Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

PTS Feedback Thread for Player Housing

• theivorykitty
    theivorykitty
    ✭✭✭
    SadieJoan wrote: »
    I have been looking at and playing around with the manors today, and didn't really like the AD one because it's Khajiit style, which I personally really dislike (kind of disappointed that the manor wasn't Altmer really, but never mind...) so I went to have a little mess around with the other two, and although the Daggerfall Overlook Manor is AMAZING, and for me, the most attractive of the three, it is completely covered with DC alliance banners and blue drapes...

The other two Manors are pretty much blank canvases, and could easily be inhabited by any alliance, but this 'in your face' blue in Daggerfall Overlook is really off putting... I realise that this home is located in a DC zone, but still, with One Tamriel here now, its a bit stupid to restrict a home to just one alliance like this. Why is there no option to remove these decorations from the walls? That way, it would be more appealing to everyone. With ALL 12 of my characters being AD, this would certainly put me off purchasing it, and I am sure I am not the only one who would feel this way...

[img][/img]31529147964_85a5d2d831_k.jpg

[img][/img]
    32251487651_f085502b9d_k.jpg

Exactly this. The best manor is absolutely covered in alliance banners, while the other manors are a nice blank slate. Seems a major shame, since this is the most beautiful manor (in my opinion).
    Options
  • Bal_Isra
    Bal_Isra
    ✭✭
    The new candle in the unfurnished Cyrodilic Jungle House is hovering a foot above its pedestal.
    Options
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bal_Isra wrote: »
    The new candle in the unfurnished Cyrodilic Jungle House is hovering a foot above its pedestal.

It's same issue with with all the Imperial homes because they redecorated all of them using the Nibenese style (instead of Colovian which was the imperial style in the first PTS). Most of the lamp posts are also clipping into things. I imagine they just did a bulk replace of all the Colovian assets with Nibenese ones, which resulted in some of them floating since they aren't the same size.

I posted about it here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/314042/no-imperial-furnishings-in-the-crown-store

The biggest problem with this change is that the houses are Colovian style (Gothic) but the furnishings are Nibenese (Greco-Roman) and the two styles clash horribly (Colovian uses dark stone while Nibenese uses white marble).

The Imperial homes used the proper Colovian style in the first patch, but I guess ZOS didn't have enough assets to fill an entire house so they just removed all of them from the game and made Nibenese the default Imperial style.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on 18 January 2017 05:12
    Options
  • ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MLGProPlayer I noticed some lamp posts in Kvatch, by the furniture merchants, are in the style that was in furnished homes before the patch, so they are in game still but maybe something unfortunate happened when they did the renaming for housing
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
    Paints-With-Frogs - Argonian Nightblade
    Swee Troll - Crafter Dragonknight
    Options
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MLGProPlayer I noticed some lamp posts in Kvatch, by the furniture merchants, are in the style that was in furnished homes before the patch, so they are in game still but maybe something unfortunate happened when they did the renaming for housing

I did some snooping around Vile Manse and Kvatch today as well, and there are definitely more than enough Colovian assets in the game. Really not sure why they got rid of them.

I hope it was a mistake and they planning on putting them back in the game. If the removal was intentional (in order to simplify styles), then they picked the wrong imperial style to remove...

Examples of assets they removed:
    colovian_book_shelf.jpg

colovian_desk_chair.jpg

colovian_dining_chair.jpg

colovian_double_bed.jpg

colovian_single_bed.jpg

colovian_lightpost.jpg

colovian_well.jpg

All of these perfectly match the style of the actual homes we have in the game.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on 18 January 2017 11:09
    Options
  • ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed the lamp post outside the entrance to the Strident Springs Demesne is in the style that matches the house

gaiRwyy.jpg
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
    Paints-With-Frogs - Argonian Nightblade
    Swee Troll - Crafter Dragonknight
    Options
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some things I HOPE you will consider for future housing updates @ZOS_GinaBruno :
    1. Please give us a way to build walls inside the houses. Giant empty spaces (and even smaller ones) are just not cool. I mean I'm all about the open floorplan but this is ridiculous.

2. Allow us to place fireplaces wherever we want and move existing ones. You don't have the outside of houses correspond to the inside anyway so this shouldn't be a big deal. And give us some different fireplaces so we can have some choice and variety.

