Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

@ZOS - two questions on Nirnhorned and Vigor

• ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ezareth wrote: »
    What NB are 1 shotting sorcs? I don't know anything that can get through a 25k shield and 18k health at the moment but if you do let me know.

@DDuke can rip through anything in a matter of half a second. :)

As can Ebonheart Nightblade ....on his VR9.

I don't know any Sorcs with 25K shields though.....is that what Hardened ward is up to these days?
    eliisra wrote: »
    Everyone converted to it because Sorcs damage and survival is over the top.

When you're running solo, you build your toon to defend against the most powerful thing on the field...and that's currently Sorcs.

I dont think that's the main reason. If there was a broken trait that gave up to 24% physical resist each pieces, than people would abuse the hell out of that one to, over using reinforced. I know I would, on every single one of my characters.

Wouldn't matter that sorcerers hit hard with magicka, players would still run around with 33k physical resist, to take all weapon dmg users out of the equation. Anything that's overtuned will be popular, regardless of class balance.

Yet magicka sorcs are probably the least bothered by nirn. Even with 50% spell resists, you can hit pretty damn hard with pen/spell stacked Crystal Fragment. While other classes using magicka, you can tank those indefinitely with nirn traits, only need to hit Harness Magicka once in a while. I almost feel a bit bad when DK's stand there whipping and whipping me, trying with good old Talons, breathing some fire, but nothing happens.

You think i'm running Nirnhoned because Magicka Templars/Nightblades/DKs are a major threat? The next major threat after Sorcs right now is Stamina Nightblades..But they're at least killable to some extent.

If Sorcs weren't so over the top..I'd be using Reinforced (in fact that's what I was using on most of my sets) just to increase both resist up.

If there was a trait that gave 24% physical resist to each piece as well i'd still use Nirnhoned as well..Because like I said.. you build towards the greatest threat on the field.

You're wearing medium and heavy armor and there aren't nearly as many piercing options for physical damage plus you can dodge roll infinitely. Of course you'd use Nirnhoned because the majority of the damage that can hit you through dodge roll is Magickal. It has nothing to do with Sorcs "being the largest threat".

I never look at another sorc on the battlefield as a large threat...I look at them as annoyances to keep an eye on or if they're streak easy AP. It's the DKs with 2 handers and Stealth NBs that I view as the largest threat on the battlefield. Those are the guys who will kill me in a heartbeat with a single mistake on my part.

It's funny how the perspective changes based on the class you play.....as it should.

On my DK I run 2 Heavy, 5 Medium... I was running reinforced on the 5 Medium Armor pieces...I switched to running Nirnhoned because of Sorcs and Sorcs alone. It had nothing to do with getting hit through dodge roll..Because Stamina Nightblades seem to have zero problem exploding me through that.

i also find it funny you don't find other sorcs a threat ..Its probably because you're also playing a Sorc.

You probably think people are stacking the hell out of Weapon Damage right now because they just wanna kill DK's/Nightblades/Templars faster as well.....

They're not..They're stacking the hell out of weapon damage so they can get through Sorc Shields...I was running 5 Heavy/2 Medium before..I switched to my current setup...Trying to balance my Offense vs Defense out...I found that if I did that I couldn't get through Shield Spamming and thus i'd eventually run out of resources and die.

I don't find them a threat because I know how to play them and I run a Sword and Board with reflect on my bar. I also know how to kill them through their Ball of lightning or even better streak. In other words I know how to play and exactly how to counter them. I'm not saying I don't find the best sorcs a threat....but 95% of the sorcs I see in Cyrodiil are easy kills for me.

People are stacking the hell out of Weapon Damage *and* Spell power right now because people love giant crits and 1-2 shotting people. Don't kid yourself, it has nothing to do with sorcs and shield stacking. Stacking regen beats shield stackers every time unless they're always stacking regen in which case it is a stalemate. I've run into plays of *every* class who are doing this that I can't kill in 10 minute + fights even if they aren't using Nirnhoned.

