Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Video of Nightblade SOLOING VR Spindleclutch dungeon

• AinGeal
    AinGeal
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the build advice lol. Gunna try it when I get home.

No problem :)
  • Daendur
    Daendur
    ✭✭✭
    ahahaha a VR10 NB, taking ages to kill some trash mobs in a VR1 dungeon, exploiting a bug ... nice video. NB are seriously OP... lol.

Can we go back serious now ?

The only thing that this video show is how bad NB's skills are bugged.
    Edited by Daendur on 27 May 2014 13:14
  • monkeymystic
    monkeymystic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daendur wrote: »
    ahahaha a VR10 NB, taking ages to kill some trash mobs in a VR1 dungeon, exploiting a bug ... nice video. NB are seriously OP... lol.

He doesn't even use Destro + Resto. If he did, it would have been faceroll.

I have seen destro/resto nightblades do this in craglorn, and it should not be possible to "reset" mobs like this.
    If you disagree, it sounds like you use this yourself?
  • BSGDevastator
    BSGDevastator
    ✭✭✭
    LMAO, watching you have a public melt down has become the highlight of my morning.

I just saw a Nightblade do this ingame, in Craglorn.
    You seriously think it's "fine" because you play a Nightblade and exploit it yourself?

It's not fine, and should be fixed quick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pODBGHKF2VU

DK soloing Craglorn. There. Now stop talking nonsense and get your hands off my beloved Nightblade you filthy hobbit.
    Edited by BSGDevastator on 27 May 2014 13:36
    V̜͚͂ͭͤ̈̌̽̏̈́̄͘͘͝ͅR̮͓͙̪̤᷊̭̯̉᷅̆̈́́̂̕1̴̖͓̹͔᷿͇̬̍̒̿ͤ̽̈́͠ ̧̙͉̪̤̙̫᷃͊̋̍̆̋ͧͭV̨̛̺̟̥ͫ̆᷅̄͊̑͌̃̓͟ą̵̩̠̒ͪ᷅̒ͫ͗̆ͨ᷈ͪ͠m̢̜̰͔᷂̱̀᷆ͤ͛̌͊᷇̈́̚p̡̺̼͕̣ͧͬͪͮ᷄̍̈̍̂͌į̠̦̖̰͚̒᷇̃̾ͪ͊ͧ̚͞r̟͈̣̭̂᷃̊̍̂͗̈̏᷾͗ͧe͢͏̗̱͚̥̜͙ͭ̃̒̋ͬ͢͞ ̴̺̼͇͂̿᷄̂̓ͤ͒̒̃͋͢N̝̯̹̩̰̼̑̿᷄᷉̃᷀̋ͩ͋ǐ̧̮̮̮͖̘̓͋̌᷅͆᷈̕ͅǵ͇̲͉̝̠̮͐̐̃ͯͫ᷾ͦ͟h̸͈̹̘̭̯̝̺͎͖̏ͬ̑̅̿t̪̠͎̲᷈͂ͯ̊ͭ᷇̀͗̅̕͠b̟᷊̻̹̝̑̌᷆᷁̂̃̈́ͩ͘͞l̠͙̻̪̣ͭ̿ͧͧ̈͛͛̒̓ͤa̡̛͈̠͇͚̮̬̔́̏̎̒͂̏ḓ̸͈̗͔̇̔̽͏̵̪̔ͪͨͥę͇͇̘̺̞̈᷈̒͐̂ͯ᷈ͩ͡
  • Daendur
    Daendur
    ✭✭✭
    Daendur wrote: »

He doesn't even use Destro + Resto. If he did, it would have been faceroll.

I have seen destro/resto nightblades do this in craglorn, and it should not be possible to "reset" mobs like this.
    If you disagree, it sounds like you use this yourself?

what he basically does is using a bug that prevents mobs from attacking him while he does basic attacks to refill magika.
    using destro/resto staff does not help since destro/resto skills use magika that is needed to stealth. miss 1 stealth = die.

is it correct that mobs get bugged and don't attack even if he's out of stealth? No

does this make NB OP? No

if they do it in craglorn it's ok, since it will probably be the only way NBs have to do craglorn.... you know, NBs don't get group.
  • Zaxq
    Zaxq
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like someone is trying to deflect attention from his DK.

Post it again somewhere.
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play a nightblade. I don't think I have the energy to try to do something like this solo for that length of time.
  • monkeymystic
    monkeymystic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When a NB can walk in without any brains at all, and just reset mobs like this, its not good.

