Maintenance for the week of June 3:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 3, 2:00AM EDT (6:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – June 5, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – June 5, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Eidetic Memory Bugs/Comments/Help

• GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    Have they fixed the rite of scion book or any way to read it?

I think not fixed
    Options
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fixed many more NPCs, harvest nodes, critters, books, and so on that were clipping, floating, sunken into the terrain, eaten by bears, or otherwise placed oddly. There was even a cat inside of a wall. That’s not where they go…

... Hopefully...
    Options
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After the ascending tide patch went to live, i can confirm the following pages are still seemingly unobtainable after completing the relevant quests:

Falkfyr's Notes, page 7.

Merchant Lord's Compiled Documents. (Can still get it via the Warden trick)

Warden's Order for the day.

Edited by MyNameIsElias on 15 March 2022 22:10
    Options
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone know if the book 'Journal of Justiciar Avanaire' is obtainable now post-quest, or still not readable? The other pages I am still looking for as of the previous post still seem to be unobtainable still. (Ty for letting us know that, btw. Much appreciated! @MyNameIsElias )
    Edited by Djennku on 16 March 2022 06:23
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
    Vamp and WW bites available for players.
    Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!
    Options
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, just noticed this and wanted to mention it, the second menu you could pull up and see which lorebooks you are still missing is not there anymore, which I am assuming is a bug and have reported it, but I wanted you guys to know too.
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Options
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Djennku wrote: »
    Also, just noticed this and wanted to mention it, the second menu you could pull up and see which lorebooks you are still missing is not there anymore, which I am assuming is a bug and have reported it, but I wanted you guys to know too.

Not sure what are you talking about, everything works fine for me.

Are you checking it on a character that has eidetic unlocked via the add-on, not via the mages' guild quest by a chance? That could have broken due to AWA.
    Options
  • Troodon80
    Troodon80
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After the ascending tide patch went to live, i can confirm the following pages are still seemingly unobtainable after completing the relevant quests:

Falkfyr's Notes, page 7.

Merchant Lord's Compiled Documents. (Can still get it via the Warden trick)

Warden's Order for the day.
    Can also confirm the following as still bugged for post-quest "unread" books.

This one is bugged for a friend who did the main quest as a duo. One person picked up the book and one did not (the book was added to the quest section of the inventory but was not read). The one who did not read it now cannot obtain this book.
    Gray Host Communique

This book is also bugged for the duo and is part of a Prologue quest:
    Icereach Coven Note

The books I'm missing personally are:
    Falkfyr's Notes, Page 7
    Warden's Orders of the Day
    Author's Assistant Wanted!

@ZOS_Kevin still patiently waiting. :smile:

Cannot yet confirm these as it's another friend, but in all likelihood also still bugged. Confirmed, still cannot read these two:
    Note to Sir Quatrius
    The Grandeya is in Custody
    Edited by Troodon80 on 16 March 2022 14:06
    @Troodon80 PC | EU
    Guild: N&S
    Hand of Alkosh | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
    Deep Dive into Dreadsail Reef Mechanics
    Options
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not sure what are you talking about, everything works fine for me.

Are you checking it on a character that has eidetic unlocked via the add-on, not via the mages' guild quest by a chance? That could have broken due to AWA.

Not sure if you are familiar or not, but on PC (I don't know the console/gamepad commands), you would pull up the lorebooks menu and have a option in the bottom-left corner to hit the 'R' or 'T' (can't remember which one) key to change menus. It'll then pull up a different page with only the books you still needed to get listed and where to find them. The other mentioned key would switch between two different menus of missing books.

Unless this feature is actually from the Lorebooks addon. I've used it my entire playthrough of ESO, so I assumed the sub menus were base game. If that's the case I might just have to get it to update.
    Edited by Djennku on 16 March 2022 22:39
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Options
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin Would it be possible to have a list somewhere of all the in game books that get adjusted or fixed each patch? I think it would help a lot of people if we knew that a book that's bugged/unobtainable for some players gets fixed and can currently be obtained in whatever upcoming patch is fixing them?

