The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Patch v1.5.3 Partially Applied to the NA megaserver

ZOS_KaiSchober
Greetings,

We are investigating an issue that prevented several of the fixes and improvements intended to be in the deployment of today’s v1.5.3 incremental patch to make it onto the North American megaserver.

We apologize for any confusion this might have caused. We’ll keep you updated as to when you’ll see the rest of v1.5.3 on the live server.

We’ll also let you know if this will have any impact on deploying v1.5.3 to the European megaserver tonight at 10pm EST (Tuesday, 3am GMT).

Below are the confirmed changes from today’s maintenance:

Art & Animation
Animation
  • Fixed an issue where the emote /leanbackcoin would not properly animate.

Combat & Gameplay
General
  • Fixed an issue where you would raise your fists instead of holding your weapon after equipping certain kinds of weapons.

Crafting & Economy
Writs
  • Fixed an issue that could prevent items from being tracked correctly during some crafting writ quests.
  • Crafting writs will no longer ask you to deliver to other dimensions unless you have reasonable means to reach them (such as Coldharbour).

Quests & Zones
Reaper’s March
  • To Dune: You will no longer be prevented from turning in this quest if it was shared with you from another player character, and you also completed the quest Fires of Dune.

UI
General
  • The tooltip for the experience bar in UI windows will now properly display XP instead of VP.
  • Fixed an issue where guild traders would initially display your last searched guild store instead of the proper guild store.
  • Re-enabled the controls within conversations. You can now use E to select the first option, and X to say goodbye.
Kai Schober
Senior Community Manager - The Elder Scrolls Online
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch
Staff Post
  • ers101284b14_ESO
    ers101284b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Greetings,

We are investigating an issue that prevented several of the fixes and improvements intended to be in the deployment of today’s v1.5.3 incremental patch to make it onto the North American megaserver.

You mean like all of them?
    Edited by ers101284b14_ESO on 10 November 2014 20:30
    Options
  • DenverRalphy
    DenverRalphy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Fixed an issue that could prevent items from being tracked correctly during some crafting writ quests.

Are you sure about this one? Many people still aren't getting credit for the items in the Alchemy writs.
    Edited by DenverRalphy on 10 November 2014 20:36
    Options
  • Amsel_McKay
    Amsel_McKay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you need someone who knows how to fully patch a server I will do it for you... 80k a year with bonus for each patch will be fine.
    Options
  • Iorail
    Iorail
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are you kidding!

Art & Animation
    Animation

Fixed an issue where the emote /leanbackcoin would not properly animate.

Combat & Gameplay
    General

Fixed an issue where you would raise your fists instead of holding your weapon after equipping certain kinds of weapons.

Crafting & Economy
    Writs

Fixed an issue that could prevent items from being tracked correctly during some crafting writ quests.
    Crafting writs will no longer ask you to deliver to other dimensions unless you have reasonable means to reach them (such as Coldharbour).

UI
    General

The tooltip for the experience bar in UI windows will now properly display XP instead of VP.
    Fixed an issue where guild traders would initially display your last searched guild store instead of the proper guild store.
    Re-enabled the controls within conversations. You can now use E to select the first option, and X to say goodbye.

ALL of that STILL not fixed/broken after the patch

And I can't comment on this as I already did it a long time ago:

Quests & Zones
    Reaper’s March

To Dune: You will no longer be prevented from turning in this quest if it was shared with you from another player character, and you also completed the quest Fires of Dune.
    Edited by Iorail on 10 November 2014 20:37
    Options
  • JessieColt
    JessieColt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crafting & Economy
    Writs

Fixed an issue that could prevent items from being tracked correctly during some crafting writ quests.

Yeah, no. This still doesn't work.

I /bug reported it in world as well.

Options
  • Lalaeith
    Lalaeith
    ✭✭✭
    JessieColt wrote: »
    Crafting & Economy
    Writs

same here
    Options
  • ZOS_KaiSchober
    Lalaeith wrote: »
    JessieColt wrote: »
    Crafting & Economy
    Writs

same here
    Thank you. We've escalated this report again and will get is re-checked.

