Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 22:00 UTC (6:00PM EDT) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667080
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 9, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667081

BECOMING EMPEROR IS BULL

• CokeVoAYCE
    CokeVoAYCE
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sausage wrote: »
    Thats actually best idea Ive heard in a while here, once you get Emperor, you should get off the list and next time somebody else gets it.

yeah
  • Father_X_Zombie
    Father_X_Zombie
    ✭✭✭✭
    Try a 7 day campaign with a lower population. If you fail you can just try again when the leaderboards reset
    GT: AK x Zombie

Marcurio Avidius - Breton Sorcerer - The Flawless Conquerer - General
    Raven Avidius - Imperial Nightblade - Stormproof
    Cicero Avidius - Imperial Templar - First Sergeant
    Audens Avidius - Breton Templar - Stormproof
    Jimi Hendrix - Redguard Dragonknight - Stormproof
    Leliana Artaine - Breton Nightblade - Stormproof
    Brutus Decinus - Imperial Sorcerer - Stormproof AD
    Wait aren't you DC - Dark elf Nightblade EP
    Achilleus Infernium - Breton Dragonknight
    Claudia Aurella - Imperial Warden
    DC NA XB1

RIP XB1 NA Chillrend 2015-2017
    Home to emp farmers and roleplayers
    Put out of its misery by Brian Wheeler

• CokeVoAYCE
    CokeVoAYCE
    ✭✭✭✭
    Try a 7 day campaign with a lower population. If you fail you can just try again when the leaderboards reset

i only do 7 day campaigns. i couldn't ever stand 30 days. don't have the patience for that.
  • Dradhok
    Dradhok
    ✭✭✭
    I am all about getting every achievement....

Except this one.

This shouldn’t even be one of the achievements. It is so far from realistic for the average player that it isn’t even a goal for most people. I personally wouldn’t dedicate my life to pvp, and I literally mean your life. Setting an alarm to adjust you sleep schedule not to mention having to stay behind your screen for days is ridiculous.
  • Waseem
    Waseem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »
    Waseem wrote: »
    LOL i got emp its pretty easy
    i quit my job and played 18 hours everyday over 2 weeks

I am all for heavy gaming, and being dedicated to a game... But, you quit your job over a video game title...? I seriously hope you're joking. Because if not, I seriously question your priorities.

oh well.. i switched from job to another with about 30 days no work between them, and in that period i got emp, and no i am not a software engineer, they both were low wage jobs ^^
    PC EU

• Birdovic
    Birdovic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually that was a great Idea.

I mean between all the rant in the OP, allowing everyone to only become Emp a fixed amount of times per Campaign, that sounds like a really good idea. Could work like this:

Top 1 has 500k points | Top 2 has 450k | Top 3 has 350k

-> Top 1 becomes Emp, after 2 days loses Emperorship
    -> Same Alliance gets Emp again, Top 2 still has less Points than Top 1 -> Still becomes Emp because Top 1 already was Emp
    -> Top 2 is Emp, after 1 days loses Emperorship
    -> Same Alliance gets Emp again, Top 1 and 2 still have most Points, Top 3 becomes emp because those two already were Emp already, etc.
  • CokeVoAYCE
    CokeVoAYCE
    ✭✭✭✭
    Birdovic wrote: »

I mean between all the rant in the OP, allowing everyone to only become Emp a fixed amount of times per Campaign, that sounds like a really good idea. Could work like this:

-> Same Alliance gets Emp again, Top 2 still has less Points than Top 1 -> Still becomes Emp because Top 1 already was Emp
    -> Same Alliance gets Emp again, Top 1 and 2 still have most Points, Top 3 becomes emp because those two already were Emp already, etc.

that's what i had in mind.
  • FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maybe if you didn't spam the zone chat with caps lock on all night people would be more likely to help you but after seeing the toxicity of some people in that campaign I don't think it's gonna happen.
  • Pepper8Jack
    Pepper8Jack
    ✭✭✭
    Easy fix, switch campaigns and try again after that one resets. There's always going to be some people tearing it up to try for emp, you just have to crank out enough AP to stay ahead long enough to get all 6 keeps
  • Cryptical
    Cryptical
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And the in-game logic to support this is "Many have demonstrated the strength to ascend to the Ruby Throne, but none have had the strength to hold the seat."
    Xbox NA
  • CokeVoAYCE
    CokeVoAYCE
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe if you didn't spam the zone chat with caps lock on all night people would be more likely to help you but after seeing the toxicity of some people in that campaign I don't think it's gonna happen.

why do you say they are toxic?
  • FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Spam rapid regen or mutagen and you get a lot of AP
  • CokeVoAYCE
    CokeVoAYCE
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cryptical wrote: »

And the in-game logic to support this is "Many have demonstrated the strength to ascend to the Ruby Throne, but none have had the strength to hold the seat."

well for someone to lose emp an enemy faction must take the 6 keeps from you, so the lore-friendly to say why their AP was reset was the enemy faction came in, killed the emp, and took it.
  • FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    CokeVoAYCE wrote: »

Not all but some were very rude to each other over the course of the night especially when it got closer to the campaign reset.
  • CokeVoAYCE
    CokeVoAYCE
    ✭✭✭✭

Not all but some were very rude to each other over the course of the night especially when it got closer to the campaign reset.

why?
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm confused.

Is the OP complaining that there are better PvPers than he/she?

That's what I'm getting.

I'm HORRIBLE at PvP, so, when I lose out, I just kind of accept it.