3. If we cannot change the colors of furnishings, rugs and tapestries please offer them in at least 3 different colors so we can have some variety.

4. RAISE THE PLAYER CAP.

5. Portable bards! I'd like to be able to have a bard who plays all 3 instruments (my choice) that I can place anywhere on my property and have them play. What's a house party without a bard??? Alternatively, being able to choose from the in-game music to play for ambience in our houses would be incredibly cool. Perhaps create a magical music box for this purpose!

6. I'd like to be able to choose some birds to occupy outdoor spaces and just act as they do in the normal world. The properties seem very sterile with nothing that moves and no life outside.

7. If you're going to confine pets to one spot rather than letting them path through the houses please give them a sleeping emote. It'd be cute if they'd wake up and stretch now and again, them curl up in a different position and go back to sleep. Or even just lay down and stay down while still looking alert.

8. Add most of the other existing buildings to housing. I'd love to see Firebrand Keep as an option! And the fighters guild and mages guild buildings.

9. Make all towers accessible. We want those views!

10. Let us lay down flagstones to create outdoor patio areas and have these flagstones replace any existing grass so there's no clipping issues.

11. Let us build swimmable pools. So that we can createRoman Imperial style baths!

12. Make beds interactable so our characters can actually get under the covers with a nice sleep emote! Yes, this includes the non-useable at all canopy beds!
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Options
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maboleth wrote: »
    Our houses *need* to be more interactive and useful.
    I absolutely agree. Right now, when you first buy the house there is literally no reason to go there except to decorate. You should start with the ability to cook in your own home from the very start, at least.

Since we can't sleep in the beds, and can't use the chests, there is literally nothing to do there and no reason to have the house at all unless we can at least cook there. It's like a museum where we can't touch anything (as someone else said). I want to be able to sleep in the beds and use the chests, too, but it looks like that might not happen.

Options
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    Allow us to place fireplaces wherever we want and move existing ones. You don't have the outside of houses correspond to the inside anyway so this shouldn't be a big deal. And give us some different fireplaces so we can have some choice and variety.
    YESS!!! A couple of the homes don't have fireplaces at all, like Twin Arches, and it's disappointing. Fireplaces add so much atmosphere, and it would be wonderful to be able to place them ourselves.

Options
  • Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Perhaps pets and mounts (and merchants/bankers) could be given a "wandering circle" where they are able to move around and perform their actions - have it so you could see the circle outlined while placing them in the house, and it would be up to players to place them appropriately (using the outlined circle as a guide) so the npcs could move freely.

Would this be possible?

Would really like to see the placed pets and npcs showing a little life.
    Options
  • Vorkrunne
    Vorkrunne
    ✭✭✭
    PLEA
    1. Please give us a way to build walls inside the houses. Giant empty spaces (and even smaller ones) are just not cool. I mean I'm all about the open floorplan but this is ridiculous.

2. Allow us to place fireplaces wherever we want and move existing ones. You don't have the outside of houses correspond to the inside anyway so this shouldn't be a big deal. And give us some different fireplaces so we can have some choice and variety.

9. Make all towers accessible. We want those views!

11. Let us build swimmable pools. So that we can createRoman Imperial style baths!

12. Make beds interactable

I agree with all your points, but I feel these are especially imperative.

I *love* Rift's housing because we can build as many bedrooms as we want and create our own floor plans.

I would throw money at a future patch that gave us floors, walls, windows, doors etc to build our own homes. We can already place object wherever we want. We just need the right kind of object and a drastic item count increase.

I would purchase a housing area with NO buildings on it so I can create my dream castle. One of my biggest pet peeves is that the buildings in ESO have inaccessible areas. You can see towers and windows from the outside, but a player going into a building only sees the base floors/levels.

I can't imagine a castle building tower structures atop it that no one can ever access. They are just there for... outside decor?
    Edited by Vorkrunne on 18 January 2017 13:21
    Options
  • Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As most of the houses are buildings within an instanced world space was any thought given to allowing players to build their own houses instead of adding what appears to be 47 prebuilt copies of buildings that already exist in Tamerial?(the island and cave are unique as far as i'm aware)
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
    Options
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Betheny wrote: »
    Perhaps pets and mounts (and merchants/bankers) could be given a "wandering circle" where they are able to move around and perform their actions - have it so you could see the circle outlined while placing them in the house, and it would be up to players to place them appropriately (using the outlined circle as a guide) so the npcs could move freely.

