Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

ESO Live - Ask Us Anything!

• Dedhed
    Dedhed
    ✭✭✭
    Any plans on making Outlaw Refuges more lively?
    Edited by Dedhed on 12 June 2015 16:10
    "This is like talking to breakfast cereal" -- Fredericks in Otherland talking about Wicked Tribe. Also a great description of zone chat.
  • bear2015
    bear2015
    Soul Shriven
    I would like to know if the dev team could look into allowing grouped players who are working on the same quests to do them together.

This is a MMO and grouping in MMOs are expected and letting players choose to do quests with family or friends should be encouraged i would think. Occasionally my wife and I are forced into two different instances for a solo mission. Our playstyles are such that we compliment each other, and being forced into separate instances isnt something that we enjoy as much.

We understand that the main story quests probably are not going to be a doable thing. However the side story quests I would think could be done as a group instead of separate instances.

Our characters are only 22 as of right now, so I am not sure how many more side story quests are going to put us into separate instances. And perhaps there isnt really enough of them to matter about changing the system. But so far in our travels and adventuring, the least fun quests are the ones where we are separated and can not help each other during the quest.

Thanks for listening

• Leggi
    Leggi
    ✭✭✭
    What have you done with the stability? Why there are so many added lags, added bugs and stability issues? Why can't I login sometimes for an hour, getting error 1 again and again?
    That's not my issue, and there are a lot of people having same troubles.

Will this game at once be stable?
  • keonimeyer
    Will there be another chance to transport your character from pc to consoles in the near future? I personally missed it because even though I qualified to do the transfer, the month time period you gave people in order to buy the transfers was a busy month for me at work thus I missed it.
    Edited by keonimeyer on 5 June 2015 16:47
  • Zlater
    Zlater
    ✭✭✭
    I have a couple of questions that I've wondered for a while.

Currently the Khajiit race provides the most inferior racial passives, they are great for a PvP-Centric stamina nightblade. I think I recall you saying that there might be a couple of changes to come, if not could you please provide a change as soon as you can?

Whenever a sale is made in the guild store the sales tax (not the listing tax) is always rounded down. Have I observed it correctly? We think we are paying taxes on sales to a guild for their services, but infact they are disappearing into math? Could we make the guild bank gold and taxes paid an invisible decimal, and have it "report" a rounded (down) figure to 1g?

Thanks for any or both answers in advance :D
    Ask for an invite to the greatest network of guilds ever. Redfur Trading, Redfur Exchange and Redfur Army!

www.redfurconnect.com
  • carlmcse
    carlmcse
    A couple of questions for the console launch.

1. If PC users transfer their characters to the PS4 for example. Will they be at level 1 like everyone else?
    2. How much will the crown store cost on the console?

That's it for now.

Thanks.
  • randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love that you can take or steal rabbits of a wall. Will there be day we can take fish from drying rakes or pick apples from a tree (vs a basket of apples)?
    the NeXus Guild (NA-DC-Crafters) contact @randolphbenoit - Currently Allies to Fairy Tail of Tamriel (Social) and Brave Kore (DC PvP). https://twitter.com/randolphbenoit

Saltrice - (Salt tolerant rice) Saltrice, pronounced just like it looks is, in fact, a kind of rice that can grow in paddies of either fresh or brackish water.
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hello guys @ZoS question. It's no secret that you guys are in the works of removing the vet ranks. So my question is what would the level be at after they are removed cause I have heard rumors that it's gonna be 50. I don't see how that can do any good cause what would happen to the stats and points we earned while leveling up from v1 to v14. Will the cap be 81 like in skyrim pre legendary patch or just say 100. Please hurry with a responce so it can give some ease to some friends of mine who are freaking out over this.
  • Bars
    Bars
    ✭✭✭
    LOL why have ESO live AMA , its BS we know it so do you so ?
  • Swordid
    Swordid
    When can PC launch day customers, who missed the ridiculously short copy/purchase window for consoles, be able to actually redeem what they were promised last year and "easily" obtain a copy of the PS4 version and copy their characters over? A lot of us either were never informed or simply didn't rush to perform the copy, and now are stuck wondering what the hell just happened? I have friends who are asking me about ESO, and are on the fence to buy the console version, and now I kinda just feel like saying "pass on it" and skipping it myself after finding out instead of getting the easy purchase/copy talked about last year, I am getting a fire sale with poor communication that is now over.

