Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Eidetic Memory Bugs/Comments/Help

• spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone know where I can find this post quest?

Letter from Druid Laurel
  • Gabriel_H
    Gabriel_H
    ✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »
    For those who haven't yet found it, I just wanted to confirm that Emeric's Judgement is found in random bookshelves. I've been touring the bookshelves of Galen for days and it finally popped in Castle Tonnere.

I think the following books are currently unavailable (either bugged or only live during specific events):

Notes and Memos - A Plea for the Elder Scrolls x 2, Scroll temples of Mnem & Chim

Rituals and Revelations - Rite of the Scion

Systres Tomes and Scrolls - Izbadd's Letter, Kiv's Notes, Letter from Aurelia Jourvel, Ode to the Nose of a Woman

The Impressario's Catalogue - A Quest of Sand, Snow and Blood, An Invitation to Elsweyr, Bounties of Blackwood

Wrothgar Writings - Royal Messenger's Fate

If anyone knows differently, please let me know where the books can be located so I can go get them.

Thanks!

The scroll books are there in the scroll temples but frequently load incorrectly so they're glitched into the ground and can't be targeted. You can try running far enough away for them to respawn or relogging. It may take several tries to get them to spawn on top of the pedestals. At one point Kevin said he'd pass the issue on to the devs, but as far as I'm aware it's never been fixed.

Also can't read them if you are in combat. It's possible to get to the notes before getting aggro but is very tricky. The other option is to clear the mobs and risk attracting player attention.

My best advice: Clear the mobs quickly. Stand next to note. Log out. Log back in. Should be there and readable.
  • This_0ne
    This_0ne
    ✭✭✭✭
    "About Jhaka" book is bugged? Dont see it in Pulk after quest.
  • jrmwvu04
    jrmwvu04
    ✭✭
    Is "The Reformatory Register" from the deadlands available? UESP says it's in the Brandfire Reformatory delve, but I've been all through the place and can't find it. Wondering if it's one of those ones that disappear post quest.
  • fall0athboy
    fall0athboy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone know where to find "The Penitent's Tale"? I have torn the city upside down.
  • Daniel141182
    Daniel141182
    ✭✭
    note to cynric
    rite of scion
    royal messanger fate

Any of these fixed after last patch? Post quest
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    note to cynric
    rite of scion
    royal messanger fate

Maybe we have to wait for the next upgrade. But we must be pushy, insistent, boring, continuously, and we must not give up.
    Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    note to cynric
    rite of scion
    royal messanger fate

Maybe we have to wait for the next upgrade. But we must be pushy, insistent, boring, continuously, and we must not give up.

That's why I'm looking forward to lore books (not skills) per account, but I'm guessing that would be a lot of work because you have to remember that there are books that we need purple books for mage guild tree.
  • fall0athboy
    fall0athboy
    ✭✭✭✭
    note to cynric
    rite of scion
    royal messanger fate

In regards to "Note to Cynric", are you not able to get into Garrick's Rest post-quest?

I still cannot believe "Rite of the Scion" is still unavailable. It's been years.
  • Daniel141182
    Daniel141182
    ✭✭
    note to cynric
    rite of scion
    royal messanger fate

In regards to "Note to Cynric", are you not able to get into Garrick's Rest post-quest?

I still cannot believe "Rite of the Scion" is still unavailable. It's been years.

Yes i can get in there post quest. But the note is gone post quest. At least i can not see it
  • agwm_2014
    agwm_2014
    ✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »

Letter from Druid Laurel

Hi, you can find it at the Beldama Wyrd camp in Glenumbra (south of Farwatch wayshrine, where you were during the related quest).
    Edited by agwm_2014 on 3 January 2023 10:38
  • agwm_2014
    agwm_2014
    ✭✭
    Hi, is it currently possible to get any of these after completing the related quest?:

Systres Tomes and Scrolls
    • Letter from Aurelia Jourvel
    • Note to Cynric
    • Ode to the Nose of a Woman

Wrothgar Writings
    • Royal Messenger's Fate

And after upgrading the tribute cards with an alt, is there any way currently to get the 19 clue related lorebooks of Tomes of Tributes with my main?

• Welanduz
    Welanduz
    ✭✭✭
    agwm_2014 wrote: »

Letter from Druid Laurel

Hi, you can find it at the Beldama Wyrd camp in Glenumbra (sourth of Farwatch wayshrine, where you were during the related quest).

Hi!
    I can't find it. Can you pease help me with a more specific description or with a picture?
    Many thanks in advance,
    Welanduz
    Das Leben ist einfach zu kurz um es wirklich ernst zu nehmen!
  • yachoor
    yachoor
    ✭✭
    Welanduz wrote: »

Letter from Druid Laurel

Hi, you can find it at the Beldama Wyrd camp in Glenumbra (sourth of Farwatch wayshrine, where you were during the related quest).

