The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Eidetic Memory Bugs/Comments/Help

• MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    hafgood wrote: »
    Anyone have locations for:

Devastator ursana's letter

Please?

(Edited to remove book I found)

It's on the Annihilarch's Summit

bqlx6bds6ugq.png
    Options
  • Aterg
    Aterg
    Soul Shriven
    Hello,
    first of all congratulations for this good forum. It has already helped me a lot.
    Maybe someone can help me with these books.

The Reach Reader:
    - Gray Host Intelligence Dispatch
    - Letter from Lady Belain
    - Letter from Sister Glynolde
    - The Library of Arkthzand

I know that these books are all related to The Despot of Markarth and The Study of Souls quests, but unfortunately I must have missed them, even though I always pay close attention to the quests.

Gray Host Intelligence Dispatch and Letter from Sister Glynolde are even shown on the map, but they are not there.

Maybe someone has a tip, or I have to wait until they are delivered later.
    Many thanks already.
    Options
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    Aterg wrote: »
    Hello,
    first of all congratulations for this good forum. It has already helped me a lot.
    Maybe someone can help me with these books.

The Reach Reader:
    - Gray Host Intelligence Dispatch
    - Letter from Lady Belain
    - Letter from Sister Glynolde
    - The Library of Arkthzand

I know that these books are all related to The Despot of Markarth and The Study of Souls quests, but unfortunately I must have missed them, even though I always pay close attention to the quests.

Gray Host Intelligence Dispatch and Letter from Sister Glynolde are even shown on the map, but they are not there.

Maybe someone has a tip, or I have to wait until they are delivered later.
    Many thanks already.

I guess all this books it is unavailable after completing the quest (I haven't found any known locations anywhere)
    Options
  • Secilina
    Secilina
    ✭✭
    Just to confirm - Warden' Orders for the Day is a bookshelf lorebook?

Only one I'm missing so just want to be sure I'm not wasting time searching bookshelves
    Options
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    Secilina wrote: »
    Just to confirm - Warden' Orders for the Day is a bookshelf lorebook?

Only one I'm missing so just want to be sure I'm not wasting time searching bookshelves

Warden's orders for the day
    If you not done quest "The Durance Vile" check this post. Later is bugged.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7439534/#Comment_7439534
    Options
  • nnamrak
    nnamrak
    nnamrak wrote: »
    I'm missing Mairead's Diary, Entry 346 from Dispatches from the Deadlands. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Still looking for this one. Anyone have any idea how to get into the hidden chamber in Doomvault Vulpinaz after the quest?
    Options
  • Protector1981
    Protector1981
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I search for the Book "The Daedric Flame". I know its in the Endless Stairs in Coldharbour, but i cannot access the Endless Stairs.

Is there a Post-Quest Location? :)
    Options
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    I'm missing Mairead's Diary, Entry 346 from Dispatches from the Deadlands. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Still looking for this one. Anyone have any idea how to get into the hidden chamber in Doomvault Vulpinaz after the quest?

You can find in Madam Whim in Fargrave all 3 Mairead Diary pages
    xgqp9jtms36p.jpg
    I search for the Book "The Daedric Flame". I know its in the Endless Stairs in Coldharbour, but i cannot access the Endless Stairs.

Is there a Post-Quest Location? :)

Yes you can!

The Daedric Flame

Driving from the eye on the map straight ahead up the pyramid: (Look minimap)
    Inside piramide go left
    t6yw34hdjhwx.jpg

View on second plaform and go to 3th platform and jump down:
    ri37hy66y8kc.jpg

3th platform where we was :
    versfhogrgfa.jpg

Book
    5fyjrgyhdkba.jpg
    Options
  • Protector1981
    Protector1981
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolute great. Big thanks :)
    Options
  • Xilixia
    Xilixia
    Xilixia wrote: »
    Can someone please help me with 'Merchant lord's compiled documents'?
    It should be in Blackwood, Zenithar's abbey, the chapel, but I didn't notice it while doing the quest and now I can't find any way to go back to the chapel, I tried from the outside, inside, teaming up with someone whom was on the quest, nothing.
    Is there any way to go back or is this book available in any other spot after the quest is done?

I was missing that too and tried to get back in, but that's not possible.

But there is still a complicated, but fun way: Ask a friend, who haven't done the quest yet, so he gets access to the chapel. At the end of the quest you land outside, at some beach (which isn't accessable from outside).

So you meet your friend outside at that beach, while he stays at the upper level and you duel him. You then cast a gapcloser on him so it teleports you to his spot and you can access the chapel from the other door now.

