The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Champion System Clarification

• Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Layenem wrote: »
    Faulgor wrote: »
    If one champion point is supposed to take you 4 hours to get, and ZOS' current design is for one veteran rank to take you 10 hours, 30 champion points equal 12 veteran ranks. That is only slightly less than current maximum level, and more than Cadwell's silver and gold content was designed for.

So, if you are worried that you did unrepeatable quest content for naught, you are mistaken. You already get more than you earned in silver and gold content.

If you are worried that you aren't adequately compensated for your 8 V14 characters, that is only marginally the case. All of your characters will have access to champion points equivalent to 12 veteran ranks. And until veteran ranks are removed, you will remain more powerful than lower veteran rank characters.

Nobody loses anything.

The only reason I can see people being upset is that any veteran player gets the same points they get, which they supposedly "worked hard for" and others didn't. But that's just petty in my opinion.

The concern is the exp is not replaceable. While we went ahead and expended the exp others will be able to use that exp. Objective quests and Achievement exp are amazing sources of exp that we no longer have access to that others do. It's a difference in EXP now... not anything else.

At the end of the day it looks like this: In one month after 1.6 most players have all of Caldwell's Silver and Gold complete. Half of the players were able to use the exp earned towards champion points, the other half were not because they completed the content under the confirmation that they'd get the credit forwarded.

THAT is a huge gap. It's lost exp that won't come back. If you don't understand this concept then there's really nothing else to discuss. Especially since a "we're not really sure" would have kept most of us from doing the silver and gold and just grinding through boss exploits like the other half did. We won't have access to those same exploits but they will have access to our exp loss.

Again, the silver and gold content doesn't even amount to 30 champion points. Out of 3600. It's absolutely minuscule, there is no "huge gap".

If someone after 1.6 decides to do silver and gold content, great, have fun. But we can already suspect this will not be the best way to earn champion points. It certainly has never been the best way to earn exp. So what are you going to do with your V14 all-quests-maxed-out character? Just sit on your hands and cry or go play the game?

What one month after 1.6 will really look like is low veteran characters that dally through silver and gold quest content, increasing their champion points at a snail's pace compared to V14 characters that are still much stronger and can farm high level repetable content and gain exp at a much faster rate.

If someone refuses to do repeatable content to gain champion points, they never would have gotten very far in any case. The current outrage over not even 1% of the new progression system is absolutely ridiculous.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
    Options
  • EQBallzz
    EQBallzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Layenem wrote: »
    If one champion point is supposed to take you 4 hours to get, and ZOS' current design is for one veteran rank to take you 10 hours, 30 champion points equal 12 veteran ranks. That is only slightly less than current maximum level, and more than Cadwell's silver and gold content was designed for.

So, if you are worried that you did unrepeatable quest content for naught, you are mistaken. You already get more than you earned in silver and gold content.

If you are worried that you aren't adequately compensated for your 8 V14 characters, that is only marginally the case. All of your characters will have access to champion points equivalent to 12 veteran ranks. And until veteran ranks are removed, you will remain more powerful than lower veteran rank characters.

Nobody loses anything.

The only reason I can see people being upset is that any veteran player gets the same points they get, which they supposedly "worked hard for" and others didn't. But that's just petty in my opinion.

The concern is the exp is not replaceable. While we went ahead and expended the exp others will be able to use that exp. Objective quests and Achievement exp are amazing sources of exp that we no longer have access to that others do. It's a difference in EXP now... not anything else.

At the end of the day it looks like this: In one month after 1.6 most players have all of Caldwell's Silver and Gold complete. Half of the players were able to use the exp earned towards champion points, the other half were not because they completed the content under the confirmation that they'd get the credit forwarded.

THAT is a huge gap. It's lost exp that won't come back. If you don't understand this concept then there's really nothing else to discuss. Especially since a "we're not really sure" would have kept most of us from doing the silver and gold and just grinding through boss exploits like the other half did. We won't have access to those same exploits but they will have access to our exp loss.

Again, the silver and gold content doesn't even amount to 30 champion points. Out of 3600. It's absolutely minuscule, there is no "huge gap".

If someone after 1.6 decides to do silver and gold content, great, have fun. But we can already suspect this will not be the best way to earn champion points. It certainly has never been the best way to earn exp. So what are you going to do with your V14 all-quests-maxed-out character? Just sit on your hands and cry or go play the game?

