The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

PTS Feedback Thread for Player Housing

• Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wiccix wrote: »
    Why not implement some spender rewards in the game too. Those who spend a lot in the crown store get additional rewards based on tiers of how much they've spent. Houses being one of them, from smaller on lower tiers to the larger ones on higher tiers.
    I certainly don't want to see any Crown Store loyalty rewards. Lockboxes is bad enough.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Ninane
    Ninane
    Zlater wrote: »
    Here is a BUG
    You cannot recall to your house from a cyrodiil wayshrine, you must first recall to a wayshrine then to your home.

That's probably as intended. They don't want people just warping out of Cyrodiil. Plus, the only actual wayshrines in Cyrodiil are at your home base, you have to get to one of them to warp out now. You can't just warp to a wayshrine from anywhere in Cyrodiil now. I don't know, I actually think this kind of makes sense, given the way things work currently.
    Edited by Ninane on 7 January 2017 15:30
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ninane wrote: »
    Zlater wrote: »
    Here is a BUG
    You cannot recall to your house from a cyrodiil wayshrine, you must first recall to a wayshrine then to your home.

That's probably as intended. They don't want people just warping out of Cyrodiil. Plus, the only actual wayshrines in Cyrodiil are at your home base, you have to get to one of them to warp out now. You can't just warp to a wayshrine from anywhere in Cyrodiil now. I don't know, I actually think this kind of makes sense, given the way things work currently.
    This is not about porting out from middle of Cyro. You can't use the homebase wayshrine to house.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Ninane
    Ninane
    Possible bug

I have noticed a "semi-recurring" bug. I bought about half the houses with furniture, and half without. This is because I wanted to get started testing the furniture placement system before having to run around looking for furniture vendors/crafting etc...

I've noticed that on at least 2 separate occasions now that there appears to be an issue with moving some items from one location to another. The one I can verify is Daggerfall's "manor". I've been decorating the "Sleek Creek" house and pulling items from the different furnished house, but I've noticed that stuff from the manor consistently disappears after I log out and log back in.

Now that I know this is happening I will try to keep an eye on anything brought from another location, that said - all of the items in this house are from other locations, and most of it is still here.

For reference sake - Yesterday when I logged on, I discovered that drapes I know were from the manor had "disappeared" from the Sleek Creek House. This morning I logged and discovered fake food I placed yesterday was missing. I'm 99.9% sure that came from the manor as well.

I'm moving on to a new empty house today to test crafting furnishings. Still, I'll stick a couple of Daggerfall Manor pieces in there to try and see if I can recreate at a different test property.

Hope that makes sense!

P.S. Just to be clear, I've not yet confirmed that every item from the Daggerfall Manor disappears, it may just be specific items. I'll double-check what I can with this new house.
    Edited by Ninane on 7 January 2017 15:47
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Ilsabet wrote: »
    Does anyone know specifics for the Achievement and Home Goods Furnishers? Is there one of each per zone, or more/less than that?
    I discovered that each zone has that pair of merchants standing together in one city or town in that zone, but not always the obvious city. For example, the Eastmarch vendors were at Fort Amol and the Malabal Tor vendors were in Vulkwasten. If there are actually more than one pair in each zone, I never caught sight of the others. They're not too hard to find if you consult the zone map first and look for them in the NPC lists of shopping areas and inns. Occasionally they'll have their own icon on the map that looks like a chair.
    Great, thanks!
    OK, so I've looked around the Dominion and Coldharbour so far. I've found 'Home Goods Merchant' Maladdiq and 'Accolade Furnisher' Athrahgor in Skywatch, Redfur, Marbruk, Vulkwasten, and Rawl'kha. (There's an inconsistency with these guys in that they are called those titles on the map, but 'Home Goods Furnisher' and 'Achievement Furnisher' respectively when talking to them. There needs to be consistency here; 'Home Goods Furnisher' and 'Accolade Furnisher' would be best.

In Elden Root, I found two 'Achievement Furnishers' who are not on the map: Haralda Garscroft and Narwaawende. Narwaawende sells Main Quest furnishings, so she needs to be called an 'Accolade Furnisher' like Athrahgor. Given Haralda's current inventory, she seems to sell furnishings related to Festival achievements, so a better title for her would be 'Festival Furnisher'. Once their titles are sorted, these two need to be added to the map.