Anybody want to gank me? I'll give you a list of my character names and you can have at any of them. At least, if I know who's killing me, I won't feel like such a loser. A loser, yes, but, at least not as much of one.

Just look for the toons cowering in the corners of Cyrodil with a "Don't Hit Me" sign in front of them. That would be me. :)
  • FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DenMoria wrote: »
    I'm confused.

That's what I'm getting.

Anybody want to gank me? I'll give you a list of my character names and you can have at any of them. At least, if I know who's killing me, I won't feel like such a loser. A loser, yes, but, at least not as much of one.

Just look for the toons cowering in the corners of Cyrodil with a "Don't Hit Me" sign in front of them. That would be me. :)

OP is trolling. If you played on PC in DC you would see a lot of chat spam from him/her. He/she was spamming zone chat all night with caps lock on about wanting to be Emp. Clearly didn't want it enough because was knocked off the leader board very quickly.
  • MsSwan
    MsSwan
    Keep trying and keep your fingers crossed. :-)
    Don’t waste your time looking back. You’re not going that way.
  • CokeVoAYCE
    CokeVoAYCE
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm confused.

That's what I'm getting.

OP is trolling. If you played on PC in DC you would see a lot of chat spam from him/her. He/she was spamming zone chat all night with caps lock on about wanting to be Emp. Clearly didn't want it enough because was knocked off the leader board very quickly.

what makes you think i was trolling?
  • FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm confused.

That's what I'm getting.

Sorry but I can't take you seriously anymore after constantly reading what you type in zone chat
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Find a different campaign? I've been in the top 5 a lot, but just do not have the time to ever get emp.
  • FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Karivaa wrote: »
    Find a different campaign? I've been in the top 5 a lot, but just do not have the time to ever get emp.

What campaign do you play?
  • BFT88
    BFT88
    ✭✭✭✭
    sounds like a l2p isuue.
  • CokeVoAYCE
    CokeVoAYCE
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm confused.

That's what I'm getting.

Sorry but I can't take you seriously anymore after constantly reading what you type in zone chat

i hate people like this. not trying to be funny, entertaining, informative, helpful or anything. just pure negativity oozing out of them like a spiritless husk.
  • FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm confused.

That's what I'm getting.

i hate people like this. not trying to be funny, entertaining, informative, helpful or anything. just pure negativity oozing out of them like a spiritless husk.

I have seen you be pretty negative toward people in zone including myself. Also I do like to think of myself as a very negative person so thanks for the compliment :)
    Edited by FLuFFyxMuFFiN on 6 July 2016 18:59
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm confused.

That's what I'm getting.

Sorry OP, this behavior certainly won't help in getting emperor.

Regardless of what means you use get to the AP, without popular support and a good deal of luck you won't make it, unless you play on dead campaigns which does not really exist anymore in PC.

Sure, if you are not a regular in that campaign and most people know you, you will be at a disadvantage. Especially so, if you jump right it in near the start of the campaign and have never set foot there earlier. People might be salty and want their regulars for the throne. But as along as you don't earn the hate of your alliance (Trolling zone chat / Kill friends on other alliances for AP / Go only for the emperor keeps and forget everything else / Practically anything that your fellow alliance members doom selfish), there would at least be some players who would support you. Unless you *** off the rest of your alliance, when you actually push for emperor, most of the other players of your alliance would support you.
    But on the other hand, if you earn the reputation of a selfish rat that just came to play for emperor, good luck get any support. People might even start greifing / trolling / switch to their opposite alliance characters just to stop you from getting emperor.
  • FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ^
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stratforge wrote: »
    Dude, set your alarm and wake up. If you don't even care enough to do that, quit whining.

that's the thing. i did set my alarm, i was one of the first on. that's how i got to #4. my problem is the competition i have with much more pro pvpers that also set their alarm...

Why not contact them, see if they'll help you out.
    Last I checked, people don't suck nearly as much as we expect them to.
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
    Have you seen the Twin Lamps?
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sausage wrote: »
    Thats actually best idea Ive heard in a while here, once you get Emperor, you should get off the list and next time somebody else gets it.

Nah, then pvp would not be challenging any more.

• CokeVoAYCE
    CokeVoAYCE
    ✭✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »
    I'm confused.

That's what I'm getting.

Sorry OP, this behavior certainly won't help in getting emperor.

Regardless of what means you use get to the AP, without popular support and a good deal of luck you won't make it, unless you play on dead campaigns which does not really exist anymore in PC.

Sure, if you are not a regular in that campaign and most people know you, you will be at a disadvantage. Especially so, if you jump right it in near the start of the campaign and have never set foot there earlier. People might be salty and want their regulars for the throne. But as along as you don't earn the hate of your alliance (Trolling zone chat / Kill friends on other alliances for AP / Go only for the emperor keeps and forget everything else / Practically anything that your fellow alliance members doom selfish), there would at least be some players who would support you. Unless you *** off the rest of your alliance, when you actually push for emperor, most of the other players of your alliance would support you.
    But on the other hand, if you earn the reputation of a selfish rat that just came to play for emperor, good luck get any support. People might even start greifing / trolling / switch to their opposite alliance characters just to stop you from getting emperor.

what is with this?? you guys actually believe fluffy's narrative? ask the people in DC yourself. they love me. like donald trump. i have the support of most of the top pvpers to get me emp, that isn't an issue. fluffy is just being a sourpuss for no reason.