Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

I come to the forums this afternoon, to ask for forgiveness. I used an Add On for the first time...

• misterme2011
    misterme2011
    ✭✭
    Well in Ultima III if you sailed a ship to the shore where Lord British's castle was located, fired a missile (or spell?) at him to get him chasing you - you could run out of the castle with him in pursuit, go back to your ship, pull offshore, then destroy him with the ship's cannons. Not sure how I managed to figure that out.
    If I remember correctly from my time in ultima. Lord Brittish was killed while he was being played by Richard Garriot and was out taking a stroll in the game, he was attacked by players who used to the wall of fire townkill exploit, so I don't see how anyone who claims to be anti-cheat could claim this, also, i don't believe you.

Lord British was technically invulnerable (like in the games), but Garriot forgot to reset his invulnerable tag when the servers came back online for the big speech event. Only time it ever happened, and it didn't happen as part of some raid like this clown/troll claims.

• c4bloyb16_ESO
    c4bloyb16_ESO
    ✭✭
    To the original poster. There is professional help available, and financial assistance should you not have the resources available.
  • James_Keenan
    James_Keenan
    Soul Shriven
    I'm a terrible gamer, who has always prided myself on being terrible while thinking that I'm really good.

ESO has made me try to be a better gamer by failing to meet my expectations of having a half usable UI.

FTFY
  • Crassius
    Crassius
    ✭✭✭
    How can so many people be so gullible?
    Those who actually took this OP seriously really need to hang their head in shame.

Then not breed. Thanks.
    Let me guess, someone stole your sweetroll...
    Everything I say is just my opinion. Like it or not - that's all it is.
  • Phaedryn
    Phaedryn
    ✭✭✭
    Selique wrote: »
    I feel bad for anyone who takes this guy seriously lol. Clearly, those that do, don't know who this guy is.

Well...I am on the double negative fence here.
    Didn't take him seriously, have absolutely no clue who he is...don't really care either (unless it's just an interesting story)
    Edited by Phaedryn on 27 May 2014 22:43
  • VlVEC
    VlVEC
    ✭✭✭
    It's not an Elder Scrolls game unless you can ruin it with mods.
    The beginning of the words is ALMSIVI. I give you this as Vivec.
    Almalexia, Sotha Sil, and Vivec.
    ヽ༼ຈ༽ل͜༼ຈ༽ノ
  • KitLightning
    KitLightning
    ✭✭✭✭
    VlVEC wrote: »
    It's not an Elder Scrolls game unless you can ruin it with mods.

Aw you stabbing me long and hard... la_mummy_by_kitlightning-d6qv2qm.gif
    "I'd rather be insane in a sane world, than sane in an insane world!" ~Me
    Warning - This is a spoiler and looking at it for too long may cause irrecoverable eyesight issues.
    ◔̯◔

MechWarrior: Living Legends – Total conversion modification for Crysis Wars.

kitlightning.deviantart
  • Gothic
    Gothic
    ✭✭✭
    Oh no! Copperfield is here! *looks around for SirMarty*

You are a long way from the SWTOR boards...
  • Fuzzylumpkins
    Fuzzylumpkins
    ✭✭✭✭
    This guy is the ultimate troll. And btw, some people have career and education resumes/CVs, this troll has a game resume.

Congratulations on failing at being a productive member of society. You are an ape.
  • gdorsettub17_ESO
    gdorsettub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Copperfield... Kindly hand me a gun.
  • Most_Awesome
    Most_Awesome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get back to SWTOR hahahahahaha.....infact no I love reading the posts buy people who take you for real :)
  • ItsMeToo
    ItsMeToo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do I forgive you?

NO!!!

NOW GO AWAY!!!
    FYI - There is no such thing as 'night capping' in a world wide MMO.
    FYI - There was no paid Beta. When they launched the game the Beta was over, even if you don't think it was.
    FYI - It's B2P not F2P. There is a difference.
    FYI - It doesn't take any player skill to mash keys or buttons in this game. The ones that stay alive longer have the better internet connection and speed.
    FYI - The game is not broken, it still works. It just has 'bugs' that need to be fixed.
    Balance is a "Bad" thing.

Example: There were hundreds of Jedi and only two Sith in Star Wars. The Jedi wanted, "Balance in the Force" and they got it. Now there are only two Jedi and two Sith.

Balance is a "Bad" thing.
    Is the glass half full or half empty?
    I say, "Get a smaller glass."
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What would MW, OB or Skyrim be without mods?
    The console versions?
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • david271749
    david271749
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What would MW, OB or Skyrim be without mods?