In Coldharbour, I found 'Home Goods Furnisher/Merchant' Krrztrrb, and 'Achievement/Accolade Furnisher' Lozotusk. These guys need to be given consistent titles like Maladdiq and Athrahgor. The map also suggests that Narwaawende is here, but in 10 minutes she never appeared, so she may be bugged in this location. Zanil Theran, the Luxury Furnisher, is also here. His map entry says 'Prestige Furnisher' rather than 'Luxury Furnisher', so that needs to be fixed too.
    Now also looked around the Covenant and Craglorn. 'Home Goods Merchant' Rohzika and 'Accolade Furnisher' Lozotusk can be found in Daggerfall, Wayrest, Shornhelm, Kozanset, and Evermore. They suffer from the same inconsistent on-map/in-world titles (Home Goods Merchant/Furnisher and Accolade/Achievement Furnisher) as the previous ones. Also as before, Haralda Garscroft and Narwaawende are found in Wayrest but are not on the map.

In Craglorn, I found 'Home Goods Merchant/Furnisher' Krrztrrb, and 'Accolade/Achievement Furnisher' Lozotusk in Belkarth. Again, their titles need to be made consistent. The map also suggests that Heralda Garscroft is here, but in 15 minutes she never appeared, so she may be bugged in this location like Narwaawende is in Coldharbour. 'Prestige Furnisher' Zanil Theran is marked on the map as being in Dragonstar, but I couldn't find him.
    Edited by Enodoc on 7 January 2017 17:38
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • DamnitDawn
    DamnitDawn
    ✭✭
    Any plans to make the windows a little more, uh.. window-y? As opposed to kinda stained glass looking lighty things?
  • theivorykitty
    theivorykitty
    ✭✭✭
    The Glenumbra Manor (which, in my opinion, is the most beautiful) has Covenant banners all over the ceilings etc which cannot be removed. Please make these at least removable, if not give us other options for patterns/colors (would be awesome).

For all of the non-Covenant players, even if we finished all of the quests for each faction and even if we love the area, it feels very strange to have a house with an opposing factions banners all over the place.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Glenumbra Manor (which, in my opinion, is the most beautiful) has Covenant banners all over the ceilings etc which cannot be removed. Please make these at least removable, if not give us other options for patterns/colors (would be awesome).

For all of the non-Covenant players, even if we finished all of the quests for each faction and even if we love the area, it feels very strange to have a house with an opposing factions banners all over the place.
    Well, it is the "Hero of the Covenant" house, so it kinda makes sense. I do agree though, it would be nice to be able to change them. But I think they're part of the building framework, rather than separate items, so there's probably not much that can be done.
  • C4Bliss
    C4Bliss
    ✭✭✭
    I would buy the Craglorn cave if it would have the same capacity as the manors...

Overall the capacity of all the homes needs to be increased...
  • Finn1978
    Finn1978
    Soul Shriven
    This is the official feedback thread for player housing! Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:

Did you complete the initial quest to acquire your apartment? Did you run into any issues?
    The only issue I ran into was some initial confusion on where to get furniture for the apartment (I didn't realize the furniture seller was also at the inn).

Were you able to successfully preview a home and buy it with gold?
    Yes

How did you preview the home? Did you do it via the Crown Store, Collections UI, or just walk up to the door?
    I was using the crown store initially to find and preview, then the map listing.

Were you able to figure out how to switch between previewing a furnished/unfurnished home?
    I did not see how to preview that!

Were you able to purchase and place furnishings from Achievement Furnishers?
    Yes

Were you able to purchase furnishings from Zanil Theran the Luxury Furnisher?
    I didn't look for them, so no.

Did you get any Undaunted Busts from dungeon bosses? If so, which one was your favorite?
    n/a

Were you able to find the reprints of Shalidor’s Library books, place them, and read them?
    I didn't check that part out.

Did you understand how to use the various light sources?
    Yes

Were you able to sit on chairs, both in a home and throughout the world? Was it clear which chairs you could sit on?
    Sort of. As pointed out by others, sitting is a little buggy at the moment. I was able to successfully sit on about one in every three chairs. Getting up seemed a bit painful for my toon when she was able to sit successfully (tried to stand, ended up in a crouch, then stood up straight).

Were you able to allow or restrict other players to enter your home?
    Yes, and I was able to visit the home of one of my guildies.

Did you duel inside your home? How was the experience?
    I did not.

Did you like the housing-related achievements and titles?
    The titles seemed appropriate.

