Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Video of Nightblade SOLOING VR Spindleclutch dungeon

monkeymystic
monkeymystic
✭✭✭✭✭
Here’s a video from the user “medakoable” on Youtube of a Nightblade soloing Veteran Spindleclutch (without using Destro/Resto).

I have NOT made this video myself, so I’m not taking any credit for it.

It should not be possible to "reset" mobs to death.
I hope the devs will take a look at it and see if this is intended.

A constructive idea on how to fix it:
Only in dungeon/raids:

Make it so cloak only works if there is another player nearby, so that the mobs swap aggro to that other player when the NB use cloak.
If there is no other player nearby, the mobs will keep attacking the NB using cloak, instead of switching targets.

Then NBs can still cloak like normal outside dungeons/raids like before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNESCiD5Wt0
Edited by monkeymystic on 27 May 2014 18:36
  • monkeymystic
    monkeymystic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has to be fixed!
  • monkeymystic
    monkeymystic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The youtube user has several more parts that shows him solo further
  • a3surd
    a3surd
    Dude seriously stop posting this. The only thing you see here is a bugged shadow cloak ability that stops dungeon mobs from completing any abilities.

Its sad that you are tying to get more attention on this, when there are a HUGE amount of NB skills/passives that are actually broken and need fixed.

It's really sad to watch this miserable DPS trying to solo mobs down just to get through the dungeon.

I've seen DK's clear the Vet10 dungeons solo. Killing things much faster and never having to worry about HP.

Watch this DK
  • elblobbob14_ESO
    elblobbob14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I'm impressed
  • elblobbob14_ESO
    elblobbob14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    a3surd wrote: »

I watched a bit, not all of it, but seems like Impulse was the key, so I'll be curious if he can still do this after the Impulse change
  • apterous
    apterous
    ✭✭✭
    it's just leeching strikes combined with invisibility and basic attack xd
  • monkeymystic
    monkeymystic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    a3surd wrote: »

I watched a bit, not all of it, but seems like Impulse was the key, so I'll be curious if he can still do this after the Impulse change

The DK in your vid used the combo (before 1.1 nerfs) of impulse spam with elemental drain bug that gave magicka back from DoT's, toggled abilities and so on. It gave him infinite magicka. This is fixed with 1.1 patch and no longer possible.

Nightblades soloing stuff like in this video (and his other videos) needs to be fixed however.
    Edited by monkeymystic on 22 May 2014 18:03
  • Mykah
    Mykah
    ✭✭✭
    Lol youre totally right.

They should adjust Dark Cloak so that it does not break on damage like in its current form, does does not break when you sprint like in its current form, actually removes dots, AND give VR dungeon bosses some minion adds with stealth detection.

Thanks for bringing this to the devs attention.
    Edited by Mykah on 22 May 2014 18:09
  • stevenpotter321b14_ESO
    Yeah, Im not a fan of the invis acting as it does, I have used it a few times during my level up through the story in VR ranks (looking at you Alchemist). However, it is a bug that needs to be fixed, even when grouped, Ive seen other NBs use the same tactic, and the boss many times will continue to stand there ignoring the other players.

Either way, taking advantage of something that likely isn't intended is not something that should be consider a strength of a class.
  • monkeymystic
    monkeymystic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They gotta fix this before Nightblades do it in craiglorn
  • joshisanonymous
    joshisanonymous
    ✭✭✭✭
    Expect to start getting flagged monkeymystic. You're making multiple threads for this and even posting it in other threads. Spamming does not win you support.
    Fedrals: PC / NA / EP / NB

• subecsanur
    subecsanur
    ✭✭✭
    VR10, a lot of realm buffs, Heavy armored NV with shield using basic attacks and heavy magicka use. I am not sure if this is what most ppl envisioned on how really to enjoy playing NB class.
    Regardless compared to other classes this guy despite using all the maneuvering was at near death many times unlike DK's and Sorc's who at VR10 can go into lower VR dungeons and casually run thru it.
  • monkeymystic
    monkeymystic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Expect to start getting flagged monkeymystic. You're making multiple threads for this and even posting it in other threads. Spamming does not win you support.

Spamming? I posted it in someone else's Nightblade thread, but I think this issue is so serious that it needs it's own thread so the devs see it. Don't you?

This is not my video either, it's some guy on youtube.

I know you're a nightblade and prolly dont want this fixed, but everyone can see this is not right...
    Edited by monkeymystic on 22 May 2014 18:42
  • Shillen
    Shillen
    ✭✭✭
    Give it a week or two when all nightblade groups are clearing all of craglorn with the best times then they will want to do something about it.
    Please LOL my comments. I'm an aspiring comedian.
  • stevenpotter321b14_ESO
    Shillen wrote: »
    Give it a week or two when all nightblade groups are clearing all of craglorn with the best times then they will want to do something about it.

Not sure if serious.
  • monkeymystic
    monkeymystic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep. This is why I hope the devs see this in time, and fix it ASAP.
  • Shillen
    Shillen
    ✭✭✭

Not sure if serious.

