Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 22:00 UTC (6:00PM EDT) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667080
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 9, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667081

BECOMING EMPEROR IS BULL

• GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think flawless conqueror or stormproof has more value than an Emperor title. That is some hard work to get through VMA without dying or have any of your mates die once. For an Emperor, all you need is to kill one dude or dudette or ask nicely and that Emperor will let you kill him or her so you can just get the title, costume or dye.
  • Skinzz
    Skinzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GreenhaloX wrote: »
    I think flawless conqueror or stormproof has more value than an Emperor title. That is some hard work to get through VMA without dying or have any of your mates die once. For an Emperor, all you need is to kill one dude or dudette or ask nicely and that Emperor will let you kill him or her so you can just get the title, costume or dye.

There is no title for killing an emp, just an achievement
    Anybody got a group? LFG, anybody? Hello?
  • Waseem
    Waseem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL i got emp its pretty easy
    i quit my job and played 18 hours everyday over 2 weeks
    PC EU

• purple-magicb16_ESO
    purple-magicb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CokeVoAYCE wrote: »
    YEAH, HERE'S WHAT IT BECOMES: THE SAME 4 PEOPLE GET IT EVERY TIME, AND GET A MONOPOLY ON THE FASTEST WAY TO GAIN AP. THEY SET THEIR ALARM TO GET UP AT THE VERY BEGINNING OF EACH CAMPAIGN, AND SNATCH IT OUT OF EVERYONE ELSE'S HANDS!! how is this fun? can something not be implemented to make it so you can only get emp once per campaign or something? sheesh.

Lol! Why is there no cooldown on this? There's certainly a cooldown for everything else. I would think a 1 month cooldown on emp status should be sufficient.

Sorry just my "outside looking in" opinion. I never go for emp... I have a job, wife and kids and social life that I"d like to keep.
    Edited by purple-magicb16_ESO on 6 July 2016 12:21
    I don't comment here often but when I do, I get [snip]
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Waseem wrote: »
    LOL i got emp its pretty easy
    i quit my job and played 18 hours everyday over 2 weeks

I am all for heavy gaming, and being dedicated to a game... But, you quit your job over a video game title...? I seriously hope you're joking. Because if not, I seriously question your priorities.
    Edited by Ch4mpTW on 6 July 2016 12:21
  • KiraTsukasa
    KiraTsukasa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's pretty much been BS ever since the game came out. It used to be that people that quit the game were still getting the top spot for more than six months after they quit.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you gotten Emp yet?
  • CokeVoAYCE
    CokeVoAYCE
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have you gotten Emp yet?

no i was at #4 but some person that was one of those pro 1vX pvpers shot up and took it from me and was getting ap at 4x the rate i was. i'm in DC haderus campaign, it's harder than AD or EP in haderus. our top pvpers have like 600k ap while the top in AD and EP didn't even top 300k, so i'm dealing with much tougher competition.
  • ThoraxtheDark
    ThoraxtheDark
    ✭✭✭
    Most people know , the emperors are the people who literally have nothing else they need to do other than play eso.
    So what if he uses all caps? The guy is realizing there are people with no other priorities other than this game, which essentially makes it a competition on who can play in cyrodiil more.

This is an nearly an impossible feat for the average person to achieve.
    Emperors should only go to those putting in the effort : Very true

That being said, personally i put effort into my job so i can pay my internet so i can play ESO. But that doesn't help you in your race to emperorship.

When your competition are people who can play for 18 plus hours a day everyday for weeks on end, than no matter what your skill you will never pass them.

The only way you can get it is messaging these people, join their guild and eventually ask them to help you push Emperor.

I would gather roughly 90% of the eso community cannot put down this amount of time and effort into a video game they play to have fun.

If you are calling this guy a whiner, maybe think outside the box for a second and consider life. Not to throw out the old "living in your moms basement" soapbox, but some of us do not have that "luxury" per say. Honestly no one is whining here except the people stating the OP is
  • Neirymn
    Neirymn
    ✭✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »
    Dude, I got emperor running with PUGs and being at the right place at the right time. Sure, I made friends in most of the active guilds of that campaign to make sure that my alliance gets enough momentum to capture the six keeps in the first place and occasional help in getting more AP when some other player manages to come dangerously close to my score.
    Also unless you happen a lot of free time or manage to play at work/university, wait for a holiday of at least a week before attempting it. You would need to change your sleeping habits quite a bit. Play straight till 5 AM, farming resources work great at night hours. Then sleep for two-three hours, and play again till the next day while taking a few cat naps of an hour occasionally when things slow down, especially during early afternoon. This kind of routine needs some physical fitness though or you would end up burning out.

lol If you want to become an Emperor, real life has to be dead for you!
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you gotten Emp yet?

no i was at #4 but some person that was one of those pro 1vX pvpers shot up and took it from me and was getting ap at 4x the rate i was. i'm in DC haderus campaign, it's harder than AD or EP in haderus. our top pvpers have like 600k ap while the top in AD and EP didn't even top 300k, so i'm dealing with much tougher competition.