Which was your favorite home, and why?
    The Grand Topal was my favorite, though I don't think I'll be buying it! As for the other houses, I really liked Hunding's Palatial Hall (beach party!), Sleek Creek, Gardner, and Magnifico's.

What did you think of the prices for each home?
    I thought the prices were quite reasonable, and actually a little cheaper than I thought they would be!

Are you an ESO Plus member?
    Yes

Do you have any other general feedback?
    -- I'm not sure if it was an oversight or on purpose, but the rooftop area at the Silent Magnifico house didn't allow access to the housing editor. I hope that's just a bug since it is technically part of the house (I was hoping to put a patio area / rooftop bar up there! ;) )

-- I found a floating candlestick in one of the upstairs rooms at the Quondam Indorilia. It looked it was supposed to be on a nightstand, between two beds.

-- The lack of interaction with anything except for chairs and lights feels a little strange. It might help feel a little less so if the characters could rifle through crates, peek into closets, etc. Being able to cook at cooking fires at one's own house might be nice, too!

-- More houses inside cities would help create the feel of real neighborhoods. For example, the Gardner house fits nicely into the residential area of Wayrest, and it'd probably make the area feel a bit more lived in if there were other player houses in that same area.

Nanilia - DC, Stamplar
    Sparrow Oakvale - DC, Stamblade
  • princess_modsb16_ESO
    I've just had a thought: why not add purchaseable servants to the buyable tab?

There seem to be a lot of issues with adding the banker and merchant to the house, and them disappearing, etc. It does feel a little odd to have a banker and a merchant living in your house, anyway. Instead, why not have a steward and housekeeper to fulfil the same roles? They can have basic wander/idle anims and just make the place seem a little bit less lonely when you come home after a hard day's adventuring.
  • DamnitDawn
    DamnitDawn
    ✭✭
    Not sure if this is intentional, but the Daggerfall Overlook doors only let you enter from the left side door.

Also, I just got the Achievement for "Lady", and I almost fell out of my chair laughing. Yesterday I think I was a Queen. :/

TBH, I'd rather see titles that are more specific to owning land. It almost seems like this could be a naming convention issue in the future.

• DamnitDawn
    DamnitDawn
    ✭✭
    I've just had a thought: why not add purchaseable servants to the buyable tab?

There seem to be a lot of issues with adding the banker and merchant to the house, and them disappearing, etc. It does feel a little odd to have a banker and a merchant living in your house, anyway. Instead, why not have a steward and housekeeper to fulfil the same roles? They can have basic wander/idle anims and just make the place seem a little bit less lonely when you come home after a hard day's adventuring.

I love this idea! And maybe later they can add stuff like having them fetch us a pipe and slippers. And a hot toddy.
  • Katinas
    Katinas
    ✭✭✭✭
    The entrance to Craglorn Cave house is buggy. The first steps of the stairs are too high and your character cannot walk on them. You literally have to jump in order to climb stairs. A small fix by adding one more step at the bottom or raising the terrain by a small amount would do.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone know specifics for the Achievement and Home Goods Furnishers? Is there one of each per zone, or more/less than that?
    I discovered that each zone has that pair of merchants standing together in one city or town in that zone, but not always the obvious city. For example, the Eastmarch vendors were at Fort Amol and the Malabal Tor vendors were in Vulkwasten. If there are actually more than one pair in each zone, I never caught sight of the others. They're not too hard to find if you consult the zone map first and look for them in the NPC lists of shopping areas and inns. Occasionally they'll have their own icon on the map that looks like a chair.
    Great, thanks!
    OK, so I've looked around the Dominion and Coldharbour so far. I've found 'Home Goods Merchant' Maladdiq and 'Accolade Furnisher' Athrahgor in Skywatch, Redfur, Marbruk, Vulkwasten, and Rawl'kha. (There's an inconsistency with these guys in that they are called those titles on the map, but 'Home Goods Furnisher' and 'Achievement Furnisher' respectively when talking to them. There needs to be consistency here; 'Home Goods Furnisher' and 'Accolade Furnisher' would be best.

In Elden Root, I found two 'Achievement Furnishers' who are not on the map: Haralda Garscroft and Narwaawende. Narwaawende sells Main Quest furnishings, so she needs to be called an 'Accolade Furnisher' like Athrahgor. Given Haralda's current inventory, she seems to sell furnishings related to Festival achievements, so a better title for her would be 'Festival Furnisher'. Once their titles are sorted, these two need to be added to the map.

