Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

PTS Feedback Thread for Player Housing

• MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First, we Argonians get "mudball" housing. We're simple people and everybody has to start somewhere, right? Then, we find out that each tier of housing is essentially a bigger mudball rather than exploring some of the other unique architectural styles related to us. Next, the forums are filled with decked-out images of manors and palaces - even quaint Breton cottages and dingy bungalows - but no shots of spruced-up Argonian homesteads or outer gardens (in spite of reports of allegedly decent yards)

Your yards suck too. The Bosmer mudhut manor yard is like 3 times bigger than the Argonian one, for the same price.

Options
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dominoid wrote: »
    ... you can buy a 200 furniture "bank" by buying Humblemud...Simply use it as a storage unit and throw your pieces in there.

First, we Argonians get "mudball" housing. We're simple people and everybody has to start somewhere, right? Then, we find out that each tier of housing is essentially a bigger mudball rather than exploring some of the other unique architectural styles related to us. Next, the forums are filled with decked-out images of manors and palaces - even quaint Breton cottages and dingy bungalows - but no shots of spruced-up Argonian homesteads or outer gardens (in spite of reports of allegedly decent yards), and most commentary on them, for those of us not on the PTR, falls into the "It's made of mud. Moving on." variety. But so flows the stream, and there is enough sun on my scales to enjoy what Homestead has in store for my egg-siblings.

But now, we discover that our cultural offering to the Player Housing system is essentially the equivalent of Tamriel's own U-Stor-It franchise ghetto - a storied residential pedigree that celebrates the likes of Hiro Protagonist, Buffalo Bill's decapitated head collection, failed garage bands of every genre, Darwin-Award-winning Meth labs, and now: The entire indigenous population of Black Marsh. This isn't what I had hoped for when reading about "class balance" ;)

Pseudo-rant aside, you make a great point about acquiring non-residential homes to offload furniture storage. But I'm looking forward to seeing people share some great thematic Argonian home designs, and I hope we have at least a brief window before the "Humblemud Meta" is just a stack of semi-useless crap behind a rusty padlocked door :p

Good times.

Haha. That was great. I was simply referencing the cheapest "storage unit" in the class. It happened to be Argonian. I agree on the larger mud ball housing for Argonians. @Enodoc made a great point that the large Argonian house should have been one of the pyramid-like Argonian structures.

Edited by Dominoid on 25 January 2017 01:40
    Options
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not sure if anyone else has noticed this, but the medium Breton house in Rivenspire (the best of the 3 Breton houses IMO) is currently inhabitable in its current state, due to the lighting, which is bad in pretty much every house, but here, it is (as I compared it to in a previous thread) like being in CoS... This is a really serious issue, I'm not sure why it's so bad in this house, but I can't even decorate the place, because I can't see, unless there is a light in my face, in which case, I still cannot see :lol:

I urge you to go to this house and place some lighting down, even placing 'too much' lighting doesn't work, in fact, it makes the issue even more apparent, because the whole 'moving through the darkness to find a light so you can see' feels even more stupid when you have over 100 lights in there! Nobody else seems to be commenting on this problem, or how it seems to be affecting this particular house so badly, and if it isn't fixed soon... There are going to be some very angry customers on live demanding their money back because they are sick of living in the darkness, even after spending half of their allocated spaces on lights... :lol:
    Edited by Elara_Northwind on 25 January 2017 02:27
    Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind
    Options
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think last patch created a vicious cycle in lightning. The lightning is dim so players added more lights. ZOS fears performance problems and turns off the lights. Then players add even more lights.

How about changing some lamps to ambient versions so that one such changes the ambient light level in whole room or area?
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
    Options
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I keep seeing people request having furniture not count in inventory, make it an ESO perk, sell more bank/bag space etc. While having it not count in inventory at all would be ideal, I feel people are missing the fact that you can buy a 200 furniture "bank" by buying Humblemud for only 40,000 gold - as an example. Simply use it as a storage unit and throw your pieces in there. Need more? By another plot. It's not as bad as people are making it in my eyes. There are certainly ways it could be easier though.

Oddly enough I was thinking about this while getting ready for work this morning. In my case I was specifically thinking what I'll do is use up the 200 item limit on my (medium) house, then collect an additional 200 items, then buy 1 month of ESO Plus so I can add them to the house. But then I need somewhere to store the items while I'm collecting them.

