Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

A MILLION Thank You's....

• GreySix
    GreySix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No matter how much people rage (I was hit badly when memory leaks started), TESO is already waaaaaaaaaaay better than SWTOR.

Disagree. Wife and I resubscribed to SWTOR recently, for two main reasons:
    • Solo-instancing is never forced in SWTOR, so our characters can quest together without interruption (ESO programmers, jot down some notes here)
    • Bots aren't a problem in SWTOR
    Crotchety Old Man Guild

"Hey you, get off my lawn!"
  • Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GreySix wrote: »
    No matter how much people rage (I was hit badly when memory leaks started), TESO is already waaaaaaaaaaay better than SWTOR.

• Solo-instancing is never forced in SWTOR, so our characters can quest together without interruption (ESO programmers, jot down some notes here)

Indeed, bots aren't the issue there, it's EA.

I had been with SWTOR, it's been nothing but downhill with that game, unless you like gambling and a focus on micro transactions over fixes, content, etc.?
    Edited by Zershar_Vemod on 28 May 2014 14:47
    House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
  • Iceman_mat
    Iceman_mat
    ✭✭✭
    Legit op post is legit

-Cheers
  • mumok
    mumok
    ✭✭✭
    Arguing on a forum is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter how good you are at it (or how right you are), the pigeon is just going to crap on the board and strut around like it won.
    Good stuff.

Oh yeah also,

For Pacrooti saying he tried Molasses for the first time and thought it was sweet and tasty, and that he thinks he would like to try other parts of the Mole. LOL!
    Edited by mumok on 28 May 2014 15:16
  • Sleepwalker
    Sleepwalker
    ✭✭✭
    Ha! Positive threads are troll traps... Even those that left the game somehow sense them and come back to snarl at the universe they claim to despise.
    Disagree. Wife and I resubscribed to SWTOR recently...

... and it must be so sad there if you're coming back here to continue trolling, as you've done on at least five threads in the past month. If SWTOR were a great game, you wouldn't be checking in on the ESO forums.
    "QUIT CRYIN'! Do some pushups or something!"

Grayfield - V2 Breton Nightblade
    Windspike - 40 Bosmer Sorceror
  • GreySix
    GreySix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ... and it must be so sad there if you're coming back here to continue trolling, as you've done on at least five threads in the past month. If SWTOR were a great game, you wouldn't be checking in on the ESO forums.

Yeah, we're still subscribed to ESO, so you might want to watch those.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Flaming]
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on 28 May 2014 19:48
    Crotchety Old Man Guild

• Iceman_mat
    Iceman_mat
    ✭✭✭

Indeed, bots aren't the issue there, it's EA.

I had been with SWTOR, it's been nothing but downhill with that game, unless you like gambling and a focus on micro transactions over fixes, content, etc.?

Solo-instancing isn't forced it's the game. When not in an instance you character is solo-instancing with a NPC companion. You have a wife so that's RL companion.

Bot's aren't a problem in SWTOR cause what are they gonna bot? Also you praise SWTOR for no bots but let's look at the other side of your polished coin shall we?

The old subscribers (probably you and your wife) are treated as first tier citizens (damn right you'd say) were as F2P people get treated as second tier (yea well I paid f them) which leaves a per-emptive jaded complex in the game which is only encouraged by the "I can't run until level 15" or the "what do you mean I can customize my NPC Companion" just to name a few things.

So yes, ESO programmers should take notes. Don't *** do that because it will kill your game. Also just to jab because this was a troll post or bait or w.e.

SWTOR went F2P to try and get players to come back to it because people left ONLY to treat said players like *** *slow clap*, yea. ESO should be like SWTOR. Epic, ***, win.

-Cheers
  • Sendarya
    Sendarya
    ✭✭✭
    Totally agree with the OP, the details al over this game are amazing!

Also agree with the EQ2 Vanguard crafting comment, but I still enjoy crafting inthis game.

Yeah, sometimes people need to focus on the positive things, of which there are many! :smile:
    Owner of the Traveling Tavern, serving superior and consummate foods and drinks for all your leveling needs! :p
    The Traveling Tavern is now closed, until veteran loot tables and rare food mats are fixed. I am very sorry to all my loyal customers!
  • RomedyMC
    RomedyMC
    ✭✭✭
    +1 for the Argonian's retort in Vet FG, "Hah! I didn't have a mother!"
  • Sendarya
    Sendarya
    ✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    Ohioastro wrote: »
    I really like the recurring characters. MMOs tend to have one-shot quest givers, so it's very nice to have some who recur from zone to zone. You get an actual personality developed for them, and some of the writing is extremely clever. I also like how the quests have lore weaved into them: there are some where you're seeing how a religious tradition works, for example, as opposed to having all of them involve whacking some beastie. And I also like the stealth options, which are especially viable with a nightblade.
    This, I almost restarted the game because I thought my favorite NPC died because of a mistake I did.
    Will not spoil more of the AD story.

