Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Patch v1.5.3 Partially Applied to the NA megaserver

• Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xaraan wrote: »
    @ZOS_KaiSchober , For people who turned in pledges expecting the increase in Undaunted exp, will we see an adjustment in our exp or is that lost?
    Sorry, we won't be able to retroactively award the difference between today's intended reputation gain for handing in silver and gold pledges and the effective gain.

Until the fix is actually live, the admiration of other Undaunted members is the only additional reward.

What gain? I did a silver and gold turn in and went from 155 to 160 to 165 - so still getting 5 points per turn in.
    Intended gain. The gain didn't make it into the patch so the rep is still the same right now.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • uso245
    uso245
    ✭✭✭
    seanvwolf wrote: »
    PSLAnimal wrote: »
    Uh huh. Since this is a progress ending problem - as in anyone doing Reaper's March is just plain stopped dead in their tracks - I sure hope this is being prioritized.

Actually, no. This didn't stop me dead in my tracks... you can go around Grimwatch and not complete this quest and do everything else. I'm in Coldharbor now, so your statement is patently false.

He is talking about Daggerfall Covenant, my main is a v10 Templar and I can not go to the EP zone because Caldwell's Silver requires Grimwatch.
    My Facebook Page
    My Youtube Channel
    (DC NA Megaserver) Beta Tester
    My Twitter
    Art of Death
    Fate Stay Night

Member since February 2014
    l
    Strategist/Tactician
  • calibum2662b14_ESO
    Text based MMO's were in full swing by the late 70's/early 80's, if you're not old enough to remember them, you might want to do a little research before expressing your disbelief that online gaming has been around a long time.
  • Robocles
    Robocles
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a programmer, I see these types of things to be relatively par for the course with respect to how a patch runs on an unknown machine.

The game is playable, and I like how ZOS_KaiSchober tries to respond in character..

I'm glad you've never worked in any of my development groups.

Edit: And, while I do think some of it witty, he's not roleplaying, he's doing a job.
    Edited by Robocles on 11 November 2014 20:16
  • Erlex
    Erlex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sigh... I mean really ZoS? Correct me if I am wrong on the following sequence of events...

1: Create a patch to make leveling easier with Veteran levels through XP
    2: Break XP with patch
    3: Create a patch to fix XP
    4: Fail to fix XP
    [Bonus]4.5: Create a whole new problem with leveling through XP
    5: Creating patch to fix XP
    6: ????

Seriously?
    Edited by Erlex on 11 November 2014 20:29
    World First Hel Ra / AA clear
    Officer of Entropy Rising
    Defender of the Chalamo
    Beta tester since March 2013
    I stream everything twitch.tv/erlexx
  • stevepdodson_ESO888
    stevepdodson_ESO888
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Erlex wrote: »
    Sigh... I mean really ZoS? Correct me if I am wrong on the following sequence of events...

1: Create a patch to make leveling easier with Veteran levels through XP
    2: Break XP with patch
    3: Create a patch to fix XP
    4: Fail to fix XP
    [Bonus]4.5: Create a whole new problem with leveling through XP
    5: Creating patch to fix XP
    6: ????

Seriously?

7. Apply patch incorrectly to EU at weekend and causing game not to load
    8. Apply patch to EU server to rollback the patch
    9. Apply patch to NA and EU on Monday
    10. Find out that patch is once again applied incorrectly
    11. Patch did not fix XP issues only give a fix to /leanbackcoin
    12. ???
  • gibous
    gibous
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe I'm missing something - is there a place that says when the rest of the 1.5.3 patch will be implemented?
    Reddington James — Magsorc & Magplar (NA PC)
  • diabeticDemon18
    diabeticDemon18
    ✭✭✭
    • Fixed an issue that could prevent items from being tracked correctly during some crafting writ quests.

Are you sure about this one? Many people still aren't getting credit for the items in the Alchemy writs.