Only difference is I was planning to use the free inn rooms and one of the apartments (which I want to buy anyway) because Humblemud will be my argonians house and she's already touchy about being the odd one out among my girls. Plus it's everyone else's stuff that would be stored, so it can go in their homes.

(Alternatively I make most of those 200 items the mages guild books so I just need to save up the gold then I can buy them once I've got ESO Plus. Or I can persuade my characters to give up on an amazing garden and/or relocate to a different alliance so I can buy several small houses instead of a medium.)
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
    Options
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeremiah87 wrote: »
    FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS, BASE GAME PATCH

Homes
    • Added a tower to Ebonheart Chateau, overlooking the nearby lava. The door to this new addition can be accessed from the courtyard.

While I can appreciate the addition of the tower I think it is the wrong way to improve the Ebonheart Chateu. The tower feels out of place and encroaches into open space, making the yard feel more cramped as there are high walls and buildings all around.

I think adding an overlook section (like the one the Daggerfall Manor has) instead of a tower to the left side of the yard would be a much better way to make use of the prime location of this estate. I will post post some quick Photoshop mock ups to illustrate what I mean below.
    Daggerfall Manor overlook area: View 1
    ktWlhym.jpg

Daggerfall Manor overlook area: View 2
    4MetfEY.jpg

Add a Dark Elf architecture themed overlook like this instead of the tower. See these mock ups:

Ebonheart Chateau overlook: View 1
    ooYH3OX.jpg

Ebonheart Chateau overlook: View 2
    lRf7MOz.jpg

This would show of the unique location and geographical features MUCH better than the current tower as well as help make the yard not feel as cramped. What do other people think?

As much as I agree on the need to improve the Ebonheart Chateau, this was perhaps the least desirable way to do it. Not only do you have to climb up the tower to actually get a view over the area, most of the view is also blocked off from the rather low hanging roof that's put over the entire tower. The point was to get a good view, and then you blocked off most of it with this roof? Come on ...

Opening up the view like the guy suggested on his pictures here would be a much better solution. And the Kragenmoor and Indoril mansions still are completely locked in. This isn't good enough, by far.

Also, why is this called the Ebonheart Chateau. Chateau is French, and would be more associated with Bretons than Dunmer. Could you at least consider a more Dunmer appropriate name for the place.
    Options
  • GrafDresche
    GrafDresche
    ✭✭✭
    It has been said before, but I really believe every house needs a Cellar / basement / dungeon. Not only for practical or architectural reasons, but even more so for lore / credibility reasons. It is hard to imagine any solidly build house in this medieval dangerous setting would not add at least some sort of cool / safe storage beneath the surface.

Please add basements. I would imagine it could be easily done without too much changes to the existing structure and design.
    Options
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It has been said before, but I really believe every house needs a Cellar / basement / dungeon. Not only for practical or architectural reasons, but even more so for lore / credibility reasons. It is hard to imagine any solidly build house in this medieval dangerous setting would not add at least some sort of cool / safe storage beneath the surface.

Please add basements. I would imagine it could be easily done without too much changes to the existing structure and design.

Actually I'd argue that there are solid lore reasons NOT to give them all cellars. I'm not sure if you're aware of this but there are large parts of the real world where cellars and other underground structures are relatively uncommon (and more often found in modern buildings) because they are architecturally impractical. Especially if you have to do all the digging by hand.

For a start all the houses in Black Marsh couldn't have cellars because the ground is permanently waterlogged. At best it'd be very damp, at worst it'd be flooded. The same might be true in High Rock, although I'm not sure because it's based on a large area of Europe with a wide range of climates. In the UK cellars are relatively uncommon, especially on small family homes, because they flood in the winter, but in Germany almost every house has one. I'm not sure where the climate of High Rocks falls on that spectrum.

But the two smaller khajiit houses are likely to be the extremes for flooding. They're built up on stilts (as are most of the other khajiit buildings) which implies the entire region is under water for part of the year, as is the case in many tropical regions which get long dry seasons followed by a monsoon. Obviously this doesn't actually happen in game, but it looks like it is part of the lore.

Meanwhile the big khajiit houses and the redguard houses are likely to have the opposite problem - they're in very dry, arid landscapes and raised up on stone foundations which implies that the ground is very soft and sandy. Digging a cellar here would be impossible because the hole would fill in nearly as fast as you dig it. (Hunding's is a double-whammy. Built on sand and so close to the water it would almost certainly flood.)

Then there's Morrowind which is mostly volanic rock which I've heard is a pain to dig through. A cellar here would likely be a very solid, secure structure once you've built it (unless they get a lot of earthquakes, but I don't know if they do) but it would be a huge amount of work to create, not something you'd expect to see for every house.