Very serious. Nightblade siphoning strikes is ridiculously overpowered. Even more so now that they fixed elemental drain. Nightblades will be the only ones with insane magicka regen, allowing them to heal/dps/tank better.

• Solnai
    Solnai
    ✭✭✭
    Hey while you are at it ....

https://youtube.com/watch?v=XRYfQPAloeE
  • monkeymystic
    monkeymystic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    iDoseDMT wrote: »
    Hey while you are at it ....

https://youtube.com/watch?v=XRYfQPAloeE

That is an old video, and is no longer possible with the nerfs/fixes in 1.1 patch.
    please be more up to date.

A DK can not solo like that in the 1.1 patch.

Nightblades can still do this in 1.1 however, and it should be fixed
  • Mykah
    Mykah
    ✭✭✭

Not sure if serious.

Very serious. Nightblade siphoning strikes is ridiculously overpowered. Even more so now that they fixed elemental drain. Nightblades will be the only ones with insane magicka regen, allowing them to heal/dps/tank better.

Lol you think NB can dps better than sorc?
    Heal better than templar?

You do realize its a TIMED trial and that a bunch of one trick NBs exploiting dark cloak will take forever to kill a boss compared to a real group?

I don't think you can be taken seriously, for serious cerial.
  • Shillen
    Shillen
    ✭✭✭
    Mykah wrote: »

Not sure if serious.

Lol you think NB can dps better than sorc?
    Heal better than templar?

You do realize its a TIMED trial and that a bunch of one trick NBs exploiting dark cloak will take forever to kill a boss compared to a real group?

I don't think you can be taken seriously, for serious cerial.

It has nothing to do with dark cloak when you're talking about groups. It has everything to do with siphoning strikes. Yes, a NB can out-DPS a sorc and out-heal a templar.
    Edited by Shillen on 22 May 2014 19:02
  • jvargas150_ESO
    apterous wrote: »
    it's just leeching strikes combined with invisibility and basic attack xd

Lol.. exactly and clearly he will NEVER get pass the 2nd boss which is why it ends there..
  • rorcusb16_ESO
    rorcusb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    It took that VR10 NB 11 Mins to reach the same stage as this VR5 ! DK took 2 mins to do.. I think the NB is the last one to worry about :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRYfQPAloeE
    Edited by rorcusb16_ESO on 22 May 2014 19:07
  • jvargas150_ESO
    The youtube user has several more parts that shows him solo further

Wish I could report you for lying..
  • Lord_Hev
    Lord_Hev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cool. A DK could solo the same stuff, but like 900% FASTER with less risk factor and more LOLROFLSTOMP DPS out-put.

Your point, OP?
    Qaevir/Qaevira Av Morilye/Molag
    Tri-Faction @Lord_Hevnoraak ingame
    PC NA
  • monkeymystic
    monkeymystic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord_Hev wrote: »
    Cool. A DK could solo the same stuff, but like 900% FASTER with less risk factor and more LOLROFLSTOMP DPS out-put.

Your point, OP?

Glad you asked.
    My point is that a DK *could* do that, but before the 1.1 fixes/nerfs.

Nightblades still *can* do it, in the new patch.

That's the problem..
    Edited by monkeymystic on 22 May 2014 20:02
  • Jaxom
    Jaxom
    ✭✭✭✭
    This thread....hahahaha. I also hear if you post everything in bold, your point gets through better.
  • monkeymystic
    monkeymystic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaxom wrote: »
    This thread....hahahaha. I also hear if you post everything in bold, your point gets through better.

When we see Nightblades do this in Craiglorn you will ask for a fix, believe me :)
    Unless you play a nightblade yourself ofc.
  • MrDosu
    MrDosu
    Well, do people have any constructive coments on how to fix this? Whining doesnt help at all.

Cloak = aggro drop means its absolutely useless in solo PvE.

How else are the mobs supposed to react?

This is not a cloak problem, its an "Additive stacking of cost reduction in a no cooldown game" problem.
  • joshisanonymous
    joshisanonymous
    ✭✭✭✭

Spamming? I posted it in someone else's Nightblade thread, but I think this issue is so serious that it needs it's own thread so the devs see it. Don't you?

This is not my video either, it's some guy on youtube.

I know you're a nightblade and prolly dont want this fixed, but everyone can see this is not right...

Look at your discussion history: You've posted this video in 3 threads just today, cross posted 3 new threads about templars and resto/destro staff, 1 new thread about templars being OP, cross posted 3 new threads about bolt escape, 1 new thread about sorcerers, all just cries about how literally every other class but yours is OP and ruins the game. And what about yours? You post about the woes of DKs after the patch today. Yes, poor DKs. Your class is clearly in such a predicament that you need to spam the same complaints multiple times about literally every other class. You are by definition spamming, and violating the code of conduct for the forum by cross posting.

Don't try to change this about whether I'm just afraid of NBs getting nerfed, that's obviously your issue. I don't care either way, I don't play the build in the video, nor would I care if I did play that build.
    Fedrals: PC / NA / EP / NB