This method requires zero skill or brains, it simply reset mobs and you finish them off.

It's funny how Nightblades are trying to defend this like crazy and say its "fiiiine" while they cry about nerfs to all the other classes.

Nightblades should get buffed, but they have to fix unintended stuff like this as well!
    Edited by monkeymystic on 27 May 2014 15:12
  • Zaxq
    Zaxq
    ✭✭✭
    When a NB can walk in without any brains at all, and just reset mobs like this, its not good.

This method requires zero skill or brains, it simply reset mobs and you finish them off.

It's funny how Nightblades are trying to defend this like crazy and say its "fiiiine" while they cry about nerfs to all the other classes.
    Hypocrite much?

P.S. stop posting everything in bold.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Flaming]
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on 27 May 2014 14:49
  • AinGeal
    AinGeal
    ✭✭✭
    [Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Spamming]
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on 27 May 2014 15:14
  • monkeymystic
    monkeymystic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How can people disagree that this is not an intended use of a skill?
    Try to look at this with non-NB eyes.

I think Nightblades should get buffed and some love as a class, but they also need to fix bugs like this!
    Edited by monkeymystic on 27 May 2014 14:46
  • ZOS_HugoP
    ZOS_HugoP
    ✭✭✭
    Greetings folks,

We would like to remind you that you have to stay respectful of each other opinions when posting on the forums.

It's fully understandable to disagree with someone. However, we ask you to elaborate your opinions in a more constructive and respectful way.

We recommend you to read our Code of Conduct, and this thread: How To Be an ESO Community Hero, to know what we expect from our community members.

Thank you!
    The Elder Scrolls Online Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • monkeymystic
    monkeymystic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's nice to see an official response in the thread, so we know you are aware :)

What I hope and believe the devs can do is to buff/tune Nightblades just enough so they can stand on their legs as good as the rest, but without bugs like the one in the video, which is clearly unintended.
    Edited by monkeymystic on 27 May 2014 15:03
  • Zaxq
    Zaxq
    ✭✭✭
    [Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Flaming]
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on 27 May 2014 15:55
  • Zaxq
    Zaxq
    ✭✭✭
    [Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Spamming]
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on 27 May 2014 15:59
  • davidetombab16_ESO
    davidetombab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    stealth bug was fixed in the last patch, now nighblade is totally crap.
    here a DK solo trial craglorn post patch 1.1.2
  • monkeymystic
    monkeymystic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That video above is possible because of the current Spirit Siphon (resto ability) gives back magicka from ticks on several abilities, which in return gives unlimited magicka.
    You need destro + resto + Spirit Siphon for this.

This is also why I have said that they should fix Spirit Siphon to work the same way they nerfed/fixed Elemental Drain from working with dots and toggle abilities.
    Edited by monkeymystic on 27 May 2014 15:57
  • davidetombab16_ESO
    davidetombab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    bla bla bla bla I think u are just a stupid blind man
  • Ithug
    Ithug
    ✭✭

Watch this DK[/quote]

How is he regen mana that fast...

*Kal Vas Flam*
    - "You better run..."

Can. Qc* IGN @Ithug
  • monkeymystic
    monkeymystic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ithug wrote: »
    Watch this DK

How is he regen mana that fast...

That was with elemental drain before the 1.1 patch, which is why they fixed elemental drain to not trigger on dots/toggles etc so it's no longer possible.

Right now Spirit Siphon (resto staff) does the exact same thing as Elemental Drain did before, which gives Destro/resto staff builds unlimited magicka together with the resto ability Spirit Siphon.
    Edited by monkeymystic on 27 May 2014 16:10
  • Jaxom
    Jaxom
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to see some constructive ideas from out OP. All he does is post the same rubbish in every thread. Please tell me how you would fix this, because all I see is someone complaining for the sake of complaining. I noticed how you deflected all of my questions to you. Give us a solution or close the thread.
  • monkeymystic
    monkeymystic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaxom wrote: »
    I'd like to see some constructive ideas from out OP. All he does is post the same rubbish in every thread. Please tell me how you would fix this, because all I see is someone complaining for the sake of complaining. I noticed how you deflected all of my questions to you. Give us a solution or close the thread.

The thread is to let zenimax be aware of this bug, so they can make ideas how to fix it (that is what developers do).