And then of course the style of the bosmer houses is totally unsuited to a cellar, and I assume the Green Pact forbids them from digging through the roots of trees (which makes digging basically impossible).

But I can't see any reason the altmer, nord, orc and imperial houses couldn't have cellars.
    Edited by Danikat on 25 January 2017 14:34
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Options
  • GrafDresche
    GrafDresche
    ✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »

Actually I'd argue that there are solid lore reasons NOT to give them all cellars. I'm not sure if you're aware of this but there are large parts of the real world where cellars and other underground structures are relatively uncommon (and more often found in modern buildings) because they are architecturally impractical. Especially if you have to do all the digging by hand.

For a start all the houses in Black Marsh couldn't have cellars because the ground is permanently waterlogged. At best it'd be very damp, at worst it'd be flooded. The same might be true in High Rock, although I'm not sure because it's based on a large area of Europe with a wide range of climates. In the UK cellars are relatively uncommon, especially on small family homes, because they flood in the winter, but in Germany almost every house has one. I'm not sure where the climate of High Rocks falls on that spectrum.

But the two smaller khajiit houses are likely to be the extremes for flooding. They're built up on stilts (as are most of the other khajiit buildings) which implies the entire region is under water for part of the year, as is the case in many tropical regions which get long dry seasons followed by a monsoon. Obviously this doesn't actually happen in game, but it looks like it is part of the lore.

Meanwhile the big khajiit houses and the redguard houses are likely to have the opposite problem - they're in very dry, arid landscapes and raised up on stone foundations which implies that the ground is very soft and sandy. Digging a cellar here would be impossible because the hole would fill in nearly as fast as you dig it. (Hunding's is a double-whammy. Built on sand and so close to the water it would almost certainly flood.)

Then there's Morrowind which is mostly volanic rock which I've heard is a pain to dig through. A cellar here would likely be a very solid, secure structure once you've built it (unless they get a lot of earthquakes, but I don't know if they do) but it would be a huge amount of work to create, not something you'd expect to see for every house.

And then of course the style of the bosmer houses is totally unsuited to a cellar, and I assume the Green Pact forbids them from digging through the roots of trees (which makes digging basically impossible).

But I can't see any reason the altmer, nord, orc and imperial houses couldn't have cellars.

Thank you for these well written thoughts. I can see your point regarding lore with some races, especially Khajiit. Also, I won't argue the fact that small homes in the UK often come without a basement.

However, most traditional houses in the rest of Europe almost always come with some sort of underground storage space, and have done so for centuries. Vaulted stone cellars were common with stone buildings from the middle ages on, small clay cellars often came with lesser houses. Anything larger than a small peasant house certainly needed a cool space for storage - you can even find cellars them in arid North Africa.

The buildings we see here in ESO - at least from medium house upwards - would have (with few exceptions, see above) almost certainly have come with some sort of cellar.

I do not want to "win" an argument here. I just fear that the developers from ZOS who probably mostly come from an anglo-saxon background and live in the USA, where basements are also somewhat less common, might not have put a conscious effort into the addition of basements/cellars, and I think that could be easily fixed to our common benefit. :smile:
    Edited by GrafDresche on 25 January 2017 16:15
    Options
  • Kazya
    Kazya
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure if this is being commented elsewhere, but didn't find anything when looking for it.

According to the information on the all things regarding fire logs of any kind (that I've seen so far), they are All interactable and can be lit....

This apparently also include the stack of rough firelogs that are meant to be placed next to a fireplace etc, which really don't make any sense at all. Trying to interact with them after they are placed, also is impossible (as it should be) but it's quite confusing that they are being called interactable despite not being so, and I assume not supposed to be so either.

The same thing happened to another firelog item I had, don't remember the name but one of those that are burned out and not giving off any light what so ever, nor are they interactable.

I assume this is a bug, and that some items have gotten that label despite not supposed to have it? If not, you may wish to make sure they are interactable :)

Over all I enjoy the housing and the system, even if the housing editor is makign it rather hard to properly put things in the right place. However, there is a few things that has me concerned..

1. The lighting is horrible, it need to be much, much better. All the houses are way too dark, and need to be lighter. Just as the lighting items themselves need to give better light.

2. The cap of players in each house... I seriously do not buy the comment of it being technical reasons. True, I don't know things like that but if it is so impossible to have a higher amount of players in a instanced area, than why can there be so many players gathered in places like Rawl'kah or in a lot of the banks during peak times?

