Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

I come to the forums this afternoon, to ask for forgiveness. I used an Add On for the first time...

• circilion
    circilion
    ✭✭✭
    pfft you wouldn't!? Man if push came to shove I think Mister Copperfield made the right call.
    >:)
  • Copperfield
    Copperfield
    ✭✭✭
    Please stay on topic my friends.

This thread isn't about my MMO resume. This thread is about you, my fellow players, granting me forgiveness for using a third party add on.

• demendred
    demendred
    ✭✭✭✭
    You're such a silly goose Copperfield.
    All good Nords goto Sto'Vo'Kor.
  • AreoHotah
    AreoHotah
    ✭✭✭✭
    ***??? Bahahahahaha...
    Hota'h, Dual-wield/bow full medium armor NB Khajiit from day 1.

https://imageshack.com/i/p2rF313Qj/b]
  • Lovely
    Lovely
    ✭✭✭
    You did... what? But... but what will I do now? I may go on, but what will I tell the kids? Please, tell me this was all a lie!
  • Harakh
    Harakh
    ✭✭✭
    Who the **** are you :D?
    Die Welt in einem Sandkorn sehen
    Und den Himmel in einer wilden Blume;
    Die Unendlichkeit in der Handfläche halten
    Und die Ewigkeit in einer Stunde.
  • babylon
    babylon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sir David Copperfield....trolled entire game communities since 1995.

PS: Just stahp feeding,it will go away.

Is it trolling, or is it encouraging people to dance on his grave?
  • Sallakat
    Sallakat
    ✭✭✭
    The amount of stupidity and inability to recognize a joke is BEYOND this world here. Good going peeps..
    Rebuilt - Aldmeri Dominion

Kaia Linnea - templar
    Ruusu - sorcerer
    Aino - nightblade
  • yiasemi
    yiasemi
    ✭✭✭✭
    So, after four pages I forget, your wife left you for a third party add on, or because you needed to use a third party add on?
  • Daendur
    Daendur
    ✭✭✭
    so basically, axcept for Anarchy Oline, your shortest experience is marriage, isn't it ?
  • yiasemi
    yiasemi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Adding it on with a third party he was.
  • Pewpie
    Pewpie
    ✭✭✭
    I just vision this guy looking exactly like Cadwell. I cannot forgive your for using an addon btw... its between you and god...
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sir David Copperfield....trolled entire game communities since 1995.

PS: Just stahp feeding,it will go away.

Um, no, you need fire to kill a troll, for a troll as big as Copperfield you probably need a volcano.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PVT_Parts wrote: »
    You divorced your wife to play SWTOR?
    So he claimed, the entire Swtor community believes she divorced him to get away from his lies about computer games. (plus some contradictory stuff he's said on the whole issue makes you wonder if it isn't bad fiction)
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Copperfield
    Copperfield
    ✭✭✭
    I divorced my wife so I could game more. Life is all about doing what makes you happy. For me, that's online gaming.

Gaming is my passion and I won't apologize for that.
  • Apricot
    Apricot
    ✭✭
    Trolling is sooo 2007.
  • renaud.moyneb16_ESO
    That guy I REALLY wonder if he's acting or not... (can't call this quality of trolling "troll"... actually :p)

Not the divorce thing... I could agree somehow...

But the tone and the résumé...

I too have lived great virtual things... Virtual... like you know... not for real "real"... :#

If it's all just some sort of act... I think we could really get along Sir.
    ESO, the great nothing : no PvE difficulty, PvP lags, zero RP tools...

Sub Canceled, gone
  • madstoogb16_ESO
    Lol
  • madstoogb16_ESO
    Are we meant to know who this guy is? Just another noob too me
  • Daendur
    Daendur
    ✭✭✭
    For me, that's online gaming.

an you fail soooooo badly by installing an addon ?

poor man, i feel for you.
    Edited by Daendur on 28 May 2014 12:38
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Four pages long thread... Most.successfull.troll.ever.
  • Copperfield
    Copperfield
    ✭✭✭
    I take gaming very seriously, which is why I'm so disgusted with myself for using an add on. I know this may not seem like a big deal to the casual player, but it's a huge deal to me.

Ever since I cheated yesterday by using the skyshard add on, food doesn't taste as good and water doesn't quench my thirst. I didn't even sleep a wink last night.

I'll get over it, but as of now I'm too embarrassed to even log in.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I understand. I'm feeling pretty disgusted with you, too.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Daendur
    Daendur
    ✭✭✭
    @Copperfield‌ i think the only solution is suicide. Since we are talking about videogames it'll be a virtual suicide.
    Send me (for the assistance i'm giving you) all your goods, you money averything you have. Delete you character, maybe freeze your account.

Buy another box, create a new account, restart with no addons this time.

you can send stuff @Daendur‌
    thank you
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure your ex is much happier now that you are not in her life. The only one you need forgiveness from is yourself.
  • Censorious
    Censorious
    ✭✭✭✭
    This game was designed with a minimal UI and an open API just so that people could customise it. During the beta when asked for a particular feature, the answer was often 'You can just use an Addon'
    (Unfortunately, the API turned out to be too open but that's another story)

So if you're looking for brownie points, you get none.
    'Clever' sigs get old real fast - just like this one.
  • PharmaChief
    PharmaChief
    ✭✭✭
    I've always prided myself on being a real gamer. Someone who didn't...

Actually, before we get to my plea for forgiveness, please allow me to share with you my MMO resume. It will give you all a better understanding of how I achieved such a legend status.

1995-1999--Ultima Online: I was part of the fellowship that portaled into Lord British's castle to kill the great King. This of course earned me and my fellowship a lifetime ban from all future Ultima games, but boy was it worth it.

1998-2001--Everquest: I was the first player to aquire a full set of the enchanted Legendary Armor. I also ran the top guild on my server with over 700 active players.

1999-2004--Asheron's Call: I was the first level 126 on the PK server, Darktide. I was also the first level 126 on PVE server Wintersebb. I was known as the most feared PVPer in all of Dereth.

2003-2003--Anarchy Online: I played for 27 minutes before sending a strongly worded letter into Funcom, demanding that the running animation of the players be changed. I quit 48 hours later when my demands went unheard.

2004-2009--World of Warcraft: I was the Guild Leader of the Gnome hating Cult of Cult Copperfield. We refused to group or associate with gnomes in any fashion. I was the first level 60 across 12 different servers.

2009-2011--I quit gaming for a few years to find myself. I ended up getting married, but divorced my wife in late 2011 before the Star Wars: Old Republic launch. I knew I couldn't find the time to fit both in my life. My gaming urges got the better of me.

2011-2014--Star Wars: The Old Republic: I was the first level 50 and 55 as well as the first Valor Level 100. I have the most achievements in the games brief history with over 27,000. I once played for 37 hours straight and was the server first to complete every new Operation on patch day.

Now that you've seen my credentials, let's get onto business.

I've always prided myself on being a gamer who didn't need the aid of third party add on's. I've been playing MMO's since 1995 and I have NEVER used a third party application to make my gameplay easier. That was until today, and I feel sick to my stomach about it.

Let me first say that I understand that the use of add on's is allowed by Zenimax. This post is not to talk down to players who need third party add on's to be successful. This post is about me and me only. Please don't take any offense to my personal stance on add on's. It's not about that. This is about forgiveness, and forgiveness is something I need before I can continue playing.

Folks, temptation got the better of me. I downloaded the skyshard add on this morning and I want to apologize to all those players who have looked up to me over the years, for playing with honor and respect to the genre.

I found a skyshard in Auridon that I was missing, and as soon as I clicked on the shard, I felt the immediate guilt. I have already uninstalled the add on and made a promise to myself to NEVER use the skill point that I acquired today for finding the said shard.

I hope this appeases you because I need your forgiveness before I log back in. I'm sorry.

**Please remember that this post is about me and my views on add on's. No offense to those who think they aren't cheating**

-Sir Copperfield.
    Worry not... i forgive you >:)
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've always prided myself on being a real gamer. Someone who didn't...

Actually, before we get to my plea for forgiveness, please allow me to share with you my MMO resume. It will give you all a better understanding of how I achieved such a legend status.

1995-1999--Ultima Online: I was part of the fellowship that portaled into Lord British's castle to kill the great King. This of course earned me and my fellowship a lifetime ban from all future Ultima games, but boy was it worth it.

1998-2001--Everquest: I was the first player to aquire a full set of the enchanted Legendary Armor. I also ran the top guild on my server with over 700 active players.

1999-2004--Asheron's Call: I was the first level 126 on the PK server, Darktide. I was also the first level 126 on PVE server Wintersebb. I was known as the most feared PVPer in all of Dereth.

2003-2003--Anarchy Online: I played for 27 minutes before sending a strongly worded letter into Funcom, demanding that the running animation of the players be changed. I quit 48 hours later when my demands went unheard.

2004-2009--World of Warcraft: I was the Guild Leader of the Gnome hating Cult of Cult Copperfield. We refused to group or associate with gnomes in any fashion. I was the first level 60 across 12 different servers.

2009-2011--I quit gaming for a few years to find myself. I ended up getting married, but divorced my wife in late 2011 before the Star Wars: Old Republic launch. I knew I couldn't find the time to fit both in my life. My gaming urges got the better of me.

2011-2014--Star Wars: The Old Republic: I was the first level 50 and 55 as well as the first Valor Level 100. I have the most achievements in the games brief history with over 27,000. I once played for 37 hours straight and was the server first to complete every new Operation on patch day.

Now that you've seen my credentials, let's get onto business.

I've always prided myself on being a gamer who didn't need the aid of third party add on's. I've been playing MMO's since 1995 and I have NEVER used a third party application to make my gameplay easier. That was until today, and I feel sick to my stomach about it.

Let me first say that I understand that the use of add on's is allowed by Zenimax. This post is not to talk down to players who need third party add on's to be successful. This post is about me and me only. Please don't take any offense to my personal stance on add on's. It's not about that. This is about forgiveness, and forgiveness is something I need before I can continue playing.

Folks, temptation got the better of me. I downloaded the skyshard add on this morning and I want to apologize to all those players who have looked up to me over the years, for playing with honor and respect to the genre.

I found a skyshard in Auridon that I was missing, and as soon as I clicked on the shard, I felt the immediate guilt. I have already uninstalled the add on and made a promise to myself to NEVER use the skill point that I acquired today for finding the said shard.

I hope this appeases you because I need your forgiveness before I log back in. I'm sorry.

**Please remember that this post is about me and my views on add on's. No offense to those who think they aren't cheating**

-Sir Copperfield.

lol this post is funny :)

But shame on you for discarding your principles. Especially over something so trivial as the skyshard add-on. But at least your guilt has set you back on the correct path. So I think forgiveness will come in time as long as you continue to abstain yourself.
  • GreySix
    GreySix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I once played Pac-Man at an arcade in the 80's, so now for my self-important diatribe....
    Crotchety Old Man Guild

"Hey you, get off my lawn!"
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

When did you remove Pokemon from this List??
    I remember reading this list with Pokemon and a few other games on it, were they not important enough??
    :trollface:>:);):trollface:>:);):trollface:>:);):trollface:>:);)
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Wizard's tenth rule