Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

ESO Live - Ask Us Anything!

• Geemarc
    Geemarc
    ✭✭✭
    Will you ever make available a console to PC account port?

Id like to be able to communicate and play the end game PvE content and that is not possible for me on the console with the broken LFG system and the lack of text chat.
    Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please
    Zanefold wrote: »
    Question, during the last eso live twitch feed there was several posts and questions being asked reguarding text chat being added to console. Someone was nice enough to answer us with the following response:

ZOS_Jessica_Folsom: For those asking about text chat on console, we do see all the requests for it (on our forums, social media channels, reddit, etc.), but we don't have anything new to share about the topic.

So let me ask this because I'm not sure.. it states that you don't have anything new to share.. so what was the last bit of information that was shared about text chat then? Was it that there will not be any text chat for console of was there something else that was mentioned?

Thank you for your time.

Hi Zanefold,

I didn't see where anyone responded to you comments.
    In my signature there are two different ESO Live episodes which will address your question.

If someone already shared this...cool but I thought to share as it was not seen.
    ...check out ESO Live 4-24-15 around 1:22:00
    ...check out ESO Live 6-4-15 around 52:00
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on 9 September 2015 15:54
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
    Options
  • SnowmanDK
    SnowmanDK
    ✭✭✭
    Will the PC clients ever be optimized properly?
    I use Windows 10 Pro 64bit on an 8-core pc with an AMD HD7970, 16GB ram and everything running from SSDs.
    When I run ESO the cpu load is at ~25% and the GPU at ~45%, yet my fps is only about 22 in PvE.
    I would really love proper DX12 support as well as a 64bit client.
    Edited by SnowmanDK on 9 September 2015 16:51
    Ebonheart Pact: Titiani - Templar
    Ebonheart Pact: Xsnowman - Crafter
    Options
  • puffy99
    puffy99
    ✭✭✭
    Who decides on what Nerfs everyone gets and can I talk to the moron that thinks Magika DK's are on equal footing?

Thanks Z!
    Options
  • robkrush
    robkrush
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zanefold wrote: »
    Question, during the last eso live twitch feed there was several posts and questions being asked reguarding text chat being added to console. Someone was nice enough to answer us with the following response:

ZOS_Jessica_Folsom: For those asking about text chat on console, we do see all the requests for it (on our forums, social media channels, reddit, etc.), but we don't have anything new to share about the topic.

So let me ask this because I'm not sure.. it states that you don't have anything new to share.. so what was the last bit of information that was shared about text chat then? Was it that there will not be any text chat for console of was there something else that was mentioned?

Thank you for your time.

The most recent info we have from ZOS about text chat comes from a Reddit AMA on 6/11/15.

"Is it possible we could have a text chat? Yes. Will we? I don’t think we can safely say one way or another."

Just before that they explained their reasoning.

"Text chat wasn’t added to the consoles because of a number of factors. First, many of our early tests demonstrated what we already knew: it can be cumbersome to type in a text chat with a controller, especially when time counts. This is why we decided to make sure VOIP was integrated into the game from the beginning and why we added our quick chat feature. Second, displaying text for an environment such as couch and TV requires larger fonts. Having small, almost unreadable text is very problematic. A chat window, typical on a PC, just doesn’t translate as well to a living room environment. Having a chat window that was useful, as in legible, meant it was so big it was covering up lots of other elements. These and a few other factors meant we concentrated more on VOIP and Quick Chat. They were the most reliable and best means of communication in the living room environment. "

To my way of thinking they messed up by not adding text chat while simultaneously doing a great thing by adding voice. It's become painfully clear now text chat is needed for mass communication and voice is needed for instant communication in small groups.

The original source for this info is here:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/39gv5r/the_elder_scroll_online_tamriel_unlimited_team
    Edited by robkrush on 9 September 2015 20:44
    PS4-NA-DC
    PSN: robkrush

The game's central concept of "PvP in PvP areas and be safe in safe areas" needs to stay the way it is.
    ZOS, 1-12-2016
    Options
  • BigM
    BigM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys know in console beta they had text chat in it right? So it is still in the code they just need to activate it. Of course they would also have to update it and make some major coding to it. But am sure it could be done pretty quick.
    “The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking
    Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BigM wrote: »
    You guys know in console beta they had text chat in it right? So it is still in the code they just need to activate it. Of course they would also have to update it and make some major coding to it. But am sure it could be done pretty quick.

