Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Detection Potions

• Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Detection potions are ridiculously overpowered now. that's right I said overpowered. 20-30 meter radius, 41 second duration.... half of my sneak time has turned into spamming cloak and hoping i don't get caught.

its utterly ridiculous. I get people don't like being ganked; I don't like being ganked! but making the play style almost useless is not the way to fight it.

stealth already had issues before, now its just a frustration. ZOS, why do you hate stealth????? Have I ganked one of y'all to extensive degrees or something?

WHY?????

• Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bahalul wrote: »
    Sharee wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind a potion that prevents my cloak from working for 40 seconds if there were potions that would prevent a sorc from bolt escaping for 40 seconds, potion to prevent a DK from using GDB for 40 seconds... you get the idea.

If you notice someone popping detect pot then stop spamming cloak and fight back? The range of detect pot isn't that great (I literally have to hug the NB to be able to see him). Remember when someone pops a detect pot he can't use any other pot for 1min so your best choice is to either cast rapid maneuver and cloak again to put a distance between you and the chaser, or just finish him off quick.

yet i can be detected WAY out in the middle of nowhere?

:/

fight back? against the 3-5 player squads searching for me? so I now have to be speced for 3v1s, 5v1s, or even 20v1s to PvP?

what's next i wonder?

Look, I can fight back, but not against entire groups:/ as a scout, my options are now very limited.

I've already made a new character; im not putting up with this broken stealth system anymore.
    Edited by Cody on 10 April 2015 04:24
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still waiting for the potion that will make Bolt Escape nearly useless for 40 seconds.
  • Dudis
    Dudis
    ✭✭✭
    Nerf the range and/or duration slightly and add a visual effect to whoever has it up

25m range
    10-15s duration
    easily spotted visual effect

Would be about right imo. But this is comming from a magica NB that abuses the crap out of Cloak. Pots really do screw me over when fighting multiples though :/
    I use a lot of detection pots myself too, obviously.
    Edited by Dudis on 10 April 2015 12:04
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mildly off topic but I really like to use invisispeed pots to run to middle of (zerg sized crazy) fights and drop nova and book it away whilst teammates use synergy then clean house.
  • Zsymon
    Zsymon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Detection Potions should be 10m range and only in a cone in front of the player. If you want more, slot Mage Light.
    Edited by Zsymon on 10 April 2015 21:47
  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zsymon wrote: »
    Detection Potions should be 10m range and only in a cone in front of the player. If you want more, slot Mage Light.

it almost feels like that already
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCozmon3c/videos
  • TheBucket
    TheBucket
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zsymon wrote: »

it almost feels like that already

No. It doesnt lol.
    William Reignes
    Magic Nightblade - Rogue Bomber
    Creator of Thirsty Thief Build (Retired 1.5)
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    as a DK Flames of Oblivion has also uncloaked numerous NBS right on top of me
  • Makkir
    Makkir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ezareth wrote: »
    Its weird...I have a nightblade..so i know that detect pots will kill NBs fairly quick..

but at the same time..I know if they were removed or nerfed badly, Nightblades would be insanely stupid like Sorcs are right now for getting away from fights.

Basically if they removed detect pots right now..You'd never kill my Nightblade.

Pretty much this.

Against good Nightblades even with Radiant Magelight they good ones get away easily. It almost seems like Magelight detection radius was nerfed or something.

@Ezareth It was nerfed dude, you can't tell if it's even up anymore!
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dudis wrote: »
    Nerf the range and/or duration slightly and add a visual effect to whoever has it up

25m range
    10-15s duration

Would be about right imo. But this is comming from a magica NB that abuses the crap out of Cloak. Pots really do screw me over when fighting multiples though :/

its actually 20m
    wich is affected in both directions as the refreshing rate of stealth information between two clients and the server is horribly low thus you have the situation where you cant "see" a stealther you are right on top or can see him while moving 30+m away becasue he just went out of the visibale range the second the information was send to your opponent. in short it works in both ways.

no - but it should not detect cloaked NBs

the effect is existing and as "easily" recognizable as every other visual effect.
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• Zsymon
    Zsymon
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree, Detection potions should only detect stealthed players, it should not make void the most important Nightblade skill.
    Edited by Zsymon on 11 April 2015 11:58
  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tankqull wrote: »
    Dudis wrote: »

25m range
    10-15s duration

its actually 20m
    wich is affected in both directions as the refreshing rate of stealth information between two clients and the server is horribly low thus you have the situation where you cant "see" a stealther you are right on top or can see him while moving 30+m away becasue he just went out of the visibale range the second the information was send to your opponent. in short it works in both ways.

no - but it should not detect cloaked NBs

the effect is existing and as "easily" recognizable as every other visual effect.