Laugh if you will, but I almost actually cried at one point in the main story....don't want to spoil it for anyone.

Yeah, you get attached to the characters and the story you are in far more than most other MMO's. Well, the people who don't just fast click through all the quests do anyway. lol

Owner of the Traveling Tavern, serving superior and consummate foods and drinks for all your leveling needs! :p
    The Traveling Tavern is now closed, until veteran loot tables and rare food mats are fixed. I am very sorry to all my loyal customers!
  • GreySix
    GreySix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iceman_mat wrote: »
    Solo-instancing isn't forced it's the game. When not in an instance you character is solo-instancing with a NPC companion. You have a wife so that's RL companion.
    If one's character is happily grouping with another and then suddenly no longer grouping once entering an instance, such an instance is "forced-solo" by definition - whether its by design or not.
    Bot's aren't a problem in SWTOR cause what are they gonna bot?
    ... but they're a major problem in ESO.
    Also you praise SWTOR for no bots but let's look at the other side of your polished coin shall we?
    Plenty of stuff amiss in SWTOR, no doubt - but I was addressing two issues they actually got right (grouping being the main reason my wife and I re-subscribed)- that ESO screwed the pooch on.

... and yes, those of you who like to chase me from thread to thread with tiresome troll-charges --- we're still subscribed to ESO, and we're still avoiding instances that force solo play.
    Crotchety Old Man Guild

• Phaedryn
    Phaedryn
    ✭✭✭
    Eldarth wrote: »
    Thank You for...
    ...NOT being F2P
    ...LUA UI addon support
    ...free choice skills
    ...guards flipping coins
    ...guards using clipboards
    ...non-quest giver NPCs that have vocals
    ...miner NPCs that flip their hammer WHILE talking to me
    ...NPCs that lean (properly) against walls -- some even using their hand/arm
    ...painting palette on porch
    ...icy river water in Eastmarch looks so refreshing I want a drink
    ...random snow falling from building roof edges
    ...detailed cat animations (where's my follower!)
    ...a complete rainbow of frogs
    ...frogs that "walk" and jump if you get to close
    ...incredible flora
    ...incredible fauna
    ..."bath salts"
    ...special "finishing" kills
    ...killer PC animations -- even "dodging" and rolling OVER a small tent!
    ...swimming
    ...fishing
    ...good crafting options (personally prefer more interactive ala EQII/Vanguard)
    ...subtle weapon effect animations
    ...enchantable armor/weapons
    ...interesting storylines and recurring characters
    ...a multitude of siege weapons, options, and destructible structures
    ...the poor skeleton inside a broken barrel at the bottom of a waterfall
    ...the (nearly) fully submerged treasure chest
    ...the dead (snake? bandits? weather?) explorer in remote locations
    ...the remote explorers campsite often with a backpack full of goodies
    ...interspecies flirting with a cute dark elf assassin ("Once you go Khajit...mrawr!")

My main is currently enjoying Eastmarch so this is somewhat centric to that zone.

I've beta tested and played almost every MMO out there and have to say this had to be probably the smoothest launch period I've ever seen. The incredible details already present and the game is barely a few months old. I look forward to many, many years of adventuring.

Is this post sarcasm? Thanking them for things like "guards flipping coins", really? The only game elements listed aren't even unique to ESO. This whole post leaves me puzzled.
  • PayneTK
    PayneTK
    ✭✭
    ...for nerfs and completely destroying Templar's
  • RomedyMC
    RomedyMC
    ✭✭✭
    I rather like the main questline being solo-only. It makes completing it feel ... right.

Some of those fights are incredibly intense. Heck, even some of the end-of-zone fights are intense. I can appreciate wanting to enjoy the game with loved ones, but some things deserve to be solo-only.

Now, requiring completion of solo-only content to move on to Vet zones may be a different matter.
  • GreySix
    GreySix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RomedyMC wrote: »
    I rather like the main questline being solo-only. It makes completing it feel ... right.

Okay, so what if you were still allowed to solo such content and others were allowed to have one other player with them?

If others quested such content as a pair (being invisible to you), and you were still allowed to solo the same content, would you be okay with that?
    Crotchety Old Man Guild

• Sleepwalker
    Sleepwalker
    ✭✭✭
    Quote battle, wall of text, quote battle...

And he came back again. He's interrupting his SWTOR time to contribute to the ESO forums. Yes, so very legit...

I don't even know what to name this new troll creation... but it's nothing like I've ever seen.

• GreySix
    GreySix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quote battle, wall of text, quote battle...

And he came back again. He's interrupting his SWTOR time to contribute to the ESO forums. Yes, so very legit...

I don't even know what to name this new troll creation... but it's nothing like I've ever seen.
    My own personal stalker - how cute.
    Crotchety Old Man Guild

• ZOS_AlexD
    Just a friendly reminder to everyone, if you believe someone is trolling on the forums, please do not call that person out in the thread, but instead use the report flags and let the moderators know that way. We can then take the appropriate actions without bringing the whole conversation down. Thank you.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Sleepwalker
    Sleepwalker
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_AlexD wrote: »
    Just a friendly reminder to everyone, if you believe someone is trolling on the forums, please do not call that person out in the thread, but instead use the report flags and let the moderators know that way. We can then take the appropriate actions without bringing the whole conversation down. Thank you.