What one month after 1.6 will really look like is low veteran characters that dally through silver and gold quest content, increasing their champion points at a snail's pace compared to V14 characters that are still much stronger and can farm high level repetable content and gain exp at a much faster rate.

If someone refuses to do repeatable content to gain champion points, they never would have gotten very far in any case. The current outrage over not even 1% of the new progression system is absolutely ridiculous.

I disagree with your premise about how many CP the silver/gold content is worth but let's say that is correct. Your argument goes both ways. If it represents such a small portion of the total CP then why not award players with the CP it represents?

If they give 1 CP per vet level across characters that would be less than was earned at the time and would create a relatively small gap between vr1 (30 CP) and say someone with 2 v14s (58 CP) and someone with 4 v14s (86 CP). So the gap between a v1 and someone with 4 v14s would only be 56 CP. If that is so meaningless..why not award it to people so there can be a sense that their progress was not completely wasted?
    Options
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://tamrielfoundry.com/2014/12/champion-system-qa-pt1/
    http://tamrielfoundry.com/2014/12/champion-system-qa-pt2/

As far as Eric is concerned...alternative measures will be put in place to compensate for the Veteran Rank loss...when they finally get removed.
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
    Options
  • EQBallzz
    EQBallzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rune_Relic wrote: »

As far as Eric is concerned...alternative measures will be put in place to compensate for the Veteran Rank loss...when they finally get removed.

Yeah, we can really believe some vague statement when we can't even believe clear and precise statements that assure everyone they are not wasting their time. Sorry but that doesn't fly.
    Options
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EQBallzz wrote: »

Yeah, we can really believe some vague statement when we can't even believe clear and precise statements that assure everyone they are not wasting their time. Sorry but that doesn't fly.

So you can ignore the statement that 30cp is all you will get then ?
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
    Options
  • EQBallzz
    EQBallzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EQBallzz wrote: »

So you can ignore the statement that 30cp is all you will get then ?

I would say anything they say is suspect. However, I will lean more towards what they actually say versus some vague comment that doesn't give any detail whatsoever.
    Options
  • Lynnessa
    Lynnessa
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is a saying: "Don't borrow tomorrow's troubles today."

It's not like anyone knows what things will actually be like 2 months from now.

You fail to understand the point behind preemptive screaming. If you make enough of a stink about it, they'll think twice about allowing the failure of compensation to come to pass.

Now you know, and knowing is half the battle.....

Well, it certainly does stink around here. So I'd say mission accomplished there.

Seriously... any fun or interesting threads on the forums are obscured by all of the whining.

I'll check back in a while, maybe I'll find something worthwhile to read then.

Edited by Lynnessa on 29 December 2014 02:21
    Options
  • Joejudas
    Joejudas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Rune_Relic that Q&A was recorded before ESO live was recorded. so its completely invalid.
    Options
  • manny254
    manny254
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Joejudas wrote: »
    @Rune_Relic that Q&A was recorded before ESO live was recorded. so its completely invalid.
    Uh no its not.

That is like saying "I changed my mind so what I said before doesn't matter."

That is like how America essentially ignores how we royally screwed over Cuba after the Spanish American War, but is amazed that Cubans like Castro hated us.
    - Mojican
    Options
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The current outrage over not even 1% of the new progression system is absolutely ridiculous.

The outrage is because VR14s will lose the progression they had vis-a-vis a level 50 and will receive no compensation for that - when ZoS explicitly told them they would.
    Edited by Joy_Division on 27 December 2014 20:53
    Options
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Folks, Several postings had to be removed from this thread as they were not in line with our Community-Rules. We’d like to remind everyone that we don’t allow flaming and/or trolling on the ESO forums.

Well, if calling ZoS on their BS is trolling... >.> I mean, how clearer WE, the PLAYERS need to make? We don't like that you guys are cheating us of our time!!! If your player base is not happy, you lose money, because we LEAVE!
    Options
  • Fray_2010
    Fray_2010
    ✭✭
    I'll hoppe that's a bad jocke..... I don't want to understand that I have played the last month for nothing....
    you promis that the Xp will not be lost....what happend with it? or was it a fake and you don't save it?
    Edited by Fray_2010 on 29 December 2014 10:48
    Für die einen die Signatur - für die anderen der sinnloseste Satz der Welt.
    Nur das Genie findet sich im Chaos zurecht.
    Wo ich bin, herrscht Chaos, aber ich kann ja nicht überall sein!
    Ihr seit doch alle nur neidisch, dass nur ich die Stimmen höre. :p
    Options
  • Razzak
    Razzak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fray_2010 wrote: »
    I'll hoppe that's a bad jocke..... I don't want to understand that I have played the last month for nothing....
    you promis that the Xp will not be lost....what happend with it? or was it a fake and you don't save it?

