Maintenance for the week of June 3:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 3, 2:00AM EDT (6:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – June 5, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – June 5, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Patch v1.5.3 Partially Applied to the NA megaserver

• wondercracka
    wondercracka
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_KaiSchober , For people who turned in pledges expecting the increase in Undaunted exp, will we see an adjustment in our exp or is that lost?
    Sorry, we won't be able to retroactively award the difference between today's intended reputation gain for handing in silver and gold pledges and the effective gain.

Until the fix is actually live, the admiration of other Undaunted members is the only additional reward.

Not a problem, I was just curious. Thank you for the response.
    Options
  • GuitarNerd
    GuitarNerd
    Soul Shriven
    So can we get an estimation on when it will actually be patched? i would like to be able to advance my character
    Options
  • grimsfield
    grimsfield
    ✭✭✭
    It it just me, or does it seem like these patches break more than they fix?
    Options
  • stunning
    stunning
    ✭✭✭

they seem to say this is all about the Champion system they are going to have a few months - years -- 50 years from now. Personally I don't car about that system that is not here (and I'm sure you will screw that up as well ) I care about the fact that the game is screwed up now and not really playable. Before the lvling was slow -- now the game is really unplayable -- Games that don't lesson to their player base are not long for this world
    Options
  • LukeSeymour
    LukeSeymour
    Soul Shriven
    As a programmer, I see these types of things to be relatively par for the course with respect to how a patch runs on an unknown machine.

The game is playable, and I like how ZOS_KaiSchober tries to respond in character..
    Options
  • LukeSeymour
    LukeSeymour
    Soul Shriven
    Maybe focus on a different aspect of the game instead...
    Options
  • Ara_Valleria
    Ara_Valleria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UNABLE TO LOGGIN !!

Hi,

Last night I logged off in the DSA. This morning I am unable to loggin to my primary character as I keep getting Error325: Insufficient permission for world.

I have requested customer support for help but so far didn't receive any reply.

Is anyone else having this issue ? If so does anyone know how to overcome it ?!

Thanks In advance
    °‡° ÁDAMANT °‡°
    The Addon Abusers, Exploiters & Macro'ers Refuge
    •••• | Ara Valleria - AD NightBlade | Templàra Valleria - AD Templar | Åra Valleria - AD DragonKnight | Ára V - AD DragonKnight | Ara Laifu - DC NightBlade | Ara Waifu - EP Sorcerer | ••••

••••••| YOUTUBE |••••••
    Want to take a break from all the Lagging|Crashing|Cancer ?
    Play Albion Online
    Options
  • Ara_Valleria
    Ara_Valleria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is anyone having loggin issues after todays patch ?! Cause i sure cant loggin :(
    Been trying since the past 8 hours :'(
    Tried contacting customer care but no response from them yet.

ZoS please halp !! :'(
    °‡° ÁDAMANT °‡°
    •••• | Ara Valleria - AD NightBlade | Templàra Valleria - AD Templar | Åra Valleria - AD DragonKnight | Ára V - AD DragonKnight | Ara Laifu - DC NightBlade | Ara Waifu - EP Sorcerer | ••••

••••••| YOUTUBE |••••••
    Play Albion Online
    Options
  • black-gryphonb14_ESO
    Concur - keep getting the message I'm trying to use an out-of-date client and to relaunch the patcher/launcher. Done that several times now and it's not downloading anything
    Aaelefein, a Veteran Templar of the 14th Level seeking to complete his Master Crafter Certification but still needs to finish exploring Craglorn in order to acquire all the knowledge pertaining to the Nirnhoned Trait.
    Options
  • Merlight
    Merlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, we won't be able to retroactively award the difference between today's intended reputation gain ... and the effective gain.

Until the fix is actually live, the admiration of other Undaunted members is the only additional reward.

At first I thought this was a sarcastic comment directed towards ZOS ^^
    EU ‣ Wabbajack nostalgic ‣ Blackwater Blade defender ‣ Kyne wanderer
    The offspring of the root of all evil in ESO by DeanTheCat
    Why ESO needs a monthly subscription
    When an MMO is designed around a revenue model rather than around fun, it doesn’t have a long-term future.Richard A. Bartle
    Their idea of transparent, at least when it comes to communication, bears a striking resemblance to a block of coal.lordrichter
    ... in the balance of power between the accountants and marketing types against the artists, developers and those who generally want to build and run a good game then that balance needs to always be in favour of the latter - because the former will drag the game into the ground for every last bean they can squeeze out of it.Santie Claws
    Options
  • Azalin76
    Azalin76
    ✭✭✭
    So is this game being run out of someone's basement? Or is this an actual legitimate company?
    Options
  • Unknown_poster
    Unknown_poster
    ✭✭✭
    Azalin76 wrote: »
    So is this game being run out of someone's basement? Or is this an actual legitimate company?