There are many things they do to get the AP needed to be #1. Even when the campaign is empty they're out there gaining AP by any means they can.
  • Hawco10
    Hawco10
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have a question that's always bugged me about alliance points. There's people in the pho arenas with millions upon millions of points.
    How does someone go about collecting such a vast number?
    I go in there every other day and run around and end up picking points here and there, but it boggles my mind when I see people with 6/7 million points. Are they playing 24/7 or something ?
  • jello
    jello
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wayne emperor?
    Dunmer - Nightblade
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't get emperor then
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly no one is whining here except the people stating the OP is

>not whining
    >block caps and profanity in thread title

pick one
  • clayandaudrey_ESO
    clayandaudrey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have to type in all caps in Cyrodiil zone chat to get Emperor. That is the secret.

Thought you knew that since you always type in caps here on the forums.
  • Martijn_Garritsen
    Martijn_Garritsen
    Soul Shriven
    Maybe if you were really nice to us wed elect you emperor my dude :)
  • CokeVoAYCE
    CokeVoAYCE
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe if you were really nice to us wed elect you emperor my dude :)

i already had like 4 of the top pvpers in haderus sayin' "lets get coke emp" but ofc someone still beat me to it because they are just way faster ap farmers and wouldn't listen to us. .-.
  • CokeVoAYCE
    CokeVoAYCE
    ✭✭✭✭
    You have to type in all caps in Cyrodiil zone chat to get Emperor. That is the secret.

Thought you knew that since you always type in caps here on the forums.

IT WAS RIGHT UNDER MY NOSE THE WHOLE TIME... DAMNIT!! THE IRONY
  • CokeVoAYCE
    CokeVoAYCE
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is why I gave up, I've been 1/2/3 a few times only for someone farming AP to come shooting past you with almost 2x the AP you are gaining

this was exactly my problem. how am i supposed to stop someone like fengrush from getting more AP than me and snipping emp right from under me?
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Achievement of Emperor is a lot more complicated then just AP . You have to have the support of the faction . There's a Game of Thrones mini game that must be played . If you don't appease the right people , you very well may sit at number one while the faction never pushes the map . So there's only so much you can control on a active campaign .

You maybe able to get away with this on a empty campaign with a good group if your fast and sneaky . The social aspect is very frustrating for people that don't shake hands well .

• Transairion
    Transairion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unpopular opinion I'm sure, but Emperor should be once only then account locked forever.

The only reason the same people go after and hold Emp over and over is because Emperor provides massive stat/damage/etc bonuses to the current player... these people wouldn't be going after Emperor if it didn't give them the ability to solo huge zergs themselves, would they?

It's PvP, having a system that buffs the hell out of one player is just ripe to be abused, and so it is. Of course they'll keep doing it until Emperor becomes cosmetic only.

.... remember back when Emperor gave you a new, permanent skill line? LOL

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is why I gave up, I've been 1/2/3 a few times only for someone farming AP to come shooting past you with almost 2x the AP you are gaining

this was exactly my problem. how am i supposed to stop someone like fengrush from getting more AP than me and snipping emp right from under me?

You get more AP than him. That's how. When it's slow do repair everything take resources, especially with quests. When it's busy setup defending objectives. Spend every waking moment in the campaign. Heck, take a week off work and dedicate yourself to the goal.

Never say never and never say die. Keep the faith bro and fight on for the covenant.
  • ZOS_DaryaK
    ZOS_DaryaK
    admin
    We've removed several posts that were not contributing to this discussion. Please keep your posts civil and constructive.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Valrien
    Valrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stratforge wrote: »
    Dude, set your alarm and wake up. If you don't even care enough to do that, quit whining.

that's the thing. i did set my alarm, i was one of the first on. that's how i got to #4. my problem is the competition i have with much more pro pvpers that also set their alarm...

So...you're upset that people are better than you and keeping you from being first place?
    Valrien Dravic -- Level 50 Dunmeri Sorcerer (EP)
    Garahel Dravic -- Level 50 Bosmeri Nightblade (EP)
    Tamriel Unlimited was a mistake. One Tamriel was a bigger mistake
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

You don't.

Emperor is not an achievement everyone is going to get.
  • Kattemynte
    Kattemynte
    ✭✭✭
    I am terrible at PvP and only do it to get the skills but I think there should be other ways of becoming Emperor. After launch there used to be more PvP servers but those got spread out to consoles and now we have 4 servers. That greatly reduces the chances of becoming Emperor especially since the casual player is never going to spend even a fraction of their time playing the game as even the top 100 people.
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Most people know , the emperors are the people who literally have nothing else they need to do other than play eso.

Not true. Did you read the OP?
    THEY SET THEIR ALARM TO GET UP AT THE VERY BEGINNING OF EACH CAMPAIGN, AND SNATCH IT OUT OF EVERYONE ELSE'S HANDS!!

You can get Emp and still maintain interaction with humans which some would call "A real life".

Just play smart and know when to Emp.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I play 2 hours a day and all day on the weekends and I got EMP. Its not about playing harder its about playing smarter and making use of every second of your time to gain AP.
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Sausage
    Sausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thats actually best idea Ive heard in a while here, once you get Emperor, you should get off the list and next time somebody else gets it.