Here's a constructive idea however:

Only in dungeon/raids:

Make it so cloak only works if there is another player nearby, so that the mobs swap aggro to that other player when the NB use cloak.
    If there is no other player nearby, the mobs will keep attacking the NB using cloak, instead of switching targets.

Then NBs can still cloak like normal outside dungeons/raids like before.
    Edited by monkeymystic on 27 May 2014 16:39
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah the OP is absolutely right, we simply cannot have a NB soloing content that's 8 levels BELOW him, but we need a DK to solo a TWELVE player RAID. Lol, the OP and this thread is a joke, props to that NB though.
  • Dayv
    Dayv
    ✭✭✭✭
    I honestly don't see how this is worthy of all the bold text. Wow, someone can solo a dungeon very slowly. Is it really impacting on anyone else? I won't lose sleep over it. I really wish people would stop screaming for nerfs at the moment, with the current state of abilities in the game it makes much more sense to just get them all working as they say they should. At that point, we can start worrying about unfair advantages and class balancing. Changing things around before the foundations are even correct is only going to slow the balancing process down.
  • monkeymystic
    monkeymystic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dayv wrote: »
    I honestly don't see how this is worthy of all the bold text. Wow, someone can solo a dungeon very slowly. Is it really impacting on anyone else? I won't lose sleep over it. I really wish people would stop screaming for nerfs at the moment, with the current state of abilities in the game it makes much more sense to just get them all working as they say they should. At that point, we can start worrying about unfair advantages and class balancing. Changing things around before the foundations are even correct is only going to slow the balancing process down.

It's not anything wrong with soloing that content, but it's the *way* he does it.

It is not intended to reset mobs to death. And it requires zero skill.

That's the point of the thread.

It would be better if the NB could do it in an intended way instead, which required skills, don't you agree?
    Edited by monkeymystic on 27 May 2014 16:54
  • Dayv
    Dayv
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dayv wrote: »

It's not anything wrong with soloing that content, but it's the *way* he does it.

It is not intended to reset mobs to death. And it requires zero skill.

That's the point of the thread.

It would be better if the NB could do it in an intended way instead, which required skills, don't you agree?

I don't really know what an intended way is. This is a game where emergent behaviour comes about. I won't be choosing to do this with my NB because it would bore me to tears. I'm finding it really difficult to understand why you have such a bee in your bonnet about it. There's a ton of things need the devs attention before this does. Does it actually impact you in any way? I don't want devs wasting precious time on this when I get stuck in scenery, or I can't complete a quest because an npc is missing or keep dying because the mobs are massively more powerful than they are supposed to be. I don't know what game you've been playing if you think this is high priority.
  • Jaxom
    Jaxom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jaxom wrote: »

The thread is to let zenimax be aware of this bug, so they can make ideas how to fix it (that is what developers do).

Here's a constructive idea however:

Only in dungeon/raids:

Make it so cloak only works if there is another player nearby, so that the mobs swap aggro to that other player when the NB use cloak.
    If there is no other player nearby, the mobs will keep attacking the NB using cloak, instead of switching targets.

Then NBs can still cloak like normal outside dungeons/raids like before.

Despite that I disagree with your vendetta against the most broken and underpowered class this game has, if that is how they choose to fix it, I'd be OK with it. As long as it's just 4/12 man dungeons. If they did that to delves, ect, it would ruin the class even more.

I still think they have bigger fish to fry and this "OP-ness" as you put it, has got to be very low on the totem pole. I'd say, let's fix skills and passives that don't work first (you know, give us a working class), then tweak skills. Having a NB severely overgeared and overleveled, beat a 4 man dungeon (Vr 1-5) in 2 hours, really isn't all that impressive. I honestly think you would have more fun in Guild Wars 2 where no matter what level you are, the dungeons scale to you.
  • Fruity_Ninja
    Fruity_Ninja
    ✭✭✭
    So now MB are the new OP class?

I knew it!!
  • NerfEverything
    NerfEverything
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How has this monkey guy not been banned from the forums yet? Is there like some 15 strike policy or something? Literally every one of his posts is trolling. It wouldn't be so bad if there was some intelligent content in any of the posts, but they are just so painful to read and people keep responding to him because they know no one could possibly be that stupid.
  • Indarqeen
    Indarqeen
    ✭✭
    but they still nerfed my bash "oooohhee" that was pvp relate "oki no problem"