Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Would you like a relaunch?

• Ninja_Havoc
    Ninja_Havoc
    Soul Shriven
    I thought this was still beta?
  • BBSooner
    BBSooner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The main problem with XIV that required a relaunch was that it wasn't fun (it kept a nichegroupbut the redesign of all systems is a clear indication of a completely new fiction with the core gameplay). Relaunching a game after a year because of bugs is a terrible solution to a functional (and fun) game, with our without class bugs.

So in short:

Relaunch to completely redesign combat, leveling, group dynamics, class's/jobs, instances content - acceptable.

Relaunch to fix bugs - unacceptable.
  • madfeldoreb17_ESO

MORE POLLS TODAY??!?!?!?! YUUUUUUUUUM!

Indeed it is so...

PS. Sorry used your signature.

Cheers...
  • necrolineage
    necrolineage
    ✭✭✭
    Bring it down and refund !
  • madfeldoreb17_ESO
    Laura wrote: »
    Leggit wrote: »
    can we have this poll launched into deep space? maybe somewhere near Uranus :)

why of course, I had Uranus in mind when I posted it

:D both!

Ah but don't we need a rocket for that? Or is there some magic we could use, powerful enough? Need a Sorc. perhaps. Could ask the flying bots for help also.

Cheers...
    Edited by madfeldoreb17_ESO on 23 May 2014 15:26
  • Blackwidow
    Blackwidow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I hate polls that don't just let you say yes or no.

Yes, but I think fat chicks are hot.

No, but I do hate cats.

Maybe, and chocolate is my favorite number.

Seriously, what is with all the comments on the yes and no's??

To answer the poll the way I would like:

No. Why give them a chance to screw the game up again?
    Edited by Blackwidow on 23 May 2014 15:26
  • Willow
    Willow
    ✭✭✭
    I think the game is fine . I do play solo most times and treat this more of a TES game with the added enhancement of playing with others. I do not rush to end game and I like the quests.
  • madfeldoreb17_ESO

You know, even though I don't think this is still beta, I do have the launcher still named as such - in the program group:

"The Elder Scrolls Online Beta" that what it says... and via that I start the game.
    :)

Cheers...
  • Lodestar
    Lodestar
    ✭✭✭✭

You know, even though I don't think this is still beta, I do have the launcher still named as such - in the program group:

"The Elder Scrolls Online Beta" that what it says... and via that I start the game.
    :)

Cheers...

LOL come to mention it so do I.
  • hk11
    hk11
    ✭✭✭✭
    worked for final fantasy
  • alphawolph
    alphawolph
    ✭✭✭
    They would never see me or my money again if they restarted.
    Edited by alphawolph on 23 May 2014 17:24
  • Vannor
    Vannor
    ✭✭
    I seem to be playing a different game to everyone else on these forums (my guild members are all fine with game as well) . First char is progressing in Vet levels, second is mid teens. No real problems, nothing to worry about anyway. Bugs are few and far between and certainly nothing game breaking. So yes, I'm happy with the game as it is.
  • Lodestar
    Lodestar
    ✭✭✭✭
    I seem to be playing a different game to everyone else on these forums (my guild members are all fine with game as well) . First char is progressing in Vet levels, second is mid teens. No real problems, nothing to worry about anyway. Bugs are few and far between and certainly nothing game breaking. So yes, I'm happy with the game as it is.

Bugs, are not few and far between. You just maybe have been very fortunate, or do not notice them, or feel they are not significant to you personally to put you off.

Bugs being what they are, I can go for a while without having anything significant though, I can miss them myself anyway. They are temperamental things are bugs. Yesterday I bugged out a lot. Was sods law. That non combat bug got me more than once. I can play a few hours without getting it once.

They are there, and if they happen enough, it can get you down.
  • davidetombab16_ESO
    davidetombab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    in the fact this game is a fail, revamp is the best choise.
  • ThreeEyedCrow
    ThreeEyedCrow
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely not.

After grinding to max level after over a month of gameplay, if they decided to relaunch the game I would instantly cancel subscription and bombard their customer service.

Whatever the problems someone might have, relaunching the game and WIPING hundreds of thousands of customers progress would be about the worst thing to do.

It would ruin the game.