These are the ones coming in tonight...
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gibous wrote: »
    Maybe I'm missing something - is there a place that says when the rest of the 1.5.3 patch will be implemented?
    @gibous‌ Supposedly Thursday. It's in this thread.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • SteveCampsOut
    SteveCampsOut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Suntzu1414 wrote: »
    Bug report menu ...BUG

I have reported multiple times that MAC users are unable to report --bugs.
    The menu interface is --unusable (and utilizing /bug from chat also..doesn't work). This has happened after installing Yosemite (on MacBook Pro - 2014).

please advise if there is a fix coming...
    The menu was intentionally made to be simplistic remember? it's not lazy, it's a matter of design aesthetics...

Pardon my ignorance, but what has Aesthetics got to do with Functionality in this instance? It's not working for those people. I don't think they give a hoot about it's looks!
    @ֆȶɛʋɛƈǟʍքֆօʊȶ ʀʋʟɨʄɛ⍟
    Sanguine & Psijic Group Beta Tester.
    Steve's Craftiness Find out what I can make for you at my Google Doc Spreadsheet.
    Pacrooti's Hirelings Website:
    pacrootis.enjin.com/

NA Server:
    Steforax Soulstrong CH782 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH782 Dragonknight AD
    Rheticia Le Drakisius CH782 Nightblade DC
    Razmuzan Thrasmas CH782 Templar EP
    Sheenara Soulstrong CH782 Dragonknight DC
    Erik Ramzey CH782 Nightblade AD
    Growling Kahjiti CH782 Nightblade EP
    One of Many Faces CH782 Sorcerer DC
    Grumpasaurus Rex CH782 Warden DC
    EU Server:
    Guildmaster of Pacrooti's Hirelings AD Based LGBT Friendly Guild.
    Stefrex Souliss CH701 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH701 Dragonknight DC
    Slithisi Ksissi CH701 Nightblade EP
    Pokes-With-Fire CH701 Dragonknight AD
    Josie-The-Pussi-Cat CH701 Templar AD
    Stug-Grog M'God CH701 Templar DC
    One With Many Faces CH701 Nightblade DC
    Trixie Truskan CH701 Sorcerer EP
    Grumpetasaurus Rex CH701 Warden EP
    ESO Plus status: Canceled!
  • kelly.medleyb14_ESO
    kelly.medleyb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have patience people, WoW took years to get all the bugs out.
  • Anex
    Anex
    ✭✭✭
    Well that explains things.. and also greatly sucks. But the server is also running really weird at the moment too, so hopefully the restart that comes with trying to fix the fix helps?

Anyway, as much as it sucks.. thanks for AT LEAST letting us know! The communication moves in a better direction and it is appreciated, even when it is bad news.
    Assassination/ Dual Wield Specced Stamina-based Nightblade, because I like Hardmode apparently
    Twitter | Raptr | Twitch.TV
  • Heishi
    Heishi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow.. even /leanbackcoin isn't right. The coin just goes up and down on the screen, whether you look up, down, or wherever. Basically if you look up or down, you're flipping the coin horizontally.

Kinda makes the fact that other issues were not resolved just a bit worse really.
    And so did many brave men, women, and beast fall to the end of Beta, never to be heard from again. All that is left, is whispers of the adventures they had.
  • Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My level 35 crafter had no trouble getting to Coldharbour to turn in and collect Surveys, really only Craglorn turn ins and surveys had to be addressed.
    The Vegemite Knight

"if the skeleton kills you, your dps is too low." ~STEVIL

The Elder World of WarScrollCraft Online ~joaaocaampos
  • Dublicious
    Dublicious
    ✭✭✭
    Text based MMO's were in full swing by the late 70's/early 80's, if you're not old enough to remember them, you might want to do a little research before expressing your disbelief that online gaming has been around a long time.

^ Same thing... 100%. Definitely share more than nothing in common except that they're games played on networked computers...