I was in console closed beta on Xbox one and I'm 100% sure it didn't have text chat. See my vids on Xbox about TESO beta

I'm sure you mean well buts let's be really careful not to share miss information.
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on 9 September 2015 22:18
    Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find it cumbersome to type messages on PC when time counts... can we get voice chat?
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
    Options
  • Apokh
    Apokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey @ZOS,

you had this handsome Art guy in your show several times showing concept arts, models and how it get´s alive in Tamriel.
    I (and several other guys from the community) wondered, whether or not we´ll see a collection of artworks, models, assets (faction banners for instance), icons in a "Fansite Kit".

See we guys build websites for our guilds. I guess these guilds make a vast part of the publicity for TESO, so please support us for our (priceless) support. Atm it is just horrible to find ...lets say a clean aldmeri banner, some monster PNGs etc. the only thing left is to cut it out from screenshots or arworks, too often with....unsatisfying result.

Best regards
    Apokh
    Edited by Apokh on 10 September 2015 06:36
    Legenden
    Play@Feierabend mit der legendärsten Feierabendgilde.
    Besuch uns.
    Es ist besser zu schweigen und alle glauben zu lassen, man sei dumm, als den Mund aufzumachen und alle Zweifel zu beseitigen.
    Options
  • BigM
    BigM
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I was in console closed beta on Xbox one and I'm 100% sure it didn't have text chat. See my vids on Xbox about TESO beta

I'm sure you mean well buts let's be really careful not to share miss information.

That is weird I so remember a utube video that showed an early console beta that had text chat. But now i can't find it. Maybe am getting it mixed up with an early PC beta video.
    “The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking
    Options
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It has been brought to the attention in forums that there still is some broken armor sets like the phoenix set in game, any plans to fix these broken sets soon ? I hope we don't have to wait until the next big update months away to get these fixes in game, the longer broken mechanics stay the game it starts to become part of the regular game and the fix is harder to swallow for some players after it being in game for such a long time. Example Nirnhorn, armor penetration.

Thanks
    Edited by kevlarto_ESO on 10 September 2015 15:46
    Options
  • imnotanother
    imnotanother
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there any plan on adding a "Reply" option in the MAIL UI? It would save so much more time then having to look for the player in your guild/friend roster or typing their name in the search.
    PS4: NA - AD PSN: imnotanother (Artell Lyeselle)
    Stamina NightBlade 810+ CP - PvP/Trials/Dungeon Ready
    Options
  • imnotanother
    imnotanother
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does ZoS plan on making 'like-items" able to stack in the guild bank, if deposited by different members?
    PS4: NA - AD PSN: imnotanother (Artell Lyeselle)
    Stamina NightBlade 810+ CP - PvP/Trials/Dungeon Ready
    Options
  • SturgeHammer
    SturgeHammer
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno, the recent battle spirit damage reduction increase in combination with battle leveling has made fights in Blackwater Blade last for extremely long amounts of time. I don't think non-vet pvp ever had wide spread issues with fight duration up to this point. Are there any plans to adjust the mitigation or battle level system to alleviate this?
    First-in-Line - Swings-for-Lethal
    Green-Thumb - Scale-Factor
    Hist-Tree-Major - A-Late-One
    Needs-Some-Help - Dead-Last
    Options
  • BigM
    BigM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well found this from back in June 11, 2015 and it answers a lot of questions and yes text chat in consoles. The way it is stated you can see they tried to add it but they say it just didn't work. Funny I missed this and it is a good read.

ESO: Zenimax Answers Console Questions

Maybe we can finally bury the text chat in consoles once and for all.
    Edited by BigM on 10 September 2015 16:25
    ― Stephen Hawking
    Options
  • randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    Since glass armor is made from Malachite, I like know what the windows of the homes of Tamriel are made from? After all Malachite is good enough for armor, so it should in principle make for stronger windows than typical glass ones...
    the NeXus Guild (NA-DC-Crafters) contact @randolphbenoit - Currently Allies to Fairy Tail of Tamriel (Social) and Brave Kore (DC PvP). https://twitter.com/randolphbenoit