No clue why anyone would want a relaunch.
    V12 Corporal

Victoria Concordia Crescit
  • Khandi
    Khandi
    ✭✭✭

MORE POLLS TODAY??!?!?!?! YUUUUUUUUUM!

Polls and Bot threads....

One should always be in love. That is the reason one should never marry.

~Oscar Wilde

• felixgamingx1
    felixgamingx1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bring this game back to square zero. That's a huge improvement. I'm serious!
  • PF1901
    PF1901
    ✭✭✭
    Could I have a "double no" option for this bs proposal?
  • steveb16_ESO46
    steveb16_ESO46
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless there's a dramatic change of direction and an equally dramatic rise in quality there will be a relaunch. When it goes Free To Play.

That's something I certainly don't want. I want this game to be a huge success as a sub game.

I just feel some pretty drastic rethinks about a lot of features, implementations and workings of the phase system is needed for that to be realistic.

This might be one of those times when a 'New Game Experience' just might be a good thing.
  • Fshober28b14_ESO
    Fshober28b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    You people that voted NO, are out of your damn mind..

Those that voted NO, are most assuredly mostly major fan boys and even some general mmo players as well that have been following ESO for a while now, and had been very eagerly anticipating this game. They are a large number, more then I am sure we could guess, and I suspect are the bulk of the remaining community at this point. They are frankly quite willing to punish themselves and push through all this pain and continued crisis for a 'pushed-out-too-soon' launch.

So take the poll numbers with a grain of salt....but it's still nice to see where the bulk opinion falls. The 'relaunch' option is definitely gaining some ground on the 'no' option. In the end, if ZoS is watching this poll, and the poll closes 50/50 between no relaunch and a relaunch, it would be interesting to see what they would do.
    Edited by Fshober28b14_ESO on 28 May 2014 16:33
  • Ohioastro
    Ohioastro
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is no universe where a relaunch happens. This thread is the rough equivalent of arguing whether Spiderman could beat Superman - fun, I suppose, but not germane to the world we live in.
  • Trouvo
    Trouvo
    ✭✭✭
    So basically what people are wanting, those in support of the OP, is to get to play for free for a period of time and get a special item? Because they are already putting out the fixes, they are adding content already, and the only real difference between what they have already said is planned and what FFXIV did was we are still subbed and its not officially down for relaunch?

In both cases we would still be playing
    In both cases they would still be adding content
    In both cases the game gets better
    In one case we dont have to pay
    In both cases they state they are fixing things
    In one case they state they made mistakes
    In both cases we get exclusive pets (dat beta monkey XD)

I fail to see any real worthwhile difference as a consumer other than getting to play for free for a while.
    Bloodline|RP Guild|Ebonheart Pact
  • InspectorGanja
    InspectorGanja
    ✭✭✭
    How about they dissapear like it never existed.
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't
  • Swordguy
    Swordguy
    ✭✭✭
    very few mmo's are without bugs, and really, the 90/10 approach (the first 90% of efficiency takes 10% of the effort that the last 10% requires) is all we can ask for, in order for new content to keep rolling out on schedule. Every mmo that I've seen get too far behind schedule with content have crumpled like a train hitting a wall.

Taking down the game to enhance the game and add more content is not the right approach, as it is apparent that whatever testing they employed/used before and after launch is letting huge bugs/sploits through. at best, we would have more content and features, or no new content, but instead an itemshop and a new business model. Too many people are hoping for too many things, but the truth is that game development for ESO will progress organically, and take the path of least resistance/cost, and few people will actually have a say in how this all transpires, and they cannot please everyone... not even WoW does, not by a long shot.
    Edited by Swordguy on 28 May 2014 16:36
    IN SOVIET RUSSIA, GUN LOADS YOU!

Do you Troll bait?

Support Soundcloud, its' artists and listen to millions of free tracks...
    Like Mine! ---> https://soundcloud.com/swordguy/party-in-the-dui
    Or This Brilliant Track ----> https://soundcloud.com/teknolog1st/cstriker
  • oxygen_boarderb16_ESO
    NO To relaunch, NO to oppression, YES to logging in.
    Toktok - Vet8 Orc Templar - 2 Hand, Medium/Heavy Armor Grunt - Blacksmith/Clothier/Enchanter/Alchemist
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's funny how when you enjoy this game, you're labelled a "fanboy" and dismissed. Wonderfully hilarious.
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • Fshober28b14_ESO
    Fshober28b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    One more thought...the timing on this poll...Had this poll been asked about 2-3 weeks ago, just as the first month ended the result would have been dramatically different. A ton of players have since made an exodus from ESO, and I guarantee that if they were still here the true results would have shown in massive favor of a relaunch...hands down.