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news/post/2014/05/08/eso-on-consoles--update

Wish I had been given the opportunity....as I never received this supposed email.
    Edited by Swordid on 6 June 2015 05:33
  • Nighn_9
    Nighn_9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does the crafted set "Torug's Pact" increase the enchantment effect of the "Master Weapons" that are received from Dragonstar Arena?
    NA / PC
    November Beta 2013
    WEBSITE LINK MY TWITCH
    WEBSITE LINK MY YOUTUBE
  • Nighn_9
    Nighn_9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will we ever be able to use dual-wield two-handed greatswords or dual-wield staffs? That would be awesome !
    NA / PC
    November Beta 2013
    WEBSITE LINK MY TWITCH
    WEBSITE LINK MY YOUTUBE
  • Nighn_9
    Nighn_9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will it ever be possible to run from one zone to another without a loading screen?
    NA / PC
    November Beta 2013
    WEBSITE LINK MY TWITCH
    WEBSITE LINK MY YOUTUBE
  • Nighn_9
    Nighn_9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember it being suggested and the system is already in place for the crown store items, but I'm wondering if the "Click to preview" idea for armors/weapons is still being considered? With that being said, will we be able to preview "color dye's" that we have not unlocked yet?
    NA / PC
    November Beta 2013
    WEBSITE LINK MY TWITCH
    WEBSITE LINK MY YOUTUBE
  • Nighn_9
    Nighn_9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will there be future crown store specific armor/weapon sets?
    NA / PC
    November Beta 2013
    WEBSITE LINK MY TWITCH
    WEBSITE LINK MY YOUTUBE
  • keonimeyer
    Will there be a class in the future that allows you to use "one with nature" types of abilities such as taming wildlife to fight alongside you or even summoning spriggans, I would love to go into pvp having a mammoth fighting alongside me ;)
    Edited by keonimeyer on 6 June 2015 10:51
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    carlmcse wrote: »

1. If PC users transfer their characters to the PS4 for example. Will they be at level 1 like everyone else?

That's it for now.

Thanks.
    @carlmcse Transferred characters will retain all progression they had earned on PC. I am expecting Crowns to cost the same on console as they do on PC.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the large update that is coming will there be anything to address the insane time to kill in pvp? Any thing to stop the one shot killing which is ruining a lot of peoples fun and keeping some of my friends out of PvP I would love to be adle to have more of my friends in pvp, at the moment I feel like I am playing a first person shooter as opposed to mmo combat.

Thanks enjoy the show.
  • lachlannlindsayrwb17_ESO
    Hi ESO team

My question is about your implementation of new gear or new items e.g. recipes, crafting stuff, etc etc
    Do you prefer to announce this stuff with the patch notes or would you "stealth" add them in game and see the playerbase reaction when it is found out? I do not think this will work for new gear but would be cool if a new recipe is added without prior announcement.
    Cheers
  • Nighn_9
    Nighn_9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will we ever be able to see both of our equipped weapons sheathed on our characters? For example, a 2h sword and bow quiver on my back (similar to skyrim) or a 2h sword and staff on my back and when i unsheathe one, the other remains on my back? Either way i think this would be an awesome idea :)
    NA / PC
    November Beta 2013
    WEBSITE LINK MY TWITCH
    WEBSITE LINK MY YOUTUBE
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    East march appears to be far too east on the world map. When considering the location of Skuldafn in Eastmarch:
    600px-EsoSkuldafnWayshrineMap.jpg
    And Eastmarch's location on the world map of ESO
    Eastmarch-small.jpg
    It appears that there is a bay directly to the north of Skuldafn. The issue is, Skuldafn doesn't have a bay directly to the north, it has mountains.
    Skuldafn.jpg
    and where is Blacklight? Looking at the map of Tamriel that came with the Elder Scrolls Anthology we see that Blacklight is to the Northeast of the Velothi Mountains on the northern shore of the western-most province of Morrowind in the Velothis District (if that's what it's even called).
    anthology%20map.jpg
    Using that same map, overlaying the ESO zones, we see that there is a whole landmass between Eastmarch to the north and to the east that just seems to me missing in ESO.
    dXJKIPs.jpg?1
    Concerning the area to the east, where Blackight should be, is ESO going to consider Blacklight to be south of Skuldafn in the unrealased zone?
    GnoqpEr.png?1
    It seems that Blacklight should be about where Skuldafn is and Skuldafn, along with the Velothi mountains, should be further west. This is further supported by overlaying the ESO Zones of East March and The Rift over the Skyrim Map.
    i2AuNqL.jpg?1
    This map also supports the province of Winterhold being to the north of Eastmarch. So Eastmarch not only seems to be too far east, but too far north.

Is there an explanation for this?

Or perhaps this is a videogame and I shouldn't be nit-picking it so much. :wink:

Please note: This doesn't have to be read in it's entirety... just a summary of the question and an explanation would be more than sufficient.
    Edited by Gidorick on 7 June 2015 19:08
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • carlmcse
    carlmcse
    Enodoc wrote: »

That's it for now.

Thanks.
    @carlmcse Transferred characters will retain all progression they had earned on PC. I am expecting Crowns to cost the same on console as they do on PC.

That's a shame so console newbies will be probably left behind and slaughtered on there by level 50 PC users. Personally thinks it's the worst idea they could have done, although I liked the Beta I unfortunately cancelled my purchase of ESO due to the transfer from PC. Don't see why they should be able to do that. Fair enough for a discount but to transfer characters will make the game for the console users **** thanks for the answer, when I told the 16 other players about this they also agreed to cancel their purchase of ESO lol. I guess the issue of this impacted their purchase as well. Hope you all enjoy the game but cannot justify my purchase anymore for this although it was good I am a fan of equality and a fair gaming system and cannot see how this can be justified as a fair gaming system.
  • rmatthendrick
    rmatthendrick
    ✭✭

That's it for now.