I understand that it might cause a bit of lag if it is a lot of players collected like that, just as it do at times in the open world. But that doesn't explain why you allow us to be so many in the open world, and so in a instanced area. I admit I am honestly confused about this, and while my words might be harsh I am trying to understand why. Because it doesn't make any sense at all to me. The player cap in the houses Need to be raised, please.

3. Sometimes when buying houses furnished, there is paintings and such on the walls. This is really nice but so far none of those paintings has been removable... making it quite hard to replace it with another painting, or to simply move it to work better with another furnishing item should we choose to. Please give us the possiblity to remove those paintings even if we buy the house furnished.

4. I don't understand why furnishing tied to pve acheivements (Hero of Aldmeri Dominion) are locked behind AP. I hadn't seen that until it was posted in another thread, but it do seem a bit odd. Had it been tied to a PvP acheivement I honestly hadn't thought of it, but as it wasn't it just seems a bit odd. Please explain the reasoning?

I'm sure there are other things I have missed bringing up, but that's what I remember so far... might come back with more opinions ^^
    Mother Earth and Father Night gives me comfort, protection and shelter every step I take.
    Brother Sun gives me the warmth I need, while Sister Moon lit my path so I don't get lost.
    Auntie Life follows me on my journey until Uncle Death sing me the last lullaby.
    /C.O 20121122
    Options
  • manavortex
    manavortex
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think you broke housing lighting some time yesterday:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/316185/housing-lighting-broken

Also, I love housing, but a wider variety of lamp intensities would be awesome:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/316212/housing-lamp-variety/p1?new=1

Thanks for your good work.
    Stop Zanil Theran's sinister plot to exterminate bank space! Give ESO+ subscribers a virtual Furniture Bag!
    Options
  • Pheefs
    Pheefs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone know.... Will we be able to launder stolen items to be decorations?
    Especially Blue or better!
    We'd all spend the gold & obviously you would still have to steal a lot of things to get anything specific.

I want to show off my ill gotten gains!
    B)
    { Forums are Weird........................ Nerfy nerfing nerf nerfers, buff you b'netches!....................... Popcorn popcorn! }
    Options
  • Kikki_Wintersong

Kazya wrote: »
    3. Sometimes when buying houses furnished, there is paintings and such on the walls. This is really nice but so far none of those paintings has been removable... making it quite hard to replace it with another painting, or to simply move it to work better with another furnishing item should we choose to. Please give us the possiblity to remove those paintings even if we buy the house furnished.

It is possible to remove the paintings with the function "retrive", you'll find them in your inventory, at least it worked for me.
    Options
  • Kazya
    Kazya
    ✭✭✭
    And is adding more already. Just went back onto the pts after having had a break, and the small wardrobe I had crafted today and placed are now gone.

Like the others that has reported this problem with furnitures going missing, it is not in the room nor in the bag. Please tell me that is going to be fixed when Homestead goes live?
    Mother Earth and Father Night gives me comfort, protection and shelter every step I take.
    Brother Sun gives me the warmth I need, while Sister Moon lit my path so I don't get lost.
    Auntie Life follows me on my journey until Uncle Death sing me the last lullaby.
    /C.O 20121122
    Options
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The same thing happened to another firelog item I had, don't remember the name but one of those that are burned out and not giving off any light what so ever, nor are they interactable.

I assume this is a bug, and that some items have gotten that label despite not supposed to have it? If not, you may wish to make sure they are interactable :)

I suspect that's the Rough Firewood, Fireplace.

It's the one that was in the crown store on day 1 (the others were added later) and the one you can find at many merchants. The description says it's interactable but you can't actually do anything with it.

Options
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The disappearing item bug is still present. About 3 hours ago I placed a Redguard Armchair, Slatted and logged out shortly after.

I logged back in now and it's gone. As before it's not in my inventory, not in the retrieve list and definitely not where I placed it.

Options
  • Kikki_Wintersong
    Ok, that's a new thing: I can't enter my home, Autumn's gate, the "E" icon doesn't appear... but I can decorate the garden... Reloading the game / exit and come back / teleport ... nothing... I'll live in a tent in the garden with dog and horse :)
    Options
  • Zenzuki
    Zenzuki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SadieJoan wrote: »
    I have been looking at and playing around with the manors today, and didn't really like the AD one because it's Khajiit style, which I personally really dislike (kind of disappointed that the manor wasn't Altmer really, but never mind...) so I went to have a little mess around with the other two, and although the Daggerfall Overlook Manor is AMAZING, and for me, the most attractive of the three, it is completely covered with DC alliance banners and blue drapes...