/edit: This is confirmed to still be broken. :(

Edited by ZOS_KaiSchober on 10 November 2014 22:07
    Kai Schober
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So if I understand you correctly, basically nothing was patched that was on the original list? Wonderful.
    Options
  • Lalaeith
    Lalaeith
    ✭✭✭
    Iorail wrote: »

[...]

UI
    General

The tooltip for the experience bar in UI windows will now properly display XP instead of VP.
    Fixed an issue where guild traders would initially display your last searched guild store instead of the proper guild store.
    Re-enabled the controls within conversations. You can now use E to select the first option, and X to say goodbye.

[...]

these work for me. can't comment on the others right now.
    Edited by Lalaeith on 10 November 2014 20:53
    Options
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey we're getting an official announcement here and not on a third-party website...it's a start :sweat_smile:
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
    Options
  • PSLAnimal
    PSLAnimal
    ✭✭✭✭
    How about the Grim Situation bug in Reaper's March? Not listed above, but absolutely still busted.
    Animal (Ask me what the PSL stands for. Go on. Ask.)
    @PSLAnimal on the NA Megaserver
    Making people wonder just what the hell is wrong with me since 1961.
    Options
  • ZOS_KaiSchober
    PSLAnimal wrote: »
    How about the Grim Situation bug in Reaper's March? Not listed above, but absolutely still busted.
    If it's not on the short list in the opening post, the fix didn't make it onto the live server. It's not lost, though, and will come asap.
    Kai Schober
    Options
    Staff Post
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It has been a bad few days in patch land. Perhaps they got the right file mixed up with the rollback fix they created to sort out the EU too much patching issue?
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
    Options
  • PSLAnimal
    PSLAnimal
    ✭✭✭✭
    PSLAnimal wrote: »
    If it's not on the short list in the opening post, the fix didn't make it onto the live server. It's not lost, though, and will come asap.

Uh huh. Since this is a progress ending problem - as in anyone doing Reaper's March is just plain stopped dead in their tracks - I sure hope this is being prioritized.
    Animal (Ask me what the PSL stands for. Go on. Ask.)
    @PSLAnimal on the NA Megaserver
    Making people wonder just what the hell is wrong with me since 1961.
    Options
  • Soulharvester
    Soulharvester
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for the updates!
    Options
  • wondercracka
    wondercracka
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_KaiSchober , For people who turned in pledges expecting the increase in Undaunted exp, will we see an adjustment in our exp or is that lost?
    Options
  • ZOS_KaiSchober
    @ZOS_KaiSchober , For people who turned in pledges expecting the increase in Undaunted exp, will we see an adjustment in our exp or is that lost?
    Sorry, we won't be able to retroactively award the difference between today's intended reputation gain for handing in silver and gold pledges and the effective gain.

Until the fix is actually live, the admiration of other Undaunted members is the only additional reward.
    Kai Schober
    Options
    Staff Post
  • tengri
    tengri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am utterly impressed... by the server.
    Apparently they managed to build a smart enough server which realized by itself how bad 1.5.2 really was and now does not accept crap from anyone anymore... not even from Z.
    Smart server to refuse a patch I say! o:)
    Options
  • GunemCleric
    GunemCleric
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, we won't be able to retroactively award the difference between today's intended reputation gain for handing in silver and gold pledges and the effective gain.

Until the fix is actually live, the admiration of other Undaunted members is the only additional reward.

I am just going to say that the last sentence there may be a little...may need to be reworded
    Gunerm Cleric ~ Dragon Knight, Tank ~ vr14
    Cruleg Nimec ~ Dragon Knight, DPS ~ vr14
    Gunem Cleric ~ Templar, Heals ~ vr3
    Cleric Gunem ~ Sorcerer, TBD ~ vr1
    Daggerfall Covenant (only) ~ NA
    Guts n Glory & Guts n Glory EOC ~ Guildmaster ~ GnG ~ MMO Dark Guild
    Daggerfall Cosa Nostra ~ Founder ~ DCN ~ DC guild leaders only (no cross faction PvP guilds)
    Options
  • shiva7663
    shiva7663
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like you guys shouldn't have laid off some of your best talent.
    Options
  • Robocles
    Robocles
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is just brilliant! First the EU players get the client patch pushed to them with no server patch... and now, we get a server patch that "didn't take".