Probably video games
  • FrauPerchta
    FrauPerchta
    ✭✭✭
    I learned something long ago on game forums:

Don't Feed The Trolls.....EVER!
  • Reykice
    Reykice
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should seek help... i really hope someone in your family reads what you wrote so they can get you help.
  • drschplatt
    drschplatt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Now that you've seen my credentials

Credentials? All it did was make me feel sorry for you. There's ways to get help, none of the things you posted (even the ones that are obviously not true) are things to be proud of. Real life > than any game.
    Foräois - Imperial Sorcerer of Ineptitude.
    Widoch - Nord Dragon Knight of Ignorance.
    Billy Bob - Dunmer Templar of Chicken and Noodles.
    Blades of Vengeance
  • reggielee
    reggielee
    ✭✭✭✭
    I forgive you my son
    Mama always said the fastest way to a man's heart is through his chest.
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So disappointed in you.
    [DC/NA]
  • ThisOnePosts
    ThisOnePosts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    9a80c91ddda3b4cec4767e8722dc8380c8d9ff4b9679d5153a9a2b1fbbfd634e.jpg
    Edited by ThisOnePosts on 28 May 2014 00:51
  • AinGeal
    AinGeal
    ✭✭✭
    I wasn't sure if I should put up a meme or a vid....so I'll do both.

FsSICx9.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AERwgNvgMmc
  • tanthil
    tanthil
    ✭✭✭
    Why are people giving this guy attention? its all he came here looking for, do you really want him to post again?
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zgrssd wrote: »
    Uhh, what?

Addon are part of the deal we made for ESO. They would give us the Addon API (extra work for them).
    In turn we would provide the addons to solve all those minor comfort functions (like sovled quest tracker, synching chat tabs) that would cost them too much time to solve.

Everything addons can do is not only explicitly allowed by Zenimax as non-cheating, they invested worktime to make it possible.
    And they could disable anything again in less time then it took you to write that post.
    Yes, its an smart way to let people add UI features rather than having to implement all themselfs and adding all the tons of options people want here.
    Uses three myself, research assistant, sour chief and a mod who let you keybind the quickslot items.

I use an webpage to map skyshards and other locations so I can clear them out before leaving zone however I admit I tend to look 2-3 time during zone
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • davidhorstub17_ESO
    davidhorstub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    lol sir copperfield always trolling, personally i crack up when the mouth breathers start cussing up the cyrodiil zone chat after he tells them clean up the language and address him as their future emperor rofl.
    Edited by davidhorstub17_ESO on 28 May 2014 01:40
  • Dev
    Dev
    ✭✭✭✭
    well since no one else would...

Copperfield, you are hereby forgiven for using the add-on...

as for everything else you did in life, for that your on your own.

for everyone else... why yes I really am that effing bored since they broke the game...
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ended up getting married, but divorced my wife in late 2011 before the Star Wars: Old Republic launch. I knew I couldn't find the time to fit both in my life. My gaming urges got the better of me.
    (...)
    I've always prided myself on being a gamer who didn't need the aid of third party add on's. I've been playing MMO's since 1995 and I have NEVER used a third party application to make my gameplay easier. That was until today, and I feel sick to my stomach about it.

For someone who dumps a person for a game, you have a remarkably sensitive stomach...
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well in Ultima III if you sailed a ship to the shore where Lord British's castle was located, fired a missile (or spell?) at him to get him chasing you - you could run out of the castle with him in pursuit, go back to your ship, pull offshore, then destroy him with the ship's cannons. Not sure how I managed to figure that out.
    If I remember correctly from my time in ultima. Lord Brittish was killed while he was being played by Richard Garriot and was out taking a stroll in the game, he was attacked by players who used to the wall of fire townkill exploit, so I don't see how anyone who claims to be anti-cheat could claim this, also, i don't believe you.

Lord British was technically invulnerable (like in the games), but Garriot forgot to reset his invulnerable tag when the servers came back online for the big speech event. Only time it ever happened, and it didn't happen as part of some raid like this clown/troll claims.

Killing Lord British became sort of an easter egg in single-player Ultimas. I remember that at least in Ultima IX you could kill him by making a poisoned loaf of bread during the tutorial and using it on his dinner table, and in Ultima VII you could drop a sign on his head in the castle courtyard.
  • circilion
    circilion
    ✭✭✭
    I've always prided myself on being a real gamer. Someone who didn't...

Actually, before we get to my plea for forgiveness, please allow me to share with you my MMO resume. It will give you all a better understanding of how I achieved such a legend status.

I am sorry my friend but I need to burst your bubble.

1995-1999--Ultima Online: I was part of the fellowship that portaled into Lord British's castle to kill the great King. This of course earned me and my fellowship a lifetime ban from all future Ultima games, but boy was it worth it.

I was the leader of that fellowship, so technically the credit is mine.
    1998-2001--Everquest: I was the first player to aquire a full set of the enchanted Legendary Armor. I also ran the top guild on my server with over 700 active players.

I was only the second player to achieve the set, however my guild had over 1200 active. I also used my trust fund to fly out the officers of my guild in real life to Vegas every third Sunday morning for a guild meeting over a cheep all you can eat buffet.

1999-2004--Asheron's Call: I was the first level 126 on the PK server, Darktide. I was also the first level 126 on PVE server Wintersebb. I was known as the most feared PVPer in all of Dereth.