In Coldharbour, I found 'Home Goods Furnisher/Merchant' Krrztrrb, and 'Achievement/Accolade Furnisher' Lozotusk. These guys need to be given consistent titles like Maladdiq and Athrahgor. The map also suggests that Narwaawende is here, but in 10 minutes she never appeared, so she may be bugged in this location. Zanil Theran, the Luxury Furnisher, is also here. His map entry says 'Prestige Furnisher' rather than 'Luxury Furnisher', so that needs to be fixed too.
    Now also looked around the Covenant and Craglorn. 'Home Goods Merchant' Rohzika and 'Accolade Furnisher' Lozotusk can be found in Daggerfall, Wayrest, Shornhelm, Kozanset, and Evermore. They suffer from the same inconsistent on-map/in-world titles (Home Goods Merchant/Furnisher and Accolade/Achievement Furnisher) as the previous ones. Also as before, Haralda Garscroft and Narwaawende are found in Wayrest but are not on the map.

In Craglorn, I found 'Home Goods Merchant/Furnisher' Krrztrrb, and 'Accolade/Achievement Furnisher' Lozotusk in Belkarth. Again, their titles need to be made consistent. The map also suggests that Heralda Garscroft is here, but in 15 minutes she never appeared, so she may be bugged in this location like Narwaawende is in Coldharbour. 'Prestige Furnisher' Zanil Theran is marked on the map as being in Dragonstar, but I couldn't find him.
    Another batch done, this time the Pact and Cyrodiil. 'Home Goods Merchant' Fro Snow-Hair and 'Achievement Furnisher' Listens-to-Sea can be found in Ebonheart, Mournhold, Alten Corimont, Fort Amol, and Riften. They again suffer from mismatching titles between the game world and the map. Harelda Garscroft and Narwaawende are found in Mournhold, but are not marked on the map again.

In Cyrodiil, you find the same two Home Goods and Accolade Furnishers that are all around their alliance's territories. They are located at the secondary base gate of each alliance, the one with the banker and the crafting stations, in the inn.
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Is it possible to increase some of the invisible ceilings from certain homes? Some homes have very low ceiliings. Like you can stack 50 crates and thats it. Others you can stack like 100 Crates till you reach the top.

Also.. is it possible to free up "invisible" walls like this one here where we can not go through?
    a2e02332b77c44c58d6928dca20a9552.jpg

https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• rannon03_ESO
    So far the only thing i don't like is that in some of the bigger houses like Daggerfall overlook and some of the Dunmer style houses you don't have access to towers or balconies.I Would like to see that implemented.
  • Taysa
    Taysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    House of the Silent Magnifico is NOT in Greenshade, but Alik'r Desert. Friend also stated it states Greenshade on his end, so this mis-information is not client side.

This mis-information shows up both in the collections tab under housing, and in the House Information window. Screenshots included.
    Edited by Taysa on 7 January 2017 23:16
    5/24/18: The day ZoS suspended my forum account for trolling a troll.
  • theivorykitty
    theivorykitty
    ✭✭✭

Well, it is the "Hero of the Covenant" house, so it kinda makes sense. I do agree though, it would be nice to be able to change them. But I think they're part of the building framework, rather than separate items, so there's probably not much that can be done.

It definitely makes sense that they're there, but it's the only house that's 'branded' inside in such a way and with Tamriel One and everyone playing together, etc, etc, it would be nice and feel a bit more fair for it be more neutral.
  • Plintkabouter
    Plintkabouter
    ✭✭
    Hope this doesn't get snowed under by other comments;
    but I would really like to be able to logout instantaneously inside the house (like in most cities (except Belkarth for some reason)).
    Plint was here!
  • Ninane
    Ninane
    ZOS_GinaBruno

Master Writ Alchemy Bug

I've looked at this 15 times, and I am sure this is a bug and I'm not just doing something stupid (I really hope)...

Master Alchemy Writ:
    Craft a Ward-Draining Poison IX with the following Traits:
    Increased Spell Resist
    Protection
    Defile

That combination should be Alkahest + White Cap (Increased Spell Resist) + Mubcrab Chitin (Increased Spell Resist, Protection and Defile) + Nightshade (Protection and Defile).

This creates a "Ward-Draining Poison IX" that inflicts Minor Breach, Minor Vulnerability & Minor Defile. However, that didn't work. I made over 100 of them but my Quest Journal still says "Progress: 0/20"

So I tried Alkahest + Bugloss (Increased Spell Resist) + Nightshade (Protect and Defile) + Mubcrab Chitin (Increased Spell Resist, Protection and Defile).