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Flaming]
    Edited by ZOS_MichelleA on 10 November 2014 23:51
    Options
  • Suntzu1414
    Bug report menu ...BUG

I have reported multiple times that MAC users are unable to report --bugs.
    The menu interface is --unusable (and utilizing /bug from chat also..doesn't work). This has happened after installing Yosemite (on MacBook Pro - 2014).

please advise if there is a fix coming...
    Edited by Suntzu1414 on 10 November 2014 22:12
    DC - NB VR15 - Khajit - DW / S+B / Bow
    DC - NB VR 15 - Wood Elf - S+B / Resto
    DC - TP VR 15 - Brenton - Resto / Dual Wield
    DC - SC VR 12 - High Elf - Desto / Dual Wield
    EP - TP VR 5 - Nord - 2hd / 2hd
    EP - DK 20 - Imperial - S+B / Desto / Bow
    Options
  • Izzban
    Izzban
    ✭✭✭

I am just going to say that the last sentence there may be a little...may need to be reworded

I think it is fine, not snarky or mean spirited. If anything, I would call it clever.
    Options
  • KBKB
    KBKB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    By partially do you mean not at all? that seems to be the general buzz.

I just hope you guys are aware of the awful job you have done since release, I've had a month off and will continue to take my subscription one month at a time.
    Options
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont know whether to laugh or cry
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
    Options
  • GunemCleric
    GunemCleric
    ✭✭✭
    Izzban wrote: »

I think it is fine, not snarky or mean spirited. If anything, I would call it clever.

ok, i read it as a smart***/snarky comment though I doubt it was meant to be. It irritated me, but I was already irritated.

ZOS,

It is very frustrating to go encourage people to play (many of us had our subs come up a couple days ago) and then encourage people to resub only to have this happen. If this had happened a few days ago when many of us 180-subs were due, then I think you would have lost many.

There will be remarks about "why did I resub this game...". A few switched to monthly and I cannot blame them. I am here for the long term, and i know a very few in my guild are too, but i get the impression that many who are playing today, not just in my guild, may not be playing ESO in a few months. You made a lot of progress with FC removal, writs, and undaunted (little something for everyone), and had an opportunity to make the XP thing right by fixing it (not any kind of retro active reward) but you really made a mistake with this patch and not fully addressing the XP issue among other things.

Cleric - Guts n Glory

*fixed some spelling and grammar
    Edited by GunemCleric on 10 November 2014 22:35
    Gunerm Cleric ~ Dragon Knight, Tank ~ vr14
    Cruleg Nimec ~ Dragon Knight, DPS ~ vr14
    Gunem Cleric ~ Templar, Heals ~ vr3
    Cleric Gunem ~ Sorcerer, TBD ~ vr1
    Daggerfall Covenant (only) ~ NA
    Guts n Glory & Guts n Glory EOC ~ Guildmaster ~ GnG ~ MMO Dark Guild
    Daggerfall Cosa Nostra ~ Founder ~ DCN ~ DC guild leaders only (no cross faction PvP guilds)
    Options
  • Hazadus76
    Hazadus76
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS should be ashamed of their recent string of mishaps. The apologies are still tallying...
    Options
  • KBKB
    KBKB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *cough* free time *cough*
    Options
  • ZOS_KaiSchober

ok, i read it as a smart***/snarky comment though I doubt it was meant to be. It irritated me, but I was already irritated.
    My apologies if that was the case. While the Undaunted might not give you the reputation you were looking for, they still appreciate your efforts, hope that you had a good time fighting monsters, and drink to your success.

Kai Schober
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Robocles
    Robocles
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My apologies if that was the case. While the Undaunted might not give you the reputation you were looking for, they still appreciate your efforts, hope that you had a good time fighting monsters, and drink to your success.

I don't envy your group recently. We know you aren't responsible, some of us are just in disbelief right now.
    Options