Soul Shriven
    Is there any chance of a Reachfolk house? I haven't heard of one yet
    Glory to the Forsworn
    Options
  • Llogwey
    Llogwey
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just one big question for the devs (if someone can rely the question ) :
    Earlier with Patch 2.7.2 we had access to a whole lot of furnishing plans to test them all in PTS through the Exquisite Furniture Tome... since 2.7.3 and now 2.7.4 the same item now gives access to only a very limited number of recipes, especially designs, you can only craft 4 items on the Provisioning stations 7 enchanting, 20 forge, 3 alchemy... we used to have dozens and dozens...

I noticed that since the EU chars were wiped while they had access to them... now with the new toon, no more access...

that's hard to test them all now :/

Options
  • sentientomega
    sentientomega
    ✭✭✭
    Pre-furnished Ravenhurst has a bookcase segment of books positioned rather awkwardly on top of a nightstand by the double-bed on the top floor, I'm wondering if there isn't supposed to be something else there instead, perhaps a candle? The nightstand on the other side of the bed features a small wooden trunk, so no problem there.
    Options
  • Kazya
    Kazya
    ✭✭✭
    Pre-furnished Ravenhurst has a bookcase segment of books positioned rather awkwardly on top of a nightstand by the double-bed on the top floor, I'm wondering if there isn't supposed to be something else there instead, perhaps a candle? The nightstand on the other side of the bed features a small wooden trunk, so no problem there.

Or a smalll stack of books, though the long nook row has been there since the first pts patch if I remember correct. Seems very odd indeed. Granted I don't mind having it in the house but should propbably be put elsewhere where it actually fit :)
    Mother Earth and Father Night gives me comfort, protection and shelter every step I take.
    Brother Sun gives me the warmth I need, while Sister Moon lit my path so I don't get lost.
    Auntie Life follows me on my journey until Uncle Death sing me the last lullaby.
    /C.O 20121122
    Options
  • sentientomega
    sentientomega
    ✭✭✭
    Kazya wrote: »

Or a smalll stack of books, though the long nook row has been there since the first pts patch if I remember correct. Seems very odd indeed. Granted I don't mind having it in the house but should propbably be put elsewhere where it actually fit :)

Indeed, it's sticking through one of the wooden posts there. xD

I also noticed that raindrops have been falling through the roof of the Cyrodiilic Jungle House...

I think they should check every house, make sure that upon release, no-one can sing Raindrops Are Falling Through My Roof. :p
    Edited by sentientomega on 31 January 2017 11:50
    Options
  • Kazya
    Kazya
    ✭✭✭
    Kazya wrote: »

Indeed, it's sticking through one of the wooden posts there. xD

I also noticed that raindrops have been falling through the roof of the Cyrodiilic Jungle House...

I think they should check every house, make sure that upon release, no-one can sing Raindrops Are Falling Through My Roof. :p

Or do a Sinatra (or Gene Kelly dependning who one prefer) and Singing in the rain

Edited by Kazya on 31 January 2017 14:14
    Mother Earth and Father Night gives me comfort, protection and shelter every step I take.
    Brother Sun gives me the warmth I need, while Sister Moon lit my path so I don't get lost.
    Auntie Life follows me on my journey until Uncle Death sing me the last lullaby.
    /C.O 20121122
    Options
  • Reco
    Reco
    ✭✭✭
    As I wrote elsewhere (didnt notice this thread) - 4 things:

1) No doors inside the house (non-loading screen doors) -- feels unfinished and strange.

2) Can't ride a horse in my own yard (will be very painful in large ones)

3) Most houses are ugly, without any balcony offering nice views. Only one house is pretty inside and outside.

4) Medium and large are often not fitting their size categories and prices do not match either.
    Edited by Reco on 31 January 2017 14:47
    Options
  • Zariah
    Zariah
    ✭✭✭
    The Lighting inside the Ravenhurst still doesn't work.

Everything is dark and horrible, unless you acually get close to the lightning sorce. It gets so damn dark in there when it is in the middle of the night. Please fix this before launch. I dont want to have a house filled with darkness that I can only be inside during the days to be able to see anything.

How it is normally:
    IJPnk9u.png

How it suddenly lights up when close to the lightsorce, 1 step closer then the previous picture.

A14cPZB.jpg
    Edited by Zariah on 31 January 2017 16:03
    Options
  • sentientomega
    sentientomega
    ✭✭✭
    I've noticed that logging off inside the houses still counts as logging off in an unsafe zone, so if the expression "safe as houses" is to have any meaning here, I'd strongly recommend instant logouts while inside a home, just like you'd get in a town or city.