We don't know. Yell up and ask your mom.
    Options
  • Stalwart385
    Stalwart385
    ✭✭✭✭
    Geez people. Let them do their job and quit being ***.
    Edited by Stalwart385 on 11 November 2014 02:28
    Options
  • Galalin
    Galalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a programmer, I see these types of things to be relatively par for the course with respect to how a patch runs on an unknown machine.

The game is playable, and I like how ZOS_KaiSchober tries to respond in character..

As a customer i have played many mmo's that suggest this is far below par for the course with respect to how a patch runs on an unknown machine.

As for playable... you can play baseball with a balloon and stick... it doesnt make it fun.

Edit* no cant spell
    Edited by Galalin on 11 November 2014 02:34
    Options
  • GuitarNerd
    GuitarNerd
    Soul Shriven
    i also noticed i don't seem to be getting xp when i heal, only when i actually do damage to mobs. not sure if its just ftc not being accurate or a real bug just wanted to put that out there
    Options
  • indorilwitch
    dear ZOS, the way you reply on the forums is unacceptable, not all players are of 12years age and , well we(zos) arnt able to deliver what promised and customers pay for cosmetic eyeblinding things in advance, this is unacceptable.

you promised a mmo with epic battles; lag that makes players crash or get booted from server for no reason. promise not held.

quality of service; patches that break more than they fix, promise not held.

play as you like; not possible at higher levels, players MUST group in order to progress, promise not held.

i do work in the IT business and such a lack of competence on multiple levels , would result in the business sacking everyone and going bankrupt.

usually a customer would just shrug and move on ,to the next better coded game. this is likely to happen , once players realise that after finishing the questlines, the endgame is very broken if they decide to pvp.

how come you are doing such a bad job at this? i wonder. well judging from , hey have a drink with our undaunted friends remark says it all.
    Options
  • ers101284b14_ESO
    ers101284b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Geez people. Let them do their job and quit being ***.

We have been and you see how that turned out. Like I said in another post, I love this game and am a huge ESO fanboy but even I have to facepalm this one. I mean come on waiting a week to patch your game then taking it down for 5 hours to push a 1gb update of nothing?

Even the most hardcore fanboy has gotta be like WTF! I always give a new MMO I enjoy 6 months because I know it will take a while to get in the groove and smoothed out. But when your still doing the same stupid crap you might wanna rethink your bussiness decisions.

Please note I'm not going anywhere because I still love te game and see the potential it has.
    Options
  • iamalejandro_ESO
    dear ZOS, the way you reply on the forums is unacceptable, not all players are of 12years age and , well we(zos) arnt able to deliver what promised and customers pay for cosmetic eyeblinding things in advance, this is unacceptable.

you promised a mmo with epic battles; lag that makes players crash or get booted from server for no reason. promise not held.

play as you like; not possible at higher levels, players MUST group in order to progress, promise not held.

i do work in the IT business and such a lack of competence on multiple levels , would result in the business sacking everyone and going bankrupt.

usually a customer would just shrug and move on ,to the next better coded game. this is likely to happen , once players realise that after finishing the questlines, the endgame is very broken if they decide to pvp.

how come you are doing such a bad job at this? i wonder. well judging from , hey have a drink with our undaunted friends remark says it all.

Cmon brosef and chillax. I dunno if you were in the beta, but a lot of things have improved since then and the customer service/community reps are a whole level better than other mmo's *cough* *Blizz* *cough*. Besides, the large pvp stuff is getting fixed in a pretty damn good pace, the patches don't break everything (yet), and there is a good amount of freedom for endgame.

Still, I gotta say that I'm actually happy that you're voicing your concerns, because that shows that you care about the quality of the game, and so do I. Except that my years of disappointment in other games have tempered my reaction to the broken stuff in ESO.
    Options
  • Iorail
    Iorail
    ✭✭✭✭
    grimsfield wrote: »
    It it just me, or does it seem like these patches break more than they fix?

You are wrong cause the patch didn't patch the patch at all, so nothing new broken, just everything that was, still is.
    Options
  • seanvwolf
    seanvwolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    PSLAnimal wrote: »
    Uh huh. Since this is a progress ending problem - as in anyone doing Reaper's March is just plain stopped dead in their tracks - I sure hope this is being prioritized.