Hi!
    I can't find it. Can you pease help me with a more specific description or with a picture?
    Many thanks in advance,
    Welanduz

Go south from wayshrine until you cross the river - the book is at the tree edge, near a basket
  • Welanduz
    Welanduz
    ✭✭✭
    yachoor wrote: »

Letter from Druid Laurel

Hi!
    Many thanks in advance,
    Welanduz

Go south from wayshrine until you cross the river - the book is at the tree edge, near a basket

You made my day! :) I was looking near the Beldama Wyrd tree

And for all others blind like me, here a picture :smile:

Letter from Druid Laurel

7tZr3v.png

Greetings, Welanduz

• Welanduz
    Welanduz
    ✭✭✭
    Hi,
    wolf2017 wrote: »
    Hello
    List of my needed books
    Izbadd's Letter (related to "Green with Envy" quest with Ember)

You crossed that book off your list. Did you get it from the quest, or is there another way?

Greetings, Welanduz
  • Welanduz
    Welanduz
    ✭✭✭
    Hi,

I'm missing
    - An Invitation to Elsweyr
    - A Quest of Sand, Snow and Blood

Is there no other option but to wait for the events to come back?

Greetings,
    Welanduz
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi,

I'm missing
    - An Invitation to Elsweyr
    - A Quest of Sand, Snow and Blood

Is there no other option but to wait for the events to come back?

Greetings,
    Welanduz

Those are both from events. The first is from the elsweyr event, which is this upcoming one, and the second is from the Year One event, which will hopefully be later in the year.
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
    Vamp and WW bites available for players.
    Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!
  • fall0athboy
    fall0athboy
    ✭✭✭✭
    image.png

Am I correct in assuming that this is the "Time to Face Reality" lorebook, and that if it is, it's currently inaccessible?

Edit: Nope, just very difficult to get the angle of. This was helpful.
    Edited by fall0athboy on 3 January 2023 23:34
  • AzureTheAware
    AzureTheAware
    ✭✭
    Heya Folks i joined the Lorebook game und first off all i want to thank every of you pioneers that helped me find missing Lorebooks. But some wasnt mentioned or answered here.

Arnoit and Lisette: The True Story // It says via Uesp that its in the Castle Mornard Library. But i cant enter it postquest throw the maindoor. Does anyone got a solution for it?

Secret History of the Longhouse Emperors // Somewhere in the deadlands, someone asked for it here but there was no explicit anwer.

Legion's Arrival Clue // Its from the Tales of Tribute victory Rewards, i really read it but at this time it did not count. Someone else got a similar problem.

An Ode to the Disenfranchised // Is clipped under the rock where it should lay. in 2 Campaigns I see the yellow/golden glow, at the third nothing. Does anyone has a solution? Waiting for Cyrodiil event?
    Edited by AzureTheAware on 4 January 2023 13:24
  • LMarshall910
    LMarshall910
    ✭✭
    Does anyone know where the below books are under the Tales of Tamriel Eidetic Memory collection?
    The Year 2920, vol. 3
    The Year 2920, vol. 19

UESP suggests Bookshelves in Auridon, Glenumbra, and Stonefalls for vol. 3, but does anyone know of a more specific location?
    There is also no location at all for vol. 19 listed, does anyone have any ideas?
  • fall0athboy
    fall0athboy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone know where the below books are under the Tales of Tamriel Eidetic Memory collection?
    The Year 2920, vol. 3
    The Year 2920, vol. 19

UESP suggests Bookshelves in Auridon, Glenumbra, and Stonefalls for vol. 3, but does anyone know of a more specific location?
    There is also no location at all for vol. 19 listed, does anyone have any ideas?

The Elder Scrolls Fandom Wiki says that Volume 3 can potentially be found in Vulkhel Guard.
    Edited by fall0athboy on 5 January 2023 04:22
  • fall0athboy
    fall0athboy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Heya Folks i joined the Lorebook game und first off all i want to thank every of you pioneers that helped me find missing Lorebooks. But some wasnt mentioned or answered here.

Arnoit and Lisette: The True Story // It says via Uesp that its in the Castle Mornard Library. But i cant enter it postquest throw the maindoor. Does anyone got a solution for it?

Secret History of the Longhouse Emperors // Somewhere in the deadlands, someone asked for it here but there was no explicit anwer.

Legion's Arrival Clue // Its from the Tales of Tribute victory Rewards, i really read it but at this time it did not count. Someone else got a similar problem.

An Ode to the Disenfranchised // Is clipped under the rock where it should lay. in 2 Campaigns I see the yellow/golden glow, at the third nothing. Does anyone has a solution? Waiting for Cyrodiil event?

Secret History of the Longhouse Emperors is in the Brandfire Reformatory, in the Reformatory Keep, on a plinth in the northwestern-most room.

An Ode to the Disenfranchised: Have you tried reloading the game while you're standing in front of it, logging in and out of the character, and /reloadui?
  • AzureTheAware
    AzureTheAware
    ✭✭

Secret History of the Longhouse Emperors is in the Brandfire Reformatory, in the Reformatory Keep, on a plinth in the northwestern-most room.