Aaand it worked! To be on the safe side, my friend was with a warden and he just pulled me up, thanks a lot for the simple, yet awesome solution :)
    Options
  • Protector1981
    Protector1981
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, have an another Question. I search for both Books:
    • Information Request from Emeric
    • Updated Instructions from Dortene

I know where the Books is, BUT: Tonight, the Gate was opened, but cant enter the High Rock Gate. Now its blue, the Gate closed.

How exactly i can read the Books? oO Iam REALLY confused.

The same for this Book:

A Plea for the Elder Scrolls

I know where the Book is. But its bugged in the Stand. How to get it? oO
    Options
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    Okay, have an another Question. I search for both Books:
    • Information Request from Emeric
    • Updated Instructions from Dortene

I know where the Books is, BUT: Tonight, the Gate was opened, but cant enter the High Rock Gate. Now its blue, the Gate closed.

How exactly i can read the Books? oO Iam REALLY confused.

The same for this Book:

I know where the Book is. But its bugged in the Stand. How to get it? oO

[*] Information Request from Emeric
    [*] Updated Instructions from Dortene

My guess is that you want to enter the inside base of the enemy faction. Unfortunately, it is not possible, but you can kiss their gate wall. In the area where the Temple is located, you can get these books.

Of course, to get there, your faction must capture the keep near the gate.
    k50u7zvyj705.jpg
    1qo951fv1ofk.jpg
    dnsmj6rczav3.jpg

Here the only solution is:
    Make sure that it is impossible to obtain at this point, otherwise log out near the Temple, but in a safe place, and log in again. In my case, this trick helped me get this book (?) Try this.
    Edited by GeneralEU on 9 December 2021 08:24
    Options
  • Protector1981
    Protector1981
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That helps me :) Big big thank you :)

But now, i have to wait to reopen the Gate :D
    Edited by Protector1981 on 9 December 2021 08:24
    Options
  • phenshaw
    phenshaw
    Soul Shriven
    I didn't get Maireads Diary 346 while on the quest and couldn't get back in afterwards. I grouped with a friend and got back in but it still wasn't there. The other 2 pages were though. I logged oput and back in and voila! there it was.
    Options
  • phenshaw
    phenshaw
    Soul Shriven

see above entry
    Options
  • Altyrann
    Altyrann
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone else unable to interact with "Laughing Moons Ledger" in Khenarthi's Roost? I can find it and get a prompt to press E, but nothing happens. Tried relogging, turning off addons etc. and no luck.
    Edited by Altyrann on 19 December 2021 12:26
    Options
  • rokaaika
    rokaaika
    Soul Shriven
    Did the quest to get the icereach coven notes, but no lorebook ding registered so the book didn't count for eidetic memory. The book is also not in the cavern anymore so idk how to get that page now. Also under military reports the to the captain lorebook doesn't exist anywhere i can find and i can't get back into the building. Also can't seem to find unhallowed legions and introduction to aedric studies. Are those last 2 random bookshelf encounters?
    Options
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rokaaika wrote: »
    Did the quest to get the icereach coven notes, but no lorebook ding registered so the book didn't count for eidetic memory. The book is also not in the cavern anymore so idk how to get that page now. Also under military reports the to the captain lorebook doesn't exist anywhere i can find and i can't get back into the building. Also can't seem to find unhallowed legions and introduction to aedric studies. Are those last 2 random bookshelf encounters?

I'd look up the books in either UESP or the ESO wiki, as they'll list the locations for most of the lorebooks unless it's known to be bugged.

"Introduction to Aedric Studies" if I recall correctly is a random book from the Imperial City districts, and there's a forum post on here detailing a route that takes you through all of them. Bookshelves refresh every 24h, and different instances will have different books, so it's beneficial to check CP and no CP IC for a greater chance to pick it up.
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
    Vamp and WW bites available for players.
    Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!
    Options
  • ewo5
    ewo5
    ✭✭
    I cannot pick up Pibiha's Note.
    I can see it in it's proper location on a different character, so I know where it should be (next to Phibiha).
    On my main I did the quest in Brandfire Reformatory, without picking up the Head Overseer's Orders lorebook first to start the quest at the beginning, so I believe the note was not visible for me to read during the quest.
    I found Pibiha's sister Tufeh in the Plaza of Portals (post quest) and she talks about having the note, but it is not lying around next to her so I can read it.
    Options
  • Daniel141182
    Is rite of scion. Falk page 7 or dauntless bananas added yey or still all bugged.
    Options
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is rite of scion. Falk page 7 or dauntless bananas added yey or still all bugged.