Thanks.

That's a shame so console newbies will be probably left behind and slaughtered on there by level 50 PC users. Personally thinks it's the worst idea they could have done, although I liked the Beta I unfortunately cancelled my purchase of ESO due to the transfer from PC. Don't see why they should be able to do that. Fair enough for a discount but to transfer characters will make the game for the console users **** thanks for the answer, when I told the 16 other players about this they also agreed to cancel their purchase of ESO lol. I guess the issue of this impacted their purchase as well. Hope you all enjoy the game but cannot justify my purchase anymore for this although it was good I am a fan of equality and a fair gaming system and cannot see how this can be justified as a fair gaming system.

Umm, for starters, lower level characters get a buff in PvP maps, so there isn't that large of an advantage. Also, thinking that the loyal players of ESO should have to start fresh or wait and give the new players some time to catch up is just ridiculous. ESO on PC is getting new players all the time without issue. The game is designed with bringing new players (new customers) in all the time. I've played my ass off getting my character to where it is and I bought the game intending to transfer it the moment I could. I shouldn't be penalized for being among the players who have been playing since day one. In fact, we probably should've got early access for sticking with the game through all the changes from the original buggy (and not as fleshed out) game. However, we have to wait longer than all the fresh pre-ordered players to even download it. Which, by the way means, many of the new players will have a head start on playing the game.
    Edited by rmatthendrick on 8 June 2015 11:20
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eyevea and the Earth Forge both have wayshrines. Why is it not possible to use the wayshrine system to fast travel into them (once their associated storylines are complete)? Is this something we may see in the future?

Edit: While we're on wayshrines...
    Would you consider adding a wayshrine access point to the inside of the Harborage? It's currently possible to get to the Harborage via wayshrine, but not to get out again, which seems like a strange setup. Having a wayshrine in the Harborage would alleviate the cost (of paid recall) or time (of walking to the city) required to get back to your questing zone once a Main Quest chapter is complete.

Evermore currently has two wayshrines, the northern one of which is completely useless. The eastern one is better placed for everything in the city, while the northern one is the release point if you die in Silaseli or Murcien's Hamlet, meaning you have to fight through Northglen or swim the Bjoulsae to get back to where you were. Would you consider moving the northern Evermore Wayshrine to the road between Blackheart Haven and Murcien's Hamlet? This new "Murcien's Hamlet Wayshrine" would be in prime location for groups looking to run the Blackheart dungeon, as well as being a more useful spawn point for anyone who dies in Murcien's Hamlet.
    Edited by Enodoc on 8 June 2015 12:57
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »
    <Can you address the discrepancy over the Blacklight/Velothi Mountains/Skuldafn area on the ESO in-game map when compared to the TES Anthology map?>
    @Gidorick: I paraphrased your question for my quote. I hope you don't mind :)

To ZOS, as an extension/alternative to Gidorick's question: Are you planning to update the in-game map so that it more appropriately represents the shape of the landforms in the Eastmarch/Velothi area? It doesn't match the online map, which has already has this problem fixed.
    Something else to note is that their own maps don't match each other. They mostly "fixed" the online map with regards to where Blacklight should be, but never followed through with it for the in-game map.
    ON-map-Regions_%28labelled%29.jpg
    ON-map-Tamriel_02.jpg

To fix the in-game map, all they really need to do is redraw the area of Eastmarch and move things around a bit so they still fit. (Those "things" being Bleakrock, Solstheim and the Velothi and Vvardenfell coastlines.)

Maintaining most of the shapes of the existing in-game map, here is what I think it should look like with the correct coastline:
    User-Enodoc-ESO_Eastmarch_and_Velothi.jpg
    Edit: @Ghrimn 's changes to my map are more accurate:
    Ghrimn wrote: »
    MIMdCbX.jpg
    Edited by Enodoc on 8 June 2015 13:03
  • carlmcse
    carlmcse
    The point I am making is that if we would have known this in the first place we would have probably of bought the PC version as well. Still don't justify it being fair one bit. It's great for you of course, but junk for new starters.
  • randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    If 'Molag Grunda' is daughter of 'Molag Bal' does that mean 'Molag' is a Daedric Price equivalent of a family name?
    the NeXus Guild (NA-DC-Crafters) contact @randolphbenoit - Currently Allies to Fairy Tail of Tamriel (Social) and Brave Kore (DC PvP). https://twitter.com/randolphbenoit

Saltrice - (Salt tolerant rice) Saltrice, pronounced just like it looks is, in fact, a kind of rice that can grow in paddies of either fresh or brackish water.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If 'Molag Grunda' is daughter of 'Molag Bal' does that mean 'Molag' is a Daedric Price equivalent of a family name?
    Trivia: Molag is Old Aldmeris (or possibly Ehlnofex) for Fire.
  • randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Enodoc o.O that is something I did not know, thx.

• Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trivia: Molag is Old Aldmeris (or possibly Ehlnofex) for Fire.

And his realm is called Coldharbour. Lol.
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
This discussion has been closed.