An Ode to the Disenfranchised: Have you tried reloading the game while you're standing in front of it, logging in and out of the character, and /reloadui?

Found it and it worked thanks alot!!!
    Edited by AzureTheAware on 5 January 2023 11:51
  • birdmann1230
    Just looking for some updates. I am on ps4 so no coordinates please. I’m aware a few of these are newly bugged or are not available post quest. Many of the Companion letters I did read while doing the quests but they didn’t register in the library apparently:

Archipelago Books and Almanacs
    Druid Food of Vastyr
    Exodus of the Druids
    On Nature Spirits
    The Final Dream of Kasorayn (in Ivyhame)
    Wines of the Systres

Letters and Missives
    Letter to Belya (Cyrodiil quest but cannot find the letter next to the body)

Military Orders and Missives
    Dominion Military Recruitment

Notes and Memos
    Admission Denied

Personal Journals
    Gamwyn’s Journal
    Irgnar’s Journal

Summerset Scrolls
    Farewell Note to Lauriel
    For Captain Telomure
    Journal of Justiciar Avanaire
    Letter to Lauriel

Dirge of the Stormy Seas
    Knight Ondrisse’s Orders
    Knight Richel’s Orders
    Letter from Aurelia Jorvel
    Letter to Dockmaster Arnauld
    Note to Cynric
    Ode to the Nose of a Woman
    Prisoner Manifest

The Impresario
    By Command of the Ascendant Order

Wrothgar Writings
    Royal Messenger’s Fate
    Vosh Rakh Orders
  • fall0athboy
    fall0athboy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Exodus of the Druids and On Nature Spirits are on random bookshelves in Galen.
  • AzureTheAware
    AzureTheAware
    ✭✭
    Archipelago Books and Almanacs
    Druid Food of Vastyr
    Exodus of the Druids
    On Nature Spirits
    The Final Dream of Kasorayn (in Ivyhame)
    Wines of the Systres

All found in Bookshelves expect of The Final Dream of Kasorayn you need to port to someone inside Ivyhame postquest

Letters and Missives
    Letter to Belya (Cyrodiil quest but cannot find the letter next to the body)

Find the position https://en.uesp.net/wiki/File:ON-quest-Cause_and_Effect.jpg, start with https://esomap.uesp.net/?centeron=Arvina+Estate&world=Cyrodiil. If its not shown try to relog, maybe its clipped like my other book in Cyro.

Letter from Aurelia Jorvel
    Note to Cynric
    Ode to the Nose of a Woman

Bugged as far as i know.

Edited by AzureTheAware on 6 January 2023 09:23
  • fall0athboy
    fall0athboy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone know how I can get the following:

Dispatches from the Deadlands
    The Penitent's Tale - UESP says Tower of Conviction in Ardent Hope (I assume it's a quest-only location) and Fargrave City District. I feel I've torn the city upside down and cannot find it.

Theories: Soulrazer Knights - UESP says Spire of the Crimson Coin, but I ran that and must've missed it?
  • Evanko
    Evanko
    Soul Shriven
    These are some quest books in High Isle that somehow I'm missing after completing all quests. A lot of these are supposed to be next to quest markers too, so I don't know how I missed them. Maybe I read them and they didn't register (like those inventory quest book bugs), maybe they were added in updates (I played the quests little after release so I wouldn't even remember having read these books regardless).

I only found out about these after they were added to the LoreBooks addon, their icons are in their respective original locations. I have explored these locations (or adjacent ones, if original is quest-locked. For example Steadfast Manor instead of Ancient Druid Circle) and haven't found any after-quest instances of these books.

originally in Garrick's Rest Dungeons:
    Orders from the Lord
    Shipping Label
    Welcome, Initiates!

originally in Mandrake Manor:
    Congratulations On Another Success!

originally in Ancient Druid Circle:
    Lord Bacaro's Journal
    Ancient Druid Bloodlines

originally in Dufort Shipyards:
    Deal with the Messenger
    Messenger's Report

Kinda makes me want to wait at least 6 months before playing any new quests... Also I second GeneralEU on making the library account wide so I don't have to suffer looking at my main character's incomplete library lol

Does anyone know how I can get the following:

Dispatches from the Deadlands
    The Penitent's Tale - UESP says Tower of Conviction in Ardent Hope (I assume it's a quest-only location) and Fargrave City District. I feel I've torn the city upside down and cannot find it.

Theories: Soulrazer Knights - UESP says Spire of the Crimson Coin, but I ran that and must've missed it?

The Penitent's Tale - if you search this thread, someone said it can be found randomly in Deadlands and Fargrave bookshelves.
    Theories: Soulrazer Knights - next to the altar/steps at the labyrinth boss (Crimson Apprentice).
    Edited by Evanko on 8 January 2023 04:28
    she/her
  • fall0athboy
    fall0athboy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for that!