Would this be possible?

Absolutely agree with this. Pets and mounts need to have a wandering animation. Just like enemy and NPCs have in the game. Just allow them to walk a bit, perform their idle animations, then walk some more.
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
    Options
  • jmgrant44ub17_ESO
    jmgrant44ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    There should be some way to deconstruct furniture with all the mats required to make something. Also the bed I bought for the Rosy Lion Inn has disappeared.
    Options
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Would this be possible?

This would be fantastic.

One thing I was really looking forward to was being able to place my mounts and pets in the house. But I've actually stopped using most of them because it just looks too creepy to have them standing there, frozen in place.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
    Options
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh one other thing I would LOVE to see... For the houses with outdoor areas, PLEASE let us determine what time of day it is! If I am throwing an event that happens at night... I'd actually like it to BE night for as long as I need it to be!

Options
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »

Would this be possible?

This would be fantastic.

One thing I was really looking forward to was being able to place my mounts and pets in the house. But I've actually stopped using most of them because it just looks too creepy to have them standing there, frozen in place.

Are we sure this isn't a glitch of some sort? I put my cat on a table and it continued to move around like they always do.

Options
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just going to throw this out there, why are there no options to have dunmer statues either from buying or crafting ? (no plans datamined of it) !. That's a shame really, there are breton , redguard, nord, ayleids, some khajiit. Please can we have dunmer statues aswell ? thanks.

+ why can't we buy snow theme items ?
    Edited by Sotha_Sil on 18 January 2017 17:11
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
    Options
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »

Would this be possible?

This would be fantastic.

Are we sure this isn't a glitch of some sort? I put my cat on a table and it continued to move around like they always do.

When I say they're frozen in place I mean that they just stay in one position in the spot where you placed them. With some pets like the monkey and the mud crab that looks ok because their idle animations make it look natural. For example the monkey is sitting down poking at stuff around it, so it looks like it's just happy to stay where it is.

But with others like the wolf pup and the senche panther it looks really unnatural because their idle animations don't include much movement. They just stand there, moving their head and tail slightly but otherwise staying stood up in the same position indefinitely, which a real animal wouldn't do. It makes it look like they're paralyzed and can't sit down or walk.

While writing this I've been watching some of the animals out in the world, like horses and pigs on farms and wild wolves and they're much better. They'll walk around a small area, and periodically use different animations. If you watch them for any length of time it's obvious that they're on a short animation loop, doing the same few things over and over, but it's still much better than standing in the same place all the time.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
    Options
  • Serelir
    Serelir
    ✭✭
    For future release, I am advocating for a tower like the one at the College Wayshrine in Auridon, or a lighthouse like the Westwind Lighthouse in Rivenspire, or, best of all, those wonderfully frightening towers which are at the Sanguine Barrows (I think) in Rivenspire.
    Options
  • argouru
    argouru
    ✭✭✭
    Seriously, why no item storage in player houses? Couldn't they make a vault that works like a bank, one that can only be accessed while in a player-owned house or apartment? Would that be so hard to set up? They want players to collect various sets and experiment with different ways to play, but the character inventories and bank space fill up too easily. If they made a shared player vault like the one I described that could hold up to (preferably) 300 or more items, that would allow players the variety of flexibility that everyone wants without having to dump items they would want to keep.
    Options
  • jmgrant44ub17_ESO
    jmgrant44ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    argouru wrote: »
    Seriously, why no item storage in player houses? Couldn't they make a vault that works like a bank, one that can only be accessed while in a player-owned house or apartment? Would that be so hard to set up? They want players to collect various sets and experiment with different ways to play, but the character inventories and bank space fill up too easily. If they made a shared player vault like the one I described that could hold up to (preferably) 300 or more items, that would allow players the variety of flexibility that everyone wants without having to dump items they would want to keep.

Sorry, this is a pay for space game.
    Options
  • Vudokan
    Vudokan
    ✭✭✭
    If you don't want every second person to have the same title, then some titles need to be locked behind hard-to-acquire achievements.

You missed the point of my post. I am not saying that titles shouldn't be hard to acquire - they should be - but come on... locking titles with broad appeal behind a paywall is just insane. You're saying it's OK that people can just buy these titles, and that there is no other means of acquiring them? Have you taken the time to examine what the costs involved would be to get, say, the Count title? Some of those titles would require purchasing multiple homes in the millions of dollars each. Some or all of those homes, you may not even want or like. But if you want the title, you have no choice.