This basically creates the same poison, "Ward-Draining Poison IX", it's just not as good as the first one (doesn't last as long because the Restore Health trait on the Bugloss conflicts with the Ravage Health trait on Nightshade). This did not give me any credit either.

I'm pretty sure these are the only two answers to the test question, but the writ doesn't progress. I guess I'll drop it and do a different one, but I thought I should point it out, especially as this is the first Master Alchemy Writ I've attempted (let's hope it's just this one writ).
  • Ninane
    Ninane
    - Ignore, wrong forum - sorry.
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried to visit my friend's home, and we both were in Srenja mansion. I selected travel to player and ESO crashed, twice. I know there is Visit player, but selected travel anyway.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great, thanks!

Another batch done, this time the Pact and Cyrodiil. 'Home Goods Merchant' Fro Snow-Hair and 'Achievement Furnisher' Listens-to-Sea can be found in Ebonheart, Mournhold, Alten Corimont, Fort Amol, and Riften. They again suffer from mismatching titles between the game world and the map. Harelda Garscroft and Narwaawende are found in Mournhold, but are not marked on the map again.

In Cyrodiil, you find the same two Home Goods and Accolade Furnishers that are all around their alliance's territories. They are located at the secondary base gate of each alliance, the one with the banker and the crafting stations, in the inn.
    Last lot, Starter Islands and DLC zones. The respective Furnishers for their alliance can be found in Stonetooth Fortress, Mistral, and Dhalmora. Maladdiq and Lozotusk can be found in Orsinium. Rohzika and Listens-to-Sea can be found in Abah's Landing. Fro Snow-Hair and Athrahgor can be found in Kvatch.
  • veleniasb14_ESO
    veleniasb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Mounts placed as decoration look extremely awkward in that they stay completely still. Giving mounts the same type of animations that they get in the overworld would go a long ways to improving the feel of homes' stables.
  • david19979
    david19979
    ✭✭✭
    The light sources should be brighter, it takes about 80 hanging lanterns to light up the Forsaken Stronghold inside and outside, which takes a lot of material and space. I think one kind of item should take up only one furnihing space no matter how much duplicates we place, so we could avoid the limitations set by these "necessary" objects.
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This might have been mentioned already but I haven't seen any nodes in any of the properties. Have they been deliberately ommitted or have I just missed them? I don't think it would be too op to have a few crafting nodes dotted about, maybe 1 of each type per large property, more for aesthetic value than anything else.

This might be going too far but I also think it would be cool to be able to craft a node, like planting some columbine seeds or something. It could and should be a long and arduous process, after all growing stuff irl is a time investement. Maybe grow a tree that came with its own wood node, stuff like that.
    PC | EU
  • perogwin_ESO
    perogwin_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Housing Views and Opinions (so far):

First and Foremost: The prices are ridiculous, as a casual gamer who doesn't have the desire to be part of the Trading Guild culture (ESO has by far the worst market system of the 20 or so MMO's I have played), anything beyond the small houses (maybe 1 of the medium if I save up for a year real time) for gold cost are a pipe dream. Thank good you can buy stuff with crowns!

Housing Styles -

Favorites: Khajiit (those cats know what style is all about)
    Love: Orc, Imperial, Redguard
    "Meh": Breton, Nord, Altmer, Dunmer
    Dislike: Bosmer and Argonian (with the exception of the Small) - but this is just because I am not fond of circular rooms or walls made out of mud/plant - I am sure others will love them!.

Inn Room's - To be honest, these are a complete waste of time, to small to be of any real use (Auridon's being 100 times worst then the other two).

Apartment's - Now these are what the starting rooms should have been, just the right size to make a player feel like they received something worth while and the perfect introduction to housing.

Small Houses - These are all OK floor space wise and I LOVE the fact that 6 out of the 10 have some outdoor area, that being said...

Margaux's and Snugpod - I can understand sacrificing yard space for city life, just not for me.

Moonmirth - I really think that the under area of the house border should be included in the decoratable space, like you can with Sleek Creek. Not as good as a walled yard/courtyard, but given the location and the layout it would have made sense.

Kraghome - Least favorite of the smalls, you have no yard/courtyard and you are not even trading it off for a decent city life. It either needs a small courtyard OR needs to be moved to Davon, Ebonheart, or (best choice) Mournhold. It really is the weakest link Location/Livable-Areawise of the Smalls.