A MUD could be written by some clown in his Mom's basement over a summer. A commercial MMO is a decidedly different beast. That's not to say that you shouldn't complain, but sensationalist comparisons don't really add much.
    ESO Username: @Dublicious
    Title: Splitter of Hairs

ESO Characters:

Claricea Starlinor Vet 14Sorcerer DPS -- Woodworker/Blacksmith/Clothier -- Provisioner
    Liquado Starlinor Vet 4 DK Tank, alchemist
    Some low level Templar and NB...
  • stevepdodson_ESO888
    stevepdodson_ESO888
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dublicious wrote: »

^ Same thing... 100%. Definitely share more than nothing in common except that they're games played on networked computers...

A MUD could be written by some clown in his Mom's basement over a summer. A commercial MMO is a decidedly different beast. That's not to say that you shouldn't complain, but sensationalist comparisons don't really add much.

ahhh...the youth of today...perhaps using today;s technology you could indeed write a MUD while you play with your Mum.
    However, it was written using 1970's technology...we were lucky if our machines had 32K (yes that's Kilo...not Gig) of memory and used languages such as COBOL and FORTRAN.
    Let's see you do that.

BTW - Why does your mum put you in the basement? Doesn't she let you join in with the rest of the family?
  • Robocles
    Robocles
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Argusus wrote: »
    So... quick question? When did the gaming world become a bunch of pessimistic whiners?? I've been playing online games for over 30 years, and while they have some issues that have lingered a bit too long (Server lag, client crashes, etc.), this game has only been out for 6 months, and for the most part the folks behind the game have done a very good job of identifying/fixing issues quickly. One of the better first 6 months I've seen from a game in a very long time. Relax, play the GAME, have fun, if for some reason you can't go play something else and come back later. Quit Whining!!

Preach, @calibum2662b14_ESO. I'm absolutely embarrassed by the gaming world. I understand the reasons for being frustrated by the number of bugs currently in the game, I'm frustrated too, but to act downright nasty toward the moderators just because paying a monthly sub fee makes you feel entitled (by the way, WE ALL PAY MONTHLY SUB FEES. YOU'RE NOT SPECIAL) is just baffling to me. There's a way to get your point across without acting like complete animals. If you're so hostile toward ESO and have no faith in it, then kindly unsub and find yourself a nice PTW Korean MMO with a cash shop and no monthly updates. Thanksssss! <3

That's all I saw in zone chat last night is people complaining and talking trash. Some people only have a limited Window to play video games and I assume they are frustrated to find bugs and things that prevent them from enjoying their game time.

That's a very good point @argusus, I can definitely understand the frustration there. I'm sure a lot of players are lucky to even get an hour of in-game time a night because of work (myself included). It's more so the people who are taking out whatever real-life drama they have going on by lashing out and belittling ZOS employees like they're nothing, and are somehow convinced that all of these bugs are one big conspiracy theory (a.k.a. the crazies). There's barely any constructive feedback for the moderators to read because they're all buried in pages of filthy insults.

Exactly who is saying all of these bugs are one big conspiracy theory?

And where are the pages of filthy insults? You know, if you see them, you can report them and they will be moderated. However, I've been monitoring these posts pretty closely, since, you know, I pay them to deliver a certain product.

So, please, enlighten us.
  • nalimoleb14_ESO
    nalimoleb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Robocles wrote: »

And where are the pages of filthy insults? You know, if you see them, you can report them and they will be moderated. However, I've been monitoring these posts pretty closely, since, you know, I pay them to deliver a certain product.

If what you're seriously asking me to do is list for you every instance of blatant ESO mod-bashing/paranoia I've seen so far on the forums in order to convince you (because for some reason, your opinion oh-so relevant to me) that they exist, then you must be sadly mistaken. Also, it goes to show that you're really nowhere near as attentive as you tout yourself to be. Peruse through these forums again, and you'll find your pages of insults, flaming, and yes, completely asinine claims that ESO deliberately planned to release these bugs. But, since you're feeling particularly lazy today, here's an example to get you started:
    They [ZOS] knew exactly what they were doing in patch 1.5 when they made leveling 3 times as slow in Vet zones. They lied to the player base when they said the change would make Vet leveling easier.