I know that in the patch notes that are released, there's often a small note mentioning books being fixed, but it doesn't mention much on which books were taken care of. I'd personally like to request if at all possible a compiled list of the bugged books for future reference players can refer to in their quest to complete the Eidetic memory. Thank you.
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Options
  • Troodon80
    Troodon80
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if you are familiar or not, but on PC (I don't know the console/gamepad commands), you would pull up the lorebooks menu and have a option in the bottom-left corner to hit the 'R' or 'T' (can't remember which one) key to change menus. It'll then pull up a different page with only the books you still needed to get listed and where to find them. The other mentioned key would switch between two different menus of missing books.

Unless this feature is actually from the Lorebooks addon. I've used it my entire playthrough of ESO, so I assumed the sub menus were base game. If that's the case I might just have to get it to update.
    This is Lorebooks. It's not base game.

@Troodon80 PC | EU
    Hand of Alkosh | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
    Options
  • Troodon80
    Troodon80
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd personally like to request if at all possible a compiled list of the bugged books for future reference players can refer to in their quest to complete the Eidetic memory. Thank you.
    I would be curious if this is something that could be done. I would personally volunteer my own time to maintain a list or spreadsheet like this. There was such a list being maintained (linked in the first post of this topic, @Mix ), but seemingly hasn't seen any edits in a very long time.

@Troodon80 PC | EU
    Options
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    Hish Isle Prolog:

Ascending Doubt
    Letter from Lady Arabelle - Take quest from Crown Store and check inventory in quest items category.
    Ascendant Champion Orders - You won't miss it.
    Ascendant Order Note - You won't miss it.

A King's Retreat
    Ascendant Champion's New Orders - You won't miss it.
    Edited by GeneralEU on 13 April 2022 15:16
    Options
  • Anne13
    Anne13
    ✭✭✭✭
    GeneralEU wrote: »
    Hish Isle Prolog:

Ascending Doubt
    Letter from Lady Arabelle - Take quest from Crown Store and check inventory in quest items category.

A King's Retreat

I already did the prologue quest on my main with all the lore books read and missed the Letter from Lady Arabelle

That's means it's now bugged for me and unobtainable . Nooooo
    Edited by Anne13 on 13 April 2022 15:40
    Options
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    Anne13 wrote: »
    GeneralEU wrote: »
    Hish Isle Prolog:

Ascending Doubt

A King's Retreat

I already did the prologue quest on my main with all the lore books read and missed the Letter from Lady Arabelle

That's means it's now bugged for me and unobtainable . Nooooo

Sad ;(
    Options
  • Holger30
    Holger30
    ✭✭✭
    I missed 2 books

Falkfyr's Notes, Page 7
    Letter from Lady Arabelle
    Options
  • Anne13
    Anne13
    ✭✭✭✭
    They should make lore books account wide
    Options
  • AryaWinterfell
    The books I'm missing personally are:

Falkfyr's Notes, Page 7
    Warden's Orders of the Day
    Letter from Lady Arabelle.........i checked inventory too late(:
    Options
  • Daniel141182
    Anyone know og they ever fixed rite of scion book
    Options
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could anyone help me to find:
    - Ascendant Champion's New Orders
    - Ascendant Champion's Orders
    - Ascendant order Note
    - Letter from Lady Arabelle
    Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
    Options
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know that
    - Falkfyr's Notes, Page 7
    - Warden's Orders of the Day
    are long time bugged. I wonder if they want to fix them with the next Chapter on June.
    Does anyone know something about ?
    Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
    Options
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    - Ascendant order Note

OK I found "Letter from Lady Arabelle" in my inventory. I did not the prologue quest yet... so it was in my inventory.
    I assume that other 3 books are found during the prologue quest.... can someone confirm ?
    Options
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    - Ascendant order Note

OK I found "Letter from Lady Arabelle" in my inventory. I did not the prologue quest yet... so it was in my inventory.
    I assume that other 3 books are found during the prologue quest.... can someone confirm ?