I think that these titles should be available through alternate means, as well. OK, so if someone wants to shell out millions of gold to get these titles, or whatever the equivalent is in crowns, fine, let them. But make them also available through completing a tough meta-deed or something. They should not be available ONLY through exorbitant purchases.

I'm surprised and a bit saddened to see little to no pushback on the plan regarding these titles. Is it that people don't realize, or that they don't care?
    Options
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More feedback for you!

The new Cabinet, Poisonmaker is really more on par with the cost to acquire pattern and craft it.

This time I purchased every house furnished. Some are really beautifully decorated and some feel a bit sparse. I know you want to leave space for players to add their own personal touch, and we don't have Crown prices for furnished places but I think if people pay for a furnished house it shouldn't feel empty or that it is missing something.
    • Captain Margaux's Place: half this house feels bare, the side with the table.
    • Hammerdeck End: fireplace is oddly shallow. This house could be epic if the exterior was walled in and you could decorate the deck!
    • Kragenhome: feels like the residence of a very poor person.
    • Moonmirth: feels a bit empty with nothing on shelves and bare tables.
    • Twin Arches: bit bare inside, needs some clutter
    • Cliffshade: no fire in 2nd fireplace, empty shelves make it feel bare.
    • Forsaken Stronghold: not much for outdoor furnishings
    • Stay-Moist Mansion: pretty sparse furnishing on main level (I might be biased on this one, it is my favourite and it has way more potential than the furnishings that come with it!)

Furnished House Bugs:
    • Cyrodilic Jungle House: candles are floating above the Imperial Pedestal
    • Dawnshadow: upstairs there are candles in a padded stool
    • Stay-Moist Mansion: the paintings upstairs are inside the bookshelves

I found some items which do not seem to be obtainable if you do not purchase the Furnished houses. I am assuming that the pre-made characters have all recipes (except the Mastercraft ones), so if a recipe is missing from their 'book' then I may have mistakenly listed the item below.

Bolded Items are ones I feel really need to be available to players separately from purchasing the Furnished House with crowns either by crafting, buying with gold, or buying with crowns.
    • Cactus, Golden Barrel there aren't many arid region plant options
    • Cactus, Golden Bulbs
    • Cactus, Lemon Bulbs
    • Cactus, Stocky Columnar
    • Fern, Hearty Autumn
    • Plant, Verdant Swamp
    • Rough Foliage Plant, Strong Sage
    • Rough Foliage Sapling, Mountain
    • Rough Foliage Sapling, Twisted
    • Boulder, Moss Covered
    • Boulder, Mossy Grey
    • Rough Foliage Rock, Craggy Boulder
    • Rough Foliage Rock, Craggy Conglomerate
    • Plants, Sparse Undergrowth
    • Rough Foliage Shrub, Desert Scrub
    • Hedge, Dense Low Wall
    • Auridon Coneplants, Cluster
    • Hedge, Wall Arc
    • Rough Foliage Tree, Crabapple
    • Rough Foliage Tree, Crabapple Sapling
    • Rough Foliage Tree, Desert Sapling
    • Rough Foliage Tree, Double Sapling
    • Rough Foliage Tree, Mountain Sapling
    • Rough Foliage Tree, Pine Sapling
    • Rough Foliage Tree, Tall Scrub
    • Rough Foliage Tree, Twisted Sapling
    • Slender Palm Tree Cluster
    • Tree, Ancient Banyan these trees are giant and awesome
    • Tree, Ancient Jungle
    • Tree, Craglorn Crabapple
    • Tree, Giant Cypress
    • Tree, Healthy Jungle
    • Tree, Towering Cypress
    • Tree, Young Green Birch
    • Trees, Mossy Murkmire Cluster
    • Trees, Young Autumn Birch
    • Dark Elf Column Lantern
    • Orcish Figurine, Strength
    • Redguard Armchair, Lattice
    • Redguard Chair, Lattice
    • Redguard Chandelier, Grated
    • Redguard Chandelier, Heavy Grated
    • High Elf Medal, Winged
    • Orcish Brazier, Pillar iconic outdoor Orc lighting
    • Deer Antlers on Plaque would go great in a lot of homes! especially over mantles.
    • Breton Throne
    • Basket of Apples various decorative food, adds character to homes.
    • Basket of Apples, Full
    • Basket of Corn
    • Basket of Gourds
    • Basket of Lettuce
    • Basket of Tomatoes
    • Redguard Oven, Clay iconic Redguard piece
    • Bottle, Elixir for decorating our alchemy areas
    • Bottle, Liquor
    • Goblet, Wine
    • Noble's Chalice
    • Vial, Delicate for decorating our alchemy areas
    • Box of Grapes various decorative food, adds character to homes.
    • Box of Oranges
    • Box of Peaches
    • Box of Plums
    • Box of Tangerines
    • Bread, Braided
    • Bread, Round
    • Pie Dish, Display
    • Firelogs, Ashen these are the fires designed to go into fireplaces/hearths in the houses.
    • Firelogs, Flaming if I could double bold these I would. No other fires fit like these into the hearths
    • Firelogs, Charred
    • Noble Standing Cauldron
    • Wood Elf Hearth, Forest
    • Redguard Lamp, Oil
    • Book Row, Decorative these library clutter items are needed to make homes feel lived in
    • Book Row, Long
    • Book Stack, Decorative
    • Common Book Stack, Single
    • Letter, Personal
    • Papers, Stack
    • Signed Contract
    • Scroll, Rolled
    • Common Cloak on a Hook everyone needs to hang a cloak by the door
    • Banner, Tattered Blue
    • Banner, Tattered Red
    • Imperial Common Decorative Green Rug
    • Imperial Common Kyne's Green Carpet
    • Imperial Common Stendarr's Green Carpet
    • Imperial Simple Blue Carpet
    • Orcish Carpet, Blood a bolder Orcish carpet option
    • High Elf Banner, Gilded
    • Vase, Gilded Offering
    • Redguard Censer, Hanging Bulb
    • Redguard Censer, Hanging Disc
    • High Elf Bed, Winged Double
    • Candle Set, Ritual
    • Hew's Bane Candlestick
    • High Elf Sconce, Winged
    • Imperial Simple Nightstand
    • Skeletal Remains, Side only skeletons available (they are underwater at Strident Springs)
    • Lantern, Hanging
    • Redguard Lantern, Caged Stand