Golly! You're paying for ZOS to deliver a certain product? Well, I'd like to take a moment to kindly ask you to have several seats once you've stepped down from that high horse of yours, because as it turns out, we all do. It doesn't make it right to be condescending or question a moderator's intelligence/math skills, or talk down to an entire company of employees like they are nothing.

There is a very big difference between voicing your opinion about a certain update/feature/bug that you disagree with or are frustrated with because you care about the state of the game and want to see it improve (I've certainly done so myself), and just being plain disrespectful. I'm sorry, but threads like 'ESO should just shut down and give us all a refund' is not a complaint that encourages a company to do or be better, nor does it show any kind of support toward the game. Oh riiiiight, you flame ZOS because you care. Let's go with that excuse. But to answer your question - yes, there are blatant insults against ZOS in this thread alone, and no, I'm not going to point out specifics because you have eyes, and I assume you can read. But if you'd like to continue acting oblivious, then by all means, go for it. I'm flattered my comment struck a nerve enough to warrant a response from you.
    Edited by nalimoleb14_ESO on 13 November 2014 17:36
  • Robocles
    Robocles
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If what you're seriously asking me to do is list for you every instance of blatant ESO mod-bashing/paranoia I've seen so far on the forums in order to convince you (because for some reason, your opinion oh-so relevant to me) that they exist, then you must be sadly mistaken. Also, it goes to show that you're really nowhere near as attentive as you tout yourself to be. Peruse through these forums again, and you'll find your pages of insults, flaming, and yes, completely asinine claims that ESO deliberately planned to release these bugs. But, since you're feeling particularly lazy today, here's an example to get you started:
    They [ESO] knew exactly what they were doing in patch 1.5 when they made leveling 3 times as slow in Vet zones. They lied to the player base when they said the change would make Vet leveling easier.

Golly! You're paying for ZOS to deliver a certain product? Well, I'd like to take a moment to kindly ask you to have several seats once you've stepped down from that high horse of yours, because as it turns out, we all do. It doesn't make it right to be condescending or question a moderator's intelligence/math skills, or talk down to an entire company of employees like they are nothing.

There is a very big difference between voicing your opinion about a certain update/feature/bug that you disagree with or are frustrated with because you care about the state of the game and want to see it improve (I've certainly done so myself), and just being plain disrespectful. I'm sorry, but threads like 'ESO should just shut down and give us all a refund' is not a complaint that encourages a company to do or be better, nor does it show any kind of support toward the game. Oh riiiiight, you flame ZOS because you care. Let's go with that excuse. But to answer your question - yes, there are blatant insults against ZOS in this thread alone, and no, I'm not going to point out specifics because you have eyes, and I assume you can read. But if you'd like to continue acting oblivious, then by all means, go for it. I'm flattered my comment struck a nerve enough to warrant a response from you.

Thanks for not answering my question, but continuing your rant.

I'll just get some popcorn and watch then.
  • nalimoleb14_ESO
    nalimoleb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for proving that you're lazy and obviously trolling. Kay byeee!
    Edited by nalimoleb14_ESO on 13 November 2014 17:37
  • Robocles
    Robocles
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for proving that you're lazy and obviously trolling. Kay byeee!

You still didn't answer it... but thanks for sounding like a 14 year old girl and not ranting any more, that's refreshing.
  • wafcatb14_ESO
    wafcatb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Yep it`s odd , in 16 years of playing MMO`s i`ve never seen a Dev team have such a hard time finding and correcting stuff.
  • bellanca6561n
    bellanca6561n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_KaiSchober

Logged in last night to find that all that experience that had been hiding in some temporary void had indeed been applied to my main character.

As you said it would be. Forgive me for not being surprised, though, as I've learned to trust your assurances and not just in this game.

Many thanks :)
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All I know is that today,Monday,8 am,they started doing "maintenance",and when I just tried to get back into my previously just fine game,..it wouldnt work,and called for a repair.Now,I ama waiting,..and waiting,.....