Yes, they are. They are also required to progress the quest.

ETA: One is actually in the second prologue quest, which follows on immediately from the first. So don't worry if you finish the first quest and still have one missing. That's to be expected.
    Edited by virtus753 on 15 April 2022 19:56
    Options
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »
    - Ascendant order Note

Yes, they are. They are also required to progress the quest.

ETA: One is actually in the second prologue quest, which follows on immediately from the first. So don't worry if you finish the first quest and still have one missing. That's to be expected.

Many thanks
    Options
  • Mike76x
    Mike76x
    Soul Shriven
    I have completed the Prologue quest: Ascending Doubt, and I never got the "Letter from Lady Arabelle".
    I've checked on other characters and found if you talk to Jakarn first (which is what I did), you don't get the letter in your inventory.
    If you take the quest from the crown store, the letter immediately appears in your inventory.

Post quest It doesn't appear at the cart where Jakarn first appears, and it doesn't appear at Lady Arabelle's camp at the end of the quest.
    It seems my main is now unable to get the letter.
    Options
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    From the PTS patch notes just released:

Eidetic Memory

The Assassin's Orders book will now be at its original location after the quest is complete in case it wasn't added to your Eidetic Memory.

Falkfyr's Notes, Page 7, now reappear after its quest is complete if you somehow didn't get this book added to Eidetic Memory.

The Warden's Orders is now interactable in its original location after completing its relevant quest.

• Fixed an issue where the book Gjarma's Orders disappeared while being read.
    SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
    Options
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone know if Jpurnal of Justiciar Avanaire is available now if it was missed during the quest?
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Options
  • Gandalf_72
    Gandalf_72
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dragonnord wrote: »
    From the PTS patch notes just released:

Eidetic Memory

The Assassin's Orders book will now be at its original location after the quest is complete in case it wasn't added to your Eidetic Memory.

Falkfyr's Notes, Page 7, now reappear after its quest is complete if you somehow didn't get this book added to Eidetic Memory.

The Warden's Orders is now interactable in its original location after completing its relevant quest.

• Fixed an issue where the book Gjarma's Orders disappeared while being read.

Very well, thank you !!

Fix.jpg

I have edited and upgraded my old thread and removed all my comments about them in following threads:

Eidetic Memory Bugs/Comments/Help

Eidetic Memory Bugs/Comments/Help, Volume Two

Edited by Gandalf_72 on 21 April 2022 19:22
    PC | EU
    Options
  • Gandalf_72
    Gandalf_72
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone know if Journal of Justiciar Avanaire is available now if it was missed during the quest?

Hi @Djennku

Sadly not !! :'(

My old thread, limited to Journal of Justiciar Avanaire, remains valid and current!

Journal of Justiciar Avanaire - posted in 2021 by me in reply to @Djennku

Gandalf_72 wrote: »

Journal of Justiciar Avanaire
    Gandalf_72 wrote: »
    Anyone know if you can find the Journal of Justiciar Avanaire from tor-hame-khard in Summerset post quest yet? Been looking for that one for ages. That and foolish wings are my last two aside from the unreleased pages.

The Lorebook "Journal of Justiciar Avanaire" is still bugged, not fixed in Update 31.

y1xejvztdxdh.png

rtq7rbtyh1b7.png

52o96tzqgvt2.png

Edited by Gandalf_72 on 21 April 2022 15:38
    PC | EU
    Options
  • Protector1981
    Protector1981
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Assassin's Orders <- what is mean with " original location after the quest is complete"?

Falkfyr's Notes, Page 7 <- now on Original Location?

Options
  • Special_XYZ
    Special_XYZ
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know where to find this book? Unfortunately I have long since completed the guild questlines, and I think this one was located in a zone that you could only reach via a portal that opened up during the appropriate quest:

Book - By the Master's Mace
    Collection - The Devoted and the Deranged
    Location - Abagarlas
    Edited by Special_XYZ on 21 April 2022 15:55
    Options