Oh, and before some of you try to jump me by saying I'm just being speculative. Know this...In our guild alone, we bled over 60% of our guildmates in the first month. Our alliance of 7 guilds also lost 50% or more of their members in the first month. We are hearing the live discussions in RaidCall, Vent, TS, Mumble every day. The dissatisfaction of this game is painfully obvious to everyone. The writing is on the wall and It's on the game news and articles and live game news shows from many game journalists and legitimate fair respected game reviewers for months now, and it's not getting better.

People jumped this sinking ship a looooong time ago, and I can't pay friends or guild-mates that left to come back, nor can I convince anyone that hasn't yet gotten into ESO to even consider trying it. Everywhere I go and I mention ESO, the first damned thing out of everyone mouth every single blessed time is...'Oh I heard that game is terrible', and what's sad is they aren't wrong. I wish I could honestly sit here and say this is just typical small time 'over-bloated' band-wagon mmo bashing, but I think we all know that's not the case here.

Even those that would never publicly admit it (Just because you're more stubborn, or unwilling to relent to the truth of what's right in front of you and recognize the reality of the state of this game) that are huge fans and even apologists for this game...and you all know who you are....in the back of your mind you know it too....ESO DESPERATELY NEEDS A RELAUNCH.
    Edited by Fshober28b14_ESO on 28 May 2014 17:05
  • Fshober28b14_ESO
    Fshober28b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    JD2013 wrote: »
    It's funny how when you enjoy this game, you're labelled a "fanboy" and dismissed. Wonderfully hilarious.

I don't think anyone is terming anyone a fan boy based off the single basis of just 'enjoying' the game. And to this topic at hand, being a 'fan boy' and what it actually means to be a 'fan boy' (which is a fanatical player with a disproportionate interest for the game compared to the average player), is relevant to here because of how that will reflect in the numbers. So where you got 'dismissed' because of being a 'fan boy' fails to meet logic as to how you came to this conclusion.

Of course, I could just say you made it easy to read who you are.... that you're a fan boy thats over sensitive to this poll....and thus living up to your title =] kudos!

• JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JD2013 wrote: »

I don't think anyone is terming anyone a fan boy based off the single basis of just 'enjoying' the game. And to this topic at hand, being a 'fan boy' and what it actually means to be a 'fan boy' (which is a fanatical player with a disproportionate interest for the game compared to the average player), is relevant to here because of how that will reflect in the numbers. So where you got 'dismissed' because of being a 'fan boy' fails to meet logic as to how you came to this conclusion.

Of course, I could just say you made it easy to read who you are.... that you're a fan boy thats over sensitive to this poll....and thus living up to your title =] kudos!

Kudos on such a great reply. You must feel very proud of yourself :-)

I am a fan of the game. I also know it has problems. But I don't let that ruin my enjoyment of the game, as I've been very lucky and encountered very few problems. A relaunch is not the answer.
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • oxygen_boarderb16_ESO
    One more thought...the timing on this poll...Had this poll been asked about 2-3 weeks ago, just as the first month ended the result would have been dramatically different. A ton of players have since made an exodus from ESO, and I guarantee that if they were still here the true results would have shown in massive favor of a relaunch...hands down.

Forum polls are a reflections of exactly what community you are polling. The sample size is minuscule, you can't extrapolate it to be relevant and even if you do, your sample size is biased based on the type of people who come to the forums in the first place. Which may not reflect the actual majority that play the game.

Heck even in politics, turn out rates for voting is ~ 50%, and most of those people can't agree with any certainty on the same direction. Which means, a very small fraction of the population actually agree on one direction.

Same problem plagues MMOs.
    Toktok - Vet8 Orc Templar - 2 Hand, Medium/Heavy Armor Grunt - Blacksmith/Clothier/Enchanter/Alchemist