Saltrice - (Salt tolerant rice) Saltrice, pronounced just like it looks is, in fact, a kind of rice that can grow in paddies of either fresh or brackish water.
    Options
  • dudenamedchris
    Will guards ever be killable?
    Options
  • randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can ZOS address the issue of when interacting with a NPC (merchant, trader or banker) to keep them from moving until transaction is complete. It maybe boring for the Npc to wait for someone to sort of their bank space or take a long time to decide what to buy, but they not have to be rude about it...
    the NeXus Guild (NA-DC-Crafters) contact @randolphbenoit - Currently Allies to Fairy Tail of Tamriel (Social) and Brave Kore (DC PvP). https://twitter.com/randolphbenoit

Saltrice - (Salt tolerant rice) Saltrice, pronounced just like it looks is, in fact, a kind of rice that can grow in paddies of either fresh or brackish water.
    Options
  • Ghrimn
    Ghrimn
    ✭✭✭
    @randolphbenoit
    Malachite is a rare, volcanic, semi-translucent crystal. It bears no relation to the common, brittle glass used in windows and ornaments. I also doubt anyone would want bluish green/green non-transparent windows on their homes.
    Options
  • randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ghrimn wrote: »
    @randolphbenoit
    .... I also doubt anyone would want bluish green/green non-transparent windows on their homes.

I would...

Options
  • Mickey_Ox
    Mickey_Ox
    ✭✭✭✭
    When will we see text chat added to consoles or will we see text chat removed from pc when they get voip?? We all paid the same money for the same game after all
    Ever Tried, Ever Failed,
    No Matter.
    Try again, Fail again,
    Fail Better
    Options
  • Ghrimn
    Ghrimn
    ✭✭✭
    @randolphbenoit
    RGdSvlr.jpgSure...
    Edited by Ghrimn on 10 September 2015 20:25
    Options
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So here is a question regarding in-game behavior Zenimax:

Do you consider it an offense that could even be bannable if done too much to teabag other players? It is after all a form of online sexual harrassment.
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
    Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That is weird I so remember a utube video that showed an early console beta that had text chat. But now i can't find it. Maybe am getting it mixed up with an early PC beta video.

It was a video on YouTube. You're correct but ...short story...it was inaccurate
    Options
  • Solace of Shadows
    New Creations For Crafters With The Integration Of Housing?

I would like to know if there has been any discussion about expanding crafting with the use of player housing. Would Woodworkers be able to craft their own furniture? Would Clothiers be able to craft tapestries, rugs or curtains? Will Blacksmiths be able to create display cases for rare weapons and trophy's.

Would we have options for different racial motifs to make our home "our home"? Would crafting levels be involved (Rough Table vs Artisan Table)?

Also, if player housing is in our future, will Guildhalls that allow guilds to have a base of operations for their players; to meet and talk and plan also be possible in the future?

Thank you for your attention.
    Solace In Shadows is my name in the realm of Tamriel. If you disagree with my words or disparage my sentiments, then face me on the battlefield and you can kiss my axe.
    Options
  • Solace of Shadows
    If I'm a level twenty nine solo player in a level forty zone...

Why is it when I complete level "Red" quests am I not receiving the proper amount of experience?
    It almost seems as if I receive less experience than if I completed "Green" quests. I do not understand the reasons behind this.

Please explain.
    Solace In Shadows is my name in the realm of Tamriel. If you disagree with my words or disparage my sentiments, then face me on the battlefield and you can kiss my axe.
    Options
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Will Orsinium contain harvesting nodes for the new tier of crafting materials (wood/cloth/ore/runestones/solvents) for VR15-16 crafted items? Or are these going to remain IC only?
    Options
  • BigM
    BigM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will city guards be killable ?

Just wondering has anyone tried taking guards out with a large group?
    ― Stephen Hawking
    Options
  • Ace_of_Destiny
    Ace_of_Destiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will city guards be killable ?

You really don't have to ask the same question every 7 hours.

I think that might be considered "spamming".
    EQUALIZE ALL PLATFORMS!
    IF ONE HAS IT...ALL SHOULD HAVE IT!
    !

)==================================================(
    ~MegaServer~>PS4 (NA) ~PSN~>Ace-of-Destiny
    )===================================================(
    I don't care what platform it is on...an MMORPG without Text Chat is NOT an MMORPG!
    Options
  • keonimeyer
    I know this isn't the thread to say this, but certain guards are MEANT to be unkillable, that's the challenge of stealing in this game getting away from them without dying and of course just don't get caught stealing. That's why it's useful having that NPC who pays off your bounty in the hideouts, so the next time you go back to that town the guards won't automatically try to kill you. If we made them killable, what's the point in sneaking if you can just kill every guard there was.
    Options
This discussion has been closed.