EDIT: I've also noticed that in pre-furnished Quondam Indorilia, there is a hovering candle a nightstand should be supporting, between two beds, and there is a chair behind no desk, which, considering there is another desk and chair nearby, would seem to make no sense.
    Edited by sentientomega on 31 January 2017 21:12
    Options
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm inside the Cyrodilic Jungle House and it is raining INSIDE the house... I sure hope this gets fixed before live and only affects some houses, @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
    Options
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tevalaur wrote: »
    I'm inside the Cyrodilic Jungle House and it is raining INSIDE the house... I sure hope this gets fixed before live and only affects some houses, @ZOS_GinaBruno

This affects a lot of houses that I've been in.
    Options
  • Sir_Xalvador
    Sir_Xalvador
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

I am wanting to get Daggerfall Overlook, I am seeing a lot of land behind the castle that we could use since it is part of the land of the castle, I also see land in the back of the castle with in it's walls that we can not get to at all, in both cases there is an invisible wall, but to the land within the walls there is not even a back door that we can get to it. I am wondering if there is any way this can be fix since the most expensive in DC, so that we can use all the land available.

Thanks
    Sir_Xalvador
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So now we've confirmed that the Nibenese furniture items are on sale in Crown Store bundles at Homestead launch, can we have the Colovian furnishings back in the Colovian houses and available for à la carte purchase and/or crafting like all the other racial styles that match houses? Thanks!
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • Akrasjel
    Akrasjel
    ✭✭✭✭
    What @Enodoc wrote.

How will we aquire Imperial Common, Imperial Noble and Imperial Simple furniture(Thats the Colovian one?) that i see in @Enodoc spreedsheet ?
    [PC][EU][Daggerfall Covenant]
    Akrasjel Lanate - Imperial Nightblade | 50 | CP900+
    Born: 2E 551

Member of: | Traders of the Covenant | Hammerfell Trading | Imperial Trading Company |
    Houses: Strident Springs Demesne,

Options
  • Llogwey
    Llogwey
    ✭✭✭✭
    Imperial Simple, Noble and Common have been totally removed in 2.7.4 ... they are no more retrived with datamining the itemID just vanished ... so I suppose these won't exist for the time being

Options
  • Firestar_
    Firestar_
    ✭✭✭
    I'm assuming this is also the case with the blue Redguard table runner I had last patch.
    Firestar - Imperial Templar - Ebonheart Pact
    Reasons-For-War - Argonian Dragonknight - Ebonheart Pact
    Pearl Winterstone - Orc Sorcerer - Ebonheart Pact
    Jerro - Dunmer Nightblade - Daggerfall Covenant
    Options
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know this has been said several times and will be said several more but we need seperate storage for housing items and furnishings. For starters is we can't at release, allow us to deposit them in to guild banks. We really need a tab or bag for storage as well.
    Edited by Krainor1974 on 1 February 2017 19:50
    Options
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    GuesssWho wrote: »
    Is there any chance of a Reachfolk house? I haven't heard of one yet.
    Are you a contrarian who wants Molag Bal to meld Tamriel with his plane of Oblivion? :neutral:

Currently, each Homestead has an architectural style of one of the playable races. Whether ZOS has any plans to offer Homesteads in the future for NPC races, ethnic groups, and cults, such as the Worm Cult and the "Reachmen" remains to be seen.

At present we can craft gear with some NPC racial styles, such as the Daedra, and equip it for our PCs. Which can be "interesting" in a group since I can't distinguish our enemies from my companions. So maybe ZOS will offer Homesteads that are appropriate for those styles, for such Player Characters to purchase and use, too.

Edited by Shadowshire on 1 February 2017 23:25
    --- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
    Options
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert
    Enodoc wrote: »
    So now we've confirmed that the Nibenese furniture items are on sale in Crown Store bundles at Homestead launch, can we have the Colovian furnishings back in the Colovian houses and available for à la carte purchase and/or crafting like all the other racial styles that match houses? Thanks!
    Removing the Colovian furnishings has been a very significant error. It has substantially diminished the initial interest and enthusiasm which I had with respect to obtaining a Homestead. As time passes, and as I learn more about the features and the costs, the less significant and less interesting the whole prospect becomes. The only things that I hate more than quick-and-dirty software design and implementation are Willie Make It, Whack-A-Mole and grinding, grinding, grinding.

Options
  • Arciris
    Arciris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like an option to remove or hide the houses and other buildings completely.

What if I just wanted a piece of jungle to RP a werewolf in Hircine's Grounds?
    What if I don't like the stables or any other structure?
    What if I just wanted a fisherman's cabin near a river, a lake or on the beach?
    What if I simply want to play as an architect and build my own house from scratch?

A very simple example of this is the AD manor: there's a small river that ends in a small lake but there's a dock built in already.
    Some may want it, some others may dislike it. We just need more options to fully customize the space we are purchasing.