*puppy dog eyes* But moooooom, he started it!

Seriously though, I'm here to browse forums and discuss with others who like playing the game. That one openly criticizes the game, makes threads about quitting that get closed, and while supposedly playing another still comes here to comment and argue the same stubborn point in various threads. Yeah... I'm the stalker. *snicker*

• redwoodtreesprite
    redwoodtreesprite
    ✭✭✭
    Lots of wonderful things in this game. This is the reason some of us are so unhappy. We love the game itself, but so much is being ruined by the bots, patches that break more than they fix, and a seemingly uncommunicative company. Me and my hubby want to sub to this game for many years, but we are near the breaking point in frustration right now.
  • Eldarth
    Eldarth
    ✭✭✭

Yep. Takes "TWO" to argue.
    If one doesn't reply (and reply, and reply, and reply...) to a troll they eventually wander off.
  • Nate
    Nate
    ✭✭✭

I've flagged GreySix so many times yet nothing happens. NOTHING!!!
  • Alphashado
    Alphashado
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Arguing on a forum is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter how good you are at it (or how right you are), the pigeon is just going to crap on the board and strut around like it won.

Lol +10
  • GreySix
    GreySix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nate wrote: »

Perhaps because your flagging was baseless - my posts always raise issues from a logical standpoint, and I avoid personal attacks and logical fallacies.

... unlike others.

... but did just flag your post for leveling a personal attack against me ... just so you know. ;)
    Crotchety Old Man Guild

• Indarqeen
    Indarqeen
    ✭✭
    hemmmm I have cancled my account!! tho I have canceled i still have 78 days of gametime, now that I dont have the joy of playing, ill keep an eye on the forum, and tell my downright opinion of the game I payd 190 dollars, that give me the right to use the forum, just because i not agree on liking the game don't make me/us a troll. I love TES games played all from arena to skyrim i'm sad to say this game is failing, it can be saved but then the developers need another approach.
    Edited by Indarqeen on 28 May 2014 20:37
  • Huckdabuck
    Huckdabuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nate wrote: »

I honestly wouldn't admit to that. Ever heard the saying "Snitches...a dieing breed"? Flagging is so akin to the 1950's red scare in the U.S. Oh and pretty anti-'Murican but then again you might not be from the land of the free because of the brave.
    Texashighelf - VR16 Sorcerer EP NA - FILTHY BARBARIAN
    Texasimperial - VR16 Dragonknight EP NA - How do you like your DK?
    Texas'Imperial - VR16 Dragonknight DC NA - How do you like your DK?
    Texas-Imperial - VR16 Templar DC NA - Queue Clogging Lagsploitter
    Texas Highelf - VR16 Sorcerer DC NA - Queue Clogging Lagsploitter
    Texas Imperial - VR16 Nightblade DC NA - Queue Clogging Lagsploitter
    It's a very grey area.
  • Huckdabuck
    Huckdabuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭

*puppy dog eyes* But moooooom, he started it!

Seriously though, I'm here to browse forums and discuss with others who like playing the game. That one openly criticizes the game, makes threads about quitting that get closed, and while supposedly playing another still comes here to comment and argue the same stubborn point in various threads. Yeah... I'm the stalker. *snicker*

See the quote in your own signature....carry on!
    It's a very grey area.
  • Sleepwalker
    Sleepwalker
    ✭✭✭
    Huckdabuck wrote: »

Oh, touche! It was a joke and all, but, ya know... whoooosh. No worries. While I'm doing my push ups, you've got some studying to do.
    Oh and pretty anti-'Murican but then again you might not be from the land of the free because of the brave.

• Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with OP. For all its flaws, the game is still damn good and the launch was sssoooo much smoother than the vast majority of MMO launches I've played.

For every person who comes on the forums to whine about how much they dislike the game or whine how the game isn't bug-free barely 2 months after launch (making it clear they've either never played a game at launch or are just trolling), you've got dozens of people who are too busy playing the game and having fun to post on the forums. Except me, cause I'm at work at the moment or I'd be playing too.
    Edited by Lord_Draevan on 28 May 2014 21:01
    I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
    NA/PC server
  • Huckdabuck
    Huckdabuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh, touche! It was a joke and all, but, ya know... whoooosh. No worries. While I'm doing my push ups, you've got some studying to do.
    Oh and pretty anti-'Murican but then again you might not be from the land of the free because of the brave.

Please tell me the bolded part was you making a joke again and not actually trying to point out that I didn't say "land of the free and the home of the brave"....it's pretty common place for people who support the U.S. military to put "land of the free because of the brave" to show just how much we think of the men and women in uniform and their status as true heros.
    It's a very grey area.