The other two Manors are pretty much blank canvases, and could easily be inhabited by any alliance, but this 'in your face' blue in Daggerfall Overlook is really off putting... I realise that this home is located in a DC zone, but still, with One Tamriel here now, its a bit stupid to restrict a home to just one alliance like this. Why is there no option to remove these decorations from the walls? That way, it would be more appealing to everyone. With ALL 12 of my characters being AD, this would certainly put me off purchasing it, and I am sure I am not the only one who would feel this way...

[img][/img]31529147964_85a5d2d831_k.jpg

[img][/img]
    32251487651_f085502b9d_k.jpg

^ This!

A 1000 times this!
    Can Open...
    Worms EVERYWHERE!
    Options
  • Zenzuki
    Zenzuki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Betheny wrote: »
    Perhaps pets and mounts (and merchants/bankers) could be given a "wandering circle" where they are able to move around and perform their actions - have it so you could see the circle outlined while placing them in the house, and it would be up to players to place them appropriately (using the outlined circle as a guide) so the npcs could move freely.

Would this be possible?

Would really like to see the placed pets and npcs showing a little life.

Better yet. . .

It would be nice to be able to select the npc/pet and then select "record" (or some button of that ilk) and then while holding the object... walk the path you wish the npc/pet to follow! Once you've "pathed" the course to your liking, place the npc/pet down and it will follow that course, stopping at intervals to emote, etc., until it is removed or edited!

This would give the houses life as these things would be moving about the property and whenever you arrive would be at different places all the time. These things just standing rigidly stationary is off-putting and not very realistic of what they should/would be doing naturally!
    Can Open...
    Worms EVERYWHERE!
    Options
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Going to make another plea here for the development team to address some of the Frustrating Invisible Walls that are really hurting design creativity.

Can we get another quality pass to clean up some of those walls? Especially the ones INSIDE the houses? I get the need for some external boundary walls but inside the house?
    Options
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Going to make another plea here for the development team to address some of the Frustrating Invisible Walls that are really hurting design creativity.

Can we get another quality pass to clean up some of those walls? Especially the ones INSIDE the houses? I get the need for some external boundary walls but inside the house?

I agree.

I don't mind that we can only get in and out through the door and I'm even kind-of ok with the relatively low ceiling on a lot of the maps (just big enough for the tallest building) but it's really frustrating when chunks of space inside the instance are blocked off with invisible walls for no apparent reason. (Like the flat roof of the house in Twin Arches.)

Options
  • Kazya
    Kazya
    ✭✭✭

It is possible to remove the paintings with the function "retrive", you'll find them in your inventory, at least it worked for me.

Have to admit i hadn't tried that *sheepish smile* I did try that now and that worked, so thank you :)

I suspect that's the Rough Firewood, Fireplace.

It's the one that was in the crown store on day 1 (the others were added later) and the one you can find at many merchants. The description says it's interactable but you can't actually do anything with it.

Yes, that was the one :) Hopefully they remove the label of those firelogs who aren't interactable, before going live.
    /C.O 20121122
    Options
  • Kikki_Wintersong

Yes, this, remove the invisible ceiling especially in small houses, please. Thank you!
    Options
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    manavortex wrote: »
    I think you broke housing lighting some time yesterday:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/316185/housing-lighting-broken

Also, I love housing, but a wider variety of lamp intensities would be awesome:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/316212/housing-lamp-variety/p1?new=1

Thanks for your good work.

A darker house means players have to spend more money on lighting, $$!
    Options
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    I keep seeing people request having furniture not count in inventory, make it an ESO perk, sell more bank/bag space etc. While having it not count in inventory at all would be ideal, I feel people are missing the fact that you can buy a 200 furniture "bank" by buying Humblemud for only 40,000 gold - as an example. Simply use it as a storage unit and throw your pieces in there. Need more? By another plot. It's not as bad as people are making it in my eyes. There are certainly ways it could be easier though.
    LMAO! .... Well, apparently you have found a clever work-around to the furnishing storage problems that was probably not intended by the Homestead feature designers. :wink: How easy is it to access the storehouse while using the Housing Editor to place the retrieved furnishings in the Homestead where you want them? ..... I don't have a fully-developed character that I can use on the PTS at the moment (whether I ever will), so I can't test this for myself.