Still bugged. Bananas is in the victory tavern in the western AD base (and their house in EU, link already in this thread) no EP or DC location has been found as of yet.
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
    Vamp and WW bites available for players.
    Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!
    Options
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok maybe I'm just dumb, but I've been searching for "Arowende's Diary, Page 23" and "Arowende's Diary, Page 26" for years! I kept trying to go through Zalkin-Sul, but of course I had already completed the quest and the passage was blocked.
    I saw mentioned here that it could be accessed through a back entrance in Mzanchend but nowhere was it shown where that back entrance was located.
    Finally found it through a Let's Play, so here it is located on the map in case anyone has trouble finding it like I did :

5ekiekv04xgi.jpg
    Edited by Saoirse_Siobhan on 2 January 2022 21:32
    PC/EU DC
    Options
  • Welanduz
    Welanduz
    ✭✭✭
    Merchant Lords' Compiled Documents uesp

is in the chapel of Zenthiar Abbey after you finished the dungeon quest.
    You have to finish it outside the chapel, talking to the npc and than return to the chapel!
    If you leave without reading, it's currently unobtainable without help of a friend ;)
    You can't use the trick that works on many other books (group with someone doing the quest), because you need the quest key to enter the front door of the chapel. And this key you can get only once!
    But if you wait outside Zenthiar Abbey and a warden friend do the quest and throw you down his "frozen retreat", you can jump up, enter the back door and read it!

(hope i explained it in an understandable way and google translator did a propper job :) )

Greetings,
    Welanduz
    Das Leben ist einfach zu kurz um es wirklich ernst zu nehmen!
    Options
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the Frozen Retreat trick:

Is it also possible, to jump close enough to the top that an enemy player standing at the top can click on you to challenge you to a duel, wait to go hostile, then use a Chain ability (e.g. Silver Leash) that pulls you up to the top? (By arrangement of course.)
    Edited by jle30303 on 8 January 2022 21:51
    Options
  • Welanduz
    Welanduz
    ✭✭✭
    jle30303 wrote: »

Is it also possible, to jump close enough to the top that an enemy player standing at the top can click on you to challenge you to a duel, wait to go hostile, then use a Chain ability (e.g. Silver Leash) that pulls you up to the top? (By arrangement of course.)

I think that could work because you can climb quite a bit. Just try it out :-) :)

Greetings,
    Welanduz
    Edited by Welanduz on 10 January 2022 09:24
    Das Leben ist einfach zu kurz um es wirklich ernst zu nehmen!
    Options
  • EvasP
    EvasP
    Soul Shriven
    “A Ragged Inscription”

Anyone knows the location of the book “A Ragged Inscription” It’s supposed to be at the side of lake ( after the quest), just southeast of Deepwoods ”the hounds men” but I can not find.

"Author's Assistant Wanted!" still bugged?

Thanks!!!
    Options
  • Gandalf_72
    Gandalf_72
    ✭✭✭✭
    ewo5 wrote: »
    I can see it in it's proper location on a different character, so I know where it should be (next to Phibiha).
    On my main I did the quest in Brandfire Reformatory, without picking up the Head Overseer's Orders lorebook first to start the quest at the beginning, so I believe the note was not visible for me to read during the quest.
    I found Pibiha's sister Tufeh in the Plaza of Portals (post quest) and she talks about having the note, but it is not lying around next to her so I can read it.

I did not pick up Head Overseer's Orders during the quest "Brandfire Reformatory" but, then, I found it north of The Blood Pit Wayshrine and south of The Brandfire Reformatory.

9rixkjiy94i8.png

urv9y7c6y2hk.png

opd7e4modmd2.png

c2qx0czorhv6.png

i1qd654hsrlt.png

Edited by Gandalf_72 on 12 January 2022 00:01
    PC | EU
    Options
  • Gandalf_72
    Gandalf_72
    ✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Gandalf_72 on 23 January 2022 15:13
    PC | EU
    Options
  • Oliviander
    Oliviander
    ✭✭✭✭
    jle30303 wrote: »

It worked for me - on the 2nd try
    the first try got me stuck under the ladder, :o
    so be careful from which spot you are gap closing
    Edited by Oliviander on 12 January 2022 22:10
    Options
  • ewo5
    ewo5
    ✭✭

Thank you for trying to help. I was able to get Head Overseer's orders before my original post. I just pulled it out of order, so I was not able to get Phibiha's Note. I will have test it on another Character to see if I just was blind and missed it or if it does not show up if you don't start the quest properly.

Options