Mediums Houses - With the gold costs being unrealistic for me on live and my style preference I only had dealings with the Kajiit, Orc, Imperial, and Redguard ones.

I really enjoyed the layout of these, though some of the pre furnished options were a little weird, over all a good set up

Large Houses - Since I will never be able to afford these unless I use crowns I only looked at Kajiit, Orc, Imperial, and Redguard

Lots of space to work with, I think people will really enjoy these if they can afford them, that being said...

Hunding's - AMAZING layout, love the tower and pool and balconies. The small island rock behind it should be included in the house area even if you cant place anything on it and the Slaughter fish need to go!

Strident Spring - nice layout, love the waterfall. It feels like the second high wall tower should at least have been accessible via the top of the wall (heck even being able to walk along the high wall), seems like a waste that it isn't, would have been a MAJOR selling point.

Dawnshadow - Good layout, but I think the chicken coup thing should have been a stable and the side balcony should have been a little bigger.

Forsaken Stronghold - Such an amazing set up, except for the fact the one tower you can access didn't have some kind of stairway in it so the upper tower could be accessed through both the front tower door and the top ramp. Also the front corner tower looks like it should be accessible from the courtyard and at least have a stairway inside the tower to get to its upper level.

The Manors - No chance of ever getting these unless the crown cost isn't obnoxious, but I had to give them all a try!

Serenity Falls- If I ever bought one this would be it. Love everything about it except the fact that the second floor balcony that exists it too small, there should also be one on the other side to overlook the falls, and a large balcony off of the middle area under the loft in the front of the house.

Daggerfall Overlook - I have a feeling this will be the most popular of the 3, but something needs to be done about the trap door to the water, either put a dock or something down there or get rid of the slaughter fish so you can swim around to the shore.

Ebonheart Chateaux - Super disappointing, so much untapped potential, I have a feeling you will get nothing but complaints on this one. Some if not all of the wall towers should have at least be accessible with top viewing areas. The main house tower at least (if not also the 2 wing towers) should at least have stairway or direct door links to the very top (like lighthouses) with open viewing areas that you can put furniture in. You have this AMAZING location but you can only appreciate the view from outside the courtyard walls, such a terrible waste.

The Crowns - HIT and MISS at the same time.

Grand Topal - Amazing concept and sure to be a popular seller, I just wish, for as much land mass as the thing takes up, there were more useable areas above ground level. Should have been a long winding path up and around the volcano with rocky outcroppings that could be used as balcony areas leading to the very top of the volcano with an overlook area.

Earthtear - If I own no other housing in this game I WILL own this! That being said there are still issues. What is up with this obsession with Slaughter Fish everywhere? Whomever keep putting them in place they just do not need to be needs to be reeled in (see what I did there)! The outer ring should also be accessible even if no furniture or items can be placed in that are, its a real waste that it isn't because the outer ring has some great scenery. Along the Eastern Wall of the liveable area is this great raised area with grass and pillars that would be a perfect sitting area yet you cant access it, this is my biggest pet peeve (besides the darn slaughter fish) about this otherwise awesome place, just make it useable and let us climb the rocks on either end of it to access it.

As for furniture, I didn't get too far into that since I just bought the houses furnished. The furnished/unfurnished option needs to be looked at, on a few house they are in the opposite place on the dropdown list as most of the rest.

The Seating - The sitting thing, this is a real issue but has been mentioned a hundred times already in this thread. I did notice that the Imperial Wooden Chair seem to be the only one with 100% success rate in both sitting and not clipping with characters. It took me a few minutes but I finally figured out why, that is the same chair model they use for the "/sitchair" emote so it was already designed and sized for all the races.

The Beds - almost all of the canopied beds have a major issue making them unable to be used with the sleep emote since the characters all end up being to tall to get under the top covering for it to work, same with the bunk beds.

The Craftstations - Why in the world can't you just make the base Wood/Metal/Clothing table also be attunable to all of the special set tables? Just seem silly to have to have 100 craft stations in order to cover all the sets.

As for getting the recipes, I haven't gotten that far, that will be the next thing I do, but for now I hope all this helps...

• NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We need to be able to ACCESS OUR GUILD TRADERS from our houses, somehow. Maybe buff the banker guy to let him access our traders? That'd tie it into the crown store for you. :wink::wink:

Regardless, if my house is to replace Rawl'kha as my "home" spot, where I go to take care of business and park my characters, it MUST do the following:
    1. Contain crafting stations for deconning and upgrading items
    2. Contain a merchant for vendoring items and repairing my gear (crown store merchant works)
    3. Contain a fence where I can sell stolen items (quest reward fence works)
    4. Contain access to my guild traders (!!!)
    5. Contain a cooking station where I can craft my food/drink
    6. Contain an alchemy station where I can craft my potions
    7. Contain an enchanting station where I can decon glyphs and make new ones

Bonus features that would be cool and would keep visitors coming back to your house:
    1. Crafting stations capable of making 5pc sets, BUT these must NOT take up a lot of space -- just make the one station of each type attune to all the sets you can craft with your currently researched traits
    2. Werewolf and/or vamp shrine if the owner is a ww or vamp
    3. Small exp bonus, renewable by visiting the house (this would be big for keeping friends coming back!)
    4. Giant tapestries or banners with guild symbols on them, like from the tabbards
    5. stripper pole

Just some random thoughts I had a few weeks ago but never got around to posting.
    Edited by NightbladeMechanics on 8 January 2017 10:15
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Housing Feedback Compilation

Favourite House
    : Stay-Moist Mansion

Housing is awesome.
    • The amount of customization is incredible. Super excited to get creative on Live with this!
    • Love that the Shalidor's Library Books have a variety of book covers.
    • The new loading screens are beautiful and are giving me so many ideas for decorating.
    • The Banyan trees are amazing! I think they came with the Grand Topal Island, but I'd buy em individually:)
    • Fishing for items is so great, it makes me pay attention to what I catch! (I got some Coral - Sun, can't wait to make displays on Live.
    • Furniture items that I really love: Argonian Snakes on a Rope (mmm snakes); Dark Ledger and Litany of Blood books; Fishing Vessel (I have a great idea for this and my landlocked home); Orcish Tapestry, War is just plain Epic; all the "Enchanted Lights" in the Parlor section - glowing crystals omg; Argonian Canopy, Frilled is actually a reed boat, which is awesome, it might be a bug, but it is awesome!
    • Sorry, I reported it as a bug! Lorebooks no longer glow once the character has read them! Since my character is only missing 5 books, it appeared as though everything stopped glowing. So sorry! This is a great change!.

Requests/Suggestions
    • Furniture Lock option; allow us to place and object and lock it so we cannot accidentally move it. Example; player puts shelf where s/he wants it, locks it (may unlock if necessary from the Retrieve Tab), then places items on the shelf - which means placing and picking up, repositioning the items until satisfied; if the shelf is "locked" it cannot accidentally be picked up instead of an item being placed on the shelf.
    • Guild Banners please
    • Alphabetical Furniture Crafting Menus; would make it a lot easier to locate items once we know a lot of diagrams.
    • A separate category for crafting stations would make life easier
    • Possibly also group all lanterns/lamps/braziers into the same overall category to make choosing light sources simpler.
    • Book placing is currently quite difficult. I wanted to place them on a shelf (vertical, spines out) but kept accidentally picking up the shelf, align cause the face of the book to turn towards me, and they must be placed individually. If possible a feature to 'fill a shelf' with the books? or see the Furniture Lock suggestion so at least we can lock each item when we get it where we want it so that we don't accidentally move it.
    • Could we have dirt/earth patches for making potted plants, gardens? Also, sometimes the grass at the houses is going through objects - so, can we get a lawnmower option?
    • Please provide more Flour and Style stones for pts testing; furniture crafting takes a lot of these mats! But especially Flour since we cannot buy it on a vendor.
    • Could we get an Ashlander Tent? and a "House" that is a camping ground.
    • I need those bowls of coloured powders that Argonians all seem to have laying around. I have no idea what they are for: spices, paint, incense..food? but I NEED them. Please:)
    • The mushroom racks/barrels near alchemy stations in the world are really cute; could you add them to our furniture list?
    • There is a henhouse/small livestock house, has a door, ramp, some straw. Could you add this to the furniture list?
    • Many things hang, but have shorter chain/rope than the height of the ceilings; would it possible to add lengths of chain and rope to extend these?
    • Future hope: water features like ponds, small fountains, pools, baths would be great!
    • Please add Cheese Wheels, big Yellow-Orange ones like in Skyrim.
    • Could you please make all houses safe logout zones, so we don't get the 10 second timer?
    • Could you please make the Sanctuary Sconce a red light? Would make for a much creepier (and epic) Dark Brotherhood room/house/shrine...
    • Listing the colour corresponding to the item quality needed for Master Writs would be helpful.
    • Please label Crown-Only items. This makes shopping/planning so much easier for us. (Furniture items)
    • Harvester's Ore could use an upgrade, it looks like a couple lumps of coal...
    • Mountain of Loot needs more loot! brighter in colour, taller a bit, maybe some gems/golden items/gold or silver bars/jewelry (achievement takes quite a bit of effort/time; please amp the item up)
    • Oblivion Stone; the rune on this could be a bit brighter/more obvious