I never got into that crap game, so I feel I have beaten you on this count as well.
    2003-2003--Anarchy Online: I played for 27 minutes before sending a strongly worded letter into Funcom, demanding that the running animation of the players be changed. I quit 48 hours later when my demands went unheard.

I sent in a complaint as well, AND THEY LISTENED, for I am Circilion.
    2004-2009--World of Warcraft: I was the Guild Leader of the Gnome hating Cult of Cult Copperfield. We refused to group or associate with gnomes in any fashion. I was the first level 60 across 12 different servers.

I was the Guild Leader of a pure Gnome Guild. We specialized on curb stomping taurens at Farm. Perhaps we met there?
    2009-2011--I quit gaming for a few years to find myself. I ended up getting married, but divorced my wife in late 2011 before the Star Wars: Old Republic launch. I knew I couldn't find the time to fit both in my life. My gaming urges got the better of me.

I married a woman who eventually gave up and let me have the best of both worlds. The love of my life, who is generally in the other room.
    2011-2014--Star Wars: The Old Republic: I was the first level 50 and 55 as well as the first Valor Level 100. I have the most achievements in the games brief history with over 27,000. I once played for 37 hours straight and was the server first to complete every new Operation on patch day.

I was the second to level 50, and the second to level 55. the second to Valor level 100 and aaaaalmost all the achievements... but I definitely had the most friends. Ten thousand at my last count.. perhaps more. So I feel I have defeated you yet again at this turn.

I do however use Addons though, so perhaps that is why I am the superior gamer. That and my seemingly unlimited amount of time to invest in it. Oh yes I forgot. I employ 10 Chinese orphans to play my accounts for me.
    >:)
  • Kybotica
    Kybotica
    ✭✭✭
    Ciedoc wrote: »
    Just goes to prove they let anyone play these games...this guy was a laughing stock in SWTOR forums.

I remembered him from there as well. Hopefully enough people will forgive him, otherwise I'll lose out on hours of entertaining reading.
    M'iaq the Honest- PC/NA
    EP Khajiit Nightblade
    Guild of Shadows
  • PVT_Parts
    PVT_Parts
    ✭✭✭
    I've always prided myself on being a real gamer. Someone who didn't...

Actually, before we get to my plea for forgiveness, please allow me to share with you my MMO resume. It will give you all a better understanding of how I achieved such a legend status.

1995-1999--Ultima Online: I was part of the fellowship that portaled into Lord British's castle to kill the great King. This of course earned me and my fellowship a lifetime ban from all future Ultima games, but boy was it worth it.

1998-2001--Everquest: I was the first player to aquire a full set of the enchanted Legendary Armor. I also ran the top guild on my server with over 700 active players.

1999-2004--Asheron's Call: I was the first level 126 on the PK server, Darktide. I was also the first level 126 on PVE server Wintersebb. I was known as the most feared PVPer in all of Dereth.

2003-2003--Anarchy Online: I played for 27 minutes before sending a strongly worded letter into Funcom, demanding that the running animation of the players be changed. I quit 48 hours later when my demands went unheard.

2004-2009--World of Warcraft: I was the Guild Leader of the Gnome hating Cult of Cult Copperfield. We refused to group or associate with gnomes in any fashion. I was the first level 60 across 12 different servers.

2009-2011--I quit gaming for a few years to find myself. I ended up getting married, but divorced my wife in late 2011 before the Star Wars: Old Republic launch. I knew I couldn't find the time to fit both in my life. My gaming urges got the better of me.

2011-2014--Star Wars: The Old Republic: I was the first level 50 and 55 as well as the first Valor Level 100. I have the most achievements in the games brief history with over 27,000. I once played for 37 hours straight and was the server first to complete every new Operation on patch day.

Now that you've seen my credentials, let's get onto business.

I've always prided myself on being a gamer who didn't need the aid of third party add on's. I've been playing MMO's since 1995 and I have NEVER used a third party application to make my gameplay easier. That was until today, and I feel sick to my stomach about it.

Let me first say that I understand that the use of add on's is allowed by Zenimax. This post is not to talk down to players who need third party add on's to be successful. This post is about me and me only. Please don't take any offense to my personal stance on add on's. It's not about that. This is about forgiveness, and forgiveness is something I need before I can continue playing.

Folks, temptation got the better of me. I downloaded the skyshard add on this morning and I want to apologize to all those players who have looked up to me over the years, for playing with honor and respect to the genre.

I found a skyshard in Auridon that I was missing, and as soon as I clicked on the shard, I felt the immediate guilt. I have already uninstalled the add on and made a promise to myself to NEVER use the skill point that I acquired today for finding the said shard.

I hope this appeases you because I need your forgiveness before I log back in. I'm sorry.

**Please remember that this post is about me and my views on add on's. No offense to those who think they aren't cheating**

-Sir Copperfield.

You divorced your wife to play SWTOR?