Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Ways to Buff NB and Templar without nerfing sorc's and DK"S

• timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    For Templar,

I'd like to see either Aurora Javelin or Darkflare be made into primary dps skills capable of filling the role of primary dps abilities(like force pulse, biting jabs, lava whip, funnel health, wrecking blow, ect.)

I think Templar tanks could really use some form of AoE CC. With trial leaderboard scores being 95% about time now, DKs have the advantage of being able to position mobs for easy AoEing.
    Edited by timidobserver on 17 April 2015 05:14
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• golfer.dub17_ESO
    golfer.dub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Undefwun wrote: »
    Buff Nightblades?

Yeah...how about you fix fear spam first.

Sure, as long they fix talon spam at the same time....

Talons don't even work these days.

Even if they did, not exactly comparable. Everyone complains about dodge roll spam, it's easier to dodge roll than break free and talons don't prevent you from attacking other players.
    Edited by golfer.dub17_ESO on 17 April 2015 05:23
  • shane.roberts25b14_ESO
    pppontus wrote: »
    ...It's just impossible to survive if you get targeted by just a few half decent players nowadays...

Well there's your problem! Learn to play ;p
    "I used to be an adventurer like you, then I took a nerf-arrow to the knee!"
  • PeggymoeXD
    PeggymoeXD
    ✭✭✭✭
    coolermh wrote: »
    I think NB's need some sort of sheild or heal?

I think disappearing entirely works better than a shield. And what exactly is funnel health again?

Kitty DK

Vanguärd
    Învictus
    Sun's Death
    EPHS

- Peggy Moe - Look Mom No Emp Buff - Chalman - Linda the Zookeeper -
  • Spangla
    Spangla
    ✭✭✭✭
    Buff Nightblades?

I'd swap fear for hardened war

I'd swap fear for reflective scales

I'd swap fear for blazing shield
    ]
    Until then s*fu

• pppontus
    pppontus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...It's just impossible to survive if you get targeted by just a few half decent players nowadays...

Well there's your problem! Learn to play ;p

Unless I start cheating I just don't see how I can take it when they Jesus beam me, use a skill that drops block and heavy burst for the 0,2s before I can break free.

The HP nerf should have never happened. Infinite resources should have never happened. Gah, they just *** it up.
  • pppontus
    pppontus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spangla wrote: »
    Buff Nightblades?

]
    Until then s*fu

Omg haha. I wish you could actually do that, you would be crying so hard when you activate your 4k damage shield with 0 mitigation, I'd pay to see the look on your face :D

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buff Nightblades?

]
    Until then s*fu

Omg haha. I wish you could actually do that, you would be crying so hard when you activate your 4k damage shield with 0 mitigation, I'd pay to see the look on your face :D

Haha yeah I accepted the trade offer for blazing shield when he posted it somewhere else. Just need ZOS to complete the deal. Probably more like 6k on average. If you go all health in your attributes and eat food, you might get 7.5k. But then wait until it gets hit for more than that and the leftover damage then gets its crit chance and is unmitigated by any armor you might have.
  • Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buff Nightblades?

]
    Until then s*fu

you can have my blazing shield any time.
    thanks for trade
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
    Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
    + many others
  • Imdrefan
    Imdrefan
    ✭✭✭
    Buff Nightblades?

]
    Until then s*fu

TAKE MY BLAZING SHIELD RITE NOW.

Can you imagine fear on a templar? Omfg I'm salivating.
    Drefan - VR14 AD Templar
    Decibel
    Dark Flare to the Face
  • Schurge
    Schurge
    ✭✭
    eliisra wrote: »
    Ezareth wrote: »
    The problem is there are so many terribad night blades out there that they've skewed the public opinion into thinking they are a weak class when they are not by any means.

There's definitely something with the assassin archetype that attracts below average players, but I cant put my finger on it, only speculate. Might be due to history and other online games. The class with options for rouge/assassin/Robin Hood gameplay is often the easiest one the play, highest burst, fotm with best potential for PvP. Solid choice for terribads, scrubs and trashtalking teenager.

So when these terribads came to ESO they probably had all these expectations when choosing a nightblade. Must have been a major disappointment. Here you need a certain amount of brains, timing and skill, to perform well. Especially if you play nightblade.

So which scrub class do you play? The ranged pet class, the paladin, or Dragonborn?
  • Maudieu
    Maudieu
    ✭✭
    Shield for my NB? No thanks. Fixing cloak and fear? Yes please.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What the class lacks, is survivablility. in exchange for this, we get very high DPS. therefore, if the class were to get the self heal(s) and damage shield(s) to get some more sustainability(and no, cloak does not grant us high sustainability, its a 2.5 second long spell that can be stopped with quite a few techniques and abilties) then the damage we can inflict would have to be decreased.

oh, and to elsira(whatever the name is, too lazy to go look) thanks for that lovely speech about how assassin archetype players are "terribads" or whatever the heck you said; wonderful speech:/

so tell me, do you have like a 100.0 K/D ratio or some crap like that?

take your crap elsewhere please. you are not the only one who gets annoyed when being killed by assassin type players. Happens to all of us.