Actually, no. This didn't stop me dead in my tracks... you can go around Grimwatch and not complete this quest and do everything else. I'm in Coldharbor now, so your statement is patently false.
    Options
  • Galalin
    Galalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Cmon brosef and chillax. I dunno if you were in the beta, but a lot of things have improved since then and the customer service/community reps are a whole level better than other mmo's *cough* *Blizz* *cough*. Besides, the large pvp stuff is getting fixed in a pretty damn good pace, the patches don't break everything (yet), and there is a good amount of freedom for endgame.

Still, I gotta say that I'm actually happy that you're voicing your concerns, because that shows that you care about the quality of the game, and so do I. Except that my years of disappointment in other games have tempered my reaction to the broken stuff in ESO.

Ummm are we playing the same game here?

Can someone correct me if i am reading this wrong but is everything positive listed in that post not the exact opposite?
    Options
  • Lobharvey
    Lobharvey
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS, just curious how XP credit is going to be handled now that the requirement has inadvertently changed to 4mil per level? Are all players that accumulate the previous 1.5mil amount going to automatically advance to the next appropriate level once the next patch is released? I just need to know if I should stop playing my VR4 character completely until then to avoid losing out on available XP opportunities (i.e. quests, first time kills/completions, etc).

EDIT: Just realized that the required XP is still set to 1.4mil vice 4mil, but that the addon I was using, Slightly Improve Experience Bar, was still showing the 4mil pre patch configuration. A simple hover over the XP bar showed the correct XP requirement, duh. :\ Sorry about the confusion and hope this helps everyone else that was seeing the same "issue".
    Edited by Lobharvey on 11 November 2014 20:49
    Options
  • seanvwolf
    seanvwolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rekward wrote: »
    UNABLE TO LOGGIN !!

Hi,

Last night I logged off in the DSA. This morning I am unable to loggin to my primary character as I keep getting Error325: Insufficient permission for world.

Thanks In advance

@Rekward‌
    Since this is not your account login and is your character logging into the world, you are experiencing spawn limbo.

What happens is the saved location for your character is referencing either a location or instance which no longer exists or never existed (perhaps a corruption of data from some other string), though the previous is much more likely.

When you create a solo or group instance, the server creates the location instance and adjusts your characters location to that instance reference... but the server doesn't maintain these instances forever, so it eventually purges them.

Were you on a quest that took you to a different plane, dream, dimension, or uniquely personal instance only reachable by a quest portal or transport when you logged out, timed out or went linkdead? This happened a couple times in beta and it was addressed by having a server administrator basically rewrite your last known location to a safeplace (wayshrine). If the quest bugged on you, this makes sense. If however you were just traveling in a normal zone, I don't know what the situation would be, they'd have to take a look at your character location though as that holds the answers.

They should have a condition in their server's script that when this error comes up because the location you are saved in no longer exists, it should either create a new instance location for you, or change it to the default starting city wayshrine (based on your alliance). That would prevent this kind of thing from happening.

The best way to overcome this particular problem is to login with another character and use /chat and wait for a game admin to hear your issue. Provide them with your character name and the last known location you were in and that your character location might no longer exist and to just have you put in your main city wayshrine location.
    Edited by seanvwolf on 11 November 2014 04:02
    Options
  • DAActon
    DAActon
    Soul Shriven
    Yesterday my VR2 was 67% into VR3 at 1,455,000 whatever the points are supposed to be called now. To my surprise, today I'm only 23% because the required points have been raised to 4,000,000. Didn't see anything in the patch notes about making it more difficult to progress through the VR levels. Gee, thanks for giving me 75% XP for monsters 1-3 levels below mine, that will really help.
    Options
  • SteveCampsOut
    SteveCampsOut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe focus on a different aspect of the game instead...

Actually I have been and currently I've been playing in Crowswood trying to kill the bosses for the achievement but the giant Spider boss, instead of fighting back, now runs into the broken down wall to my right to hide and end up despawning completely making Conqueror of Crowswood unattainable. This since patch 1.5! It's not just Vet/Undaunted content that's broken!
    @ֆȶɛʋɛƈǟʍքֆօʊȶ ʀʋʟɨʄɛ⍟
    Sanguine & Psijic Group Beta Tester.
    Steve's Craftiness Find out what I can make for you at my Google Doc Spreadsheet.
    Pacrooti's Hirelings Website:
    pacrootis.enjin.com/

