Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Would you like a relaunch?

Laura
Laura
✭✭✭✭✭
This poll is anonymous meaning nobody will see your answer so feel free to give your honest opinion.

My personal opinion on this I'll leave out of this discussion this is mostly brought up because I see it discussed a lot in my guilds and on the forums. In case you didn't know I'm talking about FFXIV. When FFXIV came out it wasn't nearly up to the standards people expected so they brought it down for I think a little over a year and put it back out up to everyone's standards and has sense been VERY successful (I think they are close to 2 million sustained subs which isn't bad)

Do you think ESO would do better with this?

Adding more ES tennants: Justice system, housing, more open world, more guilds, and ETC.

More things people expect in MMOs: Better grouping tools, phasing issues fixed, and etc

More polished content: Less bugs, fixed nightblades, more fleshed out end game for more types of players, and etc.

And the plethora of other issues people seem to have with the game.

So - should ZoS take the game down for say a year, reward current subscribers (I think FFXIV let people keep some of there stuff gold and gave them an exclusive mount and title and gave them the reluanched game free), have a HUGE open beta where people can actually test the game (not that get to 15 nonsense)
Edited by Laura on 23 May 2014 08:17

Would you like a relaunch? 449 votes

I think its OK the way it is and fixes come at a steady enough pace.
58% 263 votes
Its too soon for me to tell but i'm leaning in the direction of... (post)
3% 17 votes
I say bring it down apologize and relaunch it when its ready however long that takes.
33% 152 votes
I have a better idea! (other - post)
3% 17 votes
  • TheGrandAlliance
    TheGrandAlliance
    ✭✭✭✭

MORE POLLS TODAY??!?!?!?! YUUUUUUUUUM!
    Edited by TheGrandAlliance on 23 May 2014 08:18
    Indeed it is so...
  • Phantax
    Phantax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No need for anonymity, I voted bring it down.
    Better to fix the issue than knowingly release a faulty patch onto a server !
    High Elf Sorcerer VR12 - Destro / Resto Staff
    I'm a werewolf. If you vamps don't like it.... Bite me !
    We're not retreating... we're advancing in a different direction !
  • Leggit
    Leggit
    ✭✭
    can we have this poll launched into deep space? maybe somewhere near Uranus :)
  • Laura
    Laura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leggit wrote: »

why of course, I had Uranus in mind when I posted it
  • Requiemslove
    Requiemslove
    ✭✭✭
    A re-launch for me would solve nothing. The biggest issue with ESO is its dual personality. This is something I feel can be fixed via updates and fixes. Taking the game down for a year will do nothing because no matter what they do it wont be great for everyone. ESO has hard-core MMO fans and sandbox/open world ES series lovers alike. Some, who only done one or the other. I feel some of the issues people mention are due to this. Only with knowing MMOs and knowing previous ES titles well, comes understanding. IF the game was taken down for a year and re-launched open beta would have to be a mandatory thing, offered to all subscribers. [while subscription is frozen and subbers given say a 3 month free sub when the game goes back live] for me though it is not an option, the best way for the developers to fix the games many issues, is on the field.
  • Phantax
    Phantax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Laura wrote: »
    Leggit wrote: »

Although not strictly 'on topic' you two guys just made me smile...lol
    High Elf Sorcerer VR12 - Destro / Resto Staff
    I'm a werewolf. If you vamps don't like it.... Bite me !
    We're not retreating... we're advancing in a different direction !
  • Sarevok
    Sarevok
    ✭✭
    I'm getting flashbacks on what happened with Final fantasy 14 1.0. Would not surprise me if the same thing happens to ESO if they stay on the current path.
  • Ardeni
    Ardeni
    ✭✭
    I am sure that they won't do a relaunch. They would lose a few subscription months (at least) and there still are people who enjoy the game as it is.

Personally I wouldn't even continue to play after a relaunch if all the character data and the such would be wiped (as I assume would be the case). Having played through the starting zones of AD three times already, I really couldn't bother to do it again. Having to do all the crafting and etc again (I have four professions at 50 and two at ~40) would not really be to my liking. Besides all this, I don't even really find the bugs (prior to today's patch) have a big impact in my game.
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look , i dont like the idea of bringing this down , but zen is really going under here.

Todays patch had more things did not tell us on the patch notes than the actual changes.

So now we get to 2 options:

1) Zen is trying to toss "fixes" in the game and expecting us to not notice, which is ridiculous , any vet player could notice the dif ...

2)Zen actually had no idea this would happen , but when they patched something went wrong and we have the current mess.

Eitherway , this game did not get good reviews , now , if players quit , it will get even more bad public opinion. This is their first big patch and they manage to actually lose players that the patch was meant for?