Another example: I love the Grand Topal Hideaway but I will not buy it as I completely dislike the structures that come with it. I just wanted to build my own small tree house and having buildings already placed in there totally ruins it for me.

I realize that it might not be reasonably doable in a near future, but maybe it could be something that you might consider doing?
    As an alternative, it would be nice if you could just come up with new "houses" that are just virgin land.

Thanks for reading :)

Options
  • LuxanQualta
    LuxanQualta
    ✭✭✭

Did you complete the initial quest to acquire your apartment? Did you run into any issues?

No

Home Previewing
    Were you able to successfully preview a home and buy it with gold?
    How did you preview the home? Did you do it via the Crown Store, Collections UI, or just walk up to the door?
    Were you able to figure out how to switch between previewing a furnished/unfurnished home?

Yes to all

Furnishing Sourcing
    Were you able to purchase and place furnishings from Achievement Furnishers?
    Were you able to purchase furnishings from Zanil Theran the Luxury Furnisher?
    Did you get any Undaunted Busts from dungeon bosses? If so, which one was your favorite?

Yes to the first two. Did not do undaunted during my test.

Specialty Furnishings
    Were you able to find the reprints of Shalidor’s Library books, place them, and read them?
    Did you understand how to use the various light sources?
    Were you able to sit on chairs, both in a home and throughout the world? Was it clear which chairs you could sit on?

Yes to all

Were you able to allow or restrict other players to enter your home?

Yes, but decorator permissions are broken.

Did you duel inside your home? How was the experience?

Do not want dueling in my house - I want a peaceful retreat and should have option to turn off dueling.

Did you like the housing-related achievements and titles?

Yes

Which was your favorite home, and why?

Hunding's Palace - nice environment and plenty of room

What did you think of the prices for each home?

Too high for most players

Are you an ESO Plus member?

Yes

Do you have any other general feedback?

Yes - will continue with additional posts.
    Options
  • LuxanQualta
    LuxanQualta
    ✭✭✭
    Pets

Not being able to change pets and mounts inside a homestead is a definite drawback. While I understand that these are placed as static objects in the decorating editor, I think it diminishes the fun of a house, if you can't change your mount or even see your pet. What kind of home is it, if you can't have your favorite pet? Not my idea of a home.

Travel

Travel to the homestead homes via the map is a nice feature. What is missing is a way to teleport back to wherever you were. The door to each place should offer a choice of exiting to the outside or using it as a wayshrine. Perhaps the door could include a clickable crystal allowing it to be used as a wayshrine.

Crown Store Decorating Previews

Some large objects do not display at a distance appropriate to see the actual object. Seeing the facing of a statue's base is not helpful.

Crown Store Selection

I was only able to find the blacksmith crafting station. What about the others. It seems to me that all of them should be available.

Disappearing Decorations

* Dog cage
    * Statue of Ysgamor
    * Fireplace burning logs
    * Pets
    * Assistants
    * Mounts

Decorator Privilege

Total failure. F5 key is hard coded to return you to the gate of a friend's home making it impossible to use that key to decorate. Changing key bindings in setting did not work.

Fireplace fire animation

Did not work

Cooking fire animation

Did not work
    Options
  • LuxanQualta
    LuxanQualta
    ✭✭✭
    House Purchases

Houses purchased with in-game gold should have at a minimum a bed, fire in fireplaces, a table, and a chair to get people started.

Housing Prices

This is a game and it should be fun. The pricing scheme almost immediately sucks the fun out of the game for most players who are going to find it hard to buy more than a small room or dinky house. While I can afford to buy a couple large houses and several others, this is not the case for most players. I doubt more than a handful of the 500 people in my guild can afford one of the larger houses. Bottom-line - the prices need to be adjusted down.

Option to Buy Furnishings Package for House Acquired with Gold

There should be a crown store option to buy a decorator to add the decorations and furnishings that come with a furnished house to one purchased with in-game gold.

Decorations and Furnishing Prices

Wow - you wouldn't believe how fast a huge pile of gold can get depleted buying stuff from merchants. I know I dropped half a million on achievement trophy items in less than an hour and I only visited a few of the places where I could have acquired them. This stuff is way too expensive. The same can also be said of other furnishing from merchants.

LUA Errors

Using decorating menus continually causes LUA errors advising that I should turn off addons, which I don't have or reload, which is ridiculous since the errors start immediately when scrolling through long lists of items.

Personal Assistants

When placed in a home they should be better than the portable version; e.g. offer access to guild banks, offer repair service, and have a reduced surcharge for fencing. It is going to be really annoying to have any remote home where you can't do basic stuff without traveling some long distance to a city.

Statues

All of them need to be placeable. Ysgamor with his raised foot and no pedistal just doesn't work.