They knew even than, they will not be giving us CP based on our XP. They just wanted us to play longer and pay more.
    Options
  • Unlikely_Ghostbuster
    Unlikely_Ghostbuster
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lynnessa wrote: »
    There is a saying: "Don't borrow tomorrow's troubles today."

It's not like anyone knows what things will actually be like 2 months from now.

You fail to understand the point behind preemptive screaming. If you make enough of a stink about it, they'll think twice about allowing the failure of compensation to come to pass.

Now you know, and knowing is half the battle.....

Well, it certainly does stink around here. So I'd say mission accomplished there.

Seriously... any fun or interesting threads on the forums are obscured by all of the whining.

I'll check back in a while, maybe I'll find something worthwhile to read then.

I suppose that explains why you don't care -- you only play this game to stalk the forums, which means you're non-competitive, which means you have no stake in the matter.

If you're looking for something worth reading, there are these new-fangled contraptions that are so advanced, they're like kindles that don't need batteries. I've been playing with them since I cancelled my subscription.

They're called "books" -- a little tricky to open if you've never seen one, before.

In those books, you may read about a few abstract concepts, like trust, honesty, and respect; all three critically depend on keeping your word. For example, making a promise you cannot or have no intention of keeping is dishonest, untrustworthy, and disrespectful.

FYI, telling people they're whining because you cannot be bothered to consider or understand their position is *also* disrespectful (and/or lazy). It's also the reason the rest of the world hates Americans -- the crass narcissism.
    Options
  • GunemCleric
    GunemCleric
    ✭✭✭

Nobody loses anything.

I have 2 vr14, one of which has completed 1105 quests and has a "/played" that sums to over 1909+ hours (79 days, 13 hours, 43 minutes,and 33 seconds) the other 594+ hours (24 days,18 hours,18 minutes,and 58 seconds) that means I have averaged 8-10 hours a day since release. It takes *maybe* 40 hours doing all the quests to get to lvl 50, 20 hours if grinding. I personally had a vet since late April.

By your math I should get 500-600 CP.

I ask you or anyone to explain to me how it is remotely fair that a vr1 after 20-40 hours of play should receive the same amount of CP as I will after 50-100x (2400 hours) the play time.

I have 3 accounts, 24 DC characters I planned to level up. I love the game, but now i have to convince myself that I want to actually keep 3 accounts and then I will have to spend the next month in the game GRINDING a character on my other 2 accounts to get at least the 30 CP for them, since it is free points to the players who merely get lvl 50.

Then i have to GRIND the 5 non-vets on my main account to vet so that I can actually be able to gain CP via the exceptionally boring and poorly designed fetch-quests when I finally have the pleasure of being totally screwed with the 1.6 CP system.

My next month in the game with be an excruciating grind in order to position my characters to be able to grind CP in order to stay competitive with people who have far more time on their hands (and for some reason stayed after this debacle)

So please @ZOS_GinaBruno‌ or any of you defenders of the ZOS lie, please explain how exactly the CP system is fair. I know for a fact that that there are many other out there that have played more than me.

I have worked very hard to encourage a lot of people in my guild and others to stay subbed. There is nothing I can say to ZOS blatantly lying to player base and punishing loyal players, how do I argue or convince someone to stay after that. If it was not for all my friends and how well my guild is doing I would likely take this as a sign to leave. I think the already laughable 800k player base may decline further after this gets to the vast majority of players who do not read forums.

btw, I have a wife and work more than 40 hours a week (my time is limited and valuable) and highly educated systems engineer (please do not use fallacy, false math, or technology-lacking explanations)
    Gunerm Cleric ~ Dragon Knight, Tank ~ vr14
    Cruleg Nimec ~ Dragon Knight, DPS ~ vr14
    Gunem Cleric ~ Templar, Heals ~ vr3
    Cleric Gunem ~ Sorcerer, TBD ~ vr1
    Daggerfall Covenant (only) ~ NA
    Guts n Glory & Guts n Glory EOC ~ Guildmaster ~ GnG ~ MMO Dark Guild
    Daggerfall Cosa Nostra ~ Founder ~ DCN ~ DC guild leaders only (no cross faction PvP guilds)
    Options
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nobody loses anything.