I run reflects to, and the reason you don't find them a threat is because you are playing a sorc as well, go play any other actual class in pvp and 1v1 a sorc and tell me how ya aren't building for them afterward.

And no one is building for big crits for the hell of it, you think people are running around made of glass for big hits for the hell of it? Or the virtual disappearance of dot builds since 1.6? Please... Don't kid yourself mate...

A magicka DK does not build to survive Sorcs but stamina users. Sorc just happens to be the most powerful magicka damage build atm.
    Keron wrote: »
    So you are waiting to fix the nirnhoned bug until after june. Well, after june is august, isn't it? At the earliest?

Wow, pathetic. I guess that the overwhelming majority of the so-called "skilled" players now run around with nirnhoned equipment, which together with block and CPs makes that everything except wrecking blow does ~100 damage, is intended then.

I mean, it's understandable. You went all the way and introduced a 9th trait that was in the beginning so lacklustre that no one even bothered to learn it. You had to put in first the weapon bug that made it ignore basically all spell resist and now the armor bug, that makes all non physical attacks superfluous just to create a little demand for it.

Perfectly sound business model.

/golfclap.

Well I won't use that. Won't call people who do exploiters, especially since they already did that before ZOS stated they will change it, but since no one would use that trait if it was working as it should (I do think it is is working as intended by now, too) I wont exploit this now that it's broken. The weapon nirnhoned was at least supposed to be the best trait for me anyway...

But it would certainly restore some respect for ZOS if they'd just fix this during the next week at least.
    Edited by ToRelax on 18 April 2015 23:46
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes everyone is running insane burst for sorcs, you don't need 3k+ weapon damage to kill a dk, Templar or nightblade with ease, you need that amount of weapon damage to get through a sorc casting hardened wars over and over again. I had zero trouble killing and fighting every single class with just 2.2k weapon damage and 5 heavy setup.. Know which class I couldn't kill? A sorc...

Ohh?
    https://youtu.be/LXOZQjoDndc?t=778
    Seemed to kill me pretty damn easy in exactly 12 from 12:58 from full health, magicka and stamina while I had emp buff *and* Ayleid well buff. I'd also like to note that you killed me starting with 1% stamina as a stamina user. This is why your whole argument is bogus. I spammed the hell out of my shields as soon as they took damage to no avail.

That's a fair post and I can agree with everything you said there now :). I mentioned before I was thinking along the lines of 15% value, but even as "low" (quote-unquote) as 10% per piece at legendary would be a viable and strong trait choice still.

Cheers sir.

As an aside, I do agree with the feeling that waiting on this sort of balance change so long is probably letting it go too long, though, for the record :). Some of the recently mentioned Templar fixes/changes are already being worked in for a minipatch possibly as soon as Monday in 2.0.6 or soon after for things like Focused Charge. Now, the nirnhoned effectiveness came to broader attention a lot more recently than that, but the timeline is probably a bit long if it's being planned to wait until some time in Jun.

Aye. I could get on board with 10% as well...I'd probably still keep it on Light Armor at that level too. I also think letting it last for 2 months is way too long. I'm finding more and more players running it and I'm rather useless when fighting them unless we're zerging them down.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Keron
    Keron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ToRelax wrote: »
    Well I won't use that. Won't call people who do exploiters, especially since they already did that before ZOS stated they will change it, but since no one would use that trait if it was working as it should (I do think it is is working as intended by now, too) I wont exploit this now that it's broken. The weapon nirnhoned was at least supposed to be the best trait for me anyway...

But it would certainly restore some respect for ZOS if they'd just fix this during the next week at least.
    Yeah, it may be hard to call people abusing this "intended" feature exploiters, but I'm out of polite words. If two medium armor pieces are supposed to get you beyond the hard cap for spell resist, then it's not "a little overtuned at the moment". It's completely broken.

