Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Eidetic Memory Bugs/Comments/Help

• fall0athboy
    fall0athboy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ketray wrote: »
    hi!
    I have been trying to read Minahel's Note (Llanshara, on a table to the left of the entrance inside the Druid Ritual Chamber). has anyone found a way to do this?
    h19n3kxtj5nz.jpg

also, I couldn't find any information about:

The Final Dream of Kasorayn
    Emeric's Judgment

Note to Cynric
    Ode to the Nose of a Woman
    Izbadd's Letter
    Letter from Aurelia Jourvel

Crow and Raven: Three Short Fables (found a book in a tavern, but it doesn't count)

Emeric's Judgement is in bookshelves in Galen and I've updated UESP to say so.
  • mattaeus01b16_ESO
    mattaeus01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Meesha1170 wrote: »
    Kyoma wrote: »
    @Kyoma
    PTS patch notes v4.1.0 mentioned 3 new books added to Eidetic Memory:

Report On Wing Rot Curative Trial - Sil-Var-Woad Conservatory, first floor
    Findings on the Elemental Volatility of Imps - Sil-Var-Woad Paddocks area
    Fellrunner Failure? - Sil-Var-Woad Paddocks area, close to the previous book

Sil-Var-Woad Conservatory and Paddocks are accessible during quest "Untamed and Unleashed",
    in current Live (4.0.11) after quest, the area is unaccessible (unless grouping with another player with quest? cannot confirm)
    Looks like they read reports on bugged books.....sometimes :smiley:
    Yes I was afraid of this when I first discovered those notes/books for that quest that weren't in Eidetic Memory back then. Still, I would assume they'd make sure to give those books a post-quest location. I'll be checking many of the bugged books on pts but since I'm on EU I won't have my character right away (meaning I'd have to do the quests again).

I found that you can break back into the conservatory post quest. To the left of the entrance there is a Dune Ripper enclosure with a rocky cave in it. You can maneuver your character up the left side of the rock and hop back into the Indrik grounds. From there you can make your way back into the paddocks and back into the conservatory. I know this because I was missing the book, “Invoice for Comestibles” and found it in the bookshelf after I had finished Untamed and Unleashed. I was sad that they didn’t fix any of the bugged books from Summerset and the base game. Hopefully they don’t place an invisible wall in the patch preventing players from recollecting the added books.

OMG! Thank you
  • AzureTheAware
    AzureTheAware
    ✭✭
    Quests

Green with Envy: Fixed an issue where Izbadd's Letter was not interactable if you attempted to read its post-quest version.
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    From PTS U37
    Izbadd's Letter: Bangkorai - Evermore - Outside Anchor's Point Inn FIXED!
    x4r9jxt4e844.jpg

Ode to the Nose of a Woman - Still bugged?
    Letter from Aurelia Jourvel - Still bugged?
    A Royal Messenger's Fate - Wrothgar - Orsinium - Near siege and Sergeant Oufa FIXED!
    gpvj43hjh75q.jpg

Prolog for Necrom - Eye of Fate
    Letter from Leramil the Wise - Take Quest from Crown Store and read it from inventory
    Mildanor's Ripped Note - During quest can't miss

Dungeon - Bal Sunnar
    Journal of Nerile Belvayn
    Journal of Kovan Giryon
    Journal of Adosi Fevur

Dungeon - Scrivener's Hall
    Letter to the Magnastylus
    Mission Report: Successful
    Mazandi's Rift Tracking
    Scribes of Mephala
    Octants of the Scrivener
    Letter of Resignation
    Excerpts from Keshargo's Journal
    Edited by GeneralEU on 15 February 2023 13:32
  • ewo5
    ewo5
    ✭✭
    GeneralEU wrote: »
    From PTS U37
    x4r9jxt4e844.jpg

Still not fixed for me (PS5). It is still on the bench to the left and not on the table like it is in your picture
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ewo5 wrote: »
    From PTS U37
    x4r9jxt4e844.jpg

Still not fixed for me (PS5). It is still on the bench to the left and not on the table like it is in your picture

Update 37 is not on the live severs yet.
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
    Vamp and WW bites available for players.
    Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    Djennku wrote: »
    ewo5 wrote: »
    From PTS U37
    x4r9jxt4e844.jpg

Update 37 is not on the live severs yet.

Maybe he/she doesn't know what PTS or U37 is? <think>
  • Peppo_Lives
    Peppo_Lives
    ✭✭✭
    @GeneralEU A Royal Messenger Fate should be available in Orsinium, around the NPC related to the delve quest (there's a siege weapon close by), can't post image :\ could you confirm?
    PC-EU - Eidetic Memory / Codex / Recipes Collector - 60K+ Achievement Points
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    @Peppo_Lives Well, i think i didn't notice first time, but...
    Previous post has been edited <3

A Royal Messenger Fate:
    gpvj43hjh75q.jpg
    Edited by GeneralEU on 15 February 2023 13:33
  • Protector1981
    Protector1981
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait..on live Server? :O
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    Wait..on live Server? :O

FROM PTS! U37 :disappointed:
  • Protector1981
    Protector1981
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay...sad :D But ty for Information and confirming :)
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A Royal Messenger Fate:
    gpvj43hjh75q.jpg

Where is this located? The delve, or in the city?
    @Djennku, PCNA.

• GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭

A Royal Messenger Fate:
    gpvj43hjh75q.jpg

Are you seriously asking that? Please check the edited post where I originally described books/notes/documents from PTS U37
    Edited by GeneralEU on 15 February 2023 21:08
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A Royal Messenger Fate:
    gpvj43hjh75q.jpg

Are you seriously asking that? Please check the edited post where I originally described books/notes/documents from PTS U37

Some of us don't always understand what is written and need clarification. No need to get upset at a simple question.
    @Djennku, PCNA.

• GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭

A Royal Messenger Fate:
    gpvj43hjh75q.jpg

Some of us don't always understand what is written and need clarification. No need to get upset at a simple question.

Sorry, but looking at another user's post, he didn't read that it was from the current PTSs, in effect he/she asks a redundant question and the answer is written in bold text.

But we are not deviating from the topic and the important thing is that something has been fixed.

Sends love for fixed books <3
  • Daniel141182
    Daniel141182
    ✭✭
    Is note to cynric fixed on pts or rite of scion?
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    Is note to cynric fixed on pts or rite of scion?

@Daniel141182 Both not fixed or again i'am blind ;/
    Note to Cynric Bugged if we not find under carpet and we not use then in inventory
    - On the PTS, I couldn't find near the carpet where we originally could find this note, neither at the end of the location (the one with the shield and sword(?)) nor outside after completing the location.

Rite of the Scion - I checked the area around each of the 3 vampire shrines. None of them have this book.
    - As for Rite of the Scion, I don't remember "when" we get/have the opportunity to get the book during the quest, but in theory, healing from curse and taking the curse of vampirism again should allow you to complete the quest again and thus give you the opportunity to get that book.

I check this on PTS U37
    Edited by GeneralEU on 16 February 2023 16:09
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rite of the Scion - I checked the area around each of the 3 vampire shrines. None of them have this book.
    - As for Rite of the Scion, I don't remember "when" we get/have the opportunity to get the book during the quest, but in theory, healing from curse and taking the curse of vampirism again should allow you to complete the quest again and thus give you the opportunity to get that book.

That IS the point, there is no longer "when" since they have changed the vampire quest. It is not the problem with getting there again, it is the problem with the part of the quest where you were getting it just no longer existing.
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭

That IS the point, there is no longer "when" since they have changed the vampire quest. It is not the problem with getting there again, it is the problem with the part of the quest where you were getting it just no longer existing.

Well, this is sad ;(
  • GuyTheFirst
    GuyTheFirst
    Soul Shriven
    Letter of Execution, found near the Shrouded Axeman (the second hidden boss) of Shipwright's Regret cannot be interacted with despite glowing radiantly. As the images show, no button prompt appears to interact and repeatedly pressing E didn't matter. I discovered this in the Live server at the same time of making this post.
    haa5l1e4aedc.jpg
    k13wkefe1awz.jpg
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    Letter of Execution, found near the Shrouded Axeman (the second hidden boss) of Shipwright's Regret cannot be interacted with despite glowing radiantly. As the images show, no button prompt appears to interact and repeatedly pressing E didn't matter. I discovered this in the Live server at the same time of making this post.
    haa5l1e4aedc.jpg
    k13wkefe1awz.jpg

Try relog. I didn't had this problem like you ;/
  • Protector1981
    Protector1981
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried it too. Relog, Reloadui, complete Exit from Game. Nothing works. ;)
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried it too. Relog, Reloadui, complete Exit from Game. Nothing works. ;)

It needed a specific angle for me to interact with it when I read it. Not sure what changed, but try moving your cursor/crosshairs around and see if you just need the right angle.
    @Djennku, PCNA.

• GuyTheFirst
    GuyTheFirst
    Soul Shriven
    Try relog. I didn't had this problem like you ;/

Tried relogging, quitting, addon disabling etc., didn't make a difference.
    It needed a specific angle for me to interact with it when I read it. Not sure what changed, but try moving your cursor/crosshairs around and see if you just need the right angle.

I tried different angles also but there is a chance I didn't land on the one correct one that would have let me interact. Would be much better if the note was made easier to interact rather than having to fumble around so much. :/
  • jrmwvu04
    jrmwvu04
    ✭✭
    jrmwvu04 wrote: »
    Is "The Reformatory Register" from the deadlands available? UESP says it's in the Brandfire Reformatory delve, but I've been all through the place and can't find it. Wondering if it's one of those ones that disappear post quest.

Just to update on this. I’ve confirmed on another character it’s a quest marker that disappears when read. So if you’re grouped with someone who reads the book, it vanishes and you can’t collect it.

• MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huh O.o

I just noticed that I have different TOTAL (not known) number of books available on different characters.

One of them does not have Wispheart and Druid King Vestments tribute clues in the list at all, having the total of 4390 books vs 4392.

(Both of these are already upgraded.)
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    Huh O.o

I just noticed that I have different TOTAL (not known) number of books available on different characters.

One of them does not have Wispheart and Druid King Vestments tribute clues in the list at all, having the total of 4390 books vs 4392.

(Both of these are already upgraded.)

Maybe one of those characters has an Event Note that your other character doesn't? (Currently unavailable)

My Main Char say 4392. So check "The Impresario's Catalogue" here i have 11.
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quests

The Ghostwriter of Giovesse: The alternate bestowal note for this quest is no longer visibility-gated, so you can reference it any time at its original locations.
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fixed an issue where Izbadd's Letter was not interactable if you attempted to read its post-quest version.