Other Furnishing Issues:
    • Rock, Weathered Flat: this item has no bottom and is see through when rotated
    • Boulder, Heavy Craggy: classified under "Trees"
    • There is a Shrubs category that has three items in it only available with Crown Furnished Houses; if this is a true category a lot of "Plants" and "Trees" could be re-classified.
    • Flower, Grandmother Hibiscus: in "Trees" should be in "Plants"
    • Mushroom, Brown Gilled: in "Trees" but small mushroom, should be in "Plants"
    • Plants, Jungle Leaf Cluster: in "Trees" should be in "Plants"
    • Post, Barnacle Covered: in "Trees" should be in "Blocks"
    • Rock, Battered Tan: classified under "Trees", should be in "Rocks"
    • Rock, Slanted Tan: classified under "Trees", should be in "Rocks"
    • Vines, Curtain Ivy: in "Trees" would be better in "Plants"
    • Vines, Draped Ivy: in "Trees" would be better in "Plants"
    • Vines, Lush Ivy: in "Trees" would be better in "Plants"
    • High Elf Streetlight, Stone: in "Streetposts" would be better in "Lightposts"
    • Dark Elf Table, Tea: under "Dining, Tables" but Parlor has a "Tea Tables" category
    • High Elf Table, Tea: under "Dining, Tables" but Parlor has a "Tea Tables" category
    • Orcish Brazier, Table: this is just a brazier...no table...
    • Tea Table, Carved (green quality) looks identical to Tea Table, Carved (white quality); the first is sold by Home Goods Furnishers, the second is 50 Crowns. Also, under "Dining, Tables" but Parlor has a "Tea Tables" category
    • Argonian Bin, Woven looks identical to Argonian Snakes in a Basket
    • Argonian Snakes in a Basket: I always thought these were baskets of worms + fishing bait.
    • Rough Bag, Burlap: one is white quality and one is green quality; look identical, both cost 10 crowns.
    • Chicken Dinner, Display: the food appears flat/painted on rather than 3D like Steak Dinner
    • Chicken Meal, Display: food is flat and appears to be clipping the plate
    • Seashell, Noble Starfish: why is this under "Display Food and Drink"?
    • Seashell, Starfish: why is this under "Display Food and Drink"?
    • Imperial Pedestal, Stone: 50 Crowns, appears all black, texture bug
    • Wood Elf Barrel, Sturdy: under "Structures, Racks" this should say "Bar" not "Barrel"
    • Argonian Canopy, Frilled: rename, this is a reed boat (which is epic!)
    • Coffer, Gem and Enchanting Gem look identical: the Coffer, Gem is a pattern from the Mastercraft Mediator and costs quite a large amount to obtain and craft; the Enchanting Gem is from the Enchanter when the achievement for the Ruby runes is complete. Could you give the Coffer, Gem a makeover like you did for the Poison Satchel?
    • Redguard Urn, Lacquered: not sure why this is in "Undercroft" as it looks a lot the pottery in "Hearth"
    • Redguard Urn, Mural: as above
    • Redguard Urn, Star: as above