It doesn't matter whether the developers think of this trait as "working as intended", because that just shows that they are clueless. But fine. I just crafted my pieces and will be one of the exploiters. Or abusers, if that settles your mind.
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes everyone is running insane burst for sorcs, you don't need 3k+ weapon damage to kill a dk, Templar or nightblade with ease, you need that amount of weapon damage to get through a sorc casting hardened wars over and over again. I had zero trouble killing and fighting every single class with just 2.2k weapon damage and 5 heavy setup.. Know which class I couldn't kill? A sorc...

Ohh?
    Seemed to kill me pretty damn easy in exactly 12 from 12:58 from full health, magicka and stamina while I had emp buff *and* Ayleid well buff. I'd also like to note that you killed me starting with 1% stamina as a stamina user. This is why your whole argument is bogus. I spammed the hell out of my shields as soon as they took damage to no avail.

That's a fair post and I can agree with everything you said there now :). I mentioned before I was thinking along the lines of 15% value, but even as "low" (quote-unquote) as 10% per piece at legendary would be a viable and strong trait choice still.

Cheers sir.

As an aside, I do agree with the feeling that waiting on this sort of balance change so long is probably letting it go too long, though, for the record :). Some of the recently mentioned Templar fixes/changes are already being worked in for a minipatch possibly as soon as Monday in 2.0.6 or soon after for things like Focused Charge. Now, the nirnhoned effectiveness came to broader attention a lot more recently than that, but the timeline is probably a bit long if it's being planned to wait until some time in Jun.

Aye. I could get on board with 10% as well...I'd probably still keep it on Light Armor at that level too. I also think letting it last for 2 months is way too long. I'm finding more and more players running it and I'm rather useless when fighting them unless we're zerging them down.

You died to a double reflected meteor, on a weapon damage stacked build... If meteor wasn't bugged and you could of seen it you probably wouldn't of died. That was pure luck on my part...
  • Rust_in_Peace
    Rust_in_Peace
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valnas wrote: »

Ohh?

You ate a meteor to the face and just sat there while he spammed heavy attacks and snipe on you. the fact you were emp and had a health buff isn't something I would advertise in this case bud.

Seems like a learn to play issue.
    Edited by Rust_in_Peace on 19 April 2015 02:48
  • Cyantific87
    Cyantific87
    ✭✭✭

Ohh?

You ate a meteor to the face and just sat there while he spammed heavy attacks and snipe on you. the fact you were emp and had a health buff isn't something I would advertise in this case bud.

I don't think Ezareth has a LTP issue. Bugged meteor..
    I have a stamina user NB, two handed and bow. Also have Sorc and just from my experience, stamina wrecks sorcerers. Stamina needs a de buff. Or something, somewhere needs a change. How is it fair I am running around pvp with 2.8k stamina Regen and 2.7k weapon damage and almost hard capped spell resist to counter ALL magicka sorcs..?
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Ohh?

If he was emp I must have a l2r (learn to read) issue.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Folkb
    Folkb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for moving vigor to rank 5. I don't just pvp but when I do I Like to be competitive without feeling like I'm grinding. So those of us with real real careers (not jobs) and who like to do more than just PVP thank you.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ifthir_ESO wrote: »
    tist wrote: »
    How is this not something that can be hotfixed or included in a small patch. Takes 4 month to make a balance change in a game revolved around PvP. What?

because @ZOS_PaulSage doesnt prioritize anything pvp related.

the end

This is what it feels like, yes. Im inclined to start pvping in another game, where I feel heard and ....apreciated for my subscription.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    While you are busy catering to the PvE crowd some more after a year of basically ignoring the PvP crowd, would @ZOS_GinaBruno be so friendly to get us lowered requirements for the Undaunted passives?

Thank you in advance!
    Edited by Lava_Croft on 20 April 2015 11:27
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    While you are busy catering to the PvE crowd some more after a year of basically ignoring the PvP crowd, would @ZOS_GinaBruno be so friendly to get us lowered requirements for the Undaunted passives?

Thank you in advance!

Yes please. Need 150 more points to get my final undaunted passive and I can't bear to do another dungeon run.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube