Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

I come to the forums this afternoon, to ask for forgiveness. I used an Add On for the first time...

• dennissomb16_ESO
    dennissomb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I say we ban the OP not only from the game but from the entire internet!!

to harsh?
  • Nazon_Katts
    Nazon_Katts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pay an indulgence of no less than 100.000 gold coins and recite the 36 Sermons 36 times and thou shalt be forgiven, good Sir Copperfield.

You may recite here and I'll gladly accept your payment on behalf the temple.
    "You've probably figured that out by now. Let's hope so. Or we're in real trouble... and out come the intestines. And I skip rope with them!"
  • Evergnar
    Evergnar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ShinChuck wrote: »
    I'm willing to forgive you if you don't use that skillpoint, ever.

My wife, meanwhile, you really broke her heart. She said she can only forgive if you if you reroll entirely, because your character is forever tainted. :(

Yes. You must purify yourself and all your toons. It's the only way.
  • robacooperb16_ESO
    robacooperb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    If I remember correctly from my time in ultima. Lord Brittish was killed while he was being played by Richard Garriot and was out taking a stroll in the game, he was attacked by players who used to the wall of fire townkill exploit, so I don't see how anyone who claims to be anti-cheat could claim this, also, i don't believe you.

Lord British was technically invulnerable (like in the games), but Garriot forgot to reset his invulnerable tag when the servers came back online for the big speech event. Only time it ever happened, and it didn't happen as part of some raid like this clown/troll claims.

I remember seeing screenshots of it on the streets of Britian with walls of fire all over him.

Yeah. There was one wall of fire scroll used by Rains/z(?) at the beginning that killed British... then there was a lot more post death as all hell broke loose with PK'ing everywhere. Bloodbath spilled out control rather quickly as people just went nuts defending themselves and attacking others.
    The only negative experience in ESO is those that make it negative.
  • D0gstar
    D0gstar
    " We refused to group or associate with gnomes in any fashion"

Very wise...
  • Copperfield
    Copperfield
    ✭✭✭
    I just emailed Zenimax and asked if they would remove my achievement for finding all the skyshard's in Auridon.

I can't believe I missed this one. It was just simply in the Mages Guild.

Sigh.
  • Banumu
    Banumu
    ✭✭
    2003-2003--Anarchy Online: I played for 27 minutes before sending a strongly worded letter into Funcom, demanding that the running animation of the players be changed. I quit 48 hours later when my demands went unheard.

So you played a game for 27 min? And made demands. Sorry, I played AO for years. and still play off and on.

Didn't you make a thread the other day about you leaving because you killed you friend buy showing him ESO and he went back to Skooma I mean Cocaine?

Are you that desperate for attention?

• sovreign
    sovreign
    ✭✭✭
    I just emailed Zenimax and asked if they would remove my achievement for finding all the skyshard's in Auridon.

Sigh.

Jesus Christ, no spoiler alert?
    "Soon you will see, that evil will always triumph, because good ... Is dumb"
    -Dark Helmet, Spaceballs
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    BRAVO!!!
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
  • gladen5rwb17_ESO
    gladen5rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    EQ1 was released March 16th 1999

Just a tad out of date.
    Edited by gladen5rwb17_ESO on 27 May 2014 17:01
  • NerfEverything
    NerfEverything
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only 3 years of EQ, but 5 years of WoW? I immediately question your integrity.
  • RylukShouja
    RylukShouja
    ✭✭✭
    Copperfield? Here?!?!

Tribunal help us...

Even Vivec can't save us now...Almalexia have mercy on our souls.
  • lioslinn
    lioslinn
    ✭✭✭
    Wow... I don't even know where to start... I think you need professional help for gaming addiction.

And for spouting nonsense.

http://btd-clan.com/forums/index.php?/topic/245-so-the-wife-deleted-all-my-level-50si-better-be-able-to-restore-them/
    Edited by lioslinn on 27 May 2014 20:35
    reality.sys corrupted-reboot universe [y/n] _
  • Tannakaobi
    Tannakaobi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sovreign wrote: »
    I see no need to post your mmo history, only that you are looking for some attention, and disguising it as a moot point.

Saying he is looking for some attention is on par with saying Attila The Hun liked a good scrap.

Personally, I call bull***t!. Did he really download an add-on? We are lead to believe that he has played all these mmo's over all these years and has resisted the urge to use ANY up until now. But suddenly he decides, blow it! I'm gonna try it. Then he feel the need to come and let everyone know how ashamed he feels.

If that's not trolling then I am the Queen of England.

Edited by Tannakaobi on 27 May 2014 17:43
  • Hadria
    Hadria
    ✭✭✭✭
    I member you same exact post from nit too long ago and you kept going on about how this is your "resume" and how everyone was jealous of your"resume"

You're funny
  • Eorea
    Eorea
    ✭✭✭
    All of your past accomplishments are now invalid. Leave. Shoo!
  • Copperfield
    Copperfield
    ✭✭✭
    I refuse to use the skill point I acquired from using the skyshard add on today.

You have my word.
  • Ravinsild
    Ravinsild
    ✭✭✭✭
    **Please remember that this post is about me and my views on add on's. No offense to those who think they aren't cheating**
    -Sir Copperfield.

I'm sure this post is a satire, or parody or general meant to be comedic and not taken seriously, however that is some turbo passive-aggressiveness right there.
  • Liquid_Time
    Liquid_Time
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I almost read all of that.. Until I saw this.

"Actually, before we get to my plea for forgiveness, please allow me to share with you my MMO resume. It will give you all a better understanding of how I achieved such a legend status."
    ¸.•¨)
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•`
    Liquid_Time'*-.¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-••¤
    ╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
       IGN: Liquid Past || Rank: V14 || Class: Nightblade || World Skill: Vampire
    ╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
  • Ruddertail
    Ruddertail
    ✭✭✭
    Never heard of this dude, but he certainly wasn't the first level 60 in WoW, much less the first on 12 servers. I think we can safely disregard all of that as a joke.
  • kassandratheclericb14_ESO
    Joke or troll? One is funny...one has cheetos on their shirt and lives in their Mom's basement.
  • hk11
    hk11
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure why anyone wouldnt use TFC.
  • magickats242cub18_ESO
    Impressive résumé. Now if only it could land your dream job.
  • Zero_Tolerance
    Zero_Tolerance
    ✭✭✭

Sigh.

No spoiler there. There aren't any shards in Mages Guild in Auridon.
  • Orizuru
    Orizuru
    ✭✭✭

Sigh.

No spoiler there. There aren't any shards in Mages Guild in Auridon.

I would say it's a safe bet to say he knew that already and was being facetious. Pretty much everything Sir Copperfield says, and any replies given to what he says should probably be treated as being fairly tongue-in-cheek.

Sometimes the stuff he says is just down-right hilarious. If you ever catch him in /zone chat, it's usually a good time to go make some popcorn.
  • Nate
    Nate
    ✭✭✭
    "Derp I don't use addons and am good."

Nobody cares.
  • rhoekieb16_ESO
    Sir David Copperfield....trolled entire game communities since 1995.

PS: Just stahp feeding,it will go away.
  • Ciedoc
    Ciedoc
    ✭✭✭
    Just goes to prove they let anyone play these games...this guy was a laughing stock in SWTOR forums.
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Really. A 'Look At How Much Ive Wasted My Life' Thread?
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never used them before ESO because I never had a need.

However ESO took a lot of useful information out of the game which granted you don't need to have to play but is generally nice to know. So I used them here for the first time, I don't feel dirty, or like I sold out or anything, I just don't want to leave a good game because of frustrations over little things which a UI add-on can fix.

I do personally dislike add-ons which give players the upper hand in PVP however, which unfortunately there are some here which do.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."