Questions!
    • Are some items only available with furnished homes? I have found some that are, but not sure if it is intended or an oversight.
    • Will we ever be able to Deconstruct furniture?
    • Is there an Achievement/Accolade vendor for Shadows of the Hist? I looked everywhere I thought logical and didn't see one.

Bugs
    • Some items seem to be disappearing between visits to houses. I was placing one of each item out to see them all, one category per house. I know I lost Rough Block, Stone Slab and Rough Block, Stone Chunk from the Grand Topal Hideaway and the Nibenese Forge (crown only purchase) from Serenity Falls. I suspect there are a few others randomly vanishing as I checked my item lists...but I can't recall exactly. Note: they are not listed in the Retrieve tab either so they didn't just fall through the ground.
    • There is a floating fire in Forsaken house in Bangkorai (unfurnished) - just inside the upper level door to the right.
    • The Master Mediator does not update currency while in his window making it appear as though you have purchased nothing (and if like me managed to buy the same thing multiple times until it said I had no currency...)
    • Align Feature acts very oddly sometimes. I am not sure how it chooses what to align to.
    • Banker and mounts do not stay at the home after you leave.
    • Grand Topal Hideaway: I managed to duplicate and get the original kelp stuck by the boat to Grahtwood. I had selected the Kelp with the cursor. I could not move the 'original' Kelp by cursor or Retrieve menu; honestly think it doesn't exist as it seemed to duplicate when I moved it. Left a ghost image behind or something
    • House of the Silent Magnifico; the map tab says it is in Greenshade but the house is in A'likr
    • Many Breton items are tagged "Bind on Equip".
    • If player opens inventory while mounted and still, the player is rapidly dismounted and the inventory menu rapidly opens and closes.
    • Many lorebooks are no longer glowing! Some still are, but most seem to have lost their glow!
    • Khajiit Column, Spiked: once placed this item cannot be picked back up into the inventory.
    • The 'Breton Figure, Stone' is in the statue category but is really tiny compared to the other statues (is it supposed to be tiny?)
    • some rugs and carpets have collision and some don't (I can use some like stairs)
    • Wood Elf Barrel, Sturdy should say Bar not Barrel (typo)
    • Argonian Canopy, Frilled: it's a boat! please rename - I love the boat
    • Bowl of Blood, the description calls the item a statue that changes, description doesn't fit item

Item Bugs
    • Missing Texture on some surfaces, visible when rotated
      • Common Block, Chopping Block
      • Khajiit Column, Spiked
      • Moonmont Lunar Altar
      • Orcish Platform, Block
      • Rock, Weathered Flat
      • Nibenese Pedestal, Stone (missing all texture, appears solid black)
      • Atmoran Eagle, Snake and Whale Totem Medallions
      • Constellation Tiles: Ritual, Shadow and Tower
      • Gold Estate Keg
      • Mountain of Loot
      • Shackle Control Stone
    • Items with same Model and different Names or Quality
      • Tea Table, Carved (one is white and one is green quality)
      • Argonian Basket, Woven and Argonian Snakes in a Basket look identical
      • Rough Bag, Burlap (one is white and one is green quality)
      • Yokudan Tumbler and Hanging Wedding Lantern look identical
      • Hourglass, Common and Redguard Hourglass of the Desert Sands look identical
      • Dark Elf Rug, Striated and Tribual Rug look identical
      • Coffer Gem and Enchanting Gem look identical
      • Lantern, Dim and Lantern, Hanging and Breton Lantern, Hanging look identical
      • Poisonmaker's Satchel and Poison Satchel look identical
    • Items with the same Name and different Model
      • Rock, Flat Mossy
      • Stone, Stacked Desert
      • Tree, Mossy Forest

Edited by Mix on 8 January 2017 15:02