Lastly, the item Light and Shadow from Remains-Silent has an activator but I can't tell the difference between the lit and extinguished state. I love this item, I will be needing a few for my house. Hail Sithis!
    Options
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Minor UI problem with mundus and housing.

After applying the apprentice mundus stone I notice after entering my house Mistveil Manor the buff Icon for the apprentice is removed from the character sheet under active effects.

The buff effect seems to remain as my spell power is still increased.

Exiting the house does not restore the icon.

Going back to the apprentice mundus to reapply doesn't fix it, you have to apply a different mundus then go back and reapply the apprentice mundus to get the icon back.

As long as you don't enter the house all remains normal.

edit - Update 2.7.2
    Edited by TequilaFire on 18 January 2017 23:25
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dominoid wrote: »
    Enodoc wrote: »
    @Dominoid You're getting through all this stuff a lot faster than I am. Do you mind if we use your spreadsheet as a source for UESP?
    @Enodoc, feel free to use it.
    Great, thanks! Have you got details of specifically which Home Goods Furnisher is selling which items? I got them all down from last week, but apparently they have added more furnishings to them all with this patch, which means another circuit of all the vendors is in order :neutral:

I'll probably be doing that starting Wednesday, unless you are able to mine that information.
    @Enodoc, no mining there. I had to go vendor to vendor. I listed the vendor location for items that appeared only once or twice per vendor - mostly stones, rocks, trees and plants specific to the zone the vendor was in. Things that appeared frequently on these vendors, I didn't list a particular location. Shoot me a PM with your Google login email and I'll add you as an editor of the sheet if you simply want to update min (now ours) when you make your passes.
    So I only found, like, four additional items across all the Home Goods Furnishers. In case I missed any, I've listed all the ones I went to on the Notes sheet.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Dominoid You're getting through all this stuff a lot faster than I am. Do you mind if we use your spreadsheet as a source for UESP?
    Great, thanks! Have you got details of specifically which Home Goods Furnisher is selling which items? I got them all down from last week, but apparently they have added more furnishings to them all with this patch, which means another circuit of all the vendors is in order :neutral:

I'll probably be doing that starting Wednesday, unless you are able to mine that information.
    @Enodoc, no mining there. I had to go vendor to vendor. I listed the vendor location for items that appeared only once or twice per vendor - mostly stones, rocks, trees and plants specific to the zone the vendor was in. Things that appeared frequently on these vendors, I didn't list a particular location. Shoot me a PM with your Google login email and I'll add you as an editor of the sheet if you simply want to update min (now ours) when you make your passes.
    So I only found, like, four additional items across all the Home Goods Furnishers. In case I missed any, I've listed all the ones I went to on the Notes sheet.

@Enodoc, looks awesome thanks. I love the "short list".
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Enodoc, looks awesome thanks. I love the "short list".
    Yeah, that's basically a list of all the vendors that sell the same stuff as each other. If you take out the 7 items that everyone sells, the ones in that list all sell the same 34 items.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    @SadieJoan
    SadieJoan wrote: »
    I have been looking at and playing around with the manors today, and didn't really like the AD one because it's Khajiit style, which I personally really dislike (kind of disappointed that the manor wasn't Altmer really, but never mind...) so I went to have a little mess around with the other two, and although the Daggerfall Overlook Manor is AMAZING, and for me, the most attractive of the three, it is completely covered with DC alliance banners and blue drapes...