The pot is probably 20 detection radius but with all the improved stealth passive detection radius goes to like 10m against most night blades.
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
  • Eivar
    Eivar
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have always felt that detect pots shouldn't see through cloak, but should absolutely negate regular stealth, each class has their own style built in, dks have ridiculous defense, templars have great self healing, sorcs have insane mobility, and nbs have the ability to disappear and get out of dodge....except that stealth has been gimped since launch, it is definately much better these days, but the fact that you can negate a classes primary defensive ability with a pot is ridiculous. my vet 9 stamina nb can cast cloak 3 times before he's out of mana, i've heard on average at v14 5ish is about it, i've seen sorcs bolt escape 15-20+ times in a row, and there is very little chance of stopping them, not impossible just difficult, why should it be so easy to counter a nb?

as it is there are still issues with stealth and staying in combat, yesterday i was in thornblade(boring if you're ep lol) fighting near one of the ad gates, fired a snipe off, target ducked away behind a gate wall, i was in combat an dunable to stealth for what felt like 5 mins despite having tried to cloak and run off away from all the fighting, seems the devs still need to tweak the code cause that basically negates a stamina nbs damage burst and relegates you to sitting in back doing negligible dmg.
  • wretch200
    wretch200
    ✭✭✭
    PeggymoeXD wrote: »
    I'm just saying the majority of the players who just disappear like cowards are quickly being weeded out lol

You keep on expressing this sentiment that all classes should fight out in the open mano a mano like it was some type of natural law or divine code. That may be your preferred style but a lot of people like to play differently. I like to sneak around, get in over my head and then see if I can get out alive. I hate players who bounce around all the time like pogo sticks out in the open. But you know what, they have every right to play that way and if ZoS want's to give them some bouncing passives to improve that then good on them.

It's a crutch. I eat everything 1v1 as a NB, regardless.
  • Eivar
    Eivar
    ✭✭✭✭
    wretch200 wrote: »
    I'm just saying the majority of the players who just disappear like cowards are quickly being weeded out lol

You keep on expressing this sentiment that all classes should fight out in the open mano a mano like it was some type of natural law or divine code. That may be your preferred style but a lot of people like to play differently. I like to sneak around, get in over my head and then see if I can get out alive. I hate players who bounce around all the time like pogo sticks out in the open. But you know what, they have every right to play that way and if ZoS want's to give them some bouncing passives to improve that then good on them.

It's a crutch. I eat everything 1v1 as a NB, regardless.

lol, that's great but it's not about individual ability, if you're a top of the line pvper fantastic, it's more about needing the classes to have a relatively even footing to build from, which they don't at the moment. it's getting there but needs a bit more tweaking still imo.
  • Laerwen
    Laerwen
    ✭✭✭
    Its funny how many people say sorcs run from fights. I have never ran from one person, ever. I will draw you out from nuthugging your group, sure, but I will never deny anyone a fair fight.
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At this point, I don't use Dark Cloak for anything but the self-dispel anymore. If it sticks long enough to get off a Surprise Attack stun, we're golden.
  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eivar wrote: »
    I have always felt that detect pots shouldn't see through cloak, but should absolutely negate regular stealth, each class has their own style built in, dks have ridiculous defense, templars have great self healing, sorcs have insane mobility, and nbs have the ability to disappear and get out of dodge....except that stealth has been gimped since launch, it is definately much better these days, but the fact that you can negate a classes primary defensive ability with a pot is ridiculous. my vet 9 stamina nb can cast cloak 3 times before he's out of mana, i've heard on average at v14 5ish is about it, i've seen sorcs bolt escape 15-20+ times in a row, and there is very little chance of stopping them, not impossible just difficult, why should it be so easy to counter a nb?

as it is there are still issues with stealth and staying in combat, yesterday i was in thornblade(boring if you're ep lol) fighting near one of the ad gates, fired a snipe off, target ducked away behind a gate wall, i was in combat an dunable to stealth for what felt like 5 mins despite having tried to cloak and run off away from all the fighting, seems the devs still need to tweak the code cause that basically negates a stamina nbs damage burst and relegates you to sitting in back doing negligible dmg.