Books and Book Containers

None of the bookcases were really usable. Books do not stack on a table and trying to place more than one on a shelf is an act of total frustration. They are all the same size in a collection and should snap onto a shelf.

Options
  • LuxanQualta
    LuxanQualta
    ✭✭✭
    Decoration Packages and Banks

Why is there a restriction on placing items you acquire like a package of books into your bank. These items should be able to be stored outside the character's inventory and usable across an account.

Inventory Space

With all the new items, inventory space needs to be adjusted upward. Alternatively there should be a furnishings bag like the crafting bag.

Bank Space

With all the new items, players need more bank space.

Journal Log

The limit for open quests needs to be adjust upward to allow for all the additional housing related quests including writs.

Dueling

Home owner should be able to opt out of dueling. I can see having a house where friends can duel, but also may like to have a house that is a bit more calm and peaceful without being forced to make it private or ban duelers that break the peace.

Blueprints, etc.

Some of the basic stuff should be for sale from merchants instead of only being available from random drops or writs.

Furniture - Skald King Throne

Player ends up sitting backwards in this one.

Furniture - Aelyid Throne

Playere clips into the throne.

Decks

Small houses that have a deck should have a working deck. Hammerdeck - should be able to place items on deck area.

Item Descriptions Misleading

Example Nibenese Fountain isn't a fountain - just a large basin of water - no spraying water, no water coming out of a critter's mouth or anything remotely like a fountain. I purchased one from the crown store and it was a total disappointment.

Options
  • Leogon
    Leogon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The item limit cap is way too low even with ESO+. You're putting a wall between players and their creativity. That's my biggest gripe with housing. Well, that and the fact that there's no storage.
    Options
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did you duel inside your home? How was the experience?

Do not want dueling in my house - I want a peaceful retreat and should have option to turn off dueling.
    What did you think of the prices for each home?

Too high for most players
    Do you have any other general feedback?

Yes - will continue with additional posts.
    Certainly, the Homestead owner should be able to decide whether to allow dueling between player-characters!! However, I suspect that "dueling" is enabled by default (permanently) so that the player's characters can have combat with the Target Skeleton or the "humanoid" dummy. But the ZOS development team could modify that feature regardless.

Others have also recommended that the homeowner be enabled to evict any other player's character(s) from the Homestead at any time, whether for cause or for spite. But there is no mention of adding that to the Homestead features in the Patch Notes, and I didn't see anything about that on the Permissions UI (on the current PTS).

And yes, in my humble opinion, the Crown Store prices -- in particular -- are too d*mn high for Homesteads and no less for furnishings.

Options
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crown Store Selection

I was only able to find the blacksmith crafting station. What about the others. It seems to me that all of them should be available.
    Ummm..... on the current PTS, I could not identify any crafting workstation as available via the Housing Editor Crown Store UI. There is an item in the Workplaces category for a large cooking pot (for 50 Cr!), but I didn't buy it to see whether it was possible to do anything interactive with it, such as cooking Provisions. (It seems unlikely that it could be used for that.)

FWIW, I also found all of the errors that you listed, excepting that I didn't do anything with the Permisions UI other than look at the options.

Edited by Shadowshire on 4 February 2017 00:02

Options
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leogon wrote: »
    The item limit cap is way too low even with ESO+. You're putting a wall between players and their creativity. That's my biggest gripe with housing. Well, that and the fact that there's no storage.

And the fact that none of the bugs have been ironed out (there were actually more bugs in 2.7.4 than there were in 2.7.0).
    Options
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And the fact that none of the bugs have been ironed out (there were actually more bugs in 2.7.4 than there were in 2.7.0).

Wait until Monday and see how much bugs, lag etc happens. They always rushing to release things. I wouldn't mind if they pushed release back and fixed the problems.
    Options
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    UPDATE (2017-02-07): the bug which I describe below was corrected in a PTS patch but I have since discovered that it remains in the "live" release of the game!!!

FYI, one bug that I reported has been rectified. The Gardner House homestead in Wayrest (Stormhaven, DC) has three entrances. One is a gate through a wall into the yard, from which a PC can then enter the house through the "front door". The second is a "side" door on the left side of the house, down the street from the Y intersection where the yard gate is located. The third is the "back door" entered from a terrace (along a creek that runs behind the house) that is accessible from two streets.

Originally, a PC would always be placed outside the entrance which the PC used to enter the Homestead, regardless of the door the PC chose to "Leave Home". The jarring displacement totally trashed immersion when the PC exited through a different entrance. However, now the PC is placed outside the exit through which the PC chose to "Leave Home". So, if the PC exits through the yard gate, the PC will not be placed outside the "back door" or the "side door" when one of them was where the PC entered the Homestead -- rather, the PC will be placed outside the yard gate, of course. :smiley:
    Edited by Shadowshire on 9 February 2017 03:42

Options