The other two Manors are pretty much blank canvases, and could easily be inhabited by any alliance, but this 'in your face' blue in Daggerfall Overlook is really off putting... I realise that this home is located in a DC zone, but still, with One Tamriel here now, its a bit stupid to restrict a home to just one alliance like this. Why is there no option to remove these decorations from the walls? That way, it would be more appealing to everyone. With ALL 12 of my characters being AD, this would certainly put me off purchasing it, and I am sure I am not the only one who would feel this way...

(images deleted from quote by Shadowshire)
    By the way, if memory serves, someone in this discussion said that, although the banners on the walls of Daggerfall Overlook cannot be removed, they can be replaced. Then again, I don't know whether they can be replaced by AD or EP banners, or just by banners with symbols, colors, and markings like those on Guild Tabards.

Which manor is "the AD one" that is Khajiit style? It isn't clear to me what you mean by a "manor" but there are four Notable Houses in the Aldmeri Dominion:

(1) Mathiisen Manor, Auridon

If you don't like the Mathiisen grounds, then I don't blame you. Although the area around the manor is enormous, there are no outbuildings, whether for stables or workshops. About half of the grounds are occupied by a grand "reflecting pool" on an elevated area at the rear, surrounded by a patio and with a large outer margin of grass and plants. This is great if you role-play and like to have large house parties! One plus: there are many hearths and fireplaces in the manor itself, where you can presumably install at least one Cooking Fire for Provisioning. (See also my Post #443 in this discussion.)

(2) The Gorinir Estate at Cormount, Grahtwood

This is a Classic style homestead for Wood Elves. Who else would want one? The circular tree-pods are somewhat small, but so should be the furnishings (i.e., if the design team got those right) . The large grounds are covered with plants and the grounds are rather scenic and accessible with various clearings and alcoves among the surrounding rock walls. They could add a stable like the one outside Elden Root, somewhere.

(3) Serenity Falls Estate near Rawl'kha, Reaper's March

This estate is a "rural manor", but I don't know whether it can be characterized as either Altmer or Khajiit. The huge yard includes a 2-story barn / workshop with outside stalls under the 2nd-floor roof (which looks as though a Nord built it). The grounds include a waterfall and a creek, but, at present, no Fishing Holes. I have offered suggestions for improvements to the main building (Post #446 in this discussion), but it is unlikely that the Z.O. design team will implement any of them.

(4) Dawnshadow, Reaper's March

Frankly, there isn't much that I found "notable" about this one. I suppose that it is Khajiit style, but it needs lighter colors for the interior walls, which look burnt or moldy. It's just a bare, basic large house without a Cooking Fire hearth. As to the grounds, there is no outbuilding and not much, if any, space for adding one. Also, there is no water feature. On the other hand, if memory serves, it has the lowest price of all the Notable Houses, which is probably meant as a "heads up" for players to expect to spend more for a better choice.

With regard to One Tamriel, without any differences among the provinces, the pacts, and their respective zones, would it not be a dull world? Where would player characters find adventures, discover new things, meet NPCs of other races and cultures and either befriend or kill them?

--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
    Options
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bal_Isra wrote: »

It's same issue with with all the Imperial homes because they redecorated all of them using the Nibenese style (instead of Colovian which was the imperial style in the first PTS). Most of the lamp posts are also clipping into things. I imagine they just did a bulk replace of all the Colovian assets with Nibenese ones, which resulted in some of them floating since they aren't the same size.

I posted about it here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/314042/no-imperial-furnishings-in-the-crown-store

The biggest problem with this change is that the houses are Colovian style (Gothic) but the furnishings are Nibenese (Greco-Roman) and the two styles clash horribly (Colovian uses dark stone while Nibenese uses white marble).

The Imperial homes used the proper Colovian style in the first patch, but I guess ZOS didn't have enough assets to fill an entire house so they just removed all of them from the game and made Nibenese the default Imperial style.

(groan) ... Replacing the Colovian style with the Nibenese style is a horrible mistake! If they did that with Strident Springs Demesne, then I don't believe that I will be buying any Homestead at all. I looked at that one furnished, and there did not seem to be a large variety among the furnishings, but they were adequate. Whether better selections and/or additional items were available, I don't know. Yet again, the development team has dropped the ball. From how many fumbles that they decline to recover will they make before they lose the game?

--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
    Options