Edited by Cody on 19 April 2015 06:46
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think the reasonable solutions is to make dark cloak remove all negative effects, heal the nightblade to full, give the nightblade a 20k shield, and make the next attack automatically kill it's target.

Will that stop the crying? My bet is no.
  • shane.roberts25b14_ESO
    PeggymoeXD wrote: »
    coolermh wrote: »
    I think NB's need some sort of sheild or heal?

I think disappearing entirely works better than a shield. And what exactly is funnel health again?

Please tell me you don't honestly think Funnel Health is even close to comparable to Dragon Blood, or the ENTIRE Restoring Light tree for that matter! Have you even played a NB?
    "I used to be an adventurer like you, then I took a nerf-arrow to the knee!"
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cody wrote: »
    What the class lacks, is survivablility. in exchange for this, we get very high DPS. therefore, if the class were to get the self heal(s) and damage shield(s) to get some more sustainability(and no, cloak does not grant us high sustainability, its a 2.5 second long spell that can be stopped with quite a few techniques and abilties) then the damage we can inflict would have to be decreased.

oh, and to elsira(whatever the name is, too lazy to go look) thanks for that lovely speech about how assassin archetype players are "terribads" or whatever the heck you said; wonderful speech:/

so tell me, do you have like a 100.0 K/D ratio or some crap like that?

take your crap elsewhere please. you are not the only one who gets annoyed when being killed by assassin type players. Happens to all of us.

Read again then - there's no saying that assassin archetype players are bad or anything, just that many below average players choose it. I have the same feeling tbh. Doesn't say anything against good NB, rather the opposite, NB isn't that easy to master but very rewarding.
    The problem is there are so many terribad night blades out there that they've skewed the public opinion into thinking they are a weak class when they are not by any means.

There's definitely something with the assassin archetype that attracts below average players, but I cant put my finger on it, only speculate. Might be due to history and other online games. The class with options for rouge/assassin/Robin Hood gameplay is often the easiest one the play, highest burst, fotm with best potential for PvP. Solid choice for terribads, scrubs and trashtalking teenager.

So when these terribads came to ESO they probably had all these expectations when choosing a nightblade. Must have been a major disappointment. Here you need a certain amount of brains, timing and skill, to perform well. Especially if you play nightblade.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Draehl
    Draehl
    ✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »

True for certain builds, but NB isn't just about being a medium armor assassin. There is clearly a great deal of intent for an attrition playstyle- Mirage, Grim Focus, Refreshing Path, Dark Shades, Sap Essence, Siphoning Attacks, Cripple, Agony, Strife. Like I mentioned earlier in the thread it is largely meta based, but even if burst build's resource management were brought into line the effectiveness of many of these other skills just isn't quite up to par.

But hey, a lot of builds need love. Stam Sorcs for example aren't exactly kicking ass right now either. Zeni really needs to quit balancing/catering so hard to the archetypical roles. The whole point of this game's armor/weapon/skill system is to allow freedom of playstyle. You shouldn't be able to throw random skills on your bar and make it work, but if logical combinations are placed into a build it should be viable. Currently this isn't the case.
    Edited by Draehl on 19 April 2015 13:14
    Main: Breton Nightblade "Shadow Cleric" (Sustained Damage/offhealer) 5L/2H - Resto + S&B
    Alt: Argonian Dragonknight (Stam DoTs/Tank) 5H/2M - S&B + Bow
    Alt: Nord Templar Berserker (Rawr) 5M/2H - Dual Wield + Two Hander
    Alt: Altmer Sorceror (Pewpew) 7L - Destro + Resto
  • AltusVenifus
    AltusVenifus
    ✭✭✭

I don't agree that NB attracts below average players... I think it is simple the hardest class to master... it takes patience and knowing when to burst... every other class I play is pretty straight forward (understand your resources and attack)...
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I don't agree that NB attracts below average players... I think it is simple the hardest class to master... it takes patience and knowing when to burst... every other class I play is pretty straight forward (understand your resources and attack)...

TBH, that was like it in 1.5 maybe, but now you won't kill any good players if you just do sustained damage. and burst damage, while being the way to go, is still worthless if not timed well.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • AltusVenifus
    AltusVenifus
    ✭✭✭
    ToRelax wrote: »

TBH, that was like it in 1.5 maybe, but now you won't kill any good players if you just do sustained damage. and burst damage, while being the way to go, is still worthless if not timed well.

NB only class that cannot trade a resource instantly for health through heals or shields or combination of the two, therefore cannot extend fights like other classes... I play a sorc and a Temp, both of those classes at the push of a button can mitigate damage and basically hit a pause button on combat... its a huge advantage. U could argue dark cloak is this ability... However, I don't agree.