Anyway , today , they said nothing about these "extra fixes" they did to the game , i do hope that tomorrow , they decide to say something about it.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • Lovely
    Lovely
    ✭✭✭
    No, I... I had a lot of hopes for this game. I have been going out of my mind trying to convince my friends to stick with it and they all slowly quit. Only my man left and he's been arguing to quit for ages now. There is nothing special about this game, no feature that can redeem the frustration it has brought. This is no longer about bugs, the whole of it is lacking, unimpressive and irritating. I'm tired.
  • skarvika
    skarvika
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, I really don't know. I would say yes, but the questing feels too much like a slow, unrewarding grind for me to want to do it all over again.
    If we could keep our current characters, or they hypothetically made quests feel more rewarding, climactic and engaging, then yes. I think that would be necessary.
    Games being released before they're ready is an epidemic in the gaming industry these days. I'm willing to wait longer for a complete, satisfying experience. If that meant the game was taken down for another year and perfected, I wouldn't have a problem.
    QQing is a full time job
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look , i dont like the idea of bringing this down , but zen is really going under here.

Todays patch had more things did not tell us on the patch notes than the actual changes.

So now we get to 2 options:

1) Zen is trying to toss "fixes" in the game and expecting us to not notice, which is ridiculous , any vet player could notice the dif ...

2)Zen actually had no idea this would happen , but when they patched something went wrong and we have the current mess.

Eitherway , this game did not get good reviews , now , if players quit , it will get even more bad public opinion. This is their first big patch and they manage to actually lose players that the patch was meant for?

Anyway , today , they said nothing about these "extra fixes" they did to the game , i do hope that tomorrow , they decide to say something about it.

1 is absurd, yes it makes lots of sense that mob is more powerful than bosses.

2 is pretty accurate, its pretty common that new content brings more bugs.

Main problem is that they don't come out and say that its an bug like the crash and rollback one who will be hot patches.

Now to increase chaos add the standard conspiracy theory forum idiots who think that making mobs harder than the bosses they stand in front is something planned.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Bunku
    Bunku
    Soul Shriven
    Would have picked 1. option but picked 3. because: their fixes aint working / they are slow / they dont hotfix the important shiet / their fixes only bring more problems / they dont get what transparency means ie stuff done and not said in patchnotes.
  • Paske
    Paske
    ✭✭✭✭
    Would you like to reinvent cars ?

They are noisy, expensive and polute too much.

Answer this poll. After that we shall simply disband all car production and make a better car.

YAY !
  • steveb16_ESO46
    steveb16_ESO46
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a game I'm enjoying despite a whole lot of issues.

However those issues - which range from botting, through the ridiculous lack of plot and dungeon instancing through to the many obstacles the phasing and group implementations throws in the way of playing in groups with friends - are so big they have holed the game below the water-line when it comes to mass appeal.

There will be a relaunch in 6 months. When it goes FTP because this game was released way too early with some frankly bizarre implementation decisions that should never have got beyond preliminary discussion.

I mean - who in their right minds releases an MMO that goes so far above and beyond to stop people playing together unless they've marched in lock-step through the plot?

People should be able to group with whoever they please at any stage for anything. If people want to bring a friend to help they should be able to. If people don't want to do a plot location with 3 dozen other 'lone heroes' they should be able to. And if people want to do any public dungeon as an instance rather than as part of a rampaging mob they should be able to.

Relaunch the game in 6 months as a serious MMO that expands rather than restricts options. The watchword should be 'choice'.

While they are at it they should shamelessly steal the GW2 system of levelling down players to the level range of the area so you can group up and have fun in any dungeon rather than being over-powered.

Edited by steveb16_ESO46 on 23 May 2014 09:18
  • Nickdorlandb16_ESO
    Nickdorlandb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    You people that voted NO, are out of your damn mind..
  • Inemos
    Inemos
    Soul Shriven
    They need to put a big, fat, bright red "BETA" into the name, stop accepting new subs until the bot problem is fixed, stop charging current subscribers and give them a nice bonus (pretty much what SOE did with FFXIV).

Once the bot situation is under control they can still sell boxes as a "buy to play" game with subscription fees coming later (again, just like FFXIV), so revenue doesn't stop completely.

Then they can sit down, stop panicking and actually fix the game.
    After 3-6 months (I don't think it would take as long as FF, large parts of this game work as "an Elder Scrolls game with some multiplayer thrown in haphazardly") they can "relaunch".

That said, I know this is wishful thinking and not going to happen.

Because I am still in the leveling phase (high 30s) I am still enjoying large parts of the game. I know that this will probably stop sooner or later when the bugs, annoyances and questionable design decisions get the better of me.
    In its current state I will probably continue playing until my prepaid sub runs out and move on, not looking back. I am usually not the MMO-hopping type, when I start a new MMO I tend to stick around for a couple of years. That is not going to happen here considering the current state of the game and the way it is being run into the ground.
  • Karizza
    Karizza
    I was enjoying the game quite a bit. There are many bugs and exploits which seem to plague every game release. I am more concerned that the balance between stamina based attacks and magic based attacks is lacking. Magic based, rules stamina base across the boards. Sword and Board could deflect some of that magic base attacks but after the patch the damage from both is way off what it was. It feels like swinging a tooth pick against Goliath. The game is definitely out of balance ranged/melee and I believe the latest patch has exasperated the problem.
    I had enjoyed being sword and board and tried the dual wield build as well. The current situation is you have to be a fire mage build to survive in the game because stamina builds can not compete. So I say yes the game needs a lot of fixes. I do not see this patch as a fix but actually a device that widened the gap even further between stamina/magic. This patch should probably be rolled back and balancing should be given to any changes in the future. If everyone wants to be a fire mage the game is perfect. If everyone wants the other builds to be competitive, then massive changes need to be made.
  • Zaxq
    Zaxq
    ✭✭✭
    Dammit.

I thought you said Lunch.

• Leggit
    Leggit
    ✭✭
    Laura wrote: »

thx i'm pretty sure it came from Uranus... so lets send it back home ;)
  • zombie2kornout
    Zaxq wrote: »
    Dammit.

They could use some Lego Utilization for Negating Crisis Hierarchies to fix the game. ;)
  • damonpeltob14_ESO
    damonpeltob14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Zaxq wrote: »
    Dammit.

this game is a pile of tacobell tacos final fantasy 14 was what happens after you eat that pile of tacos
  • rawne1980b16_ESO
    rawne1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I voted for bringing it down.

It's got a long way to go and these "fixes" seem to break more than they mend.

In some games, on patch days, people try to find what was broken for a giggle. Here we are trying to find what hasn't been broken so we can play.
  • woutervanjellob16_ESO
    woutervanjellob16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Please, break it down. I love the game but we need a relaunch. To many bugs, bots. To many weird fixes. To many bugs that have been with us in beta.. I love ES but this is not ES and this is not an MMO.
  • Aci
    Aci
    ✭✭✭
    Make ESO2 !!!
    With nice grouping this time and less lag.
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    With the Templar nerf I might as well start over anyway, so why not?
  • Mothanos
    Mothanos
    ✭✭✭
    Bring it down and do the same as Noaki Yoshida did and bring it back up after 1 year.
    To me it seems letting this game online is doing extreme damage.
    Sure there are people that keep paying and playing, but the people that are leaving might leave with a sour taste and never purchase a product from Zenimax again.
    Only Zenimax has official current box sales and numbers, but you are a fool if you think this game is keeping a good amount of people subbed.
    And with this patch ? i think it going for a total meltdown.....
    Only the most hardcore fans will remain subbed.

Leaving this mmo with a pathetic amount of sub numbers and die a slow death like Warhammer Online had.
    But i might be wrong and ESO has 20 millions subs and Zenimax is doing a fantastic job and made the best mmo ever !
    Only Zenimax knows......and the people who have been there before......
    Edited by Mothanos on 23 May 2014 12:44
  • niocwy
    niocwy
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think that a relaunch is a good solution. But I'm starting to think that they don't fix things quickly enough. Or actually fix things. The 1.1.2 update has some serious issues.
    I just wish there were more people working on fixing things.
    Look at my profile picture. Visualize that muffin...smelling it...taking a bite...
    Are you hungry now ?
    Good.
  • Lodestar
    Lodestar
    ✭✭✭✭
    No game is without bugs. No getting away from that. In fact, anything in life is not perfect. So, many things require a margin of error. Games and particularly MMOs

But, that is the key here isn't it? Error margins. The parameter which we allow for mistakes and imperfections. This means we allow for a certain amount glitches, mistakes and so on.

A certain amount of error here is what is allowed for. That is the issue many of us not happy with the state of the game are making. We knew it would not be perfect, and have its *** ups. especially, those of us who played MMOs at launch before. It is how below the threshold we as paying customers feel we should accept.

Very few businesses have such a lack of accountability as gaming software. What we are asking for is for that to change and more accountability be made. So far the most accountability seems to go from game software companies to their investors, than it does to their customers. That is quite perverse.

This thread is another such symptom of that. We would like to feel we got our moneys worth from the game, and looking at the comments and polls, an alarming amount seem to feel they are less than happy they got an acceptably finished product.

Not all of those people will have been reasonable. But, I think a majority of them are. What this thread is about, is accountability. And for me it echoes the continued lack of it by game software companies.

So to take some accountability, should ZOS copy the same plan as the recent FF MMO? Well would be nice in principle, and I thought yes at first. But seeing comments about not wanting to do all the questing over again months later. I think that is not the way to go. Even if, I myself, would be ok with that.

I definitely think Zenimax, ought to show accountability for those of us, who paid a fair amount of money, to not receive a product that does not seem ready for release now, let alone at time of launch. Extra time added to our accounts perhaps, or something.
  • KitLightning
    KitLightning
    ✭✭✭✭
    cup__o__java_by_kitlightning-d6t9has.gif
    "I'd rather be insane in a sane world, than sane in an insane world!" ~Me
    Warning - This is a spoiler and looking at it for too long may cause irrecoverable eyesight issues.
    ◔̯◔

MechWarrior: Living Legends – Total conversion modification for Crysis Wars.

kitlightning.deviantart