NA Server:
    Steforax Soulstrong CH782 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH782 Dragonknight AD
    Rheticia Le Drakisius CH782 Nightblade DC
    Razmuzan Thrasmas CH782 Templar EP
    Sheenara Soulstrong CH782 Dragonknight DC
    Erik Ramzey CH782 Nightblade AD
    Growling Kahjiti CH782 Nightblade EP
    One of Many Faces CH782 Sorcerer DC
    Grumpasaurus Rex CH782 Warden DC
    EU Server:
    Guildmaster of Pacrooti's Hirelings AD Based LGBT Friendly Guild.
    Stefrex Souliss CH701 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH701 Dragonknight DC
    Slithisi Ksissi CH701 Nightblade EP
    Pokes-With-Fire CH701 Dragonknight AD
    Josie-The-Pussi-Cat CH701 Templar AD
    Stug-Grog M'God CH701 Templar DC
    One With Many Faces CH701 Nightblade DC
    Trixie Truskan CH701 Sorcerer EP
    Grumpetasaurus Rex CH701 Warden EP
    ESO Plus status: Canceled!
    Options
  • Ara_Valleria
    Ara_Valleria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    seanvwolf wrote: »
    UNABLE TO LOGGIN !!

Hi,

Thanks In advance

@Rekward‌
    Since this is not your account login and is your character logging into the world, you are experiencing spawn limbo.

What happens is the saved location for your character is referencing either a location or instance which no longer exists or never existed (perhaps a corruption of data from some other string), though the previous is much more likely.

When you create a solo or group instance, the server creates the location instance and adjusts your characters location to that instance reference... but the server doesn't maintain these instances forever, so it eventually purges them.

Were you on a quest that took you to a different plane, dream, dimension, or uniquely personal instance only reachable by a quest portal or transport when you logged out, timed out or went linkdead? This happened a couple times in beta and it was addressed by having a server administrator basically rewrite your last known location to a safeplace (wayshrine). If the quest bugged on you, this makes sense. If however you were just traveling in a normal zone, I don't know what the situation would be, they'd have to take a look at your character location though as that holds the answers.

They should have a condition in their server's script that when this error comes up because the location you are saved in no longer exists, it should either create a new instance location for you, or change it to the default starting city wayshrine (based on your alliance). That would prevent this kind of thing from happening.

The best way to overcome this particular problem is to login with another character and use /chat and wait for a game admin to hear your issue. Provide them with your character name and the last known location you were in and that your character location might no longer exist and to just have you put in your main city wayshrine location.

Firstly, I would like to say thank you for taking the time to reply to my post. You have provided me with an explanation and a possible solution before ZOS customer "support" could even send an automated reply.

Secondly, you are absolutely right. I was in the DSA when I last logged off and since then haven't been able to log back in. It surely sounds like i'm stuck in limbo.

You mentioned something about letting a game admin know about my issue, in game. But how do I get hold of someone with such godly powers in /chat ?
    As in, can I whisper to these game admins ?
    Edited by Ara_Valleria on 11 November 2014 05:05
    °‡° ÁDAMANT °‡°

••••••| YOUTUBE |••••••
    Play Albion Online
    Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS is doing a great job in my opinion. Yes, there are bugs and they sometimes add a few new, while trying to fix it. But things like that can happen, because most people cry, if the server is offline for too long, so they have to hurry.

They will make it and ESO is becoming a great game in my opinion. We must support them and stop being so mean.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.

My debut album on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@Gleandra/videos
    Options
  • Kyouko
    Kyouko
    Soul Shriven
    How on earth is it possible to "half-patch" a server like this, and still consider yourselves professionals? Missing bugs is one thing, but not having some sort of checklist for patching a server that includes "Did we actually fully apply the patch?" is a bit worrisome.
    Options
  • BCBasher
    BCBasher
    ✭✭✭
    seanvwolf wrote: »
    UNABLE TO LOGGIN !!

Hi,

Thanks In advance

@Rekward‌

Firstly, I would like to say thank you for taking the time to reply to my post. You have provided me with an explanation and a possible solution before ZOS customer "support" could even send an automated reply.

Secondly, you are absolutely right. I was in the DSA when I last logged off and since then haven't been able to log back in. It surely sounds like i'm stuck in limbo.

You mentioned something about letting a game admin know about my issue, in game. But how do I get hold of someone with such godly powers in /chat ?
    As in, can I whisper to these game admins ?

I've had that happen three time since launch and an in game /help explaining it has got my me teleported out in less than half an hour every time.

Options
  • DezIsDead
    DezIsDead
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not gonna flame the moderators on here because their not the ones patching but I'm kinda sad all I downloaded this morning was an emote fix.
    Dez Is Dead vr16 AD Sorc
    Rez Dez vr16 DC sorc
    Aimer Cantentius VR16 DC NB AKA Needs Vigor
    Vanreimus Comeback DC DK
    Ihealedurmum VR8 AD temp
    Unonti VR crafting sloot
    Zoschasedawaymyfweinds EP Temp
    Options