Go magicka base NB and stealth forever. Build it like a sorc they both work in a similar fashion.
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
  • Eivar
    Eivar
    ✭✭✭✭

Go magicka base NB and stealth forever. Build it like a sorc they both work in a similar fashion.

I've done that before, I'm generally happy with stamina based nb, I just wish i could rely on my classes main defensive ability to be reasonably effective.

• hehekta
    hehekta
    Go magicka base NB and stealth forever.

No difference magica based or stamina. Cloak still broken, no matter how many times you push that crap-button.

• cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've done that before, I'm generally happy with stamina based nb, I just wish i could rely on my classes main defensive ability to be reasonably effective.

Roll dodge a lot and go around a tree or rock and then hit cloak, works pretty well. Add some speed to it and you become pretty beast
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
  • Zielijiek
    Zielijiek
    ✭✭✭
    Detect Potion = nullify NB class ability (broken shadow cloak) = supreme disadvantage

Where are the potions that increase damage against magical shields?

So, you're saying, I get free kills if I use detect pots? Hellya!
    Let fate be your guide.
  • Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holy fried chicken smothered in lovely potatoes of fluffiness, why have I never used these up until now.

Seriously, these things change a NB ganker's playstyle from "invisible glass cannon" to "spamming cloak panic mode"

probably one of the reasons below:

1) quite costly
    2) quite troublesome due to lower availability
    3) tripots are also pretty good
    4) unstoppable + speed are also insanely good to have on pots
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
    Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
    + many others
  • Eivar
    Eivar
    ✭✭✭✭

Roll dodge a lot and go around a tree or rock and then hit cloak, works pretty well. Add some speed to it and you become pretty beast

I actually have a lot of pratice at disappearing as a nb, I've gotten fairly good at evading detection, but there are just times where it's impossible, most of those tiems are due to cloak not working as it should, the others are just me getting overconfident and/or unlucky. I just want to see the skill working as it should, instead of a legion of staff spammers and their slow moving projectiles preventing people from cloaking. then it would take real effort to get a kill instead of lulz a nb click click click. i weeeen.
  • AllPlayAndNoWork
    AllPlayAndNoWork
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    akray21 wrote: »
    NB's have the lowest survive-ability without cloak. Let's see how long DK's would survive with a pot that denies GDB for 40 seconds with the same radius as detect pots...

That's a load of rubbish... Plenty of excellent Magicka NB's in PvP dont even use cloak and are on a par with every class.
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Laerwen wrote: »
    Its funny how many people say sorcs run from fights. I have never ran from one person, ever. I will draw you out from nuthugging your group, sure, but I will never deny anyone a fair fight.

On this we can finally agree.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • PeggymoeXD
    PeggymoeXD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ezareth wrote: »
    Laerwen wrote: »

On this we can finally agree.

You two may be an exception, but most sorcs attempt to draw you out from your nuthugging group just to lure them into their own.
    Kitty DK

Vanguärd
    Învictus
    Sun's Death
    EPHS

- Peggy Moe - Look Mom No Emp Buff - Chalman - Linda the Zookeeper -
  • Zielijiek
    Zielijiek
    ✭✭✭
    NB's have the lowest survive-ability without cloak. Let's see how long DK's would survive with a pot that denies GDB for 40 seconds with the same radius as detect pots...

That's a load of rubbish... Plenty of excellent Magicka NB's in PvP dont even use cloak and are on a par with every class.

They don't use cloak because they can't use cloak. When you start taking the alternate morph of 'Shadowy Disguise' versus 'Dark Cloak' for the 100% crit because it's the only useful piece to our class ability. At least there's something that I can use to my advantage.

Any day I'd trade Hardened Ward for Cloak, easily, without question, no problem.

If Detect Pots nullify cloak, give me another class ability, because this is complete garbage and breeds inequalities in the game.

Edited by Zielijiek on 17 April 2015 00:40
    Let fate be your guide.
  • AllPlayAndNoWork
    AllPlayAndNoWork
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zielijiek wrote: »

They don't use cloak because they can't use cloak. When you start taking the alternate morph of 'Shadowy Disguise' versus 'Dark Cloak' for the 100% crit because it's the only useful piece to our class ability. At least there's something that I can use to my advantage.

Any day I'd trade Hardened Ward for Cloak, easily, without question, no problem.

If Detect Pots nullify cloak, give me another class ability, because this is complete garbage and breads inequalities in the game.

A lot don't use it because they don't want to use it because their build doesn't rely on it.
    Me included.