--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
    Options
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LMAO! .... Well, apparently you have found a clever work-around to the furnishing storage problems that was probably not intended by the Homestead feature designers. :wink: How easy is it to access the storehouse while using the Housing Editor to place the retrieved furnishings in the Homestead where you want them? ..... I don't have a fully-developed character that I can use on the PTS at the moment (whether I ever will), so I can't test this for myself.

You can only retrieve furniture from the house you are inside of. But you can teleport between houses for free to pick up and deposit furniture.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on 26 January 2017 21:11
    Options
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    The Cyrodilic Jungle House appears to be missing most of it's furnishings. When you preview it furnished the inside looks very empty and most of the items which are there are floating, as if they were placed on furniture which isn't there any more.
    That's probably exactly what happened. All three Imperial houses were furnished with Colovian furniture (as indeed they should be, since they're Colovian houses), and then ZOS went and removed all the Colovian furniture. Some of it was inexplicably replaced with Nibenese furniture, which is a completely different style and doesn't mesh with the Colovian style at all. SMH.
    Didn't the design team also remove the ability of Player Characters to craft Colovian furnishings -- if the ability ever existed -- too?

The lack of Colovian furnishings substantially diminishes my enthusiasm to purchase a Homestead for my Imperial characters. Perhaps I will purchase one for my Breton characters, depending upon whether ZOS improves the Homestead that I would like to have for them. The quick-and-dirty copycat designs and the lack of functionality for Homesteads makes it seem that the feature was simply "developed" as fast as possible, with the least amount of time and effort (which costs $$$), just to create another revenue stream from the Crown Store.

Not that I am opposed to ZOS prospering and profiting by our playing ESO!! Certainly I prefer to hope that they will do well. But it should not surprise anyone if they don't do well because they can't or won't do better.

Options
  • ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't the design team also remove the ability of Player Characters to craft Colovian furnishings -- if the ability ever existed -- too?

The Colovian furnishings haven't been included in the learn all recipes consumables on PTS, I have however found other recipes from looting that are not included, so I guess we wait and see, I would love to be able to craft the Colovian furnishings

PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
    Paints-With-Frogs - Argonian Nightblade
    Swee Troll - Crafter Dragonknight
    Options
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jarros wrote: »
    Wayshrine Prices STILL rising on travel to a home

Now, I have no idea if this is a bug or intentional, but either way...it's ridiculously high and I can hear the uproar from players if this kinda thing goes live.
    Yes, there will certainly be an uproar!! Personally, this actually does to appear to be a bug -- if only because it deviates significantly from the existing system for calculating the fee paid to "recall" a player's character to a Wayshrine. There is no rational basis for it to cost more.

Jarros wrote: »
    Personal opinion: traveling to a home -- either previewed or owned -- is NOT wayshrining and should not incur added costs to the wayshrine. If it is considered wayshrining -- which ZoS will need a darn good explanation to convince me of that -- then it should at least increment at the same pace as regular wayshrining.
    Please note that The Harborage is a cavern which has been implemented as an "instance" in the same way, and for the same reasons, as a Homestead is implemented in Tamriel as an "instance".

The Harborage is used as a base of operations by The Prophet (an NPC in the Main Quest story-line). A PC can "recall" to the cavern's entrance from any location in Tamriel that is not in Cyrodil without paying a fee. A PC also can use a Wayshrine for fast travel to the entrance without paying a fee, or a player can move their PC overland to its entrance.

Currently, instead of using a Wayshrine for fast travel to a Homestead which one of our PCs owns (or by "recalling" the PC to the Homestead per se), we use the Collections UI.

However, The Harborage as a destination only receives visitors. After a PC exits The Harborage, the player has the options (1) to move the PC overland to a Wayshrine, if that is where the player wants the PC to go, or (2) to "recall" the PC to any Wayshrine shown on the Map of Tamriel that is not in Cyrodil, and pay a fee in Gold Pieces for doing that. Albeit, it might be possible to "recall" a PC to a Wayshrine without exiting The Harborage, first, but I don't recall ever doing that.

With regard to traveling to a Homestead, it would be nice if we could simply select the site from the Map as we do with The Harborage. Homesteads have a unique Map symbol. Maybe such ease of movement will be possible in the first release, or added later. (I would suspect, though, that it would not be simple to implement.)

Edited by Shadowshire on 27 January 2017 00:56

Options
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There should be exit wayshrines as furniture.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
    Options