried this with and without Steam running. Is he missing a step somewhere?

**Edit** more posts coming in while I replied, someone said it can't be bypassed if coming in through steam - wish we'd have heard that earlier! >_<
    Edited by syntaxsue_ESO on 18 January 2017 23:07
    Options
  • ajopulpito
    ajopulpito
    Soul Shriven

@theivorykitty

Then I tried:

wayfarerx/******

Logged in, ESO+ active.

Works.

This worked for me and also my husband (who bought ESO through Steam and always logged in through Steam), so give it a chance. At least you'll have your bag space back and DLC access in the meantime. It does make one wonder where the f*ckup is though.
    Options
  • Fudly_budly
    Fudly_budly
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not since Monday for me. worked fine last night. It started today with eso account/store maintenance.
    Options
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It started today for me.
    Want to become Vampire? 5k @ZiRM in game.
    ESO Server Status. ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ ) SkåL!!!!!
    Options
  • Fudly_budly
    Fudly_budly
    ✭✭✭✭
    tbh I smell a rollback coming. I'm probably wrong but there it is.
    Options
  • Decon98b16_ESO
    Decon98b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Deleted by author

Edited by Decon98b16_ESO on 19 January 2017 09:04
    Options
  • Encanis
    Encanis
    Just read the forum post about people that are not ESO Plus members becoming ones.

Boy we all can guess what happened there - this is going to be ongoing for quite awhile.

K we were off by 1 on the counter so we can just run the script again using -1 right?
    What about the new members since?
    Well we do not want to rollback then we will have everyone mad at us.
    Let's stall and hope the ones affected contact us so we can manually fix theirs?
    Nah we need more time to think about this, the ones that paid, we have their money no issue there. The ones that have been given
    a bonus for all that comes with ESO Premium - well let's look at it as promotion tactic.
    We can just say thank you for your continued patience and leave it at that. Or we say nothing at all and use the
    excuse we are currently using as we are testing the fix.

OR the maintenance screwed up the code and they are working hard to fix it. Since you know complex code is SO easy to just fix, you literally just have to put in #FIXPROBLEMS//" and it works perfectly. Its not like this is a major company that has millions of accounts and they don't have to account for anything a code changes, especially dealing with PAID accounts, with personal informaiton in them. Maybe, just MAYBE they are working on the fix with minimal side effects and its taken alot longer than expected. I bet you could contribute your wealth of knowledge and get it fixed for them.

FFS, its an issue, its been addressed and sometimes the simple problems are the most difficult to fix.
    Options
  • Decon98b16_ESO
    Decon98b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Deleted by author

Edited by Decon98b16_ESO on 19 January 2017 09:04
    Options
  • Decon98b16_ESO
    Decon98b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I would advise all ESO premium members to take a current screenshot of their
    Account information showing that you are a ESO premium and how many days you have left, etc.

We have no idea what is going to happen next.

Options
  • Encanis
    Encanis
    Encanis wrote: »
    Just read the forum post about people that are not ESO Plus members becoming ones.

Boy we all can guess what happened there - this is going to be ongoing for quite awhile.

K we were off by 1 on the counter so we can just run the script again using -1 right?
    What about the new members since?
    Well we do not want to rollback then we will have everyone mad at us.
    Let's stall and hope the ones affected contact us so we can manually fix theirs?
    Nah we need more time to think about this, the ones that paid, we have their money no issue there. The ones that have been given
    a bonus for all that comes with ESO Premium - well let's look at it as promotion tactic.
    We can just say thank you for your continued patience and leave it at that. Or we say nothing at all and use the
    excuse we are currently using as we are testing the fix.

OR the maintenance screwed up the code and they are working hard to fix it. Since you know complex code is SO easy to just fix, you literally just have to put in #FIXPROBLEMS//" and it works perfectly. Its not like this is a major company that has millions of accounts and they don't have to account for anything a code changes, especially dealing with PAID accounts, with personal informaiton in them. Maybe, just MAYBE they are working on the fix with minimal side effects and its taken alot longer than expected. I bet you could contribute your wealth of knowledge and get it fixed for them.

FFS, its an issue, its been addressed and sometimes the simple problems are the most difficult to fix.

Maybe you are right but are they saying anything?
    You think something like this they would let legit ESO premium members know there is a problem - or maybe they do not know who is and who is not.

You know there is a temporary fix. EVEN if youve purchased the game through steam like me. Navigate to your steam folder, find Zenimax, click on client folder, then launch the exe. Its worked for hundreds of people so far, including myself. They have made responses. Check page 2 and 3 of this very forum where they said they "might" have found a fix and are testing it. Reddit has also had Devs post saying this is being investigated. It's even on the main page saying there are problems. Also. Did you ask in General chat if anyone is having issues, since most people have recommended the fix there. Did you check Reddit and see the currently top rated discussion regarding this? Or did you just check the forum once and then spread doom and gloom on an issue you know nothing about?
    Edited by Encanis on 18 January 2017 23:45
    Options
  • Decon98b16_ESO
    Decon98b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Deleted by author
    Edited by Decon98b16_ESO on 19 January 2017 09:05
    Options
  • bguile
    bguile
    Not since Monday for me. worked fine last night. It started today with eso account/store maintenance.

Yeah, I was gold coast early this morning, but since sometime this afternoon its not seeing my membership.
    Options
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sigtric wrote: »
    Betheny wrote: »
    Nobody can log into their account on the website, it's undergoing maintenance *points to notice above*
    Account maintenance is over. However, I have just logged in via Steam and ESO+ is still missing.

If you're account is linked to Steam, ESO+ is counted as a Steam purchase.
    Why?

To answer the why question: because steam handles the transactions through their ecosystem. It's probably got to do with contracts to get the game in the steam store, much like how console subscriptions are handled through psn and xbl

Why would a transaction I made outside Steam be counted as a Steam purchase? To whit, I purchased ESO+ from this site and pay for it via PayPal. At no stage was Steam involved nor should it be. Quite frankly, the only thing logging in via Steam gives me is that it tallies my game hours. Otherwise, Steam can go and do anatomically impossible things to itself as far as I'm concerned.

As far as I remember you have the option to get ESO plus through steam, they handle that transaction and regardless of where you got the subscription from, if you are running the steam version of the game the mechanism for this exists, and as I understand it, this mechanism is what is having trouble

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
    Options
  • Myrkr
    Myrkr
    Soul Shriven
    You know there is a temporary fix. EVEN if youve purchased the game through steam like me. Navigate to your steam folder, find Zenimax, click on client folder, then launch the exe. Its worked for hundreds of people so far, including myself.

That's great. It doesn't work.
    There are many people saying that they can't log in that way because it won't recognize their info...including myself.
    Options
  • FleetwoodSmack
    FleetwoodSmack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom This is getting absolutely ridiculous. People who aren't Steam are reporting that they're ESO+, yet those of us who have linked our accounts are still bugged. We need to have more communcation between us and whoever screwed this up to begin with as the lack of transparency with flub ups, DDoS attacks, bugs, and issues are on the rise. No news is bad news. What's the deal? Open up dialogue with us.
    Edited by FleetwoodSmack on 19 January 2017 00:29
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies!
    Options
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was it intentional to give everyone (non subs) the craft bag for free? I find this development discouraging.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
    Options