I have 2 vr14, one of which has completed 1105 quests and has a "/played" that sums to over 1909+ hours (79 days, 13 hours, 43 minutes,and 33 seconds) the other 594+ hours (24 days,18 hours,18 minutes,and 58 seconds) that means I have averaged 8-10 hours a day since release. It takes *maybe* 40 hours doing all the quests to get to lvl 50, 20 hours if grinding. I personally had a vet since late April.

I ask you or anyone to explain to me how it is remotely fair that a vr1 after 20-40 hours of play should receive the same amount of CP as I will after 50-100x (2400 hours) the play time.

I have 3 accounts, 24 DC characters I planned to level up. I love the game, but now i have to convince myself that I want to actually keep 3 accounts and then I will have to spend the next month in the game GRINDING a character on my other 2 accounts to get at least the 30 CP for them, since it is free points to the players who merely get lvl 50.

Then i have to GRIND the 5 non-vets on my main account to vet so that I can actually be able to gain CP via the exceptionally boring and poorly designed fetch-quests when I finally have the pleasure of being totally screwed with the 1.6 CP system.

My next month in the game with be an excruciating grind in order to position my characters to be able to grind CP in order to stay competitive with people who have far more time on their hands (and for some reason stayed after this debacle)

So please @ZOS_GinaBruno‌ or any of you defenders of the ZOS lie, please explain how exactly the CP system is fair. I know for a fact that that there are many other out there that have played more than me.

I have worked very hard to encourage a lot of people in my guild and others to stay subbed. There is nothing I can say to ZOS blatantly lying to player base and punishing loyal players, how do I argue or convince someone to stay after that. If it was not for all my friends and how well my guild is doing I would likely take this as a sign to leave. I think the already laughable 800k player base may decline further after this gets to the vast majority of players who do not read forums.

btw, I have a wife and work more than 40 hours a week (my time is limited and valuable) and highly educated systems engineer (please do not use fallacy, false math, or technology-lacking explanations)
    Nothing in life is fair.
    Options
  • GunemCleric
    GunemCleric
    ✭✭✭
    When anyone other than the troll answers also consider that rolling over and allowing a company to lie and treat any player unfairly means that when your turn comes, and it will, no one will defend you.

Soon a vast amount of players will have their effort completely ignored, do you really think this will be the last time something like this happens? They did not give vague assurances, but a clear and concise promise. Anyone defending ZOS in this clearly is not looking toward the future, or is one of the whiners who think everything is supposed to be fair (and everyone gets a trophy for trying) or works for ZOS.

If there are 3600 points and they soooo powerful that they limited to 30 then what happens we we reach 1000, will they reset it so everyone is fair again? The game will not last that long when the company blatantly lies to their customers, ether that or the management does not survive when the investors get wind of how badly customers are being treated and how quickly they are leaving.

Most are asking for a pittance, there should be no less that a clear separation of levels when the vet levels are gone it should be clearly spelled out that ALL playtime will be rewarded as appropriate. veteran players should have CP that represents their level at very least OR you should be rewarded based on game time OR XP, you clearly track all three. Every vr rank above vr1 should be worth at lease 2 CP based on everything that has been said.

ZOS, you seriously need to hire someone to look at your progression system, look for people who actually have experience in gaming.
    Gunerm Cleric ~ Dragon Knight, Tank ~ vr14
    Cruleg Nimec ~ Dragon Knight, DPS ~ vr14
    Gunem Cleric ~ Templar, Heals ~ vr3
    Cleric Gunem ~ Sorcerer, TBD ~ vr1
    Daggerfall Covenant (only) ~ NA
    Guts n Glory & Guts n Glory EOC ~ Guildmaster ~ GnG ~ MMO Dark Guild
    Daggerfall Cosa Nostra ~ Founder ~ DCN ~ DC guild leaders only (no cross faction PvP guilds)
    Options
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thankfully my VR14 charactor is my crafter :p So this just means when you hit VR1 with a charactor, you stop playing it and start another if you don't want to waste XP.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
    Options
  • DanielMaxwell
    DanielMaxwell
    ✭✭✭

