Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Would you like a relaunch?

• MaxBat
    MaxBat
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think ESO suffered near the problems FFXIV did at it's launch. Most things I would consider minor, and certainly not game breaking like the issues FF had. TBH, I really don't see why anyone would compare ESO with that fiasco.

I have to agree with this. ESO has problems, even annoying, aggravating problems, but its not completely game-breaking ... although we're getting pretty close with bot thing.

And there will be no relaunch as Ohioastro said. It would just be way to costly and problematic.
    "Funny that magic doesn't work when a mace caves in your skull."

Playing on a PC, NA Server, since that very first day ...
  • daneyulebub17_ESO
    daneyulebub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would you like a relaunch?

YES! It was awful--chicken salad sandwich AGAIN! And the mayo tasted off.

Oh, sorry! Never mind. (Thought you said relunch.)
    This message confirms that you have successfully cancelled your subscription to The Elder Scrolls Online. You will no longer be charged for a subscription on a recurring basis, and your access to the game will expire at the end of your current subscription cycle.

We're sad to see you go now, but we'll be happy to welcome you back at any time! Whenever you're ready to come back, your characters will be waiting for you, just like you left them. You can return anytime by resubscribing on the Manage Subscription page on your Elder Scrolls Online account.

Please print this email and keep it for your records.
  • Estin
    Estin
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't want this game to be taken down for a year, but probably more for a month. I would like of them to take it down for at least a month to fix and improve this game. One whole month of nothing but fixing this game. That means everybody. Nobody should be working on the consoles. Nobody should be working on new content. Everybody should come together and have the problems evenly distributed and be fixed/improved. Then after a month, they should probably put out an open beta for all players to play with on their current account and report any bugs or unbalances. Then, if needed, keep it down for another week or so and fix any thing needed and relaunch the game. Allow players to play on their current account with nothing lost and reimburse them with days that equal the amount of time the game was down. I can wait a month or two for new content. I cant wait a month or two for fixes that desperately need to be fixed.
  • Fshober28b14_ESO
    Fshober28b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Tarwin wrote: »
    A re-launch would be devastating for ESO. FFXIV got away with it as people left before even getting past level 10. Then came back to a much improved experience. ESO has so many Vets, my guess is they would not re-sub

Exactly. I am VR12 and I fought through some of the worst progress delaying bugs. In fact I am willing to bet I had worse bugs at the start than any of you posting in this threat with the exception of Oxygen_boarder whom I know dealt with some of the same issues.

Relaunch at this point with amount of people at VR1+ and the time it took to get there would be an awful idea.

Like you said, I for one would not resub just to spend another 40 days grinding to get to VR12. No thanks.

I love playing now as a VR12. Fix the bugs and this game is good to go. Relaunch is about the worst idea I have seen on the forums.

Not sure what level you people calling for a relaunch are but I would be curious to know (I am willing to bet most of you calling for relaunch are not even VR1 thus you have not spend nearly as much time developing your toon so its far, far easier for you to just cry relaunch than it is for the thousands of us who already put time into getting high VR level).

I believe there was also a suggestion to allow those veteran payers both literally and figuratively to retain their progress, gold, items upon relaunch as founding players for returning. I seriously doubt if ZoS implemented a relaunch that they would wipe everyone clear and make them start over that played since head start.

Though I did vote for a relaunch, I am also not opposed to remaining and playing either, but for me that will depend on many factors from ZoS. There is a limit, just how far is too far to be willing to go with tolerance. This game's release is only typical and normal in one way, and that's what like another poster mentioned that games being pushed out not finished has become an epidemic.

On one of your other subjects, it's all relative as you mentioned as well. I am sure several people replying here came into ESO after the first month was over and have begun benefitting from the fixes 'WE' who head started all had to scrape and scratch our way through. For quite a lot of us, our first and likely only run through of the game on one main toon was hellish here - and still is and worse with each patch - far outside the norm for a typical mmo(extremely disproportionate than any major mmo title should have)...and we paid them for the opportunity.

Again were not talking about games not having BUGS, for some reason so many of you keep getting yourselves set-focused and stuck on BUGS for some reason. Nobody keeps debating the issue of the existence of bugs and to relaunch because of bugs. This topic isnt about bugs, bugs aren't the basis for this topic ... We All KNOW games inherently have bugs as a part of their process, and we know bugs will get fixed. But, when and how many and how extreme is part of that list of things that make this overall topic about that this game was NOT FINISHED to be LAUNCHED when it was.

Look at the stance ZoS took with the PC and the Console releases. This PC release was pushed back 6 months from its original intended release already to the date we all started this year. Imagine if it was released 6 months prior on their original launch date, they KNEW this game was not ready, and it still wasn't now when they did launch, but they pushed it out anyways. And here we are not more than a couple weeks after their own, yet another push back date but for console now, and they said publicly it wasn't ready for release either. If you don't see wtf is going on here you are truly blind my friend...we all got taken for a ride, and who is left is too hooked/unwilling to let go to see otherwise.

All we can do now is pick up the pieces and either move the eff on or stay and keep tossing money at them. They don't talk to the community, won't be transparent with us, and think it's ok to give us an incomplete project(product) they said and PROMISED by Paul Sage himself in well documented interviews and ZoS videos online that they want to deliver a polished experience to the player, but that's not what transpired.

I have played many mmos and been part of many beta cycles in most of them and I have seen a varying degree of launches swing like a pendulum from one extreme to the other, and by far ESO, in my opinion and my own personal experiences, falls squarely in the Number 2 spot on worst launch right behind FFXIV which still holds that Number 1 title.