Nobody loses anything.

the cp system is as fair as rewarding you twice for running content once prior to 1.6 , while only rewarding those who run that same content after 1.6 one time . as that is exactly what you are asking for , the only thing that makes what your asking for even remotely valid is that stupid promise made by ZOS (the 30 points covers them in case of legal actions ) .
    Options
  • ahstin2001nub18_ESO
    Thankfully my VR14 charactor is my crafter :pSo this just means when you hit VR1 with a charactor, you stop playing it and start another if you don't want to waste XP.

i intended to do this when CS was announced. then they made the comment of keep playing...
    I will work. I will save. I will sacrifice. I will endure. I will fight cheerfully and do my utmost, as if the whole issue of the struggle depended on me alone.

Martin A. Treptow
    1894-1918
    Options
  • Aoife32001
    Aoife32001
    ✭✭✭✭
    Of course, if the system was released as originally intended and the result was massively unbalanced gameplay, everyone would be b----ing too.
    Options
  • Nazon_Katts
    Nazon_Katts
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nobody loses anything.

Nothing in life is fair.

And good games are situationally unfair.
    "You've probably figured that out by now. Let's hope so. Or we're in real trouble... and out come the intestines. And I skip rope with them!"
    Options
  • kelly.medleyb14_ESO
    kelly.medleyb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

As many of you know, the Champion System is designed to be a replacement for the Veteran System. Internally, we have been implementing and testing the Champion System for the last few months. During that iteration time we’ve learned a lot. This changed some of our intended launch goals for the system. Specifically of concern is the number of Champion Points earned before the system launches. Here are four of the most salient points with regards to the number of Champion Points earned when we launch phase 3 with Update 6 and the reasons for the change:

1. The system needs to be integrated in phases, leaving the Veteran Ranks in place for phase 3.

Because the Champion System is layered on top of the Veteran System, the power differential between players from Veteran Rank 1 to Veteran Rank 14 still exists. There are many reasons we haven’t fully eliminated Veteran Ranks, chiefly a sense of progression in character and itemization progression. In the current phase that progression still exists. Layering a second progression can exacerbate player separation issues, especially when there is a lot of variance in the Champion System introduction. This phased-in approach is good for the game, but with dual progression post-50, it means we have to be even more careful when making changes.

2. The system should give more value for each point spent than originally conceived.

A second thing we learned is that each Champion Point needs to have more impact on the stats it is altering than originally planned. This came up frequently in our internal feedback sessions. Responding to that feedback, we decreased the number of overall points in the system (14,400 to 3,600), but kept the range of what they could alter the same. Because each point is more valuable there are less points overall in the system. Thus we can’t give out as many points with the introduction of the system as originally believed.

3. The system has to account for relative power values of the game.

We had to start narrowing down on the variables for our content in the game. Because we are changing many of the abilities and base factors in the gameplay, we needed to start with less of a variance in player power to achieve a good introduction of the system. Or more simply, the more points we give out now, the harder it is to find a good place between various balance points: PvP, overland content, Veteran Content, Craglorn, Dungeons, Trials, etc…

4. The system shouldn’t separate players more.

This is pretty self-explanatory, and is related to the first point. While the system is meant to have built in safeguards against players pulling away from each other too dramatically – those systems aren’t in currently. A 1-to-1 XP conversion to Champion XP was too dramatic.

Also, when phase 3 of the Champion System goes live with Update 6, all accounts that have at least one Veteran Rank character on them will automatically receive 30 Champion Points. These 30 Champion Points, though applied to your account, are distributed in full to each individual character on your account, just as Champion Points you earn are. So, if you have 5 characters, at least one of which is Veteran Rank 1 or higher, all five of those characters will have 30 CP to spend. You will not be awarded more Champion Points for having five Veteran Characters versus just one. You will also be able to begin earning Champion Points on any Veteran Rank character from that point forward.

We feel confident that our current solution is better for the enjoyment of the game overall than our originally announced design. This comes from weeks of testing the system. While iterating on solutions and changing the design is a normal and necessary part of the game making process, we definitely understand how changes to a system like this can be frustrating and seem to come from nowhere.

That said, we’re going to continue to be open about our plans and designs for the future of ESO. While a change in development like this can be frustrating, it isn’t a reason for us to not communicate. We never intend to mislead, but sometimes even our best ideas just don’t work out once they get into the game. We feel the Champion System is still going to be a fun way for you to keep customizing your character to suit your tastes and specializing in ways that make you unique. We’re looking forward to you giving it a trial run on the PTS, and sending us your feedback.

Just announce you will give 5 CP per vet rank and all of this will go away. Unless you are planning on using us as guinea pigs instead of hiring real testers.
    Options
  • EQBallzz
    EQBallzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They don't seem to care.
    Options
  • badmojo0777b14_ESO
    badmojo0777b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    this isn't about the 30 points being enough for a VR14, this isn't about 30 points for a brand new Vr1, this isnt even about the supposed tracking of our gained xp we were told by MariaAliprando. this all boils down to the fact that VR14s with all of their progression being treated exactly like a brand new VR1 come time for the roll back. what genius decided that giving every VR toon 30 points was going to go over well? we are talking months of progression since Vr1, we are not equal, BY A LONG SHOT. if a VR14 gets 30 points how in the hell do you justify giving a vr1 the exact same. its unacceptable, its LAZY and most serious players will not tolerate it
    Options
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this isn't about the 30 points being enough for a VR14, this isn't about 30 points for a brand new Vr1, this isnt even about the supposed tracking of our gained xp we were told by MariaAliprando. this all boils down to the fact that VR14s with all of their progression being treated exactly like a brand new VR1 come time for the roll back. what genius decided that giving every VR toon 30 points was going to go over well? we are talking months of progression since Vr1, we are not equal, BY A LONG SHOT. if a VR14 gets 30 points how in the hell do you justify giving a vr1 the exact same. its unacceptable, its LAZY and most serious players will not tolerate it

Come on mate, it is just 13,000,000 exp. That is nothing, isn't it? We can get it in an hour farming.

Yeah, right.

p.s. Liked my signature? Please copy it!
    Options
  • Nightreaver
    Nightreaver
    ✭✭✭✭
    One thing I never understood.
    How is that the same people that were able to go from level 1 to VR1 in 20 hours take 8 months to go from VR1 to VR14?
    If they ever create a Legendary recipe it better contain bacon as one of the ingredients. I'm just sayin'.
    Options
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aoife32001 wrote: »
    Of course, if the system was released as originally intended and the result was massively unbalanced gameplay, everyone would be b----ing too.

The 13,000,000 exp needed to go from vr1 to vr14 translates into 52 champion points. If 52 of 3600 points is enough to make the game absurdly imbalanced, then there is something seriously wrong with the system.
    Options
  • m12d12_ESO
    m12d12_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I have worked hard on my characters to develop them - I don't really want to be equal to lower levels. I have earned with countless hours what I have. I don't like the champion system to be honest. I want to enjoy my toons - give me better smoother content with more things to experience - I don't want my game "uprooted" all the time with new character changes. Elder Scrolls Line was successful on the consoles - is because it was comfortable to play. We had a whole world to roam in and guests and the mods made it better... This game is changing that SKYRIM - ELDER SCROLLS FEEL with some of these changes --- Stay close to the base of this game - Skyrim ALSO- I want more single person content - I don't like the experience of always have to organize with a random group to get something simple done. I am tired of all the group content - I want to enjoy my game not power thru every thing.
    - -DEVS PLease Read--

-
    Accts
    mdzone5 cp 1051
    fragtaster cp 684
    lilly65 cp 652
    Almalexia 212
    Options
  • Akhratos
    Akhratos
    ✭✭✭✭
    One thing I never understood.
    How is that the same people that were able to go from level 1 to VR1 in 20 hours take 8 months to go from VR1 to VR14?

Maybe because they started playing less and less the content to get to VR14, decided to pvp, roam around, achievement hunting...

I started Silver/Gold right after ending the main storyline and every alliance took me about the same time than the original one. It was harder (I completed it before all the nerfs) but you dont have to do Coldharbour, you already have a horse most probably, and you know the mechanics of the pve (or you should).

Id say it took me about 5-6 hours per zone of Silver/Gold content. Definitely